• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Johto Written Log Teen Hack Broken Reality | A Randomized HeartGold Storyshot

Thread Description
Part 3: Unfamiliar Faces

Dozing

professional dumbass
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 23, 2020
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Psychic

The sun rises on a new reality...

And I believe it is finally time to begin.

Welcome to...
Broken Reality
I recently started playing some randomized pokemon, and started thinking about what it would be like to live in a world like that, and what could possibly cause it to become like that. Between that and wanting a new challenge, I decided doing a randomized Nuzlocke and rejoining these forums to write about it it would be the perfect way to do so!

While this will be written as I go, I'm going to try and stay at least a bit ahead of where I am in the story to ensure I can prepare for if a mon dies, and to make sure it isn't too abrupt within the story. Can't make too many specific promises about that or scheduling though thanks to my fluctuating availability and motivation. Now, onto what you're here for!

Rules
1) If a pokemon faints, it can no longer be used.
2) You may only use the first pokemon you encounter each area.
a) This rule only comes into effect after obtaining pokeballs
b) Species clause: If your first encounter a pokemon of a species you've already caught, ignore it.
c) If you find a shiny pokemon, you may always catch it. If you've already caught a pokemon in that area and have not used it, the shiny will replace it. If you have already used the pokemon caught there, the shiny is permanently boxed.
3) If you blackout twice, the run is failed.
a) This counter resets upon reaching Kanto.
b) If you blackout against Lance or Red, the run is failed regardless.

Randomization Details
Pokemon are randomized as to ensure a similar power to what was previously there.
Learnsets are shuffled, but tend to prefer the type of the pokemon, and generally start off weaker but get stronger.
Abilities are randomized, though no trapping abilities, negative abilities, or early-game Wonder Guard will appear.
Stats are shuffled, so while the BST will remain the same, the placement of each stat changes. They remain in the same placement upon evolution.
Field and held items are totally randomized, barring key items, or bad / useless items.
TMs and their comparability are randomized, as are move tutors. They're biased towards better moves, especially in the case of move tutors.
HMs remain the same moves, and are now compatible with any pokemon.
Trainer names are randomized.
Gift and trade pokemon are randomized, along with the pokemon given for trades.
Starters all have 2 evolutions, and the rival carries his starter throughout the game.
Impossible evolutions have been changed to make them possible.
Moves have been updated to their gen 6 data.

Part 1: Prelude (This post!)
Part 2: Uncanny
Part 3: Unfamiliar Faces

Wh-where am I?...

A light flickers on, and a figure is illuminated under it.

Huh? Oak, is that you? Where are we?

The world of pokemon, of course!

W-well, yeah, but like, where specifically?

Oak's body jitters unnaturally.

The world... of pokemon!

Okaaaay then? Oh jeez, what is going on...

Let me tell you a bit about this world!

Yeah, I mean, that's kinda-

Pokemon are curious creatures with so many powers that should be impossible! These impossible powers, though grand, often pose a danger too, and it's one we must learn how to protect ourselves from!

Huh? What do you mean?

Can you at least answer my question first?

Please, tell me your name!

Sigh... I don't think you're gonna be much help... Well, it's not exactly my name, but you can call me, uh, Dozing?

Please tell me your name.

Ugh... Ok, my name is Dozing, got it?

Yup, I guess. Don't wear it out.

She grumbles to herself, turning her head to the side.

It's time to enter the world of pokemon! The world of challenge! The world of the unexplained! The world of pokemon! The world of challenge! The wor-

As he rambles on, a bright light begins to wrap itself around Dozing's body.

Wh-what is thi-!

...That was, uh, a pretty weird dream. I think it was a dream at least? Eugh, I should head outside and get some air...

G'morning, mom.

W-wait, that's not my n-

How did you sleep? I know boat rides can make that difficult sometimes.

Boat rides? What do you-

He says it's important, but I feel like he just wants you to run errands for him again.

Oh, well, I'll go check on him anyways I guess.

Talk to you later sweetie!

She turns back to face the powered off TV.

...Uh, thanks mom.

She remains unresponsive, staring at the screen. Dozing sighs, and exits the building.

Ah, fresh air...

Oh, hey Marill! Where's Ethan?

Hey! Hey Ethan! I had a super weird dream, wanna hear about it?

Ethan walks away, unresponsive.

Huh. That's weird, not a word from him. Usually I can't get him to shut up!

Well, guess I may as well head to the lab to see what's going on there.

Hey, what are you doing here? You know the lab is open to the public right? You can just walk in if you wanna check it out.

...Rude.

Dozing makes her way into the lab without the hotheaded stranger, fidgeting uncomfortably as she contemplates these strange happenings.

I was hoping you could go down to Mr Pokemon's place for me, but with all the unusual pokemon popping up outside lately, I can't exactly send an undefended person out there.

Oh, that's too bad, is there something you wanted me to do inste-

No more legal issues if I do that!

...oh.

Well, I've always wanted a Cyndaquil, so at least I'll finally get one, even if the circumstances for it are a little strange.

...huh. Uhm, Mr Elm sir, are you sure these are the right ones?

Of course! They've been gathering dust there for quite a while now, so I'm pretty sure they haven't been touched. Why do you ask?

Oh, uh, no reason!

Sigh... Well, I guess if I can't have a Cyndaquil...

Hi little guy, what's your name?

You can call me...

Captain? Captain what?

Juuuust Captain. Let's keep it simple, missy.

Oh, uh, alright then, if you say so.

So, you're cool with tagging along with me?

Ha, I feel I should be asking you that question! You sure you can keep up with me?

Fairly confident, so long as you don't teleport away from me.

Hmpf. I'll consider it.

I'll take that as a yes then. Okay, you ready to go?

Hold your horsea, I've gotta do one thing first.

There, all set.

...I have no idea what you just did.

I didn't say I expect you to. Now, let's get a move on!

Alright Captain, teleport us over to the end of this route!

No can do, missy.

What do you mean?! You're an abra, that's all you do!

Really now? Check again, maybe you'll actually lean something, kid.

What the-

Now do you believe me, huh? ...Don't worry though, I'm a first rate explorer though, been at it for more than 30 years!

And yet you're still level 5? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

Well, whether you believe it or not, I'm your only shot regardless. So, are we doing this or what?

Sigh... I suppose you're right. Just, don't make me regret this, ok?

- - -
End of part 1...

Current team:

Captain the abra.

Alright, part 1 done! Sorry it was a bit on the short side, I wanted to make sure not too much was thrown at the reader at once. I also tend to prefer things that are a bit on the shorter side, though I'm certainly gonna experiment with the length of these. Let me know your thoughts on that! I also feel the pace will speed up once there's less story to cover, and I can just show the main progress I make.

As for the gameplay so far, Captain is certainly going to be an interesting starter; seems like his stats mainly got shifted into speed and special defense, so while extrasensory is certainly a strong starting move, his other relatively low stats are certainly gonna hold him back in certain places. Stench is also going to be great for getting around without a repel, though not all that useful in battle unfortunately. Still, not a bad pokemon to start off with! Figuring out how to come up with an in-universe explanation for picking Captain was a bit of a worry for me at first, since If you didn't know its moves would be changed, there's no way anyone would pick abra as their only pokemon, haha.

Last edited:

Uberle

Lur King
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
Stays in the distortion dimension where no one bothers him
Well this looks fun
Lotsa randomization which is bound to be interesting

huh
So looks like this Dozing is like a normal human inside a video game where everyone else still acts like an NPC
I like it

Abra starting with Extrasensory huh?
Pretty good even with the stats shifted
But a speedy special tank sound pretty useful even if Captain’s Special Attack isn’t too impressive

Liking this so far, Dozing and Captain seem fun
can’t wait for more

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
This is a great first chapter -- usually the first chapters in storyshot runs I read fail to intrigue me, but this one got me interested right off the bat. I like how you explained why Dozing chose Abra, which was a gutsy move ooc because Captain would only have that one move before evolving and you had no idea what it would be. Dozing is an interesting character because she actively realizes just how weird the world is and is pretty much deconstructing it.

Starborn

Groovy
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 5, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
It stares up in the night sky and seems drawn to the light of stars. It's capable of navigating and marking constellations.
Wow, what a madlad! Picking Abra is one thing, but that move could've been anything from Hyper Beam to Self Destruct! (Actually, I guess it would've been more like 'Psychic to Telekinesis' or something...)

Also, Stench. A neat utility on paper for a Nuzlocke, probably not very fun since it might mean Captain never takes a shower. XD

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Captain Stench. I'm calling it now.

Dozing

professional dumbass
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 23, 2020
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Uberle I'm excited (and slightly terrified) to see what kind of shenanigans the randomizer brings. I could potentially get some super overpowered stuff, but I feel I'm more likely just to get screwed over lol. Dozing's situation is certainly an interesting one, and something I have a lot ideas surrounding. Of course, I don't wanna reveal all my secrets right away! ;) Captain is certainly in a really interesting position with his stats, as they're kinda all over the place, with some being close to or above 100, and some being just 15. He's pretty min-maxed in that regard.

@Trollkitten Glad you enjoyed it! I really wanted to focus on setting up the world, and the situation the characters are in, which is why I didn't get very far in the game. I think it paid off! Also, yeah, when I realized I needed to actually justify why I picked Abra I was a little worried lol.

@Starborn Abra was certainly a risky choice, though I figured if need be I can just have the other team member carry him, haha. I was pretty sure he wouldn't start off with explosion or anything thanks to the move randomizer settings, but things can certainly be worse than that. (I played through a bit of SoulSilver randomized before deciding to make a nuzlocke, and my starter was a slakoth with dought, and its only attacking move was water pulse for quite some time. It was... hellish.)

Alright Captain, let's head out. Let's try our best to keep away our distance from wild pokemon, okay?

I'm more than capable of defending the both of us. You have no need to fear!

Well, I'm just worried because Oa- er, somebody was telling me about how pokemon are showing some really strange and dangerous powers lately, and I'd rather not risk it when I have no idea what's going on.

Fair enough, I suppose. A healthy dose of fear can be difference between life and death for some adventures. I'm not particularly worried, but I'll respect your wishes.

Woah, what's this thing doing here?

Living its life, I presume.

Well, yeah, but I've never seen a nincada around here before...

Well, now you have!

Eugh, whatever, let's just go.

Alright, Cherrygrove. Now, where's route 30...

Excuse me, miss!

Oh, that's nice of you, but I'm actually not. While I wouldn't exactly say I'm particularly experienced, I certainly know the basics.

Ah, alright! Well, if there's anything else I can help you with, let me know!

Well, I was looking for route 30, Mr Pokemon's house is that way, right?

Right you are! Follow me, I'll take you to it.

Keep heading north from here, and stick to the right. You should reach Mr Pokemon's in no time!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Hah, first normal person I've met all day.

Huh, more weird pokemon.

Well, we made it. Let's see what Mr Pokemon's up to.

I feel I should interject, missy. What kind of name is "Mr Pokemon" anyways?

Says the one who demands to just be called "Captain".

Hah! Touche!

It's so nice to finally meet you in person!

Nice to meet you too! So, what did you call about?

...An egg?

Not just an egg! An egg... that should not exist!

How so?

It just doesn't make sense! Nothing is right about it! Something is wrong with it! Frankly, if Elm didn't convince me otherwise, I'd have smashed it pieces ages ago!

Uhm, not to sound disrespectful or anything sir, but I'm not sure what you mean? I can't see anything out of the ordinary with it...

Maybe not to you,, but any trained eye can tell, this egg breaks the rules of our reality itself!

Oh, uh, alright. That does sound important, so I'll bring it back to Elm, I guess. Thanks?

Oak: It's so very nice to see you again, Dozing!

Wait, Oak? And, again? What do you me-

Oak: Why, don't you remember last night when we met? That was certainly a hoot, wasn't it!

B-but, I thought that was just a dream? I don't understand...

Oak: I'm assuming you got this little one from Professor Elm!

Hang on, don't you go changing the subject agai-

Oak: Though I must say, it certainly does give off a, erm, strong scent.

Hmpf...

Oh thank Arceus, I thought that was me. I didn't want to say any thing but- Hey, wait a second, can you tell me what's going on?

Oak: I'm afraid I'm going to have to head out for now!

Wait, don't go!

Oak: Oh, don't worry!

Oak: Goodbye for now!

W-wait!

Dozing rushes outside after the professor, only for him to be nowhere to be seen.

Dammit! I thought I could finally get some answers about what's going on, but nope! Nothing! Just my luck.

Missy, I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, but if you told me, I'd be happy to do what I can to help.

Ugh. Okay, this isn't going to make any sense, but I may as well tell you, if only to get my thoughts out to someone. Last night, I had this super weird dream about Oak "welcoming me to the world of pokemon", which I have no idea what that means. He kept saying stuff that just, didn't make sense, and I couldn't wrap my head around. Now, everybody is acting super weird, pokemon are showing up in places they shouldn't be, and now Oak recognizes me from that dream? I just... I don't get it. I don't get any of this!

That's... a lot to take in, and a lot I don't really get. But, it's clear you want answers, and I'm more than willing to help you find them.

Thank you Captain... I appreciate it. I just-

*Ring ring! Ring ring!*

You need to get back here!

That... doesn't sound good.

No, it does not. I feel like it may be worth our time to train up a bit, just briefly, in case what happened necessitates us to fight. I know you wanted to avoid that, but I feel it may wind up being safer in the long run.

Yeah, that's sound reasoning. Let's take down some wild pokemon on our way back.

Hmm, that feels, normal, but also not quite right?

Okaaaay, that is definitely not normal!

Whatever though... Alright, let's head to the pokemon center, then back to the lab.

Wait... is that the guy from earlier?

Excuse me?

People as broken as you are don't deserve any kind of strength. Not that you care, evidently.

What do you mean, broken? I'm working perfectly fine, you weirdo!

You're barely stitched together, falling apart at the seams. Heh, you'll be easy to take down.

You... You're the one Elm was calling about! You stole that Rhyhorn?

Hah, I'm just using it for what it was put there for. People like me.

What are you on about..?

Alright, Captain, take it down!

You can count on me!

Hmpf. Rock throw.

Oh jeez, this does not look good. Captain, hold your ground!

...Oh.

See? Told you you could count on me.

Dumb luck may help right now, but it's not gonna get you anywhere in the long run.

What are you even talking about, who are you?

...I'm Silver, and I'm the one who's gonna get out out of this dump.

Now out of my way.

...Not the most pleasant individual, is he?

No, he really isn't...

What do you think he was rambling about there, missy?

Hell if I know. I feel it's got something to do with all the weirdness going on, but I don't even know what that's all about! ...Whatever, let's just get back to Elm.

I can't believe it, he stole my Rhyhorn!

I know, I'm sorry I couldn't do anyth-

It would have been worth a fortune!

...Seriously? Ugh, whatever, here's what Mr Pokemon found. Take it.

But, something about it just, doesn't seem right...

Everybody keeps saying that, but nobody says what exactly it is that's weird about it.

Agreed, it looks like a regular old togepi egg to me. Something we're missing, perhaps?

Not being able to see what's weird about this? Now that's proper weirdness! If only I could make as much of a profit off your weirdness as I could with this egg! Anyways, I'd like at least one of my pokemon back today.

Uhm, actually, could I hold onto this abra for just a liiiiitle bit longer? Just for a bit! As a reward for helping out!

Sigh... I suppose I do owe you. Bring it back by tomorrow evening, got it?

Uh, will do!

Dozing exits the lab, being careful to make sure the door was shut all the way before saying anything.

Okay, maybe that Silver guy had the right idea, even if he was a jerk. Elm really is not acting like himself, and there's no way I'm letting him sell you off, Captain.

Well, what are we going to do instead? We can't exactly stay here.

Well, Oak said he's going to Goldenrod, and he seems like our best shot at some answers, soooo, maybe we could go there?

Sounds like a plan. But, you'd best be sure to say goodbye to your mother first.

I'm not even sure she'll respond though? But, I guess it's better to try and fail than to leave her wondering.

Uh, yeah. Sorry it's so sudden...

Don't apologize dear. I know, things are... strange right now.

Please, honey...

Thanks, mom. I will.

- - -

End of Part 2...

Current team:
Captain the abra.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
It just occurred to me that if Silver had had a Dark-type, you'd have been hosed.

I really like how the story segues so well with the screenshot text; it all flows so naturally, despite the plot of the storyshot going in an entirely different direction from the canon game. You're doing a great job with this!

(Also I don't want Captain to die...)

Starborn

Groovy
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 5, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
It stares up in the night sky and seems drawn to the light of stars. It's capable of navigating and marking constellations.
Rocks fall, everyone d-oh, you lived. Well done! :D

Kricketot with Spark AND Bubblebeam?! Why can't I get that in my Platinum run?! XD

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Okay, you got me hooked. Silver coming in really sold the whole mystery aspect of this and I’m excited to see how it unfolds.

Second

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Protagonist but in Real Life
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They / Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon has a tendency to start many projects as they come to mind, but they tend to only finish projects other people have made deadlines for.
There’s something spooky afoot and I’m a fan. Silver knows what’s going on, huh, or at least knows something... can’t wait to see what unfolds!

Uberle

Lur King
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
"Pokemon with dangerous powers"
Casually pulling along an Abra with a base 80 moves
I think you're good

Wasn't really getting Dozing's reactions to the Pokemon
But then I remembered none were native to Johto so it makes sense

>Regular Togepi Egg
(X) Doubt

Dozing

professional dumbass
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 23, 2020
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey everybody! Sorry for the long wait on this update, life has been a wild ride as of late, and keeping up has been tough. I haven't been able to get this project off my mind though, and have been eager to work on it, so, here I am!

@Trollkitten Yep. Probably wouldn't have picked Abra if I hadn't set it so that the rival keeps his starter through the game, thus meaning I know what I'm actually up against. Also, really glad to hear you're liking things so far! Screenshots not meshing with the text always bothered me in runs that did that, so I'm making a lot of effort to ensure they fit together here. And yeah, I really hope Captain's gonna be okay too...

@Starborn That first rival fight was kinda terrifying lol. Wasn't sure if Captain would actually survive it.

@Bug and @Second Glad to hear you two are liking it! You're definitely right about silver Silver; he's got an interesting relationship with what's going on. ;)

@Uberle Unfortunately for me, I'm surely not gonna be the only one with ridiculously powerful moves lol. Let's hope the RNG is in my favour though. Also, regarding the Togepi egg... for some reason, this randomizer doesn't actually affect eggs? Unless it's related to a setting I didn't change when testing it, which in that case, it'll be a surprise both for me, and the characters!

So, we're off then?

We're off.

Alright! Let's hope things go well for us out there!

Oh! Hey Dozing!

Hey Ethan! What's going on?

Oh, nothing really. Just figured I should give you some Pokeballs, since you're leaving home and all.

Huh? Where did you hear that?

Dozing, you joker, you! Come on, gotta show you the rules for pokemon catching! Follow me into the grass!

O-oh. Uh, okay.

W-what the heck is that doing here! Ethan, are you gonna be okay?

Of course! Weirdos like this guy will be easy with Marill's help!

...Uuhhhh...

First, you gotta damage it! That's when you can go in and try to catch it!

Boom! Quick and easy! Thanks, Marill!

Oh, you did it! Nice job?

Oh! One more thing, be sure not to catch more than the first pokemon you find in each area. Things... don't turn out well if you do. But, you know that already!

Here, take these! Good luck!

Uh, thanks Ethan. Both for the pokeballs, and the tip. Gonna get going now. See you around.

See ya!

Hey, Captain, any idea what was up with that stuff about only catching one pokemon per area? Have you heard anything about that before?

Well, I'm no trainer, so I'm probably the not the best person to ask about that kind of thing. That being said, the tone in that young man's voice was not pleasant as he said that. It sounds like he speaks from experience.

Hmm, that makes sense. I'd rather not risk finding out what'd happen if he were right, so I guess we'll just look for something here, and hope it's a good addition to the team!

Here we are! Alright, Captain, let's catch this thing!

Eek!!! P-please, don't hurt meeeee!!!

No no no no no nooooo... Oh great, what sort of pickle have you gotten yourself into now, stupid, stupid me...

Hey, it's okay. We're not here to hurt you. We just need some help to travel for a bit. You don't have to join us if you don't wanna, but we'd really appreciate it if you did. We can help train you if you want!

O-okay... Uhm, I guess I should probably introduce myself then...

Nice to meet you, Dorothy! My name's Dozing, and this is Captain!

Pleasure to meet you. Say, what's that you're holding there?

S-sorry, I-I promise I'm not gonna use it to run away from you!

Relax! Don't worry about it! That smoke ball actually might come in handy, so it's good you have it!

Alright, we're just gonna catch a pokemon from here first, then train you two up. Deal, Dorothy?

Uhm, o-okay!

Aaaahhhh!! Please no birds please no birds please no birds!

Don't worry, I'll handle it from here.

There we go. No problem!

Now, who might you be little guy?

Hi! I'm Kyle! I'm really strong and cool! And! I can kick butt, too!

Hahaha, aren't you eager, kiddo? Well, we're about to do some training, so maybe those "butt-kicking" abilities of yours will come in handy!

Captain flashes a smile and a wink at the little Starly, who beams up at him.

Good to see you're so enthusiastic, Kyle! Since we'll have a lot of time on our hands while we're training, we'll fill you and Dorothy in on what we're doing and where we're going during that.

A few hours pass by, filled with many battles and discussions. As the sun set, Kyle won another battle, and gained a puzzled look on his face.

Hey, Miss Dozing? Wait, is Miss the right term? Um, oh well. So, I think I learned a new move, but I'm not sure what it does. Can you come see?

Alright, let's take a look here, and-

Well! Well! What is it?!

Ummmm.... Well, it's a very powerful move that can defeat an opponent in one hit-

WOAAAAAH!!! That's so cool!

Well, it's not the best move actually, since it's really hard to hit. That being said, it's quite a uh, interesting move for you to learn so early on?

Awwww. Well, I'm gonna use it anyways at some point, cuz it sounds cool, and I like being cool!!!

Hehe, well if it makes you happy, we can use it once or twice and see if it pans out.

YEAH!!! You're the best, Dozing!

Oh please, enough with the flattery, haha! Let's just head on down route 23, and put that training to the test!

Hah, we'll see about that!

Bring it on!

Alright Alex, let's-

Actually, I'd better handle this one.

Awww, come on! I wanted to fight!

Don't worry, you'll get your time. Marills simply wouldn't be a good matchup for you, considering their high physical defense, and your mostly low power attacks. It would be a rather sluggish battle, honestly.

And don't worry Alex, it looks like there'll be plenty more trainers to fight on the way to our next stop. You too, Dorothy!

O-oh! Uhm, okay...

See? Wasn't bad at all! You were barely scratched!

I guess, yeah. I dunno if that counts as a win for me though, since you were the one who actually knew what to do. I would have just tried to run away, honestly...

Hey, That's what teams are for, right? Not everybody can do things on their own. The least I can do is help you out a bit. Come on, let's fight this next guy too!

Hah, easy win!

Wow Dorothy, you're super strong!

Th-thank you. I'm glad you see it that way... ...Eugh, I think I'm gonna be sick. That battle made me dizzy.

Um, do you nromally glow when you're sick?

Woah, look at you, Dorothy!

I... I evolved?

Hah, evolution sickness, I knew it! I got pretty sick myself the first time I evolved!

Wait, Captain, you're an Abra. You couldn't have evolved from anything!

Then why exactly do I remember evolving, hmm, missy?

Uh, beats me.

Well, whatever, we're on a new route now, so let's catch a new pokemon! Alex, you can do the honours.

Heck yeah, awesome!

Huh. So you said your name's Cyrill, right?

Right you are. How are you fine folks?

Doing well. So, you sure you're cool with accompanying us to Goldenrod?

Why of course! I've been there a few times, though never by foot, so it'll be interesting to see the path you folks take to it. Least I can do as thanks for letting me tag along is fight a bit.

Oh don't worry, you won't have to do much fighting. Alex alright has the normal/flying department covered, so you can just help out with navigation and the likes. Sound cool?

Sounds 'cool' indeed, heh.

Hmm, it doesn't get cold around here, does it Cyrill?

Unless climate change has started going in reverse, then I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Alright, add that to the list of weird things going on, I guess.

Hey Dozing! Hey Dozing! Let's go in that cave over there!

Oh yeah, we should be able to catch something in there too. Let's go in and check it out!

Woah cool, it's a bear cave! I love bear pokemon, they-

Ow ow ow ow owwww... C-c-c-cold...

Woah, close one, Alex! You hang on tight, okay? I'll heal you up quick, and then we can catch-

...it.

...Well, guess we don't get an encounter for this area, ugh.

Sometimes these things happen. Don't fret over it.

That's true. That ice fang scared me, but the nexr town is close, so even if that Teddiursa did knock out Alex, we'd be able to get him to the center before frostbite or anything set in.

Let's just get to the next town, okay? I wanna warm up...

...Hmm, it's a bit of a strange coincidence that we found that piece of ice where it shouldn't be, right next to a cave where a pokemon used an ice type move it shouldn't know. In my experience, when you find something out of place, it usually has an effect on what's around it.

So, are you saying that ice being there caused that pokemon to know ice fang?

Or, I could be the other way around.

Or, maybe related to something else entirely?

Now that's an interesting possibility!

Ugh, I wish we had more information on what's going on. Though, I suppose that's why we're going to Goldenrod to begin with.

Well, whatever's going on, I'm sure we'd all be a lot more comfortable mulling over it indoors, yeah? Let's head into town and find the pokemon center.

Oh, that's convenient! It's right here by the entrance!

After heading inside, the group talked amongst themselves as they rested, becoming fast friends. Though Dozing was still rather intimidated by the world she found herself in, she could breathe a sigh of relief, knowing she had friends she could rely on, even in this strange new world.

- - -

End of part 3...

Current team:
Captain the Abra
Dorothy the Metapod
Alex the Starly
Cyrill the Pidgey

Lots to cover in this one! A bunch of new faces, and some more insight into how the inhabitants view this weird world of theirs. And as usual, some stuff that doesn't really make sense. Wonder what's going on there! ;)

Also, holy heck those are some powerful earlygame moves. Guillotine isn't exactly the best, but it's a fun gimmick move. Gunk shot on the other hand, is super strong, and would be really useful against a lot of pokemon. If only Dorothy were a Kakuna so she'd be able to get STAB off it. Oh well. Not a fan of having multiple normal/flying types though. You'd think the randomizer would give a bit more variety, huh?

A few close calls this part too, especially the Teddiursa. Shame we weren't able to catch it, it would be nice to have, even if it'd be a third normal type, haha. Wasn't entirely sure how to write that scene at first, since I wanted to express that it was a close call, without calling attention to the nuzlocke rules or anything.

Anyways, it feels good to be back! Hope to be able to write more soon! ^^

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
...Hmm, it's a bit of a strange coincidence that we found that piece of ice where it shouldn't be, right next to a cave where a pokemon used an ice type move it shouldn't know. In my experience, when you find something out of place, it usually has an effect on what's around it.

So, are you saying that ice being there caused that pokemon to know ice fang?

Or, I could be the other way around.

Or, maybe related to something else entirely?

Now that's an interesting possibility!

Ugh, I wish we had more information on what's going on.
Ooh, mystery! I hope we find answers at some point...

Second

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Protagonist but in Real Life
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They / Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon has a tendency to start many projects as they come to mind, but they tend to only finish projects other people have made deadlines for.
The party grows... The Pokemon we have so far will be interesting to watch play off of each other. I'd say you're in pretty good shape for Sprout Tower, and then Falkner!

Starborn

Groovy
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 5, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Bird Up! :D True, it's a shame when the game decides to just give you a bunch of one type-or a bunch of two types, especially when there's an angry Tedi right around the corner with Ice Fang. But nice to see the squad is okay so far!

Uberle

Lur King
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
that chapter name confused me for a second

Fun update full of intereactions

Dorothy knows the ancient art of throwing rocks
She is automatically the strongest one
Next to the birb with an OHKO move
This randomization is just fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)