• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
An Ultra Moon Nuzlocke [Updates Saturdays] / CWs on pages with sensitive themes

zombie-zcorge

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Zcorge [Pronounced Scorge] is an artist and Pokemon (and Guzma) enthusiast. Don't get him talking about his nuzlocke comic or else he will never stop.
bloom__an_ultra_moon_nuzlocke___cover_by_zombie_zcorge_df15aqf-fullview.jpg

Bloom: An Ultra Moon Nuzlocke Comic
By Zombie-Zcorge

Hey! Welcome to my Nuzlocke comic, Bloom! This is based off a real playthrough of Ultra Moon that has been documented from start to finish. The actual playthrough ran from 2/20/22 to 3/4/22. Some fights will be altered and some Pokemon will be excluded (Just so that I don't have to introduce every Pokemon that barely makes a dent in the team). The story will also be changed to better fit my narrative, but it will still hit the general storybeats of the games.

Bloom, an 11 year old girl runs away from her home region of Kanto and travels to Alola, a tropical grouping of islands. Determined that she is ready to start her Pokemon journey despite never meeting a Pokemon in her life, let alone knowing anything about them, she embarks on a quest to beat the trials of Alola and become the champion. Little does she know, there's more to the world around her... And maybe even herself.

Start reading on...

Deviantart!
Comicfury!
Tapas!

Content Warnings

Pages with this content will have a CW by them.

Gore, blood, animal death (and some human death), some strong language, smoking, and references to child abuse. If any of this makes you uncomfortable, feel free to tune out!

Rules

1. If a pokemon faints, it's dead. Release/box them.
2. You can only catch the first pokemon on every route.
3. You must nickname all Pokemon.
4. If you encounter a Pokemon that you already have/is of the same lineage as one you have, you can run away for another encounter. However, if the pokemon of that species has died, you are free to catch it. Split evolutions are allowed. (Ex. you can have a Vaporeon and Jolteon, Politoed and Poliwrath, Slowking and Slowbro, etc.)
5. Shinies count as new viable encounters. (I don't end up finding any, but I felt this rule was worth mentioning.)
6. Subsets of routes are counted as new routes. (Ex. Route 1 - Hau'oli Outskirts and Route 1 are considered different routes.)
7. Your Pokemon must be under the level of the next Totem Pokemon or Island Kahuna's Ace pokemon's level. (Note that I sometimes go over it by 1-2 levels.)
8. Exp. Share is allowed until one of your Pokemon meets the level cap, just to make grinding less painful.
9. Legendaries/Mythicals/Ultra Beasts, Pokemon Refresh, Island Scan Pokemon, Z-Crystals, FEAR, Totem Pokemon, and X Items are banned and cannot be used in battle.
10. Gift Pokemon count as new encounters.

Table of Contents

Last edited:

CyanideCrystal

gg ez
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 12, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
Reads Nuzlockes to keep the pain of existance at bay.
I love your artstyle! It's so cute and soft! I wonder how come Bloom has never seen a Pokemon before. Interesting.

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Zcorge [Pronounced Scorge] is an artist and Pokemon (and Guzma) enthusiast. Don't get him talking about his nuzlocke comic or else he will never stop.
Chapter 1: Page 10's out!

I love your artstyle! It's so cute and soft! I wonder how come Bloom has never seen a Pokemon before. Interesting.

Tysm for the compliment!! but can't answer that question... for now ;)

012-Chapter1-Page10.png

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 1: Page 11's out!

013-Chapter1-Page11.png

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 1: Page 12's out! [Schedule's switching to Wednesdays and Saturdays!]

014-Chapter1-Page12.png

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 1: Page 13's out!

015-Chapter1-Page13.png

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 1: Page 14's out!

EDIPyTZ.png

Last edited:

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Oooo I adore your art style, this comic looks gorgeous so far — especially the pokemon! I love Valnar already, hopefully she’ll be able to bring Bloom out of her shell a bit.
Speaking of Bloom, she is precious and if anything bad ever happens to her I will riot. I wonder how she got the ability to talk to pokemon — seems like she was probably born with it?

Last edited:
OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Oooo I adore your art style, this comic looks gorgeous so far — especially the pokemon! I love Valnar already, hopefully he’ll be able to bring Bloom out of her shell a bit.
Speaking of Bloom, she is precious and if anything bad ever happens to her I will riot. I wonder how she got the ability to talk to pokemon — seems like she was probably born with it?

Ty for the compliments! (as a note, Valanar is a female.)

'If anything bad ever happens to her I will riot.' :) Nothing bad will ever happen to bloom! don't even think about it.

017-Chapter1-Page15.png

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Kukui and Burnet! Love Kukui’s suit and the flowers in his hair, his fashion sense slaps
Also thanks for correcting me about Valnar, I edited my last comment :D

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Kukui and Burnet! Love Kukui’s suit and the flowers in his hair, his fashion sense slaps
Also thanks for correcting me about Valnar, I edited my last comment :D

They're flowers from the Kukui tree! ../or at least, i tried to make them like it.

018-Chapter1-Page16.png

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Oooooo love the detail that they’re kukui flowers. I actually didn’t know what they looked like, but after looking them up I’d say you drew them spot-on
Bloom! Don’t steal things from people! I wonder what she plans on using it for…

kou

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2021
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fuck this Cacnea in-particular.
Squinting HARD. The blank stare when she takes it too. I'm sooo in.

Love the gradients on the word bubbles too! (Also intrigued how Lillie factors into this story. She's characterized immediately as "rash" which gives her a different vibe, plus she's also a runaway.)

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Bloom! Don’t steal things from people! I wonder what she plans on using it for…

Nefarious deeds.

Squinting HARD. The blank stare when she takes it too. I'm sooo in.

Love the gradients on the word bubbles too! (Also intrigued how Lillie factors into this story. She's characterized immediately as "rash" which gives her a different vibe, plus she's also a runaway.)

woohoo! glad the most recent page got the reaction i was hoping for for the most part.

and ty! they're fun to make. (Also, Lillie's different characterization was mostly because she was too similar to Bloom... and because she's so angy in her art!!! lillie why are you so mad!!! but it will play into the story a bit.)

[
019-Chapter1-Page17.png
/SPOILER]

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 1: Page 18's out! (another early upload.)

020-Chapter1-Page18.png

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 1: Page 19's out!

df7jakz-d1dd01b9-4634-4978-b482-1410280ee1b0.png

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Bloom’s enthusiastic face when saying yes to getting a pokemon!! She can feel emotions!!
also I love the dynamic of *very enthusiastic Hau* *very enthusiastic Kukui* *surprised but uninterested Lillie*

Bloom when Styran:
IMG_7596.jpg

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Bloom’s enthusiastic face when saying yes to getting a pokemon!! She can feel emotions!!
also I love the dynamic of *very enthusiastic Hau* *very enthusiastic Kukui* *surprised but uninterested Lillie*

Bloom when Styran:
IMG_7596.jpg

Don't get used to her smile, we won't see it again for a while.

Lillie doesn't understand battles and doesn't want to understand battles. She is not nearly as excited for Bloom's "journey or whatever."

Pokemon don't talk! In fact, there isn't even a Pokemon around. There is nothing. Bloom is DEFINITELY not insane.

bloom__an_ultra_moon_nuzlocke___chapter_1__page_20_by_zombie_zcorge_df7mw9y-fullview.jpg

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A cliffhanger…… who will Bloom choose……
Don't get used to her smile, we won't see it again for a while.
Nooooooooo 😭
Lillie doesn't understand battles and doesn't want to understand battles. She is not nearly as excited for Bloom's "journey or whatever."
Oooooo this is such a interesting diversion from the canon shy-but-bubbly-and-super-nice Lillie and I can’t want to see her interact with Hau and Bloom more!

OP
zombie-zcorge

zombie-zcorge

Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry

Users who are viewing this thread