• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Not one but two anonymous angels wanted to get the word out about a hidden gem of a comic, feraligatr's Dear Sergio. This Shield Nuzlocke follows Sergio and his best only friend Hop!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Bug Report General

Thread Description
Yes, I am aware of the irony of this.

Salt&PepperBunny

Formerly MouseWithADinosaurTail
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
Stolen Dreams banner is broke.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
When you post a status, if the last posted status before yours was made by someone who's blocked you or someone you've blocked, that person's status will be revealed until you refresh the page.
Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the software itself so we can't change that behavior. The site doesn't re-fetch the status updates except when loading the page, and the block add-on can only hide based on the display order when the page is first loaded. When you post a status update, your post "pushes" the content downwards which effectively undoes the block. Other methods of hiding the content would require a re-fetch on a status update post which xenforo doesn't do at the moment. This shouldn't affect threads, only the status update widget.

As a workaround, you can go to your own profile to post a status update instead. That way, nobody else's content is on the page.

Stolen Dreams banner is broke.
We'll look into getting it fixed.

EDIT: Banner is fixed.

Last edited:

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
I notice that when I embed my image from my DA to teh media album, the size and resolution is smaller than it is supposed to be, thus if I code the size to be bigger, the image become blurry.
It might because I upload image before and I embed image nowadays, but is there a workaround for this?

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Talk softly and slowly so you don't scare this gentle creature.
Unfortunately, I don't think so - the media gallery doesn't support direct image links so we rely on different platforms o-embed APIs.
Deviantart has the cleanest embeds, but they're not the best quality - and since deviantart has begun expiring direct image links after a while, I don't expect that will change any time soon... they seem to be pushing people to visit their site 😔

If we ever manage to find a way to add direct image links to the media gallery, or are able to bring back uploads, we'll make an announcement letting everyone know!

In any case, I think if you're aiming for the best quality, I would use the media gallery as an archive that, if you wanted to, could be inserted into your posts so new readers have an easy on-site way to catch up, but in your threads for the actual update itself I would insert a direct image link using an offsite host (preferably not deviantart so the link doesn't expire!)

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
The newly added adspace banners are not showing up in either the PM or Resources version of the recent Newsletter. That section is just blank.

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Thats an issue with your adblocker! We'll be changing it but currently the images are in a directory called adb*nners which obviously triggers adblockers.. didn't realise that was happening until after the newsletter went out though, so we're waiting a few days before changing the directory name because thatll break the images for everyone!

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Thats an issue with your adblocker! We'll be changing it but currently the images are in a directory called adb*nners which obviously triggers adblockers.. didn't realise that was happening until after the newsletter went out though, so we're waiting a few days before changing the directory name because thatll break the images for everyone!
Full disclosure - A directory change *may* fix the adblock filtering. No guarantees. In general we recommend you turn off any adblockers on the site because they tend to be overzealous with blocking on XF for some reason. It's even been known to prevent posting for some users in the past.

We do not host third party ads at all.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Bug and I have moved the images to a different directory, that will hopefully fix adblock compatibility. We can't update the PM that went out, but they should now be visible in the resources and at the tops of the pages even with an adblocker on.

Still, we do recommend disabling adblock. If you or anyone else on the forums are using adblock to disable the run banners on the site, please be aware that you can turn off these run banners in your profile preference, as shown here:

1592617603288.png

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
The new links in the Resources Newsletter work for me now. Honestly, would not have suspected it was adblock related since mine doesn't block any other elements on the site, including the banners at the top.

Reactions: Bug

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
Having some major issues with images not loading. Some peeps on discord also mention this being a problem for them as well.

It also happens when I post a new page, as soon as its posted the image likes to crap out and then will temporarily fix if I hit edit and then do nothing and hit submit again. But it's impossible to read comics on the forums for me right now cause this is so prevalent. I've cleared out my cache and everything else I know to do on my end to get it fixed and it's still freaking out.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Thanks for reporting this. We'll have to look into why this is occurring because it isn't something obvious to me at this time.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Having some major issues with images not loading. Some peeps on discord also mention this being a problem for them as well.

It also happens when I post a new page, as soon as its posted the image likes to crap out and then will temporarily fix if I hit edit and then do nothing and hit submit again. But it's impossible to read comics on the forums for me right now cause this is so prevalent. I've cleared out my cache and everything else I know to do on my end to get it fixed and it's still freaking out.

OK, so I've done some digging and it looks to be an issue with our image proxy. We may not even need it anymore honestly, so I've gone ahead and disabled it for the time being. This has fixed the image in your signature, please let me know if it fixes the rest of the broken images you've been winding up with too!

One note: Some people have been copying and pasting our proxy URLs instead of the source image URL in their posts/signature. There is nothing the staff can really do about that - the OPs will need to fix their own links by using the correct source URL instead of the copied proxy code.

GoGoGogoat

Smiles go for miles!
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
he/him/they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Hello, I am a goat. Pleased to meet you.
The following fonts that appear in the dropdown box don't seem to work properly in testing on my end:

• Lucida Console
  • Garamond
  • Consolas
  • Palatino
  • Futara

I may have missed more, these are just the ones I noticed because I (would like to) use them for formatting in FCR threads of mine. Attempting to invoke these fonts as I would with other kinds that work properly just produces the default Xenforo font instead.

Harrie

Tech Team
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her & they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Pokédex Entry

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
@Fullmental
So far it looks like it has fixed everything! Thanks so much!

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)