• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia Beginner's Mafia V2

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A new experience for beginners to forum mafia! All are welcome.

Garish Garchomp

Friendly Neighborhood Landshark
Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
also tbh?? a?? better play d2 would've just been to go along with the bread lynch or, yknow, when it was starting to look like it might be turned around onto ash, just hop on the ash train
why would i bring more attention to myself by actively trying to lynch anyone else than those two
it just looks fucking terrible on me if/when ash dies (and she did), as you said
tbh? This might be revisionist but I feel like kit was such an easy target that you just never got any attention about it (in general you haven't really gotten sus other than from akane lmao). It helps that you basically followed ash into the kit deal, so first vote wouldn’t look as bad. Going along with bread lynch would have been a good play as well to help clear you, I'll say that, but you didn't feel like much of a possible fall guy for a mislynch on kit. And btw, hopping on the ash train feels super unviable to me from your standpoint. To wit, a quote from you earlier:
“also, i've been defending ash to a. ridiculous degree even though mafia's clearly been trying to push a lynch onto her. if i were maf, why wouldn't i tone that down just a bit to let them, y'know, possibly be able to push the lynch?”

Your intention may not have been to marinate ash or anything, but IMO it would absolutely be in your best interest to go with basically anyone but her on a lynch unless it became certain she was the pick. A meaningful turnabout on that (rather than a formality to add, like, an 8th vote or smth) would have been fuckin weird.

also again when i'm mafia i mute the mafia server, there's no way i can plan that far ahead with the mafia members so there's definitely no way i'd know what the fuck akane had been planning during the day phase
i’ll grant this. I actually was too tired to process this second post when i initially read it, but i independently went back and looked at some of that and saw you talking about method acting that shit out lmao. I saw you crunching numbers in hacksmaf on different scenarios with kills and 3P and all tho, and I don't really think akane would just completely go rogue with courting angel. which, that's some irony with akane getting the 3P easy win there and now getting hosed by another 3P not doing it lmao.

also i started sussing mrE after he voted himself d1 which led to a nolynch, which, y'know, was really fucking bad for us
i also brought up sus on him last day phase due to the weird ass shit he was saying that doesn't track with the fact ash sent out her reads to a bunch of villagers (and i went and confirmed with her that she did send it to E as well)
honestly, while his self-vote was dumb i think it was just a weird play on a d1 with no information and us being behind the 8-ball with cop dead. imo the no-lynch came just as much from rampant inactivity and little legit discussion/organization (didn’t help that the early memeing didn’t serve a purpose). Also, one of my main reads rn, obv, would be aeg + kururu maf, and you two kinda just went back to back on the MrE sus there which felt a bit off to me. Kururu’s timing messes with my head but that’s why it felt a bit weird to see that back to back.

which. which means that mafia is krash and kururu, which
that's. also. weird. i've not been able to get a bead on kururu tbh but that's from the fact they've posted less than goddamn kirby (i think that's still true)
actually fuck, shit, kururu POST MORE

krash is. krash is certainly. something? again, his reason for not existing feels too specific for it to be a mafia excuse but thenthe rest of what he's said just digs him deeper and deeper instead. i
i guess if it's not mrE we could look into krash.

wait shit how much time do we have left in this day phase the thing is i wanna look more into both of the quiet players except for the fact kururu is so fucking dead that like. we can't look into them
yknow what i mean!!!!
we're at 23 hours til phase change as I post this.

Personally, I just don’t really think MrE is maf rn, his plays and some of his reads have been fuckin bizarre and the fact that the d1 play was against akane just adds to the weirdness but it all feels kinda vil-y to me? As in, if nothing else I don’t really see the maf purpose for them? (or at least, intentional maf purpose lol) Kururu is a bit of a shot in the dark but quiet mafia vibes are real, and your read on them feels like your token “i’m going to sus my maf friend consistently but always ranked under a couple others” like in hacksmaf. Keeping it on the DL, yknow. And the more i think about krash the more i feel like… idk. Bread giving krash basically the first vil read of the game just before he died feels like it’s trying to create more sus around krash. Stuff like that is fucking with me and making me believe it’s krash less even when so much adds up to him being maf.

I’m trying not to tunnel on an aeg + krash pairing so I’m taking as much as I can into account. At this point, I feel like it's aeg + krash or aeg + kururu, then kururu + krash, then MrE + my dignity. Which is also to say, you have valid points and despite me just coming right out with a vote there, I’m not exactly uber-confident. Idk, just. If nothing else, I don't like the way you've done reads/been read by akane and bread. just feels a lil gamey to me.

going to sleep way late, so @MrETheComic @kururu @Krashkube yall's input would be most welcome, yall's votes at least soon-ish would be most needed. Don't need to rush a vote, but we do still need lynches and all that fun stuff.

MrETheComic

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 8, 2021
oh boy time to defend myself really fucking badly

i'm going to be 100% honest i
cannot think that far ahead (nor can i plan alongside mafia that well tbh), in hacksmaf i was actually mafia and my strategy was literally 'mute the maf server and actually try to sus out mafia just the same'
which actually means jack shit this game i basically said hey i'm trying to play the same. fuck. my point is i definitely wasn't defending ash for the fun of it and the oooo get village read i genuinely thought she was village
tbh i thought ash vs bread was another youre both villagers dumbasses situation because. yknow. last game it was, in fact, a youre both villagers dumbasses situation but one of them was highly sus (akane and ash) and the other one was 'actually if you squint you see issues in their play' sus (bread and overkill)

also the reason i wasnt so sure about akane was becuase his posts actually read weirdly to me. read more nervous to me than usual for some reason tbh. don't know how to describe it

also tbh?? a?? better play d2 would've just been to go along with the bread lynch or, yknow, when it was starting to look like it might be turned around onto ash, just hop on the ash train
why would i bring more attention to myself by actively trying to lynch anyone else than those two
it just looks fucking terrible on me if/when ash dies (and she did), as you said
also again when i'm mafia i mute the mafia server, there's no way i can plan that far ahead with the mafia members so there's definitely no way i'd know what the fuck akane had been planning during the day phase

also i started sussing mrE after he voted himself d1 which led to a nolynch, which, y'know, was really fucking bad for us
i also brought up sus on him last day phase due to the weird ass shit he was saying that doesn't track with the fact ash sent out her reads to a bunch of villagers (and i went and confirmed with her that she did send it to E as well)
*I said I did see it, but that was 2 days before my final reads. I had forgotten this play after the days had past.*
Also I have highlighted my reasoning for my day 1 actions. The most important thing you should note however is the fact that if we actually did go through the lynch day 1 (aimed at Ash) we’d literally have no nurse at this point

MrETheComic

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 8, 2021
My honest opinion is that kururu is our best shot at getting the mafia target. Though I need to take a deeper look into that.

for now tho
Vote: Kururu
In the case this lynch goes fast

Also with the fact that nurse is dead, the end game is gonna end up being me, Aeg, and the other remaining player seeing that Gar is gonna 100% die tonight (if we get another maf)

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
tbh the kit lynch was… me hopping on the first possible vote that wasn’t bread or ash without properly thinking it out
which is something i do tbh
to a lesser degree now because i am now more experienced but still. my modus operandi was to jump on every lynchtrain w/o thinking before, i’m still prone to doing that
like not the exact situation, but yknow what i mean. things people are more likely to do vs not given past behaviour/personality
and especially since it was suggested by ash, who i. had been trusting for a while so. yknow

btw on the “turnaround on ash” thing i. i nearly did that with overkill in buttonmaf, it would’ve been defensible if i did such a thing (and if i actually did sus ash i would’ve!! done that and thrown sus on her!!)
i
don’t actually know what that means but i sure do fuckin hope it helps my defense lol

…also huh. i did not remember actually going through the numbers in hacksmaf
like whatever the fuck else you think i’m lying about, genuinely believe me on this lmao my memory is so fucking shoddy
but yeah. fair enough, sorry about that
ah fuck that makes me more sus hfkdjvnf

i. cannot defend kururu’s actions
you went through hacksmaf— you saw i was doing the Big Strategy there, yeah, but it was specifically at night i wasn’t kidding when i said i don’t plan with mafia in terms of actions, i didnt plan with kururu and honestly their post schedule has been so fucking off that i dunno if it’s “kururu finally exists for 10 seconds just at that moment” or “kururu actually existed for a specific purpose in those ten seconds”

also uh
ash is. eevee. miller. not nurse ?
…which makes me think mrE is. more clear now because i don’t think the mafia woulda overlooked that tbh
which. which means that we’re lookign at kururu and krash then because i know im vil
i mean we can continue going over my posts but we’re going to need a lynch so
yeah .

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
also my read on kururu is literally “i can’t get a goddamn read, could be maf for all i know” i’ve not thrown sus on them at all and if it reads like i did i fucked up and that was not my intention lol
been trying to be like “yeah we gotta check them out eventually but theres so little info to check out unfortunately but also dont forget about them”
low priority but still a priority

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
Hey man, have more faith in yourself! Let me call you a master schemer instead of making your main defense that you don’t have the memory and forethought and general skillz (the z is very important) to pull stuff off!

and ye I know with kururu, it’s hard to pull something out of practically nothing there. Just feels a lil incongruent to me in there. Just like it’s easy to read into you either way with all your activity, it’s easy to read into kururu with such little activity and make prognostications.

My honest opinion is that kururu is our best shot at getting the mafia target. Though I need to take a deeper look into that.
So here’s kinda my calculus on this vote: I’m just about on a 50/50 between krash and kururu. This is off an assumption that there’s an experienced player left, and/or just not believing that these two are the ones left to pull the strings. Because of that, though, I would rather go with what I feel is a more sure thing in aeg than a coin flip. It’s like, 80/20 aeg/MrE, versus a 50/50 krash/kururu. It’s all built on a possibly faulty assumption of course but idk man, I really don’t think it was just Akane pulling strings and then leaving it to a bunch of newbies. Things don’t add up there for me.

I mean… look. I could be amenable to voting kururu here. It’s not a bad pick. I believe the quiet mafia argument. I still stand by aeg as my top choice for reasons I’ve noted above, plus like, Akane’s scumhunt pegging him as maf which feels like maf doing a bit. Like, I’m pretty sold on this even despite some good points from aeg. But regardless, we just need to unify, 4 against the 1 we’re voting. We can’t risk a no-lynch.

@MrETheComic let us know as soon as you reach a solid decision on your vote one way or another. Time is of the essence. Hop on my ship or stay on yours, either way.

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
well obviously i’d rather go with kururu

MrETheComic

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 8, 2021
I agree with aeg here. I say we should lynch kururu (unless they are nurse of course) since they would be the more obvious mafia in this case. Regardless of what happens, nurse is most likely gonna die tonight seeing as:
A: I am a village and most obviously not a nurse considering my bold moves
B: Gar is protected 24/7 at this point
C: a debate with me vs aeg is bound to happen tomorrow (unless aeg is the actual nurse and is about to die tonight).

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
yeah ok lemme
vote: kururu right now

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
@kururu you wanna uhhhhh defend yourself? Throw down a vote? Both, even? You’re one away from the chopping block my dude and I can be convinced to swing my axe either way.

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
just woke up i’ll do an analysis anyway
i’ll. yeah okay i guess mrE is?? probably village, given ash’s read + the fact nurse is a giant fucking wrench in mafia’s plans i’m p sure i don’t think they’d. mistake nurse for being dead
unless this is some fucking 5d play idk

again krash’s biggest defense imo is that his excuse for being dead doesn’t seem like one a mafia player would use. kururu is Just Dead
starts by sussing mrE right off the bat, which segues into sussing ash (and then gar, because gar was being quiet), hen me because i was defending ash
also he defends bread which is. interesting, actually, because krash was bread’s non-gar Clear Village Read where. they’ve not really mentioned each other too much otherwise? that feels. off to me

ok. kururu was bandwagoning in the first day and their biggest opinion was being against the kit lynch (but joining anyway after ash explained)
kururu just fucking keeps bandwagoning, first they bandwagoned on ash, then once explanations went down they immediately hopped onto the next
went from ash > (ash explains d2) > kit lynch > (d4 rolls ‘round) > mrE and bread
literally just been following the flow

gah both of them have been essentially dead in their own ways?? i’d
i don’t know if krash is more maf for being actually opinionated because that’d. drive discussion in Some Way, but that’s kinda a flip from yknow being dead, but at the same time having essentially no fuckin opinions of their own like kururu might help maf to fly under the radar
but also it’s down to the wire at this point i. i feel like. a more opinionated maf might be. more useful here? what i’m saying is if kururu is maf i don’t know how they intend to win
but my first impression of krash was still villager
but also i. i’m a lot less sure of that because krash and bread threw light clear on each other
and we still have another mafia to find which
oh im a fucking dumbass. yeah “both are mafia” is very possible

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
I was gonna say we shouldn’t wait on the defense btw bc kururu is from the Down Under and it’s currently like 3:30 AM there, but thanks aeg for beating me to it and posting content.

It’s possible both are maf, yeah. I still don’t think they get on like this, this late in the game, with these under the radar kills and this funky-ass no-activity strat, which is why I’ve sussed you as second maf along with one of them, but it’s a serious possibility. And like… good for them if so lmao, schooling me rn.

My tl;dr is that I feel like krash has more that can sus him but also more that can be vil read. Kururu’s sheer quietness and general bandwagoning scares me, and also it feels like an easier vote bc they fit a certain maf archetype that we recognize. Not that that’s invalid, either.

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
iiiiiiiii
would rather a lynch than not here, of course, but i feel like we might want to go for krash instead for the sheer fact i genuinely can’t see how kururu is planning to win this if they end up as the last mafia? while i can see krash doing that
but at the same time kururu is so fucking quiet that it’d also be absolutely in-character for village!kururu to suddenly do a 180 and defend themselves hard on the last day last lynch
fuck
ok i don’t know which one we should go for firs t.

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
but at the same time kururu is so fucking quiet that it’d also be absolutely in-character for village!kururu to suddenly do a 180 and defend themselves hard on the last day last lynch
Or for maf!kururu to do the same!!!!

I feel like I’m not sure how krash could do it either tho. At least maf!kururu has less to go on, which imo means they can play confused villager card and also just not have too awfully much to sus them on and create reasonable doubt. maf!krash has little to go on but what is there is really not great. So like… that’s a toss-up to me.

I’d rather go kururu first here, if we’re reducing it to kururu versus krash. I haven’t switched my vote yet bc yknow, I’m not reducing it to those two, but I’ll be around. I’m only surviving my workday bc of this lmao. As of right now I would rather go with kururu even if it’s just because there’s already votes on them and we cannot cannot cannot risk a no-lynch.

MrETheComic

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 8, 2021
I feel that it is both kururu and krash mostly right now mainly cause of the Akane slip up. Both of them are mostly quiet and take a while to speak so I think they were mostly unavailable when Akane proposed the idea. I’m pretty sure Aeg would have stopped Akane at all costs in order to avoid a mess up like that considering how close they were to winning.

Not to mention the fact that Aeg seems smart enough to not kill Corni who seemed like an associate to Ash who most of us probably agreed would be best target for tomorrow as an Ash and Corni team. I mean maybe Aeg would have used Corni to make it seem like Ash was trying to YEET the evidence, but even then it would be a bit of a stretch.

Of course I’m not saying Aeg is all clear of course. Mainly because they could have thought ahead for all this to mess with our heads. Plus the Akane thing could have probably been a pure mess up made by a bold move. Aeg would have probably voted them just to be sure they were on the safe side considering that no one really knew who Angel was.

Garish Garchomp

Administrator
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
he's ok i guess
I’m pretty sure Aeg would have stopped Akane at all costs in order to avoid a mess up like that considering how close they were to winning.
Yeah, they were so close to winning. As in, it wasn’t a messup on Akane’s part on paper because it literally would have instantly given them the win. And the person they were offering the win. Not “we probably win if this happens,” but literally just instant game over. Which any of us would want to do. And IMO if Angel is anyone else but the person who was literally just subbed in and had played for all of 3 seconds, angel takes the offer and wins. It was not a messup other than in hindsight, and there’s no way Akane just goes rogue and does it on his own without any consultation or with a mere yes from bread and nothing from half the team. I feel like making that assumption is a discredit to Akane.

MrETheComic

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 8, 2021
Yeah, they were so close to winning. As in, it wasn’t a messup on Akane’s part on paper because it literally would have instantly given them the win. And the person they were offering the win. Not “we probably win if this happens,” but literally just instant game over. Which any of us would want to do. And IMO if Angel is anyone else but the person who was literally just subbed in and had played for all of 3 seconds, angel takes the offer and wins. It was not a messup other than in hindsight, and there’s no way Akane just goes rogue and does it on his own without any consultation or with a mere yes from bread and nothing from half the team. I feel like making that assumption is a discredit to Akane.
hmm. He good point. 3P does have a history of working with maf. Not to mention that unless me or Gar were angel’s pick, Angel is gonna lose now

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
i am incapable of thinking ahead this far
i can deal with the numbers but thinking of all the possible branches from certain decisions is. depends on my mood
which isnt to say i can’t, because i definitely did during the ash nighttime DM
and i can say for certain i’m hot garbage at nks
if you’re thinking i’m maf because of a bigbrain 5d chess strat i can promise you i could not possibly do it hfkodjv

also even in this specific case of angel being a player who’d subbed in for three seconds i
akane explained very clearly why they’d win? so honestly the angel choice to not take the offer is
super weird no matter how you cut it tbh

also onnthe corni thing i was about to sus her the next day tbh
not as an accomplice to ash, who i’ve been pretty clear about “i trust ash this time” but just because of the fact i thought her inactivity was a scumtell
as you said, we were all about to sus her. if i were maf why wouldn’t i leave her alive and go for literally any other target so i could push a lynch onto her

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
also tbh @ gar’s prior “akane wouldn’t have just left it to a bunch of new players” uh
while bread is new he’d been dominating the convo for a while and clearly knows what’s going on, even if he’s less experienced
honestly i feel like he might’ve been the other quote-unquote experienced maf player because he’s. clearly able to help plan shit like this

also yeah it’s entirely possible for maf!kururu to do a 180 that was the implication there, i meant it as “it’d be in-character for a villager to do that and thus can be used as a defense for a mafia who does that”

Users who are viewing this thread