• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Want to get a banner into the adspace for yourself? Submissions for new banners are open until September 30th!
  • The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • This month's feature has an ANIMATED TRAILER and a backpack shaped like a spheal, what more could you ask for? Read Endurance: In Our Blood by purplechug!
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

bhlog, you say

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
personal pokemon yellins
OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
heartgold is going well! i hatched my slugma egg, i caught myself a dunsparce (fuck yeah!!!!!! i love those fat little snakes), i have a sentret!!

i love normal types SO much, so i'm having a blast, really. i have fire types as a secondary so that i don't die immediately to fighting types

perhaps,,, not my smartest decision? i probably should've picked like like. grass or something to soak up rock/fighting moves but like

boy howdy i straight up DID NOT think strategically

i went "but i wanna use growlithe" and straight up stopped thinking ohhh my god

what can i say but PUPPIES*

*not all puppies are normal or fire but A FAIR AMOUNT ARE so there

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
*not all puppies are normal or fire but A FAIR AMOUNT ARE so there
There are quite a lot of Fire-type canids for some reason. Growlithe, Houndour, Vulpix, Fennekin... arguably Flareon has some canid traits. There's also Entei, but it's not technically a puppy anymore.

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
There's also Entei, but it's not technically a puppy anymore.
pah, that's quitter talk /lh

entei can be a puppy if it wants to!!! a dog is never too big to be a baby

but yeah, not sure why there's so many fire puppies, but honestly i'm here for it!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
a dog is never too big to be a baby
Given that I live with two senior dogs that are... less than mature... I suppose you're right.

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
deep inhale

OHHHH MY GOD. IT'S A GOOD DAY TO LOVE WOOPER

I AM THRIVING

WHAT DOES QUAGSIRE LOOK LIKE AAA

POISON GROUND? OHHHH MY GOD I LOVE HIM YOUR HONOR

never has there been such a lovely little guy

also A GREAT DAY FOR DOG POKEMON LOVERS. FIDOUGH SWEETHEART YOU'RE ADORABLE

edited in more under the spoiler tag

Last edited:
OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
man johto's grinding sucks asssssssssssssss

nobody's dead, but i did retire my pidgey for a hoothoot instead

figures that since i took a pidgeot to fr e4 championship i can focus on a different pokemon instead

so my current team is
- hoothoot (date)
- cyndaquil (blueberry)
- slugma (strawberry)
- sentret (raspberry)
- melon (dunsparce)
- littleberry (togepi) - i want to rename her to kiwi

melon is actually my only boy????? hilarious

everyone's about lvl 13, and my next two boss arenas are slowpoke well and then bugsy

and then rival time as well

ughhh i need 4 levels each (5 in melon's case) to get up to time's ace's level

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
heart gold leg of my ucl challenge is going a lot slower than my fire red leg

partially because i was emulating fr and had the x2 speed button on to make moving a lot faster

and partially because grinding in johto is a fucking SLOG

still really frustrated that my hg cart crashes if i try to play voltorb flip. that's annoying

if i've learned anything about using a slugma, it's that they're a lot more fragile than you'd expect

and if i've learned anything about using a furret, it's that they're a lot more versatile than you'd expect!!

and if i've learned anything about dunsparce? they're as adorable as they are deadly. headbutt dunsparce is a godsend

and johtomom gave me a silk scarf so that's just about chef's kiss

makes my dunsparce even more deadly

currently i'm trying to grind for chuck, and i am.......struggling? because my normal pokemon are taking the whole water routes very well, but my slugma and quilava are.......not

i don't want them to fall too far behind but good fucking god this is like pulling teeth

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Johto grinding is definitely a slog. I only put up with it because it gives me something to do while watching YouTube let's plays.

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
it gives me something to do while watching YouTube let's plays.
tbh rn my mmo of choice is having an event where you run dungeons to get an event currency for a selection of items that can be hard to get / thru optional content, and i like to do the one with mandatory minute long cutscenes

so im just beating up tentacruel in between my character beating up fascists

they recently changed the dungeons so they're waaaay shorter (broken up into more parts) and with shorter cutscenes, but it's still enough to grind to

rippo to the days when you could watch a movie while the cutscenes played

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
reader, it took me 40 hours of gameplay and one google search to realize that i had to initiate rematches in hg

suddenly grinding for clair is a lot easier

not especially EASY per se, because i am at work most of the day and the trainer pickins fer each weekday aren't especially spectacular (lookin at you, bug catcher wade :/)

but

oh thank god, i don't have to grind on wilds anymore

regretfully, i had to say goodbye to my slugma. i tried really hard to keep her alive! and i was so close to evolving her

but she was just so fragile in comparison to everybody else, and a self destruct from a wheezing sealed her fate :(

ambipom is pretty good though, actually. never used one before!

really wishing my voltorb flip worked in this cart tho - i could use some of those items

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
so, made it to hoenn. i am currently 3 badges deep and at the maxie fight. it's been so long since i played oras, tbh

when i crave hoenn content i do regular flavor ruby or sapphire

and boy has this ucl run made the reason very clear

i am....not a fan of the way the routes have transition zones now. and new mauville is cluttered :/

the sneak mechanic w/the popout pokemon is very cute and adorable, and i got my skitty that way!! love that kid

may's revamped design is adorable....

anyway so that's what's up with ucl

frustratingly, i haven't been able to write much lately. brain empty, heart sad, hands busy with other things

i need to try and make room for serious attempts rather than doublefisting two or more things at once

ANYWAY, SO TALKING ABOUT TWO OR MORE THINGS AT ONCE

contemplatin either a ruby or emerald lorelocke.....

i wanna splash around in the legends and lore behind the pokemon and recolor folk stories to match the setting and it'd be really fun ;o;

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
I'd personally say go for Emerald because it has a wider Pokemon variety. I'd be up for seeing an Emerald lorelocke. Actually I've made a few attempts at an Alpha Sapphire lorelocke, but I've never actually gotten very far for some reason... I don't wipe or anything, I just get bored and start over. Maybe it's because I've played ORAS to death and though it's one of my favorite remakes, it does have its issues and can get repetitive (the evil team bosses are a joke in terms of difficulty).

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
I just get bored and start over.
i'll admit that the level curve's been pretty easy...i like to keep the exp share on because grinding mistakes are how i lose 95% of my deaths, so ive been pretty autopilot through or

i can definitely see why you'd sort of fall out of it

i love emerald.....but ruby was my first pokemon game so i am admittedly Biased

that's a good point though about pokemon diversity

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
that's a good point though about pokemon diversity
While XY are among my least favorite Pokemon games, one thing they definitely got right is having a wide variety of Pokemon to choose from, even in their starting areas. While some games are pretty predictable in what your starting team will look like (see: Sinnoh and BW1), Kalos has a great selection of potential teammates from the get-go.

On that note, my headcanon is that the elemental monkeys are actually native to Kalos, as they appear more frequently in Santalune Forest than their rustling-grass encounters in Unova. That makes me wonder if the Striaton triplets have ever been to Kalos, or if they're actually from Kalos itself... come to think of it, there's at least one battle restaurant in Lumiose City that uses those monkeys...

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
as they appear more frequently in Santalune Forest than their rustling-grass encounters in Unova
ohhh yeah that would make sense

some of the rustling grass rare encounters feel a lot like "damn somebody's pet got loose and now there's feral babies all around"

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
some of the rustling grass rare encounters feel a lot like "damn somebody's pet got loose and now there's feral babies all around"
Them daaaaaaang shiny hunters, releasing all their breedjects...

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
i got one of those type sweatshirts from the pokemon center and it gives me so much seratonin

normal type represeeeent

actually tho talkin about normal types. i was almost spoiled for choice in johto? but kanto was dry, and hoenn gave me almost a full team's worth before the first gym and then nada until after wattson

sweeping flannery with my vigoroth was amazing

thank god for bulldoze

tho....when am i gonna get some good tms for my delcatty :?
she's got normalize, so like. she's gonna get stab no matter what, i just need stronger moves that she CAN learn

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ucl challenge goin well, just hit the elite four building. trying to decide if i want to try training more or if i want to just rush though. not worried about anybody but steven, so

anyway.

been ponderin The Orbs, and considering my common run of ruby

i so, so desperately want to have a run where i use only common pokemon

but i also desperately want a run where i don't use the top most successful pokemon in any given game per the team frequency

and for some gosh darned reason i want them both to be the same run, which is mutually exclusive....

but the real appeal of the lesser used frequency locke is the possibility of getting to use stuff like gardevoir or zangoose, you know? stuff that gets crowded out by zigzags and the like

the <40% encounter rate stuff...

OP
bhelryss

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
okay so like. i had a breakthrough

possibly!

hear me out

the orbs are the key

i do my ruby run - using the common rules! yes, good

and then, oh and then. i do my storylocke of emerald (possibly just sapphire) right? and i do it without using the 10x+ most used pokemon, and also anything that survived being used in the ruby lock is also excluded

wahahaa

i plan on layering natural disasters to take advantage of my scrapped soul-link run of ruby lore

Users who are viewing this thread