• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Johto Written Log Teen Commentary Mon Ballad of a Stupid Idiot Poopface - A Pokemon SoulSilver Wedlocke

Thread Description
A Wedlocke in Pokemon SoulSilver, played by a stupid idiot poopface. Teen for cursing.

BirdkeeperRue

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 3, 2020
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Normal
Pokédex Entry
The Stupid Idiot Poopface Pokemon. This Pokemon feels great kinship with flying rats. It believes that it is smart, which is probably false.
Hello and welcome, one and all, to my first nuzlocke that i'm documenting somewhere and also in all likelihood the first one I'll see through to the end- provided I don't lose or forget about it. But anyway, HeartGold and SoulSilver are great, they were my first Pokemon games, yadda yadda, so why not start with them? I'd do HeartGold if I didn't have a shiny Pidgeot, but at least I get to brag about it here ig.

So without further ado, here are the rules:
- Any Pokemon that faints is dead, and can no longer be used in battle. They must be permanently placed in a PC box.
- I may only catch the first Pokemon I encounter in any route or area- if I fail to catch it, too bad.
- Dupes Clause: I can run away from a Pokemon of a species that I have already caught, or one in its evolutionary line, instead of capturing it.​
- Shiny Clause: I can capture a shiny Pokemon if I happen to encounter one, regardless of capture rules, but I won't use it. I have a soul.​
- No genderless Pokemon. I will disregard encounters with Pokemon that do not have the gender I am looking for(i.e., ignoring male Pokemon when searching for a partner for a male).​
- Gift Pokemon and static encounters are fair game(Starter Pokemon, non-roaming Legendaries, etc.). If I can get more than one Gift Pokemon from a single source(from the same NPC, not from the same area), I can only get one, such as in the case of the Game Corner.​
- Roaming Legendaries count as my encounter for the first route they show up in, but are free any subsequent time that I encounter them.​
- I must nickname every Pokemon.
- As per Wedlocke rules, my Pokemon shall be in pairs of two- one male and one female. In battle, I may only switch between paired Pokemon.
- If I have an unpaired Pokemon in my party and no eligible partners in my PC, the next Pokemon I catch must be of the opposite gender, and is paired with the lone Pokemon. Once two Pokemon become paired, it lasts until one or both of them die.​
- If a Pokemon's partner dies in battle, they must switch in to avenge their fallen partner or die trying. A partnerless Pokemon must have a partner be caught or withdrawn from the PC as soon as possible.​
- Pokemon cannot be deposited into the PC unless they are dead. Exceptions may be made for circumstances such as HM slaves(only if necessary) or hatching eggs, but a deposited Pokemon must be returned to the party as soon as possible.
With that out of the way, let's get started.

After a wonderfully nostalgic title screen, I begin my journey and say hi to Oak as I spam B through his spiel about things I already know, confirming my identity to this blind man as a female specimen by the name of Rue, because that's my username and I would've done Kangaroo if the letter limit were higher than 7.

But anyway, I am transported into the world of fun and difficult experiences(Oak's words not mine), and after some shiny gifts from Mom I go outside for the first time in 7 years for a 15-second conversation with Ethan's Marill before heading into the lab to pick my starter.

Partially because I apparently want to make my life as hard as possible and partially because I like Chikorita, I decide on Chikorita. A male, so I name them Sprogg for no reason in particular. Bashful nature, which is neutral. Not awful.

I get some potions from the lab aide and walk out with my new best friend, then have a conversation that I forget about as soon as it's over, I think with Ethan? But that doesn't matter because my mom gives me a phone, which I immediately use to get the number of the slightly younger than average "Old Man Pokemon" of Johto.

Afterwards I journey through the tall grass- until I get Poke Balls, Nuzlocke rules do not apply, so I breeze through the route, leveling off some Hoothoots in an otherwise unremarkable trip with Sprogg learning Razor Leaf.

I reach Cherrygrove City to partake in the obligatory "How To Town" tutorial, but the minute of my life that I will never get back is somewhat compensated by my obtaining the Running Shoes. After receiving the Map Card and leaving town, I am stopped by a creepy man who is far too into apricorns, thankfully walking away unmugged and with a basket. Funny how you are frequently given gifts by old men near the beginning of the game..

But there's no time to think about that, as I get a mystery egg, a Pokedex and the number of yet another old man, but then Professor Elm's lab has been robbed! Oh noes! I wonder if the culprit is that inherently soulless ginger I saw mashing their face against the wall earlier.

Speaking of him, he comes waltzing through and challenges me to shitwad-on-shitwad combat, in which I promptly wreck his delicate behind like he is a lump of arugula, getting 69 XP(nice) for my troubles.

Turns out he is the culprit, despite the woefully stupid police force not realizing it until a child points out the obvious. Then I get to decide his legal name.. oh, Pokemon, you give me far too much power..

So it turns out BUTTSKE is the culprit and that he has stolen a Pokemon from Professor Elm's lab, but at least he has the mystery egg. Normally in my playthroughs of this game I'm too lazy to talk to my mom before going on a country-wide journey, but why not, it literally takes 20 seconds. Doesn't mean I'll let her steal my money though. With that I watch YouTube during Ethan's catching tutorial- then he gives me my first Poke Balls, and we're properly off to the races!

My first encounter is a female Hoothoot, and after a few Tackles she is caught in a single ball. I call her Lamenta- she is now officially Sprogg's partner, and my encounter for Route 29. Naughty, so +Atk and -Sp. Def, with Insomnia as an ability. Not great but workable. After a few minutes of training I get her to level 5, and learn Hypnosis, before moving on to catch more Pokemon.

Next stop is Route 46, where I encounter a Rattata. Nothing too exciting, so I put her to sleep and catch her without any issues, dubbing her Nott. Nott is Mild nature(+Sp. Atk and -Defense), which isn't great, but Guts is alright.

On Route 30 I find.. well, for some reason all I find are Hoothoot and Rattata because I'm playing at night so thanks to Dupes Clause I just resume in the morning to actually find Nott's partner. I end up finding a Weedle, who I put to sleep and- take out with a critical hit after I fail to catch it twice.. damn.

Well that was disappointing, but in any case I move forward, taking on some trainers(including good 'ol Youngster Joey) with Lamenta and Sprogg- Nott is only level 2 so I'll just train her up later.

Moving onto Route 31, I come across a male Ledyba.. oh joy. I do like Ledyba, but it's just really weak. Not that I'll pass it up- I put it to sleep and make the catch, naming him Cola. Their nature is Hasty(+Speed, -Defense), which I'm alright with, and Swarm could prove handy- then again, I don't think Ledyba's movepool actually has any good Bug-type moves other than, like, Silver Wind.

I checked. Ledyba learns a grand total of three Bug-type moves through level-up and TM. Cola and Nott, what a team! At least he's level 4.

Moving onto Dark Cave- I find a Geodude, could be useful for the gym. As normal, I put them to sleep and make the catch, naming him Snicket--. Why the two dashes? Absolutely no reason.

In any case, Snicket-- has a nature of Lonely(+Attack, -Defense), which I'm just fine with, and I'm a fan of Sturdy.

At this point, I skip past a bug catcher and hightail it to Violet City, somehow beating Ethan there despite being extremely slow, at that point my time was already 1:40 or so. But in any case, I just heal and go back to that Bug Catcher to take the opportunity to train up Nott and Cola. Which goes fine, they don't die and Nott is at a higher level so that's good.

I move onto Route 32 to find a partner for Snicket--, and come across a Bellsprout. As per usual, I use Lamenta to catch it- though Lamenta hasn't been in any major battles yet, she's already proved herself by catching half the team in my eyes.

In any case, I name the Bellsprout Leefa. She has a Quirky nature(Neutral) and Chlorophyll, which is all fine and well. Should pair decently with a Rock-type.

Speaking of Snicket--, at this point I take the time to level him up a bit in Dark Cave, mostly through switch-training because fighting Zubat is just painful and Leefa is a blessing against Geodudes. And at that point I figured that I might as well just train up the entire team to an acceptable level, so that's just what I did. After a quick stint of grinding(and by quick I mean an hour), everyone was up to level 8. A bit much for pre-Sprout Tower, but whatever.

A quick note: I'm not enforcing a strict level limit, but I will in general try to keep from overleveling. Having a full team at a good level is hard anyway, especially in the early game. Same deal with using items in battle: Nothing's being enforced, but I'll try to minimize it in major battles.

Sprout Tower is an opportunity for a bit of additional grinding, as well as for another catch, but you can only find Gastly at night and I already have a Rattata, so I'll pick up a spooky ghost at another point in time.

Climbing the tower is easy enough- two thirds of my Pokemon resist grass moves from Bellsprout, and the ones that don't are suitable for dealing with the occasional Hoothoot. My team gets some useful moves, like PoisonPowder for Sprogg and Comet Punch for Cola. After clearing out the Sages(and a quick trip to the PMC because Leefa ran out of PP), I see BUTTSKE being a typical "Nice-people-are-weak" rival and he BUTTSKEs out of there, leaving me to take on Elder Li. Technically my first major battle, and the most exciting one so far, so I'll give a more comprehensive play-by-play.

I lead with Sprogg, who tackles down the first Bellsprout with relative ease as they are barely hurt by Vine Whip. Next up is the Elder's Hoothoot, who I send in Lamenta to face, both because of Insomnia and because she isn't weak to Flying. The Hoothoot's Peck easily outpaces her in damage, dealing a quarter of her health, but it uses a Hypnosis, giving Lamenta enough room to send them both into yellow health. I decide to switch to Sprogg, as one critical hit could kill Lamenta and Sprogg has twice her defense. Should be fine, right?

Razor Leaf does a decent amount, and a second would likely score the kill, but if I get unlucky and miss a Peck might just polish me off. But of course, Razor Leaf crits at the exact moment where I didn't need it, winning the day- actually no, I forgot they had a second Bellsprout. But Lamenta takes care of that, winning the day! Also she learns Peck, which I like.

I get the TM for Flash and BUTTSKE outta there, which is officially my new term for using an Escape Rope, you're welcome. Well, not before putting Leefa up front to check out her reaction to the Sprout Tower because Bulbapedia's Trivia section is a hell of a drug.

But anyway, my entire team is now at, like, level 9. Obviously challenging Falkner now is a great idea! Too bad this isn't gen 2, else I would actually be on par with Falkner's levels. Gross.

I decide not to do any more training, and hop into the gym to face the gym trainers with Leefa and Snicket--. And by that, I mean immediately switching Leefa out. My plan is to get Snicket-- to level 11, at which point he'll learn Rock Throw. And hopefully get Leefa up a little bit as well. I don't quite get there from the trainers, but murdering a few Pokemon on Route 32 does the job just fine. Leefa and Snicket-- are both level 11, having learned Wrap and Rock Throw respectively. They're my couple of choice to face up to Falkner.

So that's just what I do. Falkner gives his spiel on 'Electric bad Bird good', and the battle begins.

Leefa leads against Falkner's Pidgey. The decision to use a Grass-type in the Flying gym is admittedly questionable, but all three of my pairs have a Pokemon that's vulnerable to Flying, and Snicket-- is my best bet overall. This is to keep him fresh. Despite Sand-Attacks, I hit with Wrap, which supplements the damage of Vine Whip. Avoiding Sand-Attack was the primary reason I didn't lead with Snicket--, by the way.

Leefa starts missing and is worn down by Tackles- and as Pidgey is in red health and Leefa below half, Falkner withdraws to bring out his ace Pidgeotto.

I switch as well, with Gust dealing about a fifth of Snicket--'s health- more than I hoped, but manageable. Another Gust, but Rock Throw does more than half. Pidgeotto Roosts as I hit it again, this time for neutral damage(Roost removes the Flying type from Pidgeotto for the turn). It throws one more Gust, but Snicket-- finishes the bird off. I keep him in to polish off Pidgey- and though he misses once thanks to Sand Attack, he was never in real danger from it. A second Rock Throw lands true and it's done- I'm just glad that no one was lost.

The Zephyr Badge, along with the Roost TM, is mine.

Afterwards, I'm called by Professor Elm and asked to carry an egg- but that won't be the only one I'll be getting.

In the Violet City Pokemon Center, there is an NPC named Primo. You can tell him what you think of him(fill in some prompts with predetermined words), and if you say certain things, he will give you gifts. The specific input for each gift depends on your ID, but there are websites that make finding these prompts an easy task. Of Primo's gifts, there are three that especially interest me: Pokemon eggs. These eggs contain three different Pokemon: Mareep, Slugma, and Wooper. As per the rules of this challenge, though, I can only receive one Gift Pokemon per source- as all three of these are from the same source, Primo, I must choose one.

So after some consideration, I decided to go with Slugma. Although its evolution Magcargo will have two notable 4x weaknesses in Ground and Water, a good Fire-type might be harder to come by than an Electric- or Water-type. Plus, I think I just like it more.

After punching in several random phrases to get PC box backgrounds and, much more importantly, a Slugma egg, I went to the Poke Mart to pick up the egg from Elm, running into a Kimono Girl before proceeding to just run around to hatch these eggs. I temporarily deposited Nott and Cola, but I'll take them out again as soon as the eggs hatch. While hatching the eggs, I stopped by Route 36 to pick up HM06 Rock Smash.

But much more importantly, I got a call from Youngster Joey about his top-percentage Rattata! How exciting!

Oh yeah, and the eggs started to hatch and stuff.

The first was a male Togepi that I named Neil Breen. Quirky nature(Neutral), with Hustle as its ability. Better than Neil Breen's movies, but that's not a super high bar.

After like another 10 minutes of running around Violet, Slugma hatches. Another male, who I call Flamehorse as an incredibly obscure reference to a YouTuber's bad horse OC. Theire nature is Bold(+Defense, -Attack), which I'm okay with, and they have Magma Armor, so they can't be frozen. Not awful.

I deposit Neil Breen and Flamehorse to get back Nott and Cola. After some consideration, I then decide to teach Nott Rock Smash, and use her new move to smash a boulder, getting a Red Shard that I trade for some berries.

I decided to leave it off there. Next time, I'll be heading through Union Cave over to Azalea Town.

Sprogg(Chikorita, Male, Lv. 10)|Bashful|Overgrow|Tackle/Growl/Razor Leaf/PoisonPowder
Lamenta(Hoothoot, Female, Lv. 9)|Naughty|Insomnia|Tackle/Peck/Foresight/Hypnosis

Nott(Rattata, Female, Lv. 9)|Mild|Guts|Rock Smash/Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Focus Energy
Cola(Ledyba, Male, Lv. 9)|Hasty|Swarm|Comet Punch/Supersonic/Tackle

Snicket--(Geodude, Male, Lv. 12)|Lonely|Sturdy|Tackle/Defense Curl/Rock Throw/Rock Polish
Leefa(Bellsprout, Female, Lv. 11)|Quirky|Chlorophyll|Vine Whip/Growth/Wrap

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 8
New Pokemon: 8
- Sprogg, New Bark Town(gift- Elm)​
- Lamenta, Route 29​
- Nott, Route 46​
- Cola, Route 31​
- Snicket--, Dark Cave​
- Leefa, Route 32​
- Neil Breen, Violet City(gift- Elm's Aide)​
- Flamehorse, Violet City(gift- Primo)​
New Deaths: 0
Total Deaths: 0
Time: 5:38

I'll leave it off here- I'm writing this as I play, so I'll post another update soon- probably a shorter one. This one took me hours as is. If you've read this, then thanks for reading, and I'll see you soon with the second part of the Ballad of a Stupid Idiot Poopface!

Last edited:

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
wedlocke more like deadlocke haHA i'm so funny
this is pretty good for a first documented run, but lemme recommend you have someone gloss through your records before you post them. it's really helpful to get a second opinion when it comes to written work (and most work for that matter)
good luck on your run!

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
nothing like watching a jackass rival BUTTSKEdaddle off the screen eh

who knew the greatest challenge in hgss was just keeping full teams competitively levelled

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I just have to say your nicknaming skills are immaculate. I particularly love Neil Breen and Flamehorse, although if Nott is a reference to the thing I think it’s a reference to, then it’s a 3-way tie.

who knew the greatest challenge in hgss was just keeping full teams competitively levelled
I felt that one in my soul

BirdkeeperRue

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 3, 2020
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Normal
Pokédex Entry
The Stupid Idiot Poopface Pokemon. This Pokemon feels great kinship with flying rats. It believes that it is smart, which is probably false.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Part Two
Hello, one and all, and welcome back to part two of the Ballad of a Stupid Idiot Poopface! It hasn't been long since the first part of this questionable saga was published for the world to see, but in case you're too lazy to scroll up a small amount, like me, the index is at the bottom of this post.

But anyway, let's get back into it!

When last we left our heroes- and by "our heroes" I mean me- I had just defeated Falkner, so I head down to Route 32 to start my trek to Azalea. A helpful old man gives me a Miracle Seed(again with getting showered with presents by old men, game?), so I give it to Sprogg and continue onward.

The trek is pretty uneventful in the beginning, with Cola up front to get him some of those delicious EXPs. But it doesn't help that he apparently doesn't know how to fight wild Pokemon- a highlight of the trip is a battle with a wild Mareep where he misses five Supersonics in a row, misses a Comet Punch, then gets paralyzed by Static on the final hit to add insult to injury. What a performance.

Anyways, the trip through the route goes fine, no super close calls. I decide to go through the docks and battle the fishermen to get a bit stronger. It goes well enough- Turns out Cola's luck turns right around when it comes to trainer battles, and the rest of my team gets the opportunity to catch up a bit with Leefa and Snicket--.

I move on from there to enjoy the convenient Pokecenter, beat one last Trainer and find a Shell Bell that I give to Cola before heading into Union Cave.

As Union Cave is a new area, I run around for a bit getting only Rattatas and Geodudes before deciding to use the Old Rod I picked up from a fisherman in the Pokemon Center. I fish up a female Goldeen, which I'm happy with because it isn't a Magikarp, despite it being a tough fish to wrangle.

Well, I'm happy with it until IT MURDERS LAMENTA IN COLD BLOOD WITH TWO CRITICAL PECKS IN A ROW. Thanks game.

At that point I just poison it with Sprogg and manage to catch it. Good thing it's the only female Pokemon I have available to replace Lamenta.. yay..

I name her Bristle for no particular reason, but I guess being a prick counts as a reason. More of a reason than I had for Snicket--.

Welp, I go back to the PMC and make the death box. At least I have pretty wallpapers as some form of consolation for the deaths. Or something.

Damn.. Lamenta died a lot sooner than I wanted her to. I really like Noctowl, and it's a shame she died before living up to her full potential. Kinda sad...

Anyways, Bristle's nature is Timid(+Speed, -Attack), but considering what she did to Lamenta I think her attack power will be just fine. Water Veil is a convenient ability, preventing burns, and is probably better to have than the alternative, Swift Swim. Another thing I'm happy about is that I caught her at level 10, so no need to grind her up to match Lamenta.

With a somewhat heavy heart, Bristle takes Lamenta's place on the team as Sprogg's partner.

After admiring Goldeen's cool back sprite, I make my way through Union Cave, utilizing the opportunity to continue playing catch-up to Snicket-- and Leefa while also training up Bristle a bit. The battles take awhile, and I'm relieved but also a little sad that the Shell Bell does not trigger for each individual hit of Comet Punch. Mostly relieved though.

But anyways, I make my way through the cave, and along the way my team gets some neat moves and I realize that Water Sport might actually have a remote possibility of being useful if Bristle and Sprogg are ever thrown into a double battle with a Fire-type. Not that I choose it over Horn Attack. Also, Sprogg learns Synthesis, which could be a lifesaver seeing as I don't use items in battle. (I'm not technically enforcing that but eh, feels cheap to me.)

I leave the cave and enter Route 33, jumping directly into the tall grass to get a new encounter. I find a male Hoppip, and note my lack of female reserves as I go about catching it. The Hoppip is caught, and I name him Wix. Not to be confused with Wix.com, who I am not being sponsored by, but whether Wix is good at building websites is still up for debate.

Note to self: Rename Wix to Wix.com at the Name Rater, because Wix.com is a funnier name.

So after that, I casually watch an emo Team Rocket cosplayer harass an old guy before walking into Azalea Town to heal and check out Wix. He is Rash nature(+Sp. Atk, -Sp. Def), which gets a rating of whatever/10, and Leaf Guard might come in handy one day if Wix is ever paired with a Sunny Day user.

Well, this could've gone worse. Next time I'll delve into Slowpoke Well, where it probably will get worse on account of the emos.

Sprogg(Chikorita, Male, Lv. 12)|Bashful|Overgrow|Tackle/Synthesis/Razor Leaf/PoisonPowder
Bristle(Goldeen, Female, Lv. 11)|Timid|Water Veil|Peck/Tail Whip/Horn Attack/Supersonic

Nott(Rattata, Female, Lv. 12)|Mild|Guts|Rock Smash/Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Bite
Cola(Ledyba, Male, Lv. 12)|Hasty|Swarm|Comet Punch/Supersonic/Tackle

Snicket--(Geodude, Male, Lv. 12)|Lonely|Sturdy|Tackle/Defense Curl/Rock Throw/Rock Polish
Leefa(Bellsprout, Female, Lv. 11)|Quirky|Chlorophyll|Vine Whip/Growth/Wrap

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 10
New Pokemon: 2
- Bristle, Union Cave​
- Wix, Route 33​
New Deaths: 1
- Lamenta, killed by a wild Goldeen in Union Cave.​
Total Deaths: 1
Time: 7:37

Unrelated side-note: Nott's name is not, in fact, a reference to Critical Role, but I guess it kind of is if I know about Nott from Critical Role and happened to give that name to a Rattata? Wasn't strictly intentional like Neil Breen and Flamehorse were, though. Just addressing that here for pinkshellos.

But anyway, that's all for this time- sorry that it's a bit short, but I didn't want to spend too too much time on this one. Next time I'll probably go up to the second gym. Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it, and tune in next time for the next episode of the Ballad of a Stupid Idiot Poopface!

Last edited:

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
Nooooo! Not Lamenta! I, too, love Noctowl and I'm so sad to see her go so soon.

Can't wait for more :D

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
"critical pecks" is how you describe dragon ball z chests

please laugh

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Nooooo not the good birb! Noctowl is such a good mon it hurts to see Lamenta go so early on 😭 I wish you luck in the next leg of your journey! Hopefully the emos Team Rocket doesn't give you too much trouble!

BirdkeeperRue

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 3, 2020
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Normal
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Part Three

Hello one and all and welcome back to Part Three of the Ballad of a Stupid Idiot Poopface, the saga of an idiot playing through a SoulSilver Wedlocke. By this point, you know the drill, index at the bottom. Let's get into it.

Starting off, I go to old man Kurt's house and have a lovely chat about his Balls before he tells me about the emos and jumps down a well, leaving his child to T-pose alone. I decide to buy a few Antidotes before following. Turns out he broke his back, so I go deeper in to beat up Team Rocket or something- but much more importantly, this is a new area, meaning I can find a new Pokemon!

After a bit of running around I come across a female Zubat, which I'm happy with. Bristle confuses it, and I throw a few balls before making the catch. I name her Peltpelt, a generic name for a generic bat that doesn't have anything remotely close to a pelt.

I leave Kurt in the well while I perform the very important task of checking my new Pokemon's stats. Peltpelt is Lax(+Defense, -Sp. Def), which is fine, and Inner Focus could be helpful. Then I casually climb back down the well to flex the fact my spine hasn't shattered into a million pieces.

I then get into some fights with emos, but apparently emos are weaklings so my Pokemon beat them up with ease. Especially Bristle. Bristle wants blood for the blood god. The rest of the team is caught up with Leefa and Snicket-- by this point by the way, so I start using them again.

Afterwards I face the Level 10 Mafia Boss, Proton, leader of the emos. His Zubat is 3HKOed by Cola with "meh" Comet Punch luck, but Koffing takes a combined effort from him and Nott, including some confusion shenanigans, and has to be slowly whittled down with Comet Punch and Bite- though I win with no casualties, Cola is critted by a Tackle, and Nott poisoned by Smog. One more hit on either Nott or Cola would have been fatal.

Kurt thanks me and offers to make me some balls(ha), and after consulting Bulbapedia I settle on making some Friend Balls from Green Apricorns. They don't give an increased catch rate but they immediately raise the friendship of caught Pokemon, which I think is nice. Then I get a call from Youngster Joey! Of course I remember your super-cool Rattata, Youngster Joey!

After stocking up on some healing items(and taking a quick break to watch the newest episode of Twilight Wings.. which turned into me not continuing until the next morning. FML), I decided to go into Bugsy's gym to at least take care of the gym trainers, even though at this point my team is, like, level 12. Just to get a taste of what's to come, and how much grinding I need to do. The puzzle is kinda neat, and I go out of my way to battle the first optional trainer. Caterpies and Weedles aren't much of a threat, but considering how they're at my level the evolved Pokemon could be trouble.

So naturally, my next course of action is to fight a trainer with a Beedrill. Nott makes quick work of the mooks, but a Beedrill at a level equal to mine is pretty scary so I send out Cola to resist its Bug-type attacks and confuse it. But I miss Supersonic(somehow faster though) and it deals like 2/3 of my health in damage with a 5-hit Fury Attack. At this point I'm genuinely concerned for Cola's life so I switch to Nott, who gets nailed with a 4-hit Fury Attack for half of her health. At least it doesn't have Skill Link or some BS like that?

I'll be the first to admit I was an idiot for taking this guy on, and now Nott or Cola is probably going to die for my stupid poopface idiocy. Maybe both.

I go for a Bite, but don't get a Flinch. Nott survives a 3-hit Fury Attack on 6 health. At this point I don't care about being cheap, I just want my rat to live dammit, so I use a Super Potion. The next Fury Attack is a 3-hit, so I go for another Bite, which gets the flinch! One more and the deed is done, with crisis narrowly averted.

Honestly this felt like the most harrowing battle to me so far- even though it didn't result in any actual death I cut it close, and there was a point where bad luck could have killed Nott, or if I decided to only use a Potion and the Bite didn't flinch.. overall I don't think it was supposed to work out and I absolutely should have paid for my idiocy in blood. But anyway, now I know I have to grind to stand a chance. Scyther is a whole different beast from that Beedrill, and far more dangerous too.

So that's what I do. I grind. Route 33 has decently-leveled Pokemon, so that's where I do it. I decide that 16 is a good level to aim for, though I'll probably have to use Leefa and Snicket-- for the gym battle yet again since Snicket-- is the only member of my team other than Cola that resists Bug(PS: He doesn't), and unlike Cola his defense is better than a Rattata's and he has Rock Throw.

Also while grinding I came across the Hoenn Pokerap and I hate it.

It.. takes awhile. As in, more than an hour just for Bristle and Sprogg. Granted, I'm slow due to not paying full attention to the game, and I didn't turn off battle animations for the first half like the stupid idiot poopface I am. But yeah.

I took breaks though, and overall the grind really wasn't that bad, not even for Leefa who had to fight Hoppip, Spearow and Ekans with Vine Whip and Wrap.

In other news, Sprogg evolves into a Bayleef at 16th level, so that's nice. He isn't especially powerful even now that he's evolved, but he's decently well-rounded with no particular weak points stat-wise. Also notably, Nott learned Hyper Fang in place of Tail Whip, Cola forgot Tackle to learn Light Screen and Reflect, Leefa learned Sleep Powder, and Snicket-- learned Magnitude in place of Tackle.

I took a few minutes to mop up the final gym trainers before doing battle with Bugsy. Beforehand I decided to use Leefa and Snicket-- again. As much as I hate to use the same pair twice in a row, they're my best bet.

I led off with Leefa against Bugsy's... Scyther. I misremembered this fight I guess- thought he led with Metapod..

Well, I don't trust Leefa to stand up to a neutral U-Turn, so I switched to Snicket--, only to discover that Rock doesn't resist Bug. U-Turn did less than half, but.. yeah. That was an unpleasant surprise.

Scyther switched into Metapod which can't really do much to hurt me, so I decided to Defense Curl three times for safety. Then I got the bright idea to use Rock Polish too. Being faster than Scyther would be great. Kinda sucks I'll be using Snicket-- for the entire fight though, so Leefa will miss out on XP.

Oh well though, I throw out a Rock Polish before using Rock Throw and Magnitude, before Bugsy healing and requiring me to use one more Rock Throw. Snicket-- is a little low, but so far so good.

Scyther is sent out once again, though I'm unfortunately not faster than it after just one Rock Polish. Rock Throw nearly kills Kakuna as it switches in, and I use a Super Potion for safety before murdering Kakuna into a fine paste with Magnitude.

Scyther comes out once again, and it uses Focus Energy. That would suck if I didn't OHKO with Rock Throw. Sucks to suck I guess.

Welp, Snicket-- is now two levels ahead of the rest of my party and I have emerged victorious. I politely decline the prompt to learn Selfdestruct and claim the Hive Badge, along with the TM for U-Turn!

In hindsight this fight probably would have been much more exciting if I didn't do so much setting up, but oh well. Also in hindsight, I probably didn't need that Super Potion. I get it, I'm a cheap pansy weasel-man. But I didn't want Snicket-- to get punked by a high-roll U-Turn and die. He had 10 HP before the potion, and with his current defense I had seen U-Turn do 9.

Now there's one last thing for me to take care of in this update- BUTTSKE.

I go to Kurt's house and collect my balls.

But then I- well, then I give Kurt some white apricorns to turn into Fast Balls.

But then I- well, then I turn the game off to fold towels.

But then I challenge the BUTTSKE.

Not before turning the game back on though. Challenging the BUTTSKE without turning the game back on first would just be silly.

I walk towards the Ilex Forest entrance and he reverse-BUTTSKEs onto the screen, asking me about emos. Something tells me he's very interested in claiming his rightful place as emo king, because, I mean, just look at him. But that subplot isn't important, because he challenges me to a battle!

He leads with a Gastly as I begin with Nott, though one Bite takes the ghost down before it can act. Next from him is Quilava, which Nott stays in for.. I then realize it's two levels higher than me. Christ.

It Leers me as I hit for about a third of his health with Hyper Fang. I don't know how high Quivala's Attack is, but with that Leer and the fact it's faster than me so I can't flinch it, I'm pretty worried.. but it's not like I can just switch into Cola. Don't have any X Items or anything along those lines either so all I can really do is attack again.

Another Leer, and my Hyper Fang misses. Craaap. I may or may not have taken a peek at a damage calculator to discover that NOTT IS GOING TO FUCKING DIE IF THIS THING HITS HER WITH FLAME WHEEL. Cola would probably ALSO die. As a stupid idiot poopface(me) would say in this situation, "Mm. Garbage."

But I have to bite the bullet and make my choice.

I switch in Cola, in the hopes to maybe live long enough to set up a Reflect or pull off some other kind of miracle. Even a Quick Attack deals more than a quarter of Cola's health. God, he is so dead..

I go for Reflect..

And Quilava uses Leer. I get it off. Relieved, I switch back to Nott as it Leers again, though it seems to be reluctant to attack if its target's Defense isn't at least -2. Sure enough, it Leers again as I get a critical Hyper Fang, taking it out. Even though neither of my Pokemon really took all that much damage, that was a major scare, but I probably shouldn't have been as scared. This thing might just know Ember instead of Flame Wheel, and the AI is just completely stupid.

All that's left is a Zubat, which I send out Cola to deal with. Though he gets confused and can't get a Reflect back up before dropping into "one more hit and I'm dead" territory, he takes out half its health with two Comet Punches, clearing the way for Nott to switch in and finish it with one last Hyper Fang.

And just like that, BUTTSKE, tail between his legs(wait, is he a furry?), gives another edgy speech about weaklings and hatred and BUTTSKEs outta there.

I think that's where I'll leave it off this time. Getting past the second gym and a rival battle is a good benchmark for me. Nott and Cola are pulling their weight far more effectively than expected! Though they've nearly died at least twice in this part alone. Three times if you count Quilava.

Sprogg(Bayleef, Male, Lv. 16)|Bashful|Overgrow|Tackle/Synthesis/Razor Leaf/PoisonPowder
Bristle(Goldeen, Female, Lv. 16)|Timid|Water Veil|Peck/Tail Whip/Horn Attack/Supersonic

Nott(Rattata, Female, Lv. 16)|Mild|Guts|Rock Smash/Hyper Fang/Quick Attack/Bite
Cola(Ledyba, Male, Lv. 16)|Hasty|Swarm|Comet Punch/Supersonic/Reflect/Light Screen

Snicket--(Geodude, Male, Lv. 18)|Lonely|Sturdy|Magnitude/Defense Curl/Rock Throw/Rock Polish
Leefa(Bellsprout, Female, Lv. 16)|Quirky|Chlorophyll|Vine Whip/Growth/Wrap/Sleep Powder

Badges: 2
Pokedex: 12
New Pokemon: 1
- Peltpelt, Slowpoke Well​
New Deaths: 0
Total Deaths: 1
Time: 12:47

That's all for this time, and thanks for reading! Sorry this one took a little while, when I actually started playing again after a few days it took me awhile to get this part ready to post. According to in-game time this was about a half hour shorter than the first part, but since I was actually paying attention for most of this and was more efficient(and also there weren't parts where the game was on but I didn't play) I'd say this definitely took as long, if not longer, than the first part.

Non-rambling version, it took awhile, but at least this part was nice and long for you guys.
But in any case, I'll see you in the next episode of the Ballad of a Stupid Idiot Poopface!

Part One
Part Two
Part Three

Last edited:

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Oh that tension in the rival fight 😬 Glad it worked out but reading it was nerve-wracking. Glad the AI didn't want to make a move unless you had -2 defense. Good luck going forward!

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
hoenn pokerap be like (clown instruments)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)