• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Comic Johto Teen Bright Souls

Thread Description
A bored 20-something goes on a Pokemon adventure and gets in over her head.

SnowyUmbreon

Hex Maniac
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
When left alone, this solitary creature spends hours reading stories and playing video games. It spends an unhealthy amount of time on the computer.
I just got caught up! Very interesting so far! I can't wait to see how this plays out...

SnackyTheSylph

a weapon to surpass metal gear
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just got caught up! Very interesting so far! I can't wait to see how this plays out...
Thanks for reading! I can't wait to show you how this plays out :3

Comic Fury link

I'm doing a couple experimental things on this page. First, the header thingy. I dunno, I made it and I think it's neat. Second, coloring in the inner lines for characters. I'm trying it out. If you have any strong opinions about these changes, speak now or forever hold your peace. Because if I don't get any feedback, I'm just gonna keep doing them until I get tired of it and then stop.

That Slowpoke is a cameo of a catch from gameplay that didn't make it into the canon story. Her name is Nana. I tried to train her at one point, but she got picked off by Pursuit before even reaching half of the target level, so she got written out. Don't expect to see her again.

The dissolution/energy thing is vaguely based on a concept from IRL chemistry. I say “vaguely” because I only have a vague understanding of the concept itself. The important takeaway is: breaking a soul out of its concentrated form releases energy. That’s what happened in the last page. Also that the concentrated form isn’t the natural form.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Oh, I like the new coloring style, it’s nice!
I laughed way too hard at Amelia’s expressions when she was talking to Kurt, they’re lovely.
Best of luck with the gym! Hopefully Bugsy isn’t too scary.

SnowyUmbreon

Hex Maniac
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
When left alone, this solitary creature spends hours reading stories and playing video games. It spends an unhealthy amount of time on the computer.
Bummer! Slowpoke is a REALLY good Pokemon for lockes (if you can get it to lv. 40 without dying hhnnn)

Ooo, interesting explanation of what happened. I too am curious to find out if she technically counts as a Pokemon now. XD

SnackyTheSylph

a weapon to surpass metal gear
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, I like the new coloring style, it’s nice!
I laughed way too hard at Amelia’s expressions when she was talking to Kurt, they’re lovely.
Best of luck with the gym! Hopefully Bugsy isn’t too scary.
The script for this page had a lot more back-and-forth face making but I rewrote it a bit when I drew it. Glad it still works, though :)

Bummer! Slowpoke is a REALLY good Pokemon for lockes (if you can get it to lv. 40 without dying hhnnn)

Ooo, interesting explanation of what happened. I too am curious to find out if she technically counts as a Pokemon now. XD
Wait and see :^)

Comic Fury link

This bonus has been conceptualized/partially drawn pretty much since Sundown's first appearance (4 months ago? wtf.), but I never got around to finishing it. Well, until now.

Please excuse my left-handedness.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Haha, I like the questioning about sudden evolution. The lore is neat too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)