• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Johto General Mon | Brice Boi - Attempt at Ice/Water Monolocke in Johto! [Chapter 3] updated! |

Thread Description
Brice's Bizzare Water/Ice Monolocke Adventure | Chapter 3 updated!

silvercoffee

Concept Artist | Digital Illustrator
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him/My Man
Pokémon Type
Water
Hey everyone! This is going to be the first-ever post that I'm gonna make in this forum. Straight up doing the fan challenge.
I'm going to do a monotype nuzlocke challenge but had no idea what type should I choose, so I did a test/quiz about what pokemon type do I prefer and it turns out to be ICE.
But I don't think there's a lot of ICE type pokemon until gen 5 so I'll add water type too.

1. Box the pokemon if fainted.
2. Only catch the first and ONLY the first ICE/WATER TYPE pokemon encounter in each area.
3. Dupe & Shiny Clause.
4. Nickname all of the pokemon I caught.
5. Ice Monotype. I can keep the starter until I met an ice/water type pokemon, the starter will go to the box after I caught the first ice/Water type pokemon.
6. Can't catch Legendaries.

1. Pokemon base statistics (Fully Randomized)
2. Pokemon Abilities (Banned game-breaking moves in early game)
3. Evolution (Change impossible evolution)
4. Random Starter with 2 evolutions (No Legendaries)
5. Static Pokemon (Fully Randomized)
6. In-game Trades (Fully Randomized)
7. Pokemon Moveset (Fully Randomized)
8. Trainers Pokemon (Fully Randomized)
9. Wild Pokemon (Fully Randomized, banned holding bad items)
10. TM HM Move Tutor (Fully Randomized)
11. Field Item (Fully Randomized, banned bad items)

--------------------------

Meet yer boi Bryan Brice, a teenager obsessed with every watery ice pokemon that ever existed or not.
He ditched his old name Bryan because Brice sounds so much cooler, pun intended.

Making his way to the professor's lab, something caught his attention.
anime red hair, lurking in the corner, much suspicious.

"Not even a water type pokemon!?" Brice shouted, disappointed. The end.
But Mareep is cute too, he'll do for now until Brice catch his ideal type pokemon.
Let's hope that happens soon because I don' think Brelectric or Brygrass sounds as good as Brice.

Choose Mareep because of the fluffiness.

On my way to the Cheerygrove City, but he still there thou.

Mareep nearly died because a Grovyle decided to take revenge on me for not choosing his boi Treecko as the starter.

Got the Pokedex after using all the potions because the area was full of pokemon that super effective against Electric.
Time to head back because someone is up to no good.

This boi said that I'm a waste when the pokemon he stole was a Huntail. SMH

The police asked me his name so here it is.
He's Flygon because he's gonna be gone after I do a 4x super effective ice move on him.

After that my friend taught me how to catch a pokemon with her Pidgeotto, using M I R R O R M O V E.

She didn't even hurt that Chikorita, wym!?

Alright, that's cool. Just like that.

-Introduction end-
Next Chapter will showcase Brice's journey to defeat the champion!

Last edited:

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Let's hope that happens soon because I don' think Brelectric or Brygrass sounds as good as Brice.
And thus, Dusty realized why the run is named "Brice Boi"

Yeah, Ice-types are... not a lot. If anything, it's hard to actually do a vanilla monolocke with them since they're always found in late game. What's up with that, Game Freak? But at least you have Water-types and that'll be easier to find at least.

Good luck!

silvercoffee

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him/My Man
Pokémon Type
Water
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last time, my friend taught me how to catch a pokemon without hurting them.
I hope it works cuz my Flufy Shok is already Lv.11 and that bad boi will probably OHKO water pokemon with his electric moves.

Oh hey, it works. I don't know if it is because the first catch of the game will always be a success. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Also, meet Golduck Ramsey but its actually Gol.Ramsey because there's not enough space.

You did good my dude. Time to go into the box because I just got my first water type pokemon.
After putting Flufy Shok into the box at Cherrygrove City, time to face my first gym at Violet City.

But this dude right here try to pick a fight on me because he lost a battle using Armaldo.
But Gol.Ramsey here is gonna let this kid know what it feels like to lost two battle in a row.
Rain Dance + Water Pulse, maybe a little bit overkill.

I finally knew why did the earlier kid lost the battle. This guy got two pokemons,
and both of them are water type. RIP.

Ramsey learned Fire Blast. Alright that's cool after destroying both of the kids.

Those are some big bug boi.

Yeah he didn't lie. He got 4 pokemons, nothing special about the other three but only one..

ExCuSe Me!? But still beat this colossal boi.

After Lyra gave me this thing that I'll never get the chance to use, I finally reached Violet City.
Time to get my first badge...

BUT before that I need to go to the Sprout Tower and fight with some monks so I'm worthy enough to face the gym leader.

Just a master ball lying in the corner.

Fighting a bunch of bug type pokemon to the top of Sprout Tower.

This guy again. Ah, yes his name is Flygon.
He flygone after the elder monk scolded him for being a punk.

Ono its my turn.

Hmmm...that's easy. I guess I'm kinda(?) worthy to face the gym leader now.

AZELF we're not meant to be together in this run.

I bet that there's no bird type in his team.

Lopunny is not a problem at all, but that castform was about to end my entire career.

After a few round of struggling against that castform, Brice finally defeated the first gym leader.
Here it is! Brice's first ever gym badge! Time to head to the next gym!
-Chapter 1 End-

silvercoffee

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him/My Man
Pokémon Type
Water
And thus, Dusty realized why the run is named "Brice Boi"

Yeah, Ice-types are... not a lot. If anything, it's hard to actually do a vanilla monolocke with them since they're always found in late game. What's up with that, Game Freak? But at least you have Water-types and that'll be easier to find at least.

Good luck!
Yes, Brice Boi is Bae.
True, I checked earlier for the number of ice type pokemon in gen 7 and turned out to be 40+ only, not even 50 lol.
So for gen 5, there's probably WAY far less ice type in the game.
And thanks for stopping by!!

Last edited:

silvercoffee

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him/My Man
Pokémon Type
Water

So after Brice managed to get his first gym badge from the Violet Gym,
Professor Elm called again and asked to pick up something while Brice was still in Violet City.

Freshly caught? "Teach me the way, master!" Brice shouted as he watch his opponent threw out an Abomasnow, an ice-type pokemon he always wanted.
I threw a master ball at it to procastinate, it bounced off and failed to capture the pokemon as expected.

Met this guy behind the Union Cave. Honestly thou if I have $1m on me rn I'll buy that from you.

We're in the Union Cave, hopefully I'll encounter a water type pokemon or better yet an ice type pokemon.

ISTG, only second try and I caught this bad boi Feebas. I promised yall no hackerino.

Welcome to the team Milothicc, you'll be a good addition! Water Absorb, not bad.

Quote of the day. Obviously, he say that only because he has strong pokemon!
Or that was my initial thought...

First thought, he doesn't look strong to me because he only know use Minimize four time in a row.
And suddenly he hit my Gol.Ramsey with a 360 thunder fang crit. Milothicc was not hurt, but Gol.Ramsey bout to faint.

And this dude showed up after that to congrat me for nearly get taken out by Electrike.

AND THIS DUDE showed up to take revenge on me because I put my mareep in the box.

I know you, you is partrick.
Team Rocket being a good Samaritan by blocking the well so nobody fell down.

Route 33's first battle, Gol.Ramsey's cousin showed up. A few seconds later his cousin was never seen again.
Dupe's clause so he gone.

My God how many Legendaries did I already encountered in the early game?
Yall lucky I can't capture you guys.
Also, welcome to the team Gaston!

Someone in Azalea Town asked for Brice's help because someone was selling Slowpoke's tail.
Time to rescue them out.

Look at the detail of the game that came out ten years ago.
Water reflection woo!

Ayy chill bro. I didn't do anything.

LOL. Gaston get back here before you get hurt, that's not a normal bug.

Ok I guess.

Hey, it's Proton. Nice name btw.

TIL Team Rocket have bunch of Legendaries and they're not satisfied yet.
But hey thanks for putting up a fight for my boi Gaston, see you next time Proton!
After saving the slowpokes, Brice can finally face the next gym leader at the Azalea Gym.

This should be fairly easy as my Golduck was at 26+ lv at that time.

Defeating him was easy, perhaps too easy and I let my guard down.
The last pokemon OHKO my Gaston, rest in peace Gaston you did well.

Pokedex on Gastrodon: "It has strong regenerative capabilities. Even if parts of it are bitten off by fish Pokémon, it will return to normal within a few hours."
Brice: "Then w-why... is she not coming back Nurse Joy?"
-Chapter 2 end-

Last edited:

Smoothie

Happy Dude
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He.
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
My God how many Legendaries did I already encountered in the early game?
LMFAO MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY XD like, it's been around 10 of them and you're just at the 2nd badge like what the hell, still, that has been a lot of fun

Of course, right after capturing Lugia team rocket decided they have had enough of legendary hunting and dcided to start a Slowpoke's tail black market

Anyways, I'm a sucker for monotypes. Water is a really strong and common type, I hopethey don't eclipse your chances of getting some ice mons. Good luck with the next gym and good work so far! I'm really sorry about Gaston though :( and how did you end up grinding Gol. to level 26? Holy crap

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Hey, welcome to the forums!! I love a good monotype run myself! Wow, what a variety of enemies you've had so far! What are your randomizer settings, if you don't mind my asking? Damn, I'm sad about Gaston. What a good name for a Gastrodon! Hopefully Golduck Ramsey and Milothicc (also lovely names) will make it all the way!

silvercoffee

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him/My Man
Pokémon Type
Water
@Smoothie
Ayy thanks for stopping by! Kinda spent like good 10 minutes in Union Cave, there are wild legendaries all over there, so...
I'm ok with all water type, but I'm really hoping that at least one ice type will join my team lol. Also good luck with your Polished Crystal run too. :P

@Spectacles
Hey, welcome to the forums!! I love a good monotype run myself! Wow, what a variety of enemies you've had so far! What are your randomizer settings, if you don't mind my asking? Damn, I'm sad about Gaston. What a good name for a Gastrodon! Hopefully Golduck Ramsey and Milothicc (also lovely names) will make it all the way!
Thanks for stopping by and the for the welcome :) Its a long list so plz bare with me :P
You also reminded me to put this list on my first post lol.
I kinda forgot to put it there in the first place.
1. Pokemon base statistics (Fully Randomized)
2. Pokemon Abilities (Banned game-breaking moves in early game)
3. Evolution (Change impossible evolution)
4. Random Starter with 2 evolutions (No Legendaries)
5. Static Pokemon (Fully Randomized)
6. In-game Trades (Fully Randomized)
7. Pokemon Moveset (Fully Randomized)
8. Trainers Pokemon (Fully Randomized)
9. Wild Pokemon (Fully Randomized, banned holding bad items)
10. TM HM Move Tutor (Fully Randomized)
11. Field Item (Fully Randomized, banned bad items)
Yeah, hopefully Gaston will be the last pokemon that I lost. I grinded around the Union Cave a little bit to make sure both Gol.Ramsey and Milothicc have higher lv.
I wished you good luck on your run too!

-Chapter 3: Goldenrod City & Goldenrod Gym-

Brice is finally going to the infamous Ilex Forest. Brice was told on the way that the forest is watched over by a protector.
Thanks for the advice, but Brice here had already faced many "protectors" before arriving here.
Also, nice illustration from the game as usual.

Big oof, good thing I have this netball with me.
Welcome to the team Oof. yes. Oof. I ran out of idea.

Not bad Oof, not bad. But that Sand Stream thou.

Of course, this mini-game is here. It was easy enuf for someone who played before,
but still I despise this little * lol

Look at all these protectors of the forest. Not you Purugly.

Double-Edge? On my run!? Nu-uh.
Dat some dangerous move.

Managed to catch both of them without much trouble even with my faded memory on how to catch them.
Met these two after catching the escaped pokemon. A girl that spoke in third person and a dude that know how to properly headbutt a tree.

You should've known your pokemon moves well, there's something called Pokedex! It's not like you have a le-

-gendary pokemon.
Johto is such a dangerous region for new trainer. Look at these Pokemons.

Good ole' Daycare. Hi Lyra.
Nothing to do over there so Brice just head straight to Goldenrod City, after both Lyra's grandparents forced Brice to write down their phone numbers just like every other trainers did.

Exploring the city for a little bit, played that Voltrob Flip scam game and won nothing. Don't gamble kids.
Bumped into Rebirth Rocket Team in front of the Radio Tower that Brice's mom kept talking about.

That pink-hair girl on the side waited for me to finish all the quiz and copied my answer. No cheating please, I hate people who cheats.
I managed to get all quiz right because there's an answer cheat sheet on the internet. Again, how dare she cheated the quiz!

There's this Pokemon Name Rater, also rigged just like the Voltrob Flip game. Never trust them! Your pokemon's nicknames are great!

Without further waiting, Brice kicked the gym door open and challenge the gym leader!

Ha, this guy thinks he's so tough. Unfortunately for you, nobody gets in Brice's way.
Yes, nobody! It's not like you have le-

-gendary pokemon.
Run Oof! Run!
After beating this dude, Brice probably already faced the worst in this gym.
It's not like they have two le-

-gendaries pokemon.
What is going on!?
But it's ok, Brice's pokemon are stronger and more superior than these pesky birds.

Don't think I have a choice. Yes, I guess.

...You!
You copied my answer at the Radio Tower just now.

I did not screenshot her pokemon because somehow she only has a Tropius, Pidgeotto while her underlings have legendary pokemon.
Totally normal.

Oh!?
Right after Brice defeated Whitney, this egg boi bout to hatch.
Pepebless me an Ice type pokemon please.

Alright, meet IntoTheBox. This gonna be the last time yall ever saw him cus he aint ice/water type pokemon.
After putting the Machamp into the box and healing the pokemon, Brice decided to find the beauty saloon in Goldenrod City.

Lyra is everywhere.
She gave Brice a fashion case thou, thanks.

You have better chance seeing one two at the gym above you.

So every pokemon has a different weakness type? *writing notes down*
He was like "I'm gonna show you what super effective move looks like when I battle with you!"

Water is not very effective against grass type... *writing notes down*
SYKE!
I just one shot your pokemon with a non-effective move, Mr Professor!

After getting Milothicc an expensive haircut, Milothicc looks delighted. So it's worth the money.
After another visit to the pokemon center to heal up, Brice's finally on his way to the National Park!

-CHAPTER 3 END-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)