• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Sinnoh Teen Commentary Back to Basics - A Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke [COMPLETE]

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A reclusive creature. Can rarely be seen scavenging for food late at night.
RnBhhrx.png

Hello everyone!
I might be new to the forums but I'm certainly not new to either Pokemon or nuzlockes! The truth is; I love the concept of nuzlockes, but I have trouble staying faithful to them. I always give up half way through, or become upset when something goes wrong and just turn my nuzlocke back into a regular run. But that changes today as I've decided to post my latest run online, so that you kind internet people will keep me accountable! I'll be playing through Platinum version since gen 4 was the generation I spent the most time playing in my younger years and it's been a long time since I've given it a run through.
I'm keeping the rules simple this time around.
1. If a Pokemon faints, it dies. No exceptions.
. If I white out I am allowed to continue the run if I still have at least one Pokemon in the PC.
2. Only catch the first Pokemon I see in each area.
. Dupes clause is active; if I encounter a Pokemon I've already caught then I am not allowed to catch it and I lose my catch for the area.
. I am allowed to accept and use gift Pokemon even if they aren't my first encounter.
. Shiny clause is active.
3. Nickname every Pokemon. They're your friends :3:
4. I can't use legendaries.
5. Use Set battle style.

Alright, let's get this started!

n2ehwy5.png

Oh man.
Seeing this screen sure is bringing back some memories...

sjM16z6.png

Hey there professor, long time no see! Looks like you haven't aged a day!

OK5bqL3.png

No thanks. This ain't my first rodeo good sir.

TxwlUOC.png

Quick note. This might not mean anything to anyone else, but when I booted up Diamond for the first time back in the day I thought this was the coolest way to introduce players to Pokemon. Having to press the button like you were opening up an actual Pokeball just blew my little eleven year old mind. Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you all.

xFwQ1Kv.png

I am a lady, thank you very much.

xZXt5Dy.png

I'm just gonna go with Pika. Short and sweet.

UhLH2Rb.png

Nothing wrong with a classic, the rival's name shall be Barry.
Also, just to warn you guys, I suck at naming stuff.

bXmXtyb.png

Alright folks, let's do this!

Hjww7hz.png

Finally, here we are in game.
I'm gonna be honest and say that I never really loved gen 4's graphical style. There's nothing overly wrong with it, it always just seemed a little... wide to me. I still think it works well enough though.

Z3m4skG.png

As stated in the rules I'll be using the Set battle style, and here are the rest of my options for those that are curious.

famIeo7.png

And right as we try to leave we get our formal introduction to Barry!
He's no Silver or Blue, but he's never annoyed me as much as Brendan did and he's a pretty entertaining character sometimes, so he's a pretty cool rival overall.

gXymaAa.png

Barry there is absolutely no real reason you should believe that this famous professor is going to give two random schmucks a Pokemon.

L25zhGx.png

Barry my man, you need to focus.

SB1eN8o.png

There we go, back on track. Good Barry!

rmV4max.png

Aaaannndd here's where my never-ending debt to Barry begins.
This man has the attention span of a Pachirisu on coffee, so no matter how fast you are you'll always be late in his eyes.

1fsYlXu.png

Going downstairs we run into our mom, who helpfully informs us that Barry is already long gone. Which is going to be the norm.

yDRx5lM.png

And there's the line that you hear at least once in every single Pokemon game known to man.
Don't worry mom, I'm not gonna get mauled by a Bidoof today.

Q9eVbnI.png

Sure do wish my real-life mom cared about me as much as my in-game mom does...

dP2asTK.png

Oh well! No time for mommy issues, it's Pokemon time!
Here we finally get to see the starting town, and I've gotta say I've always had a soft spot for Twinleaf Town. Maybe it's the winter aesthetic?

g5mCvQ4.png

Always nice to see good ol' technology man.

aTXOcsW.png

I wander a little too far north in my search for our favorite caffeine addict and this kind fellow informs us that he decided to go home, so I guess it's time to hunt the boy down.

n47ROqf.png

And here's the beginning of yet another running theme.
Are we going to meet like this every single time Barry?

qvtQppq.png

You completely forgot about me didn't you?

OIxz82n.png

After following him inside to make sure he didn't get distracted again I am once again reminded that my debt towards Barry will never be repaid, and as such I will be forced to deal with him until the day I die.

4CXc9At.png

See what I mean?

zEKvSXn.png

Hey if you wanna get mauled by a rabid Bidoof don't let me stop you!
Live your dreams my man.

6xZkHcj.png

5zhjjAa.png

That sounds like a very good way to get your arms ripped off.
Best of luck to you!

1eXIyxh.png

Before our good friend Barry can get himself shredded by some Starlys and finally relieve me of my unending debt, good ol' Prof. Rowen appears and puts a stop to his suicidal plan.
Shame.

83AVbJV.png

8XfhzYO.png

Dude he is standing right there! Maybe try for a little subtlety?

vCuStWd.png

I mean, Barry was. I was just gonna watch from the sidelines...

kVZErdg.png

Sir, they have essentially been my obsession since I was like four.

a2IfMvW.png

N0YwlL7.png

YsB62No.png

Hey I wasn't the one just about to get jumped by a gang of Kricketot! That was all blondie over there!

YAJNjLJ.png

Aw, okay. He can be pretty sweet sometimes.

FBaHztE.png

Big boy Barry manages to win over the Professor's heart with his willingness to sacrifice himself, and so we're finally allowed to choose our starter!

NDJZCTO.png

No can do chief. You know the rules (and so do I); every region's got a big bad guy that's gonna unleash the local god and the random trainer that just got their Pokemon a week ago has to stop it.
My hands are tied here!

m0qwbFq.png

Oh right, I almost forgot about you.
I never was too fond of Lucas as a kid, he always just felt a bit irrelevant to me. He also reminded me of Brenden, who I greatly disliked at the time!

YW8fRcw.png

XhX1agg.png

Lucas doesn't seem to like that his senpai is giving two random people off the streets a Pokemon, but the Professor doesn't care. Because Rowan is just cool like that.

c27lWkp.png

Barry decides to let me pick first, which would normally earn him another good boy point, but I know it's just because he wants to pick the one stronger than me.
Thanks Barry.

EsMH7DC.png

Alright! Time to pick our new best friend! You guys probably already know our options, but I'll still show them off for fun.

EfCRhDi.png

EcZFXAw.png

J2dfNUj.png

There they are, the iconic Sinnoh trio! Now, Turtwig has always been my favorite of these three, but I've used him so much I wanna give the other two a chance as well so I'm gonna randomize my choice. If I roll a 1 it's Turtwig, 2 for Chimchar, and 3 for Piplup.

3bx6V1K.png

Welp, it looks like the gods have spoken and my son is coming home to me! (I swear this isn't rigged...)

Xjv2A3T.png

Come to mama little guy!

kQ6evao.png

I know I should be mad that he's got an advantage over me now, but Chimchar really does suit him.

b6OVwVB.png

And there's our next destination. Oh and by the way, if I encounter any Pokemon before I get my first Poke Balls it doesn't count as my catch for the area.
The nuzlocke is still technically active since if Turtwig faints between then and now it's still a game over, it's just that the "one catch per area" rule isn't active yet.

XmCYUUw.png

And just like a gust of wind - they came and left.

ZIcRf4r.png

Of course he wants to battle.
I'd like to say no because I'm actually pretty nervous (my ineptitude hasn't ever been broadcast to the internet before!) but I also know I don't have a choice here.

8161RSj.png

leYdIJw.png

MogJGkk.png

BZ1yD2i.png

Weird kid, but he's certainly got the spirit.
As long as I'm smart about this everything should be fine.

FYmX417.png

Looks like my little Turtwig is actually a boy, and an adorable one at that!

7bNMeAJ.png

Well that was a lot of stress for nothing.
He literally just Leer'd at me five times in a row.

V3eZolL.png

And now my sweet little boy is at level 6! Nice.

8rlvbxP.png

Anyway, we head back home where mom seems pretty okay with what just happened despite the fact that we were literally about to do the exact opposite of what she wanted.

YxcUrfO.png

f772gnc.png

She does say I should go thank him properly though and hands us a pair of running shoes. Huzzah!

OHceldP.png

We can also take a closer look at our special little boy!
He's naughty, stubborn,and really seems to like spicy food! This is actually a pretty decent nature since it raises his attack!

JmxxgiP.png

On our way up to Sandgem Town we run into Barry once again.
With any luck he didn't actually see us and we'll be able to just sneak right by...

j5owhmc.png

Dammit...

NwquBDd.png

GbnWfFP.png

BIaAk0d.png

MEklgou.png

SJqDxa3.png

7gjWUgT.png

Okay, it's one thing to be stupid enough to try and walk right into a pack of ravenous Shinx, but this is a literal god Barry! That thing will chew you up and spit you out like a old piece of gum!

4qjSNJi.png

He's using my debt against me. I literally don't have a choice here.
Well... it was great knowing all of you!

ZIXOWwt.png

As well as our soon to be grave!

6FskNNU.png

KkMTyLv.png

Oh no it's something worse than a legendary... it's a scientist...
Okay in all seriousness though I really hated Cyrus when I was a kid, and not because he was a bad character but because he was a good villain!
I always saw him as being more cold and calculated which separated him from the likes of Archie Maxie who I always saw as being pretty goofy, and he was a bit more involved in the story as well which also made him more of a threat than Giovanni in my mind. Of course there have been better villains than him since then (Ghetsis comes to mind...) but Cyrus still has a special place in my heart.

iynC237.png

xwh5doL.png

YNGUIQT.png

Oh lord, Barry move! He's going to start trying to teach you about quantum physics or something...

XLWFzW0.png

sJMetWQ.png

Smart move. He might have had a test tube on him or something...

FYT8TMY.png

Nothing stops you does it?

FCnBAJL.png

lYcQAT3.png

S30YgGa.png

bAB0Mcg.png

Yes, and that's our cue to get out of dodge! Why are you happy about this!?

0NGE0Lc.png

Pfzzv1r.png

vd6YN4i.png

No duh Barry. You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you? At least you can spell Pokeba- I mean Pokéballs right...

wlXRL1M.png

H57jL5P.png

uOL2YQu.png

Well at least he's not betting money on it this time. Off to Sandgem Town we go!

G4ePUXI.png

Well that was easy! All I ran into was a Bidoof (I just ran from it) and got a free potion!

LArZFK5.png

Oh, hi Lucas.
There goes my good mood...

agrdWWE.png

Ah, I found Barry.

SNJZjhy.png

4YODgce.png

That my dear Lucas is what I like to call the "Barry Enigma."
No matter how fast he goes, he never seems to tire or slow down.

IucVnfL.png

Sup' Professor.

8jVo3wG.png

Of course he is, he's my sweet little good boy.
Nothing bad will ever happen to him.

NfwQEQv.png

Di3Susv.png

Finally!
Yes I absolutely would, and I have the perfect name for him!

NF5lOMN.png

Now before all of you laugh at me I decided to name him Red after the giant Redwoods from my home state of California!
These trees are also fire-resistant, which I'm hoping will be a good luck charm for our boy!

djvu4av.png

Of course there is. There's always, strings attached to these sort of things. Guess he wants me to fill up the Dex for him.

QkJUqu6.png

Dude, you gave me my son, so I owe you. But that also means I'm now in debt to both you and Barry...
Fantastic.

aOkB6cN.png

Thanks just give me the magical Pokemon computer so I can get out of here.

ab3al9A.png

Okay, so now when I step outside I know that Lucas is gonna be out there and he's gonna do all his stupid tutorial stuff.
So I'm gonna spare all of you the same torture that I'll be going through and just skip to after I get my Pokeballs.

F6bBRRr.png

Okay, so I also had to run back home and tell mom that I was leaving and I now have to deliver a package to Barry. I didn't get any screenshots because I kinda skipped through it so I could just get my Pokeballs already, and now I have them!
Woohoo!

SRA7oIR.png

OH MY GOD!
My first encounter for Route 202 is a Shinx! I love the Shinx line and I love him!

Lb2Zxd6.png

YES!!! I didn't let Red attack because I didn't want to risk losing him, and it was worth it!

LtZ473m.png

I decided to name him Beau, because he's my handsome little guy!
Also, Hasty isn't the worst nature in the world. I'll just have to watch him well.

qNbWhS9.png

Another great encounter for Route 201! This run is off to a great start!

K787IKl.png

Once again I didn't want to risk knocking her out, so I just threw the ball right away.

U4yxQW8.png

Everybody meet Stella!
Sassy isn't exactly the nature I would have asked for, but I'm just going to have to work with it.

zoKSYBk.png

I think this is a pretty good place to wrap things up for this first chapter!
I've gotta work on grinding up the team, and unfortunately I also have some school work that I need to do. Next time we'll head further into Route 202 and do some exploring in Jubilife City! Hope you all enjoyed this first step in our exciting adventure!
See you all soon!

I'll try and update this run at least once a week, maybe more if I have the time. Also feel free to give me suggestions on how to make the run better!
Want more screenshots? Less screenshots? More narration? Less narration? Let me know! I'm very new to this and am eager to improve!

Last edited:

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's the second update!
I'm really happy that I decided to post this run online! I haven't had the urge to go against the rules yet because I know that I'm going to be taking screenshots of everything. So yay me I suppose!

DJMloUG.png

Welcome back everyone!
The team's all leveled up and we're ready to move out!

3koN8hL.png

I went ahead and got everyone up to level seven just to be safe.
Not much really happened during training, but I'll post screenshots of whatever was interesting enough down in the spoiler.

EKekPeS.png

Beau learned Leer!
Also, his ability is Intimidate, so his training went pretty smoothly!

3MfaTQo.png

And Stella learned Quick Attack!
Leveling her up was a bit more difficult, but she got there eventually.

tVprCI8.png

Now that you're all up to date let's make our way towards Jubilife City!

eyhwF3x.png

dXDdDti.png

cMe0qAi.png

Time for our first trainer battle (other than Barry...) and I'm honestly a little nervous...

j7sYATi.png

Okay. As long as this kid isn't cheating this Starly shouldn't have any Flying-Type moves yet.
Red should be able to handle this fine.

TC15D4A.png

And he did!
That Starly did hit pretty hard but our little turtle friend hit just a little bit harder!

Ms7yL3V.png

He even managed to snag a level up!

RFiiM8V.png

Yeah yeah, just give me your lunch money already. (I spent all my money on Pokeballs and potions...)
Also these battles probably won't be anything groundbreaking, so I'm just going to move ahead and I'll let you guys know if anything interesting happened.

jtckJhN.png

Nothing interesting happened, it was a clean sweep.
I don't know why I was so worried!

gThXGHP.png

The first thing we see when we arrive in the city is of course Lucas.
Hi Lucas. What sort of knowledge will you bestow upon us poor foolish mortals today?

FfynOCK.png

koyKiwO.png

498zoAS.png

Hey I am doing a challenge!
It's just that my challenge says I can only catch a certain amount of Pokemon, so why don't you just bite me helper boy!
I'm doing what I can do!

hE8fhWQ.png

Lucas then proceeds to tell me how much he loves Pokemon before kidnapping me to try and "show me around the city."

oZ8R1WD.png

*gasp*
I know that guy!

qD5chFp.png

IJjO2gQ.png

NUlKUOa.png

Great job Lucas, you startled the poor man!

vWO5atD.png

MGltLO2.png

5bd14mq.png

This guy always cracks me up!
He's genuinely one of my favorite characters from the Pokemon series.

cOpwkf2.png

waRlx1S.png

3XJeLrM.png

wGu5BaM.png

Ah, good ol' Looker.
He's not all too bright, but he sure does brighten up my day!

7yjDmm6.png

This question actually somehow managed to confuse me when I was a kid.
I knew that being a thief was a bad thing, but I thought that was common sense and assumed that Looker was talking about some weird adult saying that I didn't know about; so I always said "no" to this question.
Now that I'm an adult though I know he's just asking if we know that it's bad to steal, which I of course know is wrong.
And just to be clear: yes, I was a very stupid kid.

rKF0T3I.png

1uv7orP.png

Good to have you on the case then!
Although tradition says that I'll be the one doing most of the crime fighting.
Hey! Maybe I should join the International Police!

s397WNq.png

KeWIXCB.png

Thanks man. I don't think I'm ever gonna use this!

PlgYMxy.png

nloUX23.png

AeuF1gH.png

shsaFUn.png

pdjPOV4.png

You got it big man, I'm always happy to talk to you!
Now about that job?...

JHj9eyR.png

qavccPl.png

Dammit... he's gone.
Oh well, next time I'll ask about the job.

SR3tcZk.png

I'm gonna be doing it for free anyway, so I might as well start getting paid for it.
Wonder if I'll get a uniform?...

fabD1gr.png

rLrBOSM.png

Oh right, I forgot about that.

gvCOhTC.png

oxuHyzW.png

Alright I guess we should go deliver this package to Barry, but I'm gonna go heal up first.

bC0Saqt.png

Alright, the team's all good to go!
Now we just need to locate our favorite hyperactive blonde...

tPn67fo.png

Oh, there he is.

EicKqjo.png

Let me just grab this item real quick.

fG1dL1j.png

Alright Speedy, I got something for you...

suyn09Q.png

Good for you! Take the box.

nT4FMRw.png

nSO2mpj.png

Yup.
Your mother is a saint and wanted to give you a care package, but your hyper-charged ass decided to bolt before she could get around to it.

x5Rw7iP.png

Please just take it so we can all move on.

SbQeV53.png

That is actually something that's going to be good for you to have.

M7uHio8.png

nbBvorj.png

LkPKuoz.png

Your mother likely assumed that you would lose the first one so she just gave you two.
But hey, I'm not about to look a gift Ponyta in the mouth. Thanks for the free map.

Ik0QmGJ.png

zrAEHr9.png

iqE2E5x.png

Roark is the Rock-type gym leader, so I'm not too worried about myself.
Best of luck to you though my friend, hope you're considering evolving that monkey of yours!

HPAZWQn.png

xOlKfEF.png

There he goes, off to greener pastures.

ifR1GYD.png

Guess while I'm here I'll battle these two.

9ZEnUMn.png

You first glasses boy!

P7XyDnc.png

I really love Intimidate.
These battles should be easy.

yH7ihyy.png

Or not! This kid's using drugs!
He almost took out Beau with a critical hit and seriously messed Stella up with another one!

3h6Sqk5.png

We managed to get through though and Beau even got a level up!

v70wLv5.png

I'm gonna go heal real fast but then I'll be back, and you'll regret what you've done!

FbdHXkI.png

Alright kid come at me! I've learned your dirty tricks!

aFUKTDp.png

No funny business this time! Stella's going for the kill!

f0HgQiV.png

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me!
Whatever, it's just a small decrease.

7pPf6wQ.png

Hey!
I'm the only one allowed to do that!

WrhNgFz.png

Good riddance.

HAfmBmx.png

And now Stella's level eight as well!

k768lus.png

Alright kid, give me my prize!

cTqt1Ex.png

fzsg9vz.png

ccieAMh.png

All of that... just for a potion?
Whatever, I'll take it.

732WSXv.png

Brats...

fuVKARY.png

Welp, guess it's time to explore the city before moving on to Oreburg.

KovdBWr.png

Oh?

qUfGXpQ.png

Ah right, the Poketch. Guess it's time for a clown hunt!

IYiK0rL.png

yGMOsjx.png

Here's the first one! And yes they do.

D9pXYs5.png

Iv2IA92.png

Clown number two, and yes they can.

4DUCLFi.png

TUCNiYk.png

The final clown. And yes they do.

oS510Cg.png

Aaannndd, Poketch received.

E8nfuv7.png

I actually really liked the Poketch when gen 4 first came out! I always enjoyed watching my Pokemon bob around on the bottom screen.
Speaking of... we'll be getting my preferred Poketch app in Eterna City pretty soon. Until then though I'll keep it on this one so you all can see the team!

beJ6KrN.png

I think it's time to get a move on!
Although I think I'll go up north first and try to catch a new teammate!

qgzNnP6.png

Pray for me folks, there's a chance I'll find a repeat...

X0yxO9r.png

Curses!
That means no catch for us on Route 204.
Maybe we'll have better luck to the east...

rpvccXc.png

Alright, Route 203!
Hopefully we'll get a catch he-

ADTmlDp.png

Oh right.
I forgot about this rival battle.
I think he only has a Starly and his Chimchar, so we should be okay...

EmzkpOr.png

wH7Wo8u.png

SuLSBiA.png

3eNLmcP.png

Here we go! Rival battle number two!

DEjePwQ.png

Okay, yeah. This should be fine!

R6Hta3z.png

Of course that's what you decided to start with.
Ugh, this is gonna be a long battle...

3zs6Ekh.png

He got a crit off on Red so I had to switch out, but Stella managed to finish her brother off.

1BkD7Ob.png

W1tfBGs.png

And Red got a level as well as a new move for his efforts!

X0ctRgA.png

This is the scary one.
I think I'll switch in Beau to get the Intimidate drop.

9NcO1f6.png

That's not good!

BrIwqI5.png

I'm gonna have switch back into Stella before bringing Beau out again to get another Intimidate off.
I don't want to take too many risks this early on.

fnuQ6Dd.png

It just kept using Leer on Beau so I had to do one more swap after the last one, but thankfully we managed to pull off the win!

rb0WXr3.png

10oA7vF.png

Also Stella leveled up and finally learned Wing Attack!

cXFjwx3.png

Sorry Barry, better luck next time!

dw8dkQ4.png

2llsDMo.png

Sure thing buddy. You just keep telling yourself that.

SDiKClP.png

And he's gone.
I think I'll go heal up and then try my luck on a new catch!

CyEkgaI.png

Please let it be something new...

77jeFxT.png

These Shinx are haunting me!
That means no new catches for me today.

fxzys4u.png

I think I'm gonna wrap this one up here folks.
We got quite bit done today and in the next update I'm gonna try and take on the first gym leader, so be sure to tune into that!

Also one more thing, I'm pretty happy with the team so far so I decided to sketch them!
It's been a sort of long time since I've last drawn so I'm a little rusty, but I'm actually pretty happy with how it came out!
Feel free to take a look if you want!

cNpskyJ.png

How do you draw birds? :sweatdrop:

localhoney

the smooth jazz of bastards
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Poison
Love to see anything Sinnoh, regardless of the context, so this is a lot of fun! How come you're not using the Dupes Clause to dodge those repeat Shinx encounters? Regardless, I'll be here to keep you on track and make sure you don't skirt a rule or two. Excited for the next update!

You know the rules (and so do I)
This got a legitimate snort out of me
I always saw him as being more cold and calculated which separated him from the likes of Archie
Leave my Pirate Dad alone, he is a threat to mankind
Wonder if I'll get a uniform?...
They should've done a HGSS-esque thing where you get to don a Looker disguise and run around with a trenchcoat.
Ah right, the Poketch. Guess it's time for a clown hunt!
imagine if some random dude on the street clowned you (hah) for not having an Apple Watch smh

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ohhh a sinnoh run! After doing one recently I'm excited to see others take on the game.

I'm gonna be honest and say that I never really loved gen 4's graphical style. There's nothing overly wrong with it, it always just seemed a little... wide to me.
Okay same tho! Idk why it bothers me less in Johto but in Sinnoh every screen looks? Too wide?? Somehow???

Now before all of you laugh at me I decided to name him Red after the giant Redwoods from my home state of California!
These trees are also fire-resistant, which I'm hoping will be a good luck charm for our boy!
As a fellow Californian I adore this name! May the Redwoods grant our little buddy protection from the flames 🙏

Hey! Maybe I should join the International Police!
Gonna be real you can probably get more done as an unaffiliated 10 year old wandering around aimlessly.

Wishing you luck on your first posted run!

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Update time!
I've been really enjoying myself with this run, so I've just been playing through the game almost non-stop! These updates will probably slow down eventually though...
But for now I hope you're all enjoying the steady stream of content!

@localhoney
Glad to have you join me on this journey to earn my nuzlocke credibility!
The reason I don't allow myself to catch anything else if I find a dupe is just to make the game harder for me; especially since I allow myself to accept and use gift Pokemon even if I already have an encounter from the area, it makes it seem fairer in my mind. This is a rule I use in every run, so I don't even really think about it that much anymore. I guess you could say I use a special kind of dupes clause!

This got a legitimate snort out of me
Glad I got a chuckle outta you! I saw my chance and I just had to take it.
Leave my Pirate Dad alone, he is a threat to mankind
Hey, I love Archie as much as the next guy (gen 3's my favorite generation and Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I ever beat the league on!) but I just have a hard time taking him seriously! Yes, he does want to drown the world, but he's also a silly pirate man that makes me laugh.
They should've done a HGSS-esque thing where you get to don a Looker disguise and run around with a trenchcoat.
That would've been great! I'm gonna doing most of the work here so I should be the one wearing the trenchcoat!
imagine if some random dude on the street clowned you (hah) for not having an Apple Watch smh
That would be dreadful. Considering I don't actually own any Apple products I would be constantly hounded.

Thanks for checking out my run! And feel free to yell at me if I try anything... cheaty. I've been good so far though!

@Tailsimp
Thanks for deciding to give my run a chance!
Sinnoh absolutely deserves more love! Gen 4 really helped me get through some really rough tween years.

Okay same tho! Idk why it bothers me less in Johto but in Sinnoh every screen looks? Too wide?? Somehow???
Finally, someone else thinks so too! I thought it was just me. I remember really missing gen 3's graphical style when I noticed how wide Diamond and Pearl looked as a kid.
As a fellow Californian I adore this name! May the Redwoods grant our little buddy protection from the flames
Always nice to meet someone else from California! Maybe if I'm lucky some of the Redwood's fire resistance will transfer over to Red!
Gonna be real you can probably get more done as an unaffiliated 10 year old wandering around aimlessly.
You got a point, but hear me out... they also have really cool trenchcoats and code names! I really want cool trenchcoat and code name too!

Glad to have you along for this journey! Hopefully I don't disappoint you by failing this run!

XSpvezz.png

Welcome back once again to another exciting installment of this Pokemon Platinum nuzlocke!
The adventure in which I desperately try to convince all of you that I am in fact good at Pokemon, despite the fact that you can all see me struggling!
Anyway, let's get back on the road

3aGwHTf.png

I legitimately thought you were a trainer and didn't understand why you didn't try and battle me...
I'm not that smart guys.

jF0PFdN.png

Okay, you're definitely a trainer!
So let's do this!

1ONb1t7.png

Qji9TuM.png

So this kid has a Kricketot, which is a little scary since I know it's got Bide.
I should be okay though if I just whittle down it's HP and stall through it's Bide...

k1sdMHJ.png

BAptIsB.png

2itCM8G.png

That wasn't too bad, and Beau even leveled up!
Charge will also be pretty useful once he gets an electric type move.

oohm0jg.png

Beau should be able to handle a Zubat just fine. I think I'll keep him in.

kPvfRZl.png

Fantastic.
I'm not taking that risk! I'm gonna call Beau back and bring Stella in instead.

IeCYb1j.png

Easy-peasy!
Quick note, I'm gonna be running back to the Pokemon center a lot, so if you notice at one point the team's health is a bit different than it was a moment ago it's just because I'm paranoid.
Just wanted to explain that so I don't have to point out every time I run back to town!

b3mRjCr.png

And I got a Pokeball!
Not too bad actually.

QsIiFhw.png

yVmZ0sf.png

Oh! You wanna compare Shinx do ya!?
Well my little Beau could beat your silly little Shinx any day at any time!
Bring it on little man, it's time for a Shinx face off!

WID9jhg.png

You don't stand a chance!
Rip him apart Beau!

4AOdRMQ.png

MuIm2Av.png

Never challenge the superior Shinx trainer.
Thanks for the level up though!

CPdA6fQ.png

zv1Pnz2.png

Ack!
Sweet mother of Mew kid, you can't just surprise people like that!
I was just trying to get up the stairs...

Qz9o0ol.png

Oooh... a Machop.
Something you fine folks should know about me is that I really hate battling fighting types as well as psychic types.
I don't know why but I've always really struggled with these two types specifically.
I should be okay going up against a single level eight Machop though...

oVsfQ97.png

OKAY, NOPE! CHANGED MY MIND!
I am not risking my precious little Red, I'm bringing out Stella.

aPur7hf.png

I really hate fighting types...

Pf1SNss.png

I think this is the last trainer on the route...

b8ha3hf.png

Okay, she's got four Pokemon, but if they're all like this Bidoof there shouldn't be any problems.

nixXssg.png

Yeah they were all level four.
Also Red got to level ten but I forgot to snap a screenshot of it.

LrN9jy7.png

Oh whoops, guess there was one more trainer.
I'll take care of her real quick and then get back to you guys. She shouldn't be an issue.

5xe78Z6.png

No problem at all, and now the whole team is at level ten!
Let's finally get inside the cave and get our next encounter!

Dxh0Atq.png

Here we are, Oreburgh Gate!
As long as I don't screw this up I'm guaranteed a new teammate from this cave!

KrJHyvw.png

Okay, a Zubat!
Not bad, but since I already have a flying type I'm not sure how long I'll be keeping him on the team... but he works for now.

nFv0fI7.png

Zubat acquired!

VCzqcP6.png

Everyone meet Bruce!
Brave's not... the worst nature? It'll boost his attack but bring down his speed...
Eh, whatever. It's fine.

VknYSI1.png

I'm gonna have to train him up before I can use him, but I'll do that a little later.

1CkoW8d.png

NpqT4F2.png

WuaXuJf.png

FOAc05Y.png

FOAc05Y.png

80NILOE.png

ySQpeT7.png

ylwpepx.png

gvwTgyX.png

I really didn't miss HMs...
Hopefully we'll come across another Pokemon in the upcoming areas so I don't have to teach Red Rock Smash...
But I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

7M3OOo6.png

cdmCYIF.png

I don't think these trainers are gonna give me any trouble, so I'm just gonna skip ahead and if anything interesting happens I'll let y'all know...

sg88wlW.png

8Obb5BE.png

Quick recap.
Red and Beau leveled up and we had another intense Shinx face off.
It was pretty epic, sorry you guys couldn't see it...

iHHVgvD.png

But hey, we've finally made it to Oreburgh City.
Time to get our first gym badge!

WcKYB5Z.png

TUnMaE0.png

No please... no more hand-holding!

XdcOaFR.png

My pleas have fallen on deaf ears, and once again I am being taken somewhere against my will...
Still not as bad as the more recent games though.

JzKJbH2.png

Yeah that's my sugar-fueled idiot.
I'll handle this.

wvv3fP2.png

Hey B-man, did Roark destroy your team?

XAh7GKA.png

bLAwreJ.png

I'm gonna choose to ignore that.

VzLdF8r.png

Sp0WrTk.png

swFyBLz.png

Bb0vcw1.png

GJcS7lE.png

Welp, looks like it's off to the mines for us!
But one thing first...

49euVqR.png

New catch area!
I think there are Ponyta up here, and I really want a fire type.
Wish me luck!

wgHhLfj.png

NO!!!
*sigh*
She's not what I wanted but still not a bad catch.

Y2jqRke.png

Woo...

QYpJvZs.png

Why did I name her Shiva you ask? Well I don't know. It just sounded nice!
Either way, her nature sucks so I doubt she'll be around long. At least I have someone to dump Rock Smash on now though.

CJPDQQv.png

THIS WAS THE LITERAL NEXT STEP I TOOK!
Why does Arceus hate me?

roxkLYO.png

Back in town now and on our way to the mines. I just wanted to point out how neat these moving conveyer belts are!
... You guys probably can't tell because it's a screenshot but just take my word for it!

Ilr5nm0.png

Here we are in the mines!
With any luck we'll be able to get a new catch in here as well.

9VzClru.png

Alright, a Geodude's not bad at all.
I'll take him!

xB0vTd0.png

And there's teammate number six.
Finally, a full team!

j77Nplp.png

Everyone say hi to Dwayne!
He's got a pretty good nature too! What a great catch after the disappointment that was Shiva...

pyBulXr.png

hZLR3Eo.png

That being said, I'm pretty sure almost every trainer in here has either a rock type or Machop, so I'm just gonna skip ahead to the interesting bits for you all.

x8BKKrO.png

VrlWPLg.png

My boy Red got to eat good today, and Stella got some experience as well!

098fxxm.png

Anyway here's Roark.
Howdy.

25Q0kVs.png

SmJufXm.png

Weird way to greet someone, but I'm cool with it.

PHV82D7.png

He then bragged about being the gym leader before calling me a noob and saying that I should fight him.
Strange guy.

3fyeCln.png

I have a bunch of new members now, which means I gotta do a bit of grinding off screen.
Don't worry! I'll let you guys know anything important that happens.
I'll be right back!

2QRwkPI.png

Whew, that took a while.
But at least now the whole team is at level thirteen and we're set to take on the gym!
Like before I'll put anything that happened during training in a spoiler below in case you were curious about what went down.

APSwG6U.png

Red learned Razor Leaf which is fantastic since he's more of a physical attacker.

bMr42VN.png

LM9tegy.png

L7q7nB7.png

HwdkOl3.png

I had Shiva forget Focus Energy and Leer so she could learn Karate Chop and Foresight.
I figured Foresight would be useful if she was ever stuck in a fight with a ghost.
I also taught her Rock Smash while I was at it.

7Aoue8k.png

Beau finally learned an electric move with Spark.

pbf7EeI.png

K7iIyoH.png

I got rid of Tackle on Stella since Quick Attack is basically just a better Tackle, and in it's place she learned Double Team.

yubnMt3.png

6ZdZMNJ.png

I got rid of the essentially useless Mud Sport on Dwayne and gave him Rock Throw.
He also learned Rock Polish, but I unfortunately didn't get a screenshot.

h5WOl9x.png

u6yWms3.png

And finally Bruce learned Astonish and Bite.
It took forever to train him up! But at least he's not useless anymore.

lTUBFVX.png

Alright, gym time people! Get your party hats on!

kJjL1Qb.png

Hey Gym Guy! How's it going?
And yes I know they gave Gym Guy a name in gen 5, I just don't remember what it was. Clyde maybe?

QU8SALm.png

Jd3tATF.png

D2QnHSj.png

naQQ6Je.png

They sure do buddy!
Roll the montage!

i1JaUht.png

5qNdKTs.png

4h83Rkg.png

sITUZ5x.png

wPkBsPq.png

That was like a walk in the park.
Great job Red!

hweEKf3.png

YRS9mW1.png

r9UW0Gl.png

YbTwb6G.png

mr3HZv9.png

hsRomk1.png

d3MKjs1.png

No fear here, let's rock-n-roll!
I'll show you who's tough!

dBBDGhl.png

First off I think I'll use Absorb to take back the HP that your lackeys took from my boy.

F9mQbWB.png

Ah, refreshing. Thanks Roark!

XLv0YHw.png

Hey! Nice Onix dude. I'd be a shame if someone just...

zb2uj59.png

oOg1kN0.png

Did that.
And thanks for the level!
Onix are surprisingly speedy though, it actually managed to get a hit in.

BPNdGQw.png

And here's the ace.
Cranidos is actually one of my favorite fossil Pokemon, so it would be nice if I could manage to find it's fossil and get on of my own...

6tSOuRQ.png

Uh-oh.
Headbutt hits really hard and Razor Leaf missed.
I think I'm gonna heal to be on the safe side.

3JYAaR4.png

Eek...
Absorb doesn't do a lot... I'm gonna have to heal again and then risk a Razor Leaf...

fYJHQZ4.png

uA9THTB.png

EsdoKx8.png

Oh no...
That... really hurts...

Fxzb2WR.png

atrjD4B.png

Great...

gJhkN3e.png

I hate you... so much.

j3yas2i.png

I10Oh2R.png

GgeR6d1.png

FbAUXyJ.png

LaBGQae.png

8WfmJSz.png

JZZFoe4.png

This feels like a very hollow victory...

1WOf0jF.png

DJ4CfGe.png

0d9R1kw.png

dvj5RSx.png

QfREkzb.png

I honestly don't care Roark.

1SRt9QN.png

I... guess I should go lay him to rest...

y7SDg0o.png

Rest in peace little buddy, I'm sorry I won't be able to bring you to the end with me...
For those wonder what happened, basically I healed Red like I said I was going to, but he flinched from a Headbutt. I then had to use my last couple of potions to heal him back to full health again, but unfortunately the damn Cranidos got a crit before I could fully heal him, and poor Red went down.

lobQFaa.png

Ugh, that sucks. Like, really sucks.
It's not that I've never lost a starter before, because I have. It just doesn't get easier.
This is where the whole reason for me posting this run online comes into play by the way, because I was so close to just resetting the game and pretending this never happened. But even though I have no problem with lying to myself, I find it's much harder for me to lie to other people.
So even though this hurts me so badly to do, I have to keep going.

HUhmBqI.png

Here's a screenshot of me saving the game, to show all of you as well as myself that I'm dedicated to pressing on; no matter who we lose or what happens.
What's done is done...

HN7MmjX.png

That being said though, I think this is where I'm going to bid you all adieu for this chapter.
I think this was my longest update yet, and honestly I'm just not feeling up to going any further right now.
But I'll definitely be continuing soon, and I hope you'll all be there as well!

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Welcome back once again to the wacky and wonderful world of Pokemon Platinum.
Let's get straight into the update!

5kGQF29.png

*sigh*

MT6YKLj.png

I'm honestly still pretty upset with myself for losing Red...

YaUhZOT.png

But I know he would want us to keep going, so we should just get a move on...

ZnrHfUY.png

Barry I am not in the mood right now.

EJz75CX.png

Yeah...
BUT I'M ALSO MISSING A TURTLE BARRY!
My poor boy, he was so young...

lS5zbHa.png

J0cbWd5.png

7uZv8Vr.png

mADXnir.png

vk5T3eH.png

nJe29l8.png

Never a dull moment with that guy...
He's right though, we're gonna have too go back to Jubilife and head north from there.

BiEZ1cJ.png

We take one step back into the city and are instantly accosted by Looker because I haven't gone out of my way to get a Pal Pad.

LKUyj1K.png

Yeah I know, I just don't have any reason to go down there and get it.
For reference, if I'm remembering right the Pal Pad is just used to register your friends that you've connected with so you can see their stats.
I think so anyway? I didn't have any friends growing up so I don't actually know for sure...
Either way I can't be bothered to go grab it.

WU0sWXE.png

UfaOGSD.png

KLXzzXg.png

9mtwxdF.png

There he goes once again... and I forgot to ask him about a job!
Next time detective man, your trenchcoat will be mine...

8l2BYWa.png

I also find it hilarious that if he had stuck around for maybe five more seconds then he would have found the criminals he was looking for.
Oh well, looks like this is a job for the superior crime fighter!
Stop right there criminal scum!

e5ISRoy.png

I'd be careful if I were you bowl-cut boy.
The Professor could eat you alive if he wanted to.

yeGPOJO.png

H9QEhBT.png

ScDHeOH.png

See. He doesn't care about you.
Also I can't tell if Rowan really doesn't care about Lucas, or if these guys are just that non-intimidating...

IIS4N4J.png

Please don't mention the badge Professor.
It's really more of a badge of shame...

K6ywSKv.png

Oh sweet baby Lugia, please don't ask to see him...

cGAgpZl.png

Yeah, sure, let's go with that!

7mz6mbV.png

IiaVjbY.png

uX1OfB2.png

C6GYWjL.png

I seriously love Prof. Rowan.
This man fears absolutely nothing.

hTMmx1D.png

23pX8gA.png

GIiVVrB.png

s147BPF.png

nMijueU.png

3EsbOxt.png

gVv0hp2.png

9tP7XWI.png

These men are trying to rob you and you just decide to roast them like that!?
This why Rowan is, and always will be, my favorite Pokemon Professor!

ZjqNpyF.png

You got it Professor!
Wait... did you say "kids?"
As in, me and Lucas fighting together!?

1p9Ticx.png

Oh no...

q3ycVCx.png

PMi7914.png

Ugh, double battles. The bane of my existence.
When I have team that's specifically made for double battles they're fine, but I really hate doing them in nuzlockes; especially with NPCs as partners.
This is still pretty early in the game though, so we should be fine.

6h14AyU.png

Time to unleash our special attack...

IdNDRKn.png

Super Charged Spark!

hwMAswP.png

PheAT1Q.png

l0wKezK.png

That worked out way better than I thought it would...

GkIJahP.png

One more time Beau!

AdhGKIo.png

U1RDvFG.png

UtKsbeF.png

Well that was fun.

zF2UZEp.png

fGZSfbo.png

Zxv3loq.png

And there they go.
Such strange little blue men...

pgVpZ5u.png

m38F1qg.png

Sz22Vfh.png

sDmNhIL.png

FwhQUg8.png

They probably wanna open up a portal to a hell dimension in order to try and catch some sort of serpentine-like dragon in order to create a new world for themselves or something...
But I don't know, I'm just spitballing here!

C5QlX3m.png

Thanks, I did almost all the work in that battle!

qAGoQCR.png

That is the point of the run. (I hope we make it that far...)

JS1Rizv.png

There they go.
Always nice to see the Professor, even if he does usually have his annoying little tag-along with him...

iYlhkoo.png

Agh!
Where the hell did you come from!?

Z6oLB77.png

Well I don't do interviews, so go away!
Okay, maybe I'll do one interview...

CNdEBhy.png

*gasp*
It's fashion time.

m1qqeiL.png

He's perfect.
What was I doing again? Oh right, we're heading to the next town.
Sorry guys, I really liked decorating your Pokemon back when I was little and I was excited to do it again, so I got distracted.
We'll revisit this again when we get to Hearthome, but for now let's just get back on the road.

vT2sq7d.png

There's a couple of trainers on this route, but I'm just gonna skip over them for the most part.
I really want to get to the cave at the end of the route and try to get a new capture.
I'll let y'all know if anything cool happens...

uPNI9rT.png

The only thing you guys missed was another epic Shinx face off (sorry about that) and me decimating the Magikarp kid.
Anyway, moving on.

dPnwy7l.png

Alright, Ravaged Path.
C'mon nuzlocke gods, give me something new...

sNrjMUk.png

Ugh, it's just Bruce's cousin.
That means no catch for us this time...
I'm not even sure if I even could've gotten a new catch in here.
I thought there were Psyducks wandering around in here, but I'm not too sure...

Rys2vu5.png

Oh well, the team's not too bad right now so it's not a major loss.
Let's just move on.

pIuVgFb.png

I did manage to snag Rock Tomb though!

CbWHL9l.png

This is still a part of the same route that we just came from, so that means no new catches here either, but like I said the team's fine for now so let's just keep moving towards Floaroma Town.

1fSta5h.png

Oh my god guys, it's time!

TR706l2.png

MRdcrFP.png

JHpkfdc.png

kABNRKo.png

AFoyuMO.png

First evolution of the run baby!!!

V41f6OL.png

Look at my big fluffy boy!
Alright for real this time, I'll see you guys when we get to the next town.

SqJGlOI.png

Sike! I fooled you all!
Time for evolution number two!

PSn1LHJ.png

6TkhDMH.png

9ujeT8G.png

d6cratT.png

8DAE1wC.png

Two evolutions for the price of one, let's go!!!

od3CDM0.png

Look at my big beautiful bird!
There's no more evolutions now, so I'll actually see you all again once we're in town.

lSk8LkG.png

The only other mildly interesting thing that happened was Shiva leveling up.

TnBdRNa.png

Anyway, we made it to Floraroma Town!

eai0RB7.png

Honestly there's not much to do here, so I'm just gonna heal up and hit the mart before getting back on the road.

4FUeuCB.png

You can trade berries for accessories here, but I definitely don't have enough right now.
We might come back a little later though...

gaWyb5A.png

I will never worry about not being able to heal my Pokemon enough ever again...

Fd0LeVe.png

I also almost forgot that you can get Pluck from this kid!

UpNHyF3.png

4dqO6NU.png

Bruce won't be learning any flying type moves for a while and Pluck is going to be useful in the next gym, so teaching him Pluck is going to be good in the long run!

v3PdAGk.png

Alright moving on...

VjamHC4.png

...to this!

RLFLdg6.png

What seems to be the problem little girl?

t7vMyem.png

5Htm7Ln.png

iaHLJZM.png

Hj7oAen.png

Don't worry kiddo! Detective Pika is on the case!

o04gTbz.png

This'll show Looker that I'm International Police material!

fqKjZZx.png

But first... new catch!

xkGSzLr.png

Pachirisu?
You know what, I'm okay with that.
I was hoping for a Buizel or Shellos but this little guy's fine too.

2YTco9H.png

He started using Bide so I panicked and just threw a ball.

pRxmFiq.png

Oof, impish isn't really what you want to see with electric types...
I'll probably just be replacing him with my next catch though since I already have Beau.
Also I named him Sparky after the Pachirisu that helped me defeat the Sinnoh League the first time. He shall carry on her legacy.

deYNBX0.png

And who's gonna stop me? You?
Don't be ridiculous.

Kb23Wa4.png

KQniTD6.png

See. What did I tell ya? You can't defeat me if you have a bowl-cut, it's just how it works.
Thanks for the experience though.

FJVEHf6.png

D9fWQk3.png

The coward refused to accept defeat and locked himself inside.
Looks like I'm gonna have to find another way inside.

WMmjcfA.png

Luckily for you fine folks, I am an excellent detective and now exactly where to look.

MkJDZPm.png

Told you guys I'm a great detective!
(I've also replayed through this game about a million times but don't tell anyone I said that...)

jgLvi9Z.png

bbaCxB2.png

I'm not sure why Team Galactic needs honey, but I'm not about to let them have it!
En garde and face me you hooligans!

vLDLA6D.png

zn1DcCE.png

w1Q4NQB.png

gztagJS.png

I'm not afraid of you two! You won't even face me as a team.
Stella and I laugh at your incompetence.

HOdZTLP.png

iexIJhT.png

Done and done.
Next time bring your A-game boys!

yc8a8Cp.png

HOh8V9G.png

2vbwmax.png

7Uy470P.png

U1bylvd.png

oSnw27f.png

UJIF32t.png

Everything went perfectly according to plan.
I bet Looker's wishing he hired me now!

ljLrgq1.png

This guy also gave me some of his "sweet sweet honey" as a thank you for saving him.
But I really didn't like the way he kept saying "sweet sweet honey," so I just decided to smile and walk away very quickly.

SIw8pxN.png

Now we can get inside the Valley Windworks.
One problem though, I know there's a crazy red-head in there with a murder cat, so I'm gonna need to train.
And with that being said this is where I'm gonna end the chapter for today.
Hope you all enjoyed this update and I'll see you next time when we infiltrate the Windworks and free all the captured scientists!

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Welcome back to another rousing update of my nuzlocke!
I'm running out of ways to introduce these updates so let's just get right into it!

SmVwsDa.png

Everyone on the team is now legally an adult and I think we're all set to take on Team Galactic.
As always, pics of what happened during training is down below.

fojlB5y.png

2HeuMVN.png

Beau learned Bite which gives us a little more coverage and a chance to flinch!

1ORdjyG.png

oKVidiZ.png

Stella learned Endeavor, and although I don't know how often this move will be used I figured it might still come in handy at some point.

gXMChYi.png

Dwayne finally learned a ground type move and I had him forget Rock Polish.

3kw7g2d.png

And Sparky learned Spark in exchange for forgetting Leer.

ncFC2R5.png

I am legitimately nervous for Mars, but I have a plan for that demon-cat of hers...

hQQVShH.png

You guys are really bad at your jobs.

NfNfx1M.png

See? Why couldn't you have just had this revelation earlier?
There was no real reason for you to be such a sore loser.

jD0SvBA.png

And he's off to alert the boss-lady.
Foolish of him to think that'll help though.

WA98qDm.png

FEBr1Fb.png

lcQfLaH.png

Once again, you guys are really bad at your jobs.

UDlaEsY.png

Listen, we live in a world inhabited by magical creatures and you guys are a criminal organization.
I'm pretty sure it would be a lot easier to just catch an army of Pikachu and just make your own Pika-generator than to try and take over a windmill power plant without anyone noticing. And since you guys are crazy criminals there shouldn't be any morals in your way!
It's just an idea though.

7MIiM6V.png

Oh yeah, he lost by the way.

YPScKlb.png

Alright, time to execute my plan...

Fv0i4FP.png

eNgmuR7.png

This line always confused me when I was younger.
I know about the three Commanders; Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter, but I could never figure out who the fourth one was.
If I were to guess now I think she's referring to that old scientist guy they added in Platinum; Pluto or something? I honestly can't remember and he's doesn't even add much to the game from what I remember, so I'm also not gonna bother to look it up either.

fuEoSzs.png

That's great Mars, nice to meet you.

B4zUmGI.png

TiVKJcG.png

jT5QmeS.png

BMVO8Xn.png

JeOQONP.png

CcZ3u0g.png

Let's hope you're not a sore loser like your grunts!
Get ready to lose!

skiQCU1.png

B9aIeRd.png

acJPH3y.png

(May Ho-oh have mercy on me...)

U7rm62H.png

That's okay because...

j8iNR3Y.png

lZmkWLU.png

... Zubat was not the one I was afraid of.

S8Rxw8g.png

Time to execute my plan.

mytAY4V.png

EVPY5yN.png

First swap into Stella to get our first Intimidate drop.

JgBvLJe.png

FQn3CLJ.png

Then swap into Beau to get the second drop.

40rKJyH.png

bO8YJD2.png

UFoUIfr.png

Then bring out our good friend Bruce to take away that thing's chance to heal.

G8rrKv2.png

Neutralizing it.

e5vv6pQ.png

MwDGKyB.png

Finally bring in Shiva to take it out with a couple of super effective, STAB-boosted, defense lowering Rock Smashes.

HLb8PZU.png

PEwCLdU.png

Excellent work team.
That's what I like to call a clean win!

N7PFAlE.png

Naw it's okay, I just over-prepared.
If anything you should be proud at how terrified I am of your hell-beast!

R66PIZ0.png

Aw thanks Mars, I really enjoyed our battle too!
It really was a confidence booster after the tragedy that was our fight with Roark...

11o6ike.png

Oh god! I didn't even see him there!
I guess his name was Charon...
Wait a minute.

PlTF8S5.png

CdEmqx1.png

I was close I guess?

l2VvT8s.png

HMrwLzw.png

4NQhXCi.png

v87TMkj.png

phWPyTs.png

2ZLfvET.png

HbSQvFr.png

Yeah, you tell him Mars!
I really hate that guy...

RU6GfFc.png

Se ya around Mars!
It has genuinely been a pleasant encounter.

zaX2cB0.png

I don't know if it's just me, but I've always really like the three Commanders from Team Galactic.
They've always just seemed to have so much personality.

xJPALSL.png

Oh right the energy thing.
Like I said earlier, tons of electric Pokemon out there...

sb3aqiw.png

Yeah, they're not all that bright...

7j2GPBc.png

ABPKc7v.png

PiOr7AB.png

OEZJH2E.png

K4wFyPj.png

Yspbkvi.png

What a happy reunion!
I suppose I'll just be on my way...

wcby1CH.png

I'm just gonna use a quick Antidote on Dwayne and we'll get outta here!

ZuKTucT.png

sTosS29.png

Looker!
Hey buddy, you're never gonna guess what I just did...

enc3oav.png

qZMf9q3.png

No worries my man, already dealt with them.
I think my assistance deserves some sort of reward...

fWMMhVR.png

Hs6jM0F.png

cYfuGwd.png

Does he seriously not believe me!?

87cfgER.png

Of course it is.
Now give me a job!

ES3BlFH.png

jQQCzQR.png

You can't run from me forever police-boy!

C5MWgRb.png

I just realized that if I had waited to catch a Pokemon in this area I could have gotten a Drifloon.
Dammit!

0uGogXA.png

Alright, time to get a move on.

Wn1om2Z.png

WTjSmKw.png

I promise you that I will likely never be using this specific mechanic.

3y28J4i.png

Also we get a new catch here!
Let's see if we'll get a new party member!

KgdNwLx.png

Shellos, yes!

y9JgEwl.png

I am so happy to have a water type!

S0IepDI.png

Everyone meet Bean!
I was gonna name him Jelly Bean but I just decided to shorten it to Bean.
Quiet actually isn't the worst nature, so this is a pretty good catch.

uR73YPy.png

I went ahead and replaced Sparky with Bean.
I need a water type way more than I need two electric types.

C9mzuCw.png

I'm actually gonna cut away for a minute.
I need to train up Bean to the same level as the rest of the team, and I wanna get through the next route so I can take on the forest in this chapter.
See you all in a bit!

D9QQY51.png

ALulllA.png

Only interesting thing that happened was Bean learning Hidden Power.
It's rock type by the way. Since it's super effective against Starly, but neutral against Budew.

GivZEpB.png

Anyway, let's go ahead and get into Eterna Forest.

J2GembO.png

Okay, so I really hate going through new routes with a partner.
So here's what I'm gonna do.

i6hRwx4.png

I'll come back for a new catch after I'm done with Cheryl.

j2KzBHi.png

VXXo1ZU.png

Yeah yeah, nice to meet you.
I already know you want me to escort you through the forest, so let's just get this outta the way...

1WMqS3X.png

That's something that's mildly annoying in a nuzlocke, since if a Pokemon faints here and I forget to move it out of the front spot it'll waste a turn for me since I'll have to swap it out to send someone new in. Though I will admit the free healing is nice.
Honestly I'm probably the only person with this specific nitpick...
But I digress.
I don't think I'll lose anyone here, so let's just get a move on.

tlMNvxd.png

Ugh, first double battle of the forest.
Alright, let's get it over with.

kbpfqV0.png

Thank you very much!
Moving on.

gRXVaVD.png

I'm allowed to take some of the trainers in here on one at a time, so I won't be needing Cheryl for this one.

N690pW5.png

nAkSVMJ.png

Thank you, and done.

zyWgwRF.png

And done again.

xZRuHBo.png

Easy.

LQhQrI4.png

One more time, with feeling.

jYpLcPH.png

9n2EXMu.png

EbWMgkt.png

Thank you gentlemen!

ArJEqT4.png

I think you guys know how this is gonna go by now, so I'm just gonna skip to the end.

OVbYFt5.png

Okay there was only one forced double battle, so the forest was actually really easy.
Anyway, now we're rid of Cheryl so we can go get our catch.

hrlPco7.png

Almost forgot, she also gave me this which I'll be giving to Bruce.

aAiHbJ3.png

Also, quick note.
I'm gonna be saving my Old Chateau catch for later, since I don't know whether I'd rather have a Ghastly or a Rotom.
Basically if I want Rotom I can just use repels until I get to it, and if I want a Ghastly I can just wander around inside until I encounter one.
If you guys think I should catch one over the other please let me know your thoughts!

Q04E6iu.png

Hm, a Budew.
Not the worst thing in the world, but I don't think I'll be adding him to the team.
One friendship evolution is more than enough for right now...

EyQyqOQ.png

Easy catch.

4fsnq2t.png

Say bye to Dandy for now everyone, he's going to join Sparky in the box!

EDZGF8D.png

No catch here friends.
It's still Route 205, and that's where we caught Bean.

sJqFglE.png

Oh, and Shiva hit level nineteen while battling the couple of fishermen on this route.

kH08zLV.png

And we've finally arrived at Eterna City!
One quick thing before I end the episode.

UDIs9l5.png

My favorite Poketch app!

SQ8Js0n.png

Be free my children!

BTtqpKN.png

*sigh*
Bruce has a long way to go before we get a Crobat...
Alas my beloved viewers, that's all the time we have for today!
I hope you enjoyed the update, and in the next one we'll get into some shenanigans around Eterna City!

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It's time once again for an update!
We got quite a bit done in this chapter so buckle up and let's get into it!

m90bCZm.png

Alright everyone, first thing's first...

TLAJG83.png

Let's get the mining kit!

b2nO73d.png

Hello underground man!
Gimme a pickaxe.

sDzwp5H.png

He gave me the kit, but in exchange I gotta do a couple of things for him first.

AeZjRYP.png

The first mission is to go underground.

5mlqpGx.png

Let's go!!!

i0mw6Jp.png

Oh...
Guess we're not going underground after all...
Which means no fossils...
Why does life hate me?

WSDOqiU.png

I'm sorry underground man, I failed you...

o9qkLZe.png

Oh well.

H67r24a.png

Ah, I was wondering when we'd meet again...

of6ZMBS.png

Hey there Big B.
Enjoying a brisk run through the city?

n7l6a88.png

I mean, I guess I was?
But it's just because I know I need to in order to continue the game.

p1C3Qug.png

It's nice of Barry to slow down for us to walk with him though.
How gentlemanly!

3T4BrRT.png

Oh no...
It's the scientist man again...

frvaYXK.png

This statue is seriously cool though.
Depending on how you look at it you'll either be able to see Dialga or Palkia, which works really well for the two versions, and I'm genuinely impressed they were able to pull off the illusion!

LZj45iv.png

wiDnJ75.png

rfZum3U.png

gqHw7Wb.png

Cyrus, we have got to stop meeting like this...
You're gonna come off as some sort of weirdo if you keep this up.

gCIQpNb.png

See ya around Big Blue!

cDZQ85c.png

Hey.

YxeLmSS.png

I'm not sure whether I should say "you're welcome" or "I'm sorry."

2lMxTrc.png

Oh lord, I can't wait to hear this...

AribPou.png

UjY7Lf1.png

Good luck with that one Barry.

zMXkaiP.png

And just like that, he's gone again.

txSe4s9.png

Anyway, let's take a look at this statue.

zC98TLA.png

Oh boy, it's my favorite game.
Guess. That. BLANK SPACE!
Okay, let's give this a shot!

wCGE7pe.png

Oh. Right.
I forgot that the plate was torn off in Platinum, so you can't read the inscriptions...
And it even said that in the text box, didn't it?

Tr01dBF.png

I am really making a fool of myself this chapter aren't I?

LXUFKql.png

vvpCFAd.png

Here she is folks! The most terrifying champion to have ever existed!
Seriously though, I spent months as a kid just constantly trying to beat her.
Every morning when when I woke up I'd rush into the Elite Four and try to challenge her, then when she inevitably wiped the floor with me I'd spend my nights training or doing contests to de-stress from the loss I received earlier in the day.
When I finally beat her I remember running around the house in pure unbridled joy! I'm pretty sure my family thought I was insane...
But yeah, Cynthia is definitely the best champion in my book.

uV9zCqE.png

Cynthia you are a god walking amongst mortals right now, no need to act so humble.

PSxCojH.png

0apa9RM.png

SEipxl1.png

Yeah and it's broken.
Made me look like a fool in front of all my lovely viewers...

EICJ9zn.png

sc6y7x4.png

OX8kvDM.png

Maybe I'll meet some sort of third equivalent to what the statue is depicting eventually...
Who knows?

lW8EDvo.png

Thanks.
Although I do hate HMs, I do need to continue the story.

RByoFWM.png

91SeZ4e.png

Sure thing Cynthia.

CBUqMYN.png

1twHRCv.png

Welp.
I guess we should go get the next badge.

3mCPcNv.png

Hi!
Why are you standing outside your gym?

m9pQeP7.png

Yeah, that was my speedy blonde guy. Sorry about him...

ymEk2Xt.png

Oh?
Let me guess, he said something about me being "too slow?"

cEGvBfo.png

Well, I guess he didn't outright say I was slow...

ZZQsRB5.png

JcuUsdv.png

I was gonna do that anyway, there's no way I'm gonna waste all that delicious exp!
So can we get this show on the road?

O9P3BHn.png

4rc4VIQ.png

KPQqB0E.png

Hopefully this gym will go smoother than the last one...

4rKtIw2.png

Gym Guy!
How's it hanging?

ElCatph.png

I'm gonna tell you right now, he didn't hear a word you said.

2OvnTFq.png

jE86pLY.png

f9VhWoL.png

Hear you loud and clear good buddy!
Either burn her or peck her eyes out, can do!

lv3C0V7.png

Exp fodder number one, here we go!

3fSYweT.png

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure Bruce is gonna evolve soon, so I'm trying to train him a bit.

G3Pa816.png

XayFQrJ.png

W9iaEFi.png

Cool gym puzzle, but weird theme.
Not too sure what clocks have to do with plants but I also don't care enough to look into it.

BZ4k6pW.png

Anyway, next!

3pdz9qS.png

He hit twenty!
Was it twenty that Zubat evolves to Golbat?

qjNppEL.png

pSF9GVc.png

TICaJo5.png

vlKasJa.png

BFuwjr8.png

I guess it wasn't level twenty?
Oh well, it should still be coming up here pretty soon.

2rgIssC.png

Last trainer.
Let's finish this up!

kzJsBBT.png

Done.
(Also sorry about the weird screenshot...)

3xN3j9I.png

8k94UN7.png

Td3BgUP.png

TTWbdwf.png

HRsuAbV.png

MhOJoUV.png

So, I can go challenge Gardenia now, but I actually wanna go heal first.
I'll be right back!

0bZcxXu.png

I'm a little nervous but we have two flying types, and one of them is half poison!
We should be fine!

jDgnq3V.png

Sorry, had to heal.

PvN1ANq.png

8DK8fwD.png

ISmjaZ1.png

sBWDbKZ.png

You were absolutely correct!
My winning aura shines as bright as the sun, so get ready to burn!

bNj19s1.png

jzSERP7.png

VCamneF.png

Oh no!
Red's come back from the grave to haunt me!
I'm so sorry little buddy...

sS0UyhB.png

That's not good!
Not only is Gardenia's team higher leveled than I thought they would be, now she's got Reflect up!
All of my flying type moves are physical!

dBuspkb.png

aDOQAAU.png

At least the Turtwig's gone now.
Bruce should be able to handle this Cherrim...

pKpllbc.png

That's not good...

J2mHPcQ.png

THAT'S REALLY NOT GOOD!
Pluck did nothing!

3gTmFpv.png

I think I'm gonna swap to someone else and then bring Bruce right back out.
This'll get rid of Leech Seed and waste some of Reflect's turns.

rtUmEOx.png

g2tc5u7.png

That sure does a chunk of damage for being not very effective!

ffFATTW.png

Oh you have got to be kidding me!
I swap back to Bruce and instantly get hit with another Leech Seed!
At least Reflect's gone...

mhWpYH3.png

yp7JbB4.png

I'm not too worried about Safeguard and Pluck's doing more damage now, but I think I'm gonna swap to some one else in order to heal up and get rid of Leech Seed again.

jQGi00c.png

You'll only be out for a sec Shiva!

xbXhuIF.png

Okay...
One Magical Leaf does a lot, so I'm gonna try and heal her to see if Cherrim will go for Leech Seed instead.
That way I'll get a free swap in to Bruce...

Tg13ZPj.png

OH NO!

O93jfTR.png

N43nRr4.png

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!
That's two Pokemon I've lost to criticals, and both were against gym leaders!

tvKswAs.png

Bruce should be able to finish things here...

sqtDk2g.png

I hate everyone and everything.

dnjQQd0.png

Finally!

GlzGOV5.png

I am so scared right now.
I'm gonna heal and then go for a Pluck to get that thing's berry off of it.

6rSOBPb.png

Thank whatever god is looking down upon me!
That thing can barely touch Bruce.

mEIKNWQ.png

HYdQhK6.png

hEC2LF1.png

9U0TGZb.png

This is it...
We're in the home stretch!

Hs0cELO.png

rm5U7DQ.png

h47nwyv.png

eDr3DNm.png

KIzzrjD.png

96KDxWD.png

We did it!
Bruce my boy, I'm so proud of you!

FRoVM7J.png

m0vtVv9.png

Thanks Gardenia.
You might have killed my Machop, but that was a really good battle.

Bl5sWGm.png

9NCapjk.png

We can also use Cut out of battle now.

9SVze5I.png

hIPNErr.png

DaxSeqR.png

I'm not sure if I'll ever use this, but thanks anyway.

QbsR4BK.png

jhRxbLN.png

Now we're free to leave.

I2cQfoZ.png

Let's go lay Shiva to rest...

oInieQY.png

Rest in peace Shiva.
You had a pretty sucky nature, but you were still a pretty good team member.
I really thought she'd go for Leech Seed, and I just wasn't expecting that critical...
I'd like to think it was the free switch that her death gave us that earned us the win, so this one's for you my friend.

2dFF3y5.png

Before we go fight Team Galactic again I wanna head east.
There's an area where we can catch a new Pokemon and I want to see if my options over there are better than what I have in my box.

j1n1XOS.png

Alright, Route 211.
Let's see what we get...

5WHyoAp.png

Fate is cruel and life hates me.

nuKlwaz.png

That's okay though cause I get one more shot at a new catch inside Mt. Coronet!

ugRDkCG.png

Right after I beat this guy...

LnL2hwy.png

G6WBz0P.png

Done.
Now we can go in the mountain!

XI5nmN1.png

Please give me something good...

YHTwA2h.png

... Today is just not my day is it?

FvdAbDG.png

You know what fine!
I'll just work with what I have for now!
I am gonna go train up a bit before taking on Team Galactic though, so I'll see you guys in a bit!

sHxvHlO.png

Okay, so... right off the bat you guys can probably tell that some stuff has changed.
I may have over-trained a bit...
Anyway, I'll put all the stuff that happened during training in the spoiler.

ipbvb3A.png

KggGHOZ.png

r1zM0SB.png

BXOvUED.png

I taught Dwayne Rock Smash since Shiva's dead, and Sparky Cut since that's the only reason I'm bringing him along.

nDh3KAh.png

ygG4h38.png

Before I get into the interesting stuff, I taught Bean Rain Dance.
I figured it might come in handy someday.

eh6rcPb.png

R3OcT9b.png

qbZjpTB.png

UophMJ1.png

CEPgjqP.png

Bruce evolved, but he didn't just evolve once...

D27eee6.png

3MYB6MB.png

sjgLpku.png

74FpqbA.png

Wss1iKq.png

Our little alpha bat went and evolved again shortly after!
Today really is Bruce's day!

tjinky6.png

fQn1pBP.png

I also opted to have Dwayne learn Rock Blast.
You never know when I'll feel like taking a risk...

eS2zYFx.png

MDY12Zh.png

NHT3RvU.png

i7NhxSj.png

ZWIvPVj.png

Dwayne evolved too!
I'm not sure if we'll be able to get him to Golem though...
I looked around online to see if there was any way to do it, but the only way I found seemed a little... cheaty.
If anyone knows of a way to do a trade through emulators, please let me know!

cI8ByTN.png

2zkFDvx.png

And here's our boys!
I honestly wasn't expecting to get myself a Crobat today, but I'm not gonna complain!

9ikQRYM.png

jkScoCr.png

av8ix9X.png

J3wLJDa.png

Also, I got the underground to work!
So we're gonna do some stuff down here before taking on Team Galactic.

RSWQn2T.png

First let's let the old man know we did what he asked us to do.

DIr3RXK.png

61Xr6CK.png

Xhhq4Q3.png

He gave us some traps and the asked us to dig up some treasure for him!

m8BpnKY.png

I don't know if any of you ever played a game called "Spectrobes" but I just wanted to say that digging around underground for treasure in the Sinnoh games always reminded me of how you would search for fossils in Spectrobes.
Maybe it's just because Spectrobes came out in the U.S. shortly before Diamond and Pearl did, so I just equate the two for some reason...

trc2d0T.png

Anyway, looks like there's some treasure up north so let's go grab it!
With any luck we'll find a fossil!
Also just a note, I'm only allowing myself to revive the first fossil I find, and it'll count as my catch for Oreburgh City.

RgWWMyz.png

Oh shi-

KijKCRm.png

Ow.
I forgot to look for traps...

9Nj7yYs.png

Found another trap as well as some sweet delicious treasure!

t737nNf.png

Let's see what we'll find~

D4paXqw.png

I've always enjoyed excavating mini games in video games.
Like I stated earlier I played a ton as Spectrobes as a kid, and when I got a bit older I was obsessed with Fossil Fighters.
I guess my point is that I really like the digging for treasure aspect of the underground and I wish it stuck around longer in Pokemon.
I am really happy that a lot of fan-game developers seem to like to include it in their projects though!

ncEjZrY.png

Today has been a roller coaster!
It started with everything going wrong, but now I'm gonna get a Shieldon!
It's no Cranidos, but I won't argue with getting a little tanky friend.

qFaZU23.png

Our next job was bury one of those spheres we dug up.
Easy!

UxiajBX.png

z9LmsXH.png

Now we finally get to build ourselves a secret base!
These secret bases aren't as cool as the ones from gen 3 since they're not in the overworld, but it's still pretty fun to make and decorate them.
I think right here's a pretty good spot.

HWgENu3.png

Not too bad.
The rocks are a little annoying, but I can work with them.

WZgxOJW.png

The final mission was to decorate our base!
It's not much, but it feels a little bit homier now.
Let's go see what our final reward is!

sMrvFqf.png

Kga7CiX.png

mpZyCmQ.png

VIZJfmI.png

Oh.
It's a doll representing your starter...
That doesn't rub salt in the wound at all.

HV7cDnk.png

One last pit stop, then I promise we'll go fight Galactic.
I just want to go revive my Shieldon so I can train him up to use in-between updates.
Brb.

pLIUx43.png

Everyone meet Aegis!
His nature isn't the best, but I can work with it.
I'll be adding him to the team in the next update, hopefully he'll be with us for quite some time!

yBCMYM9.png

Let's go take care of Team Galactic now!

v9eA1UL.png

Wow! That's a really good disguise Looker.
But I don't need a disguise, I'm just gonna rip everyone in here apart.

PiN5vIy.png

Not for long pal, I'm coming for your job!

4rfxvOq.png

Flattery will get you absolutely everywhere with me sir.

lVtKGAC.png

eQ4SSNP.png

RPhKEJY.png

9YYprSx.png

9tqy0CG.png

Ha. Even Looker knows these guys aren't all that bright.
Seriously though, the stairs they're not guarding are the fake ones.
I'm still going up both of them though cause I think there's items up the fake ones...

6btNCOy.png

Or maybe the stairs they aren't guarding are the correct ones?
These guys are dumber than I though!

hJNYDyC.png

Well guess what I'm doing first!

X9gkFxx.png

4tGUix1.png

TkgCyb7.png

Morons.

75PWv8j.png

Oh look, more free exp!

PYgGA9Z.png

Thanks pal!
(I think I may have over-grinded a little...)

QIjXC4w.png

Oh nice, some speed!

qZAnN0V.png

Okay, let's go up the correct staircase this time.

Kq1MgvQ.png

That's nice.
I'll be taking your exp now!

rz67VD8.png

laamfOz.png

He wasn't even a trainer...

nfVlppr.png

This is the right staircase, which means I'm gonna go up the other one first.

OGI1Qiv.png

Also Beau leveled up from fighting one of the grunts at the computers.

tClfEpE.png

No, thank you.
This is some really delicious experience you're giving my Pokemon!

T2Ukj7g.png

I think these sets of stairs are the last ones, so I'm just gonna skip ahead to the Commander!

cQgFqyW.png

This top room is seriously awesome...
Oh look, it's the bicycle guy!

2sbmtRN.png

Yeah, I really just want a bike so I can leave this city...

FbeWPqg.png

Oh yeah, that too I guess.

4basSQv.png

ZLULfxa.png

fNNUJXH.png

Maybe I'm just feeling cocky right now, but I'm not as afraid of Jupiter as I was of Mars.
I know her Skuntank can be a killer, but I'm actually feeling pretty confident!

msmeO2y.png

Either way, Zubat's gone.

HWdJDFC.png

And here's the big girl.
I don't know if I'm alone in this, but Stunky and Skuntank are two of my favorite poison type Pokemon!
I just think they're really cute personally, I remember using one in my original Diamond run through and she was pretty tough!

5YVo2tg.png

Anyway, I wanna bring down it's attack before switching into Dwayne.

DFenKCf.png

Eh, that's okay.

B0aelFg.png

MAiUbQG.png

Okay, that's kinda scary!
Sturdy isn't good in this generation, so I need to bring this thing down fast!

APpNTLK.png

Please be a high number...

Z1pWfL0.png

Yes!!!

DH7moSP.png

EKEWwmG.png

94MmOGc.png

All's well that ends well...

yeMeTJ4.png

Survey says yes!

TeC6CGM.png

erpjAj5.png

Lg9OURe.png

NWoav1P.png

znXyHPR.png

SS67teX.png

vFLP65s.png

Okay, bye Jupiter!
Tell Mars I said hi!

0jc4Zfp.png

That's great man!
Give me a bike.

3uupvzf.png

Dude, it's just their aesthetic. I mean, just look at this place!
I don't think there was any other reason for them wanting your Clefairy other than that.

0A4DfoO.png

That we can agree on!

R33YeZ7.png

Finally, bike time.

837MaBv.png

yJemv4x.png

Oh hey Cynthia!
Thanks for giving me Cut!
I used it to get a free bike.

uVPlnbS.png

mhrSpbQ.png

I forgot you got the Togepi egg this early.
I mean I'll take it, but I'm not gonna bother hatching it yet.

7A1sq9d.png

Oops, forgot you need a free space for it.

xaV8STj.png

Thanks for helping out Sparky, and I'll be back for you soon Aegis.

s42bjiQ.png

It is wonderful isn't it?
What are we talking about?

HAZexaB.png

Oh right, the egg.
Gimme!

2Q0RYe5.png

cvWrkYC.png

oLGeCvd.png

LisZRxF.png

EqcH1Aa.png

Thanks Cynthia!
Togekiss are actually really good Pokemon. I should know; I've trained up a competitive one and he's terrifying.
But I have too many flying types already, so it'll have to be boxed for now.

IJ5DcQf.png

I've paid my dues, now give me my free bike!

LmC25qA.png

Woo! Bike get!

sh1giBV.png

Now that we have our bike, I'm gonna leave it here for today!
I hope you all enjoyed this extra long chapter, I just really wanted to get all the Eterna stuff out of the way in one go.
I'll see you all next time when we start to make our way to Hearthome, and maybe if we're lucky and Rayquaza smiles upon us I'll be able to add a certain land-shark dragon type to my party...
But you're all just gonna have to tune in next time to find out!
See ya soon!

hjyboy1218

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 5, 2020
Unfortunately there isn't any way to trade through emulators. But, don't feel guilty about using that 'cheaty' way. You can just set graveller to evolve at a specific level(40 or so?) which isn't so illlegal.

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I've had a pretty busy couple of days, so I wasn't able to play for quite some time. (studying for midterms is hell...) But I'm back now!
So here's another update for all you wonderful people!

@hjyboy1218
Yeah, I figured there probably wasn't any way to evolve Dwayne the right way, but I figured that I could have just overlooked something so it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I'll probably just use the "cheaty" way if Dwayne survives long enough, and I agree he should probably be somewhere around level fourty first...
Thanks so much for your reply, and I hope you're enjoying the run!

F8ZzRb9.png

Here's the new team! It was a pain to train Aegis but I'm hoping it'll be worth it.
Either way, everyone's all trained up and we're ready to move out!
As always, any interesting stuff that happened during grinding is in the spoiler.

Tx8vxLa.png

NjPWQOK.png

Aegis doesn't learn any good rock type moves for a while, so I went ahead and taught him Rock Tomb.
Also you guys probably noticed I have the Togepi egg on the team.
I figured the perfect time to try and hatch it would be while I was training Aegis!

GDUzLWb.png

tFGnRbc.png

LdpPqhY.png

igEe2Ok.png

And it was!
Togepi emerged from the egg and was immediately deposited into the box.

TWzxwg2.png

For those of you that are curious, here's Scramble!
He's timid, which is an amazing nature for a Togekiss!
And upon double-checking...

yn2Neep.jpg

Scramble actually has the same nature as my Togekiss that I mentioned last time!
Should of named him Icarus Jr...
Anyway! Those were the only interesting things that happened during training!

wz42dBv.png

Anyway, let's get a move on!

GCjN3Qy.png

Hi!
Who are you?

blA3h2m.png

on49SDj.png

Oh, so you're the one responsible for Lucas' existence!
Why are you talking to me?

Fxc156e.png

Uhh... a few?
It's a nuzlocke and my rules make my possible catches even more limited!

guDt6Pu.png

Oh right!
They just count how many you've seen, not how many you've caught in Platinum.
That's a weight off my shoulders!

T6aNPkS.png

B7djnwO.png

wXoJwQS.png

Cool, this'll make it easier to train my Pokemon.
I don't hate the exp share as an item; I just hate when it's forced on me with no way to turn it off!

90Xcytk.png

Alright, cycling road here we come!

Nqc9yTD.png

Once we get past cycling road we'll be able to try for a couple of new catches, so let's get through this!

AxqS0oi.png

D5gVE5Y.png

Pikachu's always been my favorite Pokemon (as you can probably tell!), but I can't really say that to people. That's why I always tell people my favorite Pokemon is one of the other Pokemon I really like, such as Breloom or Garchomp.
I mean, I understand why people don't tend to believe you're actually a Pokemon fan when you say your favorite Pokemon is Pikachu. It's like saying your favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla - it's boring and overrated.
But I've loved this stupid yellow rat since I was like three, and I don't ever think that'll ever change!
Okay, rant over. Moving on.

vfwJwZP.png

Asshole!
Electric types shouldn't be allowed to paralyze other electric types!

oTUyvRV.png

Now I'm gonna have to head back and heal Beau...

3qwqrhX.png

All healed up and we're back.
Oh no! And this Staravia has Intimidate.
Whatever shall we do!?

VF2RdhC.png

Oh, right. It doesn't matter!
No one can can defeat our boy Beau!

OTx3xA1.png

*sigh*
If only I had a Ponyta...
Don't get me wrong! Shiva was a pretty good teammate, but I still really want a fire type...

qrW6KAX.png

WHY DID IT DO SO MUCH DAMAGE?!
It got a crit and burned Beau!
Why am I getting hit by so many crits this run!

Rcojxsc.png

There, it's gone.

B1a6GNk.png

Whatever dude. Just keep your demon horse away from me!

L2uw6Ed.png

Wait... no!
I didn't notice I was still rolling down the hill!
I haven't healed Beau yet...

ytSd77F.png

I don't care that it's just a Starly, I am not risking Beau!

XCNpvs0.png

Dwayne can have some time to shine.

XteQFaB.png

Easy.

zMOZ1L5.png

Sweet baby Suicune, it used Endeavor!
At least it's over now...

hlWALIt.png

I almost let myself keep rolling again, but I'm not gonna let that happen twice!
I am going back to the Pokemon Center!

2siPCGh.png

Okay, all good.
Back on the road!

aDfWxeH.png

Alas, I don't think these can be called "epic Shinx face offs" anymore...
Now they're just called "a massacre."

jIUlA2l.png

1dAv0vO.png

Coward!
Face your betters with some courage!

ZeMe8ML.png

Nh5Gspo.png

Oh well, still ends the same after-all.

HmujpaB.png

KVqoUrV.png

qmaBbOJ.png

BUUPBJw.png

Done with you.
Only one trainer left to go!

xDlZ4cY.png

ZN8MCxG.png

Oh right, this is the first time you see a female Pikachu in Sinnoh!
When I first saw that female Pikachu had heart-tails as a kid I thought it was just some sort of new special Pikachu, and remember being really excited to try catch one of my own!
Then when I realized it was just something to differentiate female Pikachu from male Pikachu, all the excitement was replaced by annoyance. I really liked the regular Pikachu tail and wasn't happy about this new permanent change to my favorite Pokemon.
Of course nowadays I couldn't care less, but I just wanted to share my childhood thoughts on the new "heart-tailed" Pikachu with you all.

pnP1gVs.png

And we're done with the cycling road!
Hooray!

zDXHCV3.png

We're free of the devil road!
Let's go try and catch a new teammate.

EV6Ug4x.png

I... forgot you need Cut here...
Guess I have to go grab Sparky real quick.

HZ2MvMC.png

wCmjvYu.png

There!
Fingers crossed we get something good...

4nkTu20.png

I have never had such bad luck with dupes before!
Is this punishment for all my previous nuzlockes were I broke the rules!?
Why is the RNG torturing me!?

jlSQQAv.png

It's fine.
I still have my catch for Wayward Cave, and if I'm lucky I'll be able to catch one of my favorite Pokemon in there...

FxOdUIW.png

The secret entrance should be right around here...
This entrance to Wayward Cave is the only place where you can find Gible!
Wish me luck folks! I have a feeling I'm gonna need it...

JmP9v1l.png

Please... just let me have this one thing...

w7PlxOu.png

YES!!!
There he is, our new son!
I love all dragon type Pokemon, but Garchomp is by far my favorite!
Maybe the RNG doesn't hate me as much as I thought...

CIJDx8j.png

Do not screw this up for us Bruce...

Bh85k97.png

WE DID IT!
Sorry I didn't get a screenshot of the catch itself though...
It came down to the wire (he kept using Take Down) so I got anxious and used the speed up button to get through the ball wiggles, and unfortunately skipped right past the ball click.

SvwEk90.png

Meet Chewy the Third! Lax is an... okay nature I suppose...
He's the third in my line of Garchomps; who are all named Chewy. First was the Garchomp I used in my original run of Platinum - she was easily the strongest on that team, then there's my competitive Garchomp who's currently stuck in Ultra Sun - although I'll be able to bring him to Sword soon, and now there's this little guy!
I don't know if I'll keep the roman numerals at the end of his name, but I decided to add them for now.
Anyway, I'm gonna train him up and add him to the team. See you all in a bit!

DXjPptR.png

Chewy has officially been added to the team!
I decided to let Dwayne rest for a while since I think having three ground types on the team would just be asking for a disaster.
As you can see Chewy also evolved during training, and anything else interesting enough to be mentioned is down in the spoiler.

WBv24dY.png

Q2czSas.png

I figured Sand Tomb could come in handy, so I had Chewy learn it over Sand Attack.

GzUQtD9.png

KeLrL0Q.png

ipRaLBf.png

cW4bWaj.png

WpTS7gC.png

Shortly after that our little guy evolved!
I honestly forgot how early Gible evolves into Gabite.

z0KlUB1.png

Now that I have an amazing new team member, let's keep going towards Hearthome!

2hgRlko.png

Hm, a double battle opportunity...
You know what? I'm feeling daring, let's take on the challenge!

99sMj9b.png

Bruce and Chewy should be able to handle this no problem!
I also just wanted to say that our team is really coming together. I mean, just look at these two powerhouses on the field!

L0VDolh.png

SVfJ89d.png

Done and done.
Nothing to fear here!

G0TBwHK.png

I'm gonna go ahead and wipe out the rest of the trainers on the route real quick.
See you guys at the entrance to Mt. Coronet!

Mr4LRPj.png

Bruce got to level twenty six and Bean was almost taken out by a Geodude's Magnitude, but other than that there wasn't any problems!

tQd11Fk.png

Let's just get through the mountain and get to Hearthome City.

UQUokQV.png

nVCOZfE.png

I was hoping my memory was wrong but no, I do in fact have to deal with Lucas before getting to continue...
Great...

jPKXCSm.png

Hey don't worry Lucas!
You should just embrace your mediocrity!

uKsXaI6.png

56D5bJT.png

I've always picked the left one here.
It's literally just because I'm left-handed by the way.

JCD2eMF.png

Yes I absolutely do!
Give it to me!

mwHVoxc.png

zORTNna.png

Now I have access to infinite money and better grinding options!

jaxHvA0.png

Of course I do.
The owner of the company wouldn't have let me leave Jubilife without talking to his strange quiz clowns...

2bzSsgq.png

n1phRyt.png

UuoXOWL.png

Aw, thanks Lucas!
Maybe I was wrong about you...

pqVoHfL.png

raGjWAU.png

See ya around Lucas!
He's still pretty annoying, but he can be alright sometimes.

apRHIhg.png

I already lost my catch here, so we're just gonna keep moving along.

vXZLFPJ.png

Dear lord man!
You came outta nowhere!

LSMgbjH.png

enkVAUP.png

s0vrRLD.png

wvpmLeL.png

LQaOLsa.png

I don't know!
How in the world do we keep running into each other like this!?

3zyG9rm.png

Zv1x9ER.png

kbVQMB5.png

1vK4R46.png

773o4Wz.png

Did... did he seriously just monologue at me and then walk away?
What a strange guy...

4xmWBWa.png

Anyway!
The exit's right here so let's just... go.

RPyNJGD.png

Route 208!
We get a chance to catch something new here.
Let's hope it's something good!

9lzY4Ij.png

There were a couple of trainers so Bean managed to gain a level from knocking out a guy's Nosepass.

PxeZ8Wy.png

Let's see what we'll find here!

Qh9bSGX.png

Huh, that's not bad I guess? At least he's something new.
Bibarel are pretty bulky and he could be a pretty good HM slave.

hp9wAiL.png

He started using Rollout so I threw a ball in panic...

qYUJurG.png

Everyone say hello as well as goodbye to Glue, as he's going in the box!
No, there's no specific reason I named him Glue.

pBoE6gn.png

f5glonU.png

d9wX0j5.png

Also Bruce leveled up and learned Air Cutter thanks to the rest of the trainers on this route!

oXybPyM.png

Now let's finally get into Hearthome City!

Vf8YmDZ.png

7KDp3F8.png

Lady you need to keep that thing on a leash!

0DOKF19.png

sOjVQF2.png

*gasp*
You just reminded me!
It's time...

vTmyMb5.png

Oh don't worry, I will absolutely be dropping by the Contest Hall!

69eaZEQ.png

I was gonna end the chapter here, but I think I'm gonna do one more thing first...

lC2JA5Y.png

Contest time!
Before I end this update I wanna get at least one contest in!
Contests weren't the best gimmick in Pokemon (I would argue that it was Pokestar Studios) but they were something I spent a lot of time on in my youth, so they hold a special place in my heart.

luwaHyd.png

6cLHjr4.png

Hello mother!
Turns out dear ol' mom here used to be quite a contest star back in her day.

pC9KnBE.png

guXKiBT.png

Mother dearest also told us that we're dressed like a street-rat and gave us something a little more glamorous to wear.
Now I'm not normally one to get all dressed up in frilly clothes, but I'll make an exception this once!

aQVWHEu.png

sMAOkaM.png

zddKMpk.png

DaFZu4K.png

XP7tqo2.png

yDgStDa.png

Fantina the Gym Leader was also here, and If I'm remembering correctly you actually face her in the higher contest ranks as well!
She's heading back to her gym now though, so we'll be all set to fight her in the next chapter.
Now let's see who we should use for a contest...

57ER5sf.png

Definitely not Bruce. His move-pool is too varied.

TvnKcsX.png

Bean could work for a smart contest...

WDhg7BN.png

Stella could really excel in a cool contest!

5uCWTJt.png

Chewy could do well in a tough contest...

JAEjpLI.png

Aegis could do pretty well in either a smart or a tough contest!

yY8akiT.png

And Beau would do alright in a tough contest!
Hm...
In fact I think I'll go with Beau, as he's been with us the longest and I think he deserves a chance to shine!

B7OAVLr.png

First though, we need to make some poffins!

YLxtMFr.png

BBNR1yG.png

I forgot to grab the Poffin Case...
Now we can go make some poffins!

XEvNoHI.png

Poffin time!

zMl6x5J.png

I hope I remember how to do this...

7R7wTDq.png

That was kinda difficult to do with a mouse...
And it's not the flavor I needed!

JWGZBNr.png

Second try, here we go!

ucidR5n.png

Why is this so hard!?

TCyvKPh.png

One more try!

XYwiDL3.png

I used my drawing tablet this time and it was a bit easier, but it still wasn't the flavor I needed!

CEElaYF.png

I'm giving up on poffins for now!
You don't really need them for just the first contest level anyway.
What you do need though is accessories, and there's two ways to get them!

nQrIV0o.png

The first way is here, back in Floaroma Town!
Yes I backtracked just to get some accessories, leave me alone.

0hWvhNg.png

We can't get a whole bunch here, but we can get a few things.

oGvGdmZ.png

Now that we got a few flowers let's head back to Hearthome for the second way to get accessories!

Y7qFJuN.png

Here's the second way!
If you go on a walk with your Pokemon sometimes they'll find an accessory!

9CTQ3kT.png

qOZNaKE.png

Excuse me! My Pokemon are adorable!
Fine, I'll go get Sparky...

oZ8aw74.png

Yes please...

EVaZuCM.png

Me and Sparky are gonna go run around for a bit and gather some stuff.
We'll check back with you all in a bit!

Z09hXZl.png

I eventually just kept finding the same things over and over, but we did find a few new things before that!
Let's go give this contest a try now!

i2Zsh7y.png

Alright, we got this Beau!

2rrWYeZ.png

3vUNTdB.png

zWCNBew.png

0A48vJQ.png

Yeah I'm sure we all know what's going on, let's just get to the action!

FuBmxzA.png

YxMaDn2.png

JD7XIKF.png

Natural? We've got this in the bag!

7chhOwQ.png

Let's see the competition...

7c7TW5Q.png

Alright, not bad. I like the cones.

TZ3UcdV.png

Interesting! Wouldn't say it's very naturey though...

bdFJ48k.png

Aw, this is pretty cute. It looks like he's holding a mushroom!

nD1LOIu.png

Here's our boy! I was going for a 'cool nature guy' sorta look.

7z3ynMZ.png

I don't think I'm ready for this part!

Qu92QVm.png

2CjaMGH.png

The dancing portion of the contest is basically a matching/rhythm game, which I suck at.

raI83Bg.png

Here we go...

RzqjlHl.png

Oh? Maybe this won't be too hard!

BifwqV1.png

I was wrong!
It's much harder to do this with a mouse than with a stylus!

Ehx91CU.png

I don't think I did very good...

ki4YUmF.png

Yeah, I didn't think we'd be in first...

fwvwnE0.png

Third's actually not that bad though!

hVn9qSJ.png

This last round is basically who can get more points by using moves that match the contest theme.
Beau's got two pretty good tough moves, so as long as everyone else sucks we still have a chance to win this!

1zfttU5.png

Also, if you manage to preform to a judge that has their voltage up all the way then you'll get more points.

BSzyK4J.png

khH8ri3.png

6PMNaHV.png

Whenever you perform a matching move for a judge their voltage will go up, so there's a bit of strategy required for picking a judge to perform for.

24lsCea.png

XjSJtyD.png

Also, if you're the only to have performed for a specific judge you'll get more points!

pyEIwRI.png

It's pretty much gonna be the same thing from here on out, so I'll come back to you all with the results!

KKBfDlZ.png

GXh2ELw.png

4BVSBve.png

VhWlHUk.png

Thought you all would like to see the final round.
I think we did pretty good!

U58a8NF.png

Dqc8iOw.png

We probably fell a bit short in the dancing section, but I feel like we still did pretty good overall!

FnMNqoi.png

It's time...

9kUrspC.png

That looks about right. Everyone pretty much got the same amount of points.

CavYhOF.png

Yeah we did pretty bad in the dancing round...

lWvdiAL.png

But we absolutely dominated the acting round!
I think we won!

E8TJj8C.png

1gQK1wA.png

WE DID WIN!!!

pdgRY4m.png

Thank you, my adoring audience!

pJL5WfO.png

He's the best little Luxio and he deserves all the love!

w8F0GPr.png

oNBJJwV.png

Thank you! That belongs to my boy.

eXeZP9w.png

Victory feels so sweet.

77DEmVp.png

There he is.
Immortalized forever here in the contest hall.

9uQIN2s.png

And of course he's got his special ribbon now too!

9NsMQOj.png

That was a lot of fun, but I think I'm going to say goodbye to you all for now.
Next time we'll explore around Hearthome some more and take on the gym leader!
See ya'll soon!

Actually, one more thing.
I decided to sketch Beau with his new bow. Feel free to take a look if you like!

cOgJupQ.png

He looks so dapper now!

Okay, I'm actually done this time my friends, see you all next time!

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
Pikachu's always been my favorite Pokemon (as you can probably tell!), but I can't really say that to people. That's why I always tell people my favorite Pokemon is one of the other Pokemon I really like, such as Breloom or Garchomp.
I mean, I understand why people don't tend to believe you're actually a Pokemon fan when you say your favorite Pokemon is Pikachu. It's like saying your favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla - it's boring and overrated.
But I've loved this stupid yellow rat since I was like three, and I don't ever think that'll ever change!
Okay, rant over. Moving on.
As someone who likes Charizard, I understand. As someone who likes basically every Johto Pokemon ever, I have the opposite problem.

Did... did he seriously just monologue at me and then walk away?
What a strange guy...
Villain Handbook 101: After delivering dramatic monologue while looking into the middle distance, walk away calmly, leaving your future opponent to ponder your words.

He looks so dapper now!
A proper gentleman.

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Hello once again my dear friends! I bring you the offering of yet another update.
I hope you all enjoy!

@Electro

Hi there!
As someone who likes Charizard, I understand. As someone who likes basically every Johto Pokemon ever, I have the opposite problem.
Nice to see a fellow Charizard lover! Poor Charizard gets a lot of hate nowadays, although I do understand why...
Villain Handbook 101: After delivering dramatic monologue while looking into the middle distance, walk away calmly, leaving your future opponent to ponder your words.
Okay I get it, he's just doing his villain thing. But if I'm forced to listen to someone rant about their crazy thoughts they can at least have the decency to let me reply before they wander off!
A proper gentleman.
Ah, I'm glad we agree! He is truly a member of high society now.

I appreciate that you decided to check out my run, and I'm glad to have you along for this wild ride!

TFXrsJ2.png

So... I'm actually really afraid of Fantina, so I went ahead and trained up the team a bit.
Also, Bruce is now holding an Amulet Coin and Beau's holding a Shell Bell.
Grinding stuff is in the spoiler, as always.

yYS1pAk.png

vSwxmDm.png

I was tired of recoil damage so I went ahead and swapped Take Down for Secret Power.

PyXEgLc.png

Kxlst0c.png

Speaking of recoil, I got rid of Take Down on Chewy as well and gave him Slash instead.

T1DMRWZ.png

nQ0Hsum.png

Stella forgot Wing Attack and learned Aerial Ace, since it's a guaranteed hit.

ZsLfVTO.png

S7qgdA2.png

And finally I had Aegis learn Ancient Power over Metal Sound.

bqHtRLh.png

Before we take on the gym though, there is one thing I wanna do here real quick...

8hMCKEv.png

There she is! The Eevee lady.
She works on the PC system too, but that's not as important as giving out free Eevees to random trainers that walk into her home.

3oBNaEZ.png

hpx97Mc.png

Yes I am, and it's nice to meet you.
Now give me your magical morphing fox!

fhRp8R2.png

YES!
Give to me the tiny fluffy ball of possibilities!

IgKXu89.png

UtB5a7V.png

Drats!
Foiled again by having a full team!
I'll be right back...

2YW48WD.png

7HMinzi.png

I think she's talking about Bill, which is pretty cool foreshadowing for HeartGold and SoulSilver!

qXAd9Fv.png

uTL0dtq.png

Yay!
I love Eevee so much, and all of it's evolutions are really great! (except maybe Flareon...)

rnegINz.png

Everyone say hi to Mystery the Eevee!
His name's Mystery because it's a mystery of what he'll evolve into.
Although his nature is Lax, so evolving him into one of the bulkier Eevelutions might be a good idea...
But we'll cross that road if we get to it, right now he's just going in the box!

605DCy9.png

Okay... let's give this a shot...
If I go down hard in this gym, just know that it's been a great ride.

Mogb5MJ.png

Hey there Gym Guy!
Weird to see you actually approach me for once...

8sz4BeN.png

b03bui8.png

qoDz1Ix.png

Well that's nice of you, thanks for the flashlight.
I can use it to discombobulate my foes!

AQ9itD7.png

CVs8XWz.png

That's cool. I was planning on battling everyone anyway.
I'm gonna be the hunter this time!

myIa7l7.png

uXFO76i.png

ywNGrFS.png

XpPhtJX.png

XpPhtJX.png

GS8m2Ty.png

Yh3HTNc.png

Guess he's not gonna tell me how to handle ghost types?
It's not a big deal either way, I know they're weak to dark types and both Beau and Bruce know Bite so we should be okay.
Anyway, the puzzle's not that hard if you're not worried about battling trainers, so let's get this done!

Be86y0B.png

Oooh, spooky.
Perfect gym to take on during this time of year!

1ixoHN5.png

I mean... I snuck up behind you.
So if anyone should be scared it should be you!

lNg1KHr.png

That battle was easy, and Beau leveled up as well.
I don't have a screenshot of the level up though because I'm an idiot...
Now if you could move please, I need to see what shape that is!

ZTOs3DZ.png

Okay, she moved eventually and I saw a square.
Before I open a door though I wanna take out this other trainer.

JduxVEA.png

Yes I am. They're right there!
I think you might need glasses my friend because your depth-perception is just a bit off.

uf7hX0t.png

Now that we've cleared out the trainers in here we can move on!

S3ica3Q.png

Square was indeed the correct door.
Now let's hunt down all the trainers in here!

PENXDVl.png

Found the blue tile!
Looks like the sun?

gGct4bp.png

Yeah, it's called a distraction. Ya can't fight what ya can't see!
Now rip her Pokemon apart Beau!

GXGcngg.png

I'm pretty sure that just the flashlight I'm shining in yours eyes kiddo.

t8TwZcx.png

Yeah pretty much.
Beau's close to another level up and your Pokemon are on the menu!

sMy0laO.png

Ha.
You poor foolish soul.

OecJ8r3.png

Bam, level thirty.
You know what that means~

wYMLohZ.png

TFXMren.png

acCwFlC.png

GF7pE6t.png

Ukm60BZ.png

It's Luxray time baby!!!

fIfdx0c.png

Look at my big fluffy boy!
I'm so happy that he was able to make it all the way to Luxray! He's had a lot of pretty close calls...
Anyway, there's only one trainer left in this room and then we can move on to the next one.

kggtETY.png

In real life I'm terrified of the dark so if I were actually in this situation I think I be petrified with fear, but in the game world I'm basically unstoppable sooo... you're the one that should be afraid!

Fn5Rshi.png

See? What did I tell ya?

zMVTGW0.png

Wait a minute....
I missed one!

3eHXSPR.png

I will be having a pretty good time... as soon as I beat you!

Ymre2Qu.png

Having a blast!
Now we can move on!

lOPKR9g.png

I accidentally ran into the wrong door...
Give me a minute.

BEJzjBQ.png

Now we're back. Turns out there was only two rooms!
Good thing I decided to heal at the Pokemon center...

9fhFGrJ.png

Sweet Necrozma lady, use your inside voice!

k0MK6aU.png

ecQOntn.png

I'm pretty sure Fantina has a french accent, so does that mean she's from Kalos?
As a kid she kinda confused me since I was pretty sure France didn't exist in the Pokemon world, so I just assumed she was from whatever region we'd be going to in the next generation.
Little did younger me know, I was actually a few years off.

9sTgbmO.png

E4qlbbV.png

Well you were the bane of my contest career as a kid, so I guess you succeeded?

Jl572SM.png

D1OHH6Z.png

FO2i5zP.png

Sorry lady, but I'm not gonna go down that easy.
You may be better at contests than me, but there's no way I'll lose to you in battle!
Let the performance begin!

V71GNSt.png

7PuMNt0.png

skt5u6d.png

Time for Beau to show of his new strength!

ucCiS3y.png

First Pokemon down already!
I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm feeling pretty confident!

niMrXOx.png

eAlgBW8.png

The second one goes down and Beau gets a level!
Only one more to go!

S9KebXn.png

It's only level twenty six?
I... might have over-leveled a bit.

oGVkiyc.png

It just barely held on, but it also flinched!
Beau is on a roll!

64IuPsa.png

Either way, we pulled through.

kITi0Ap.png

I... definitely over-leveled...

aWsFhoT.png

So am I!
I remember you being way scarier!

ntP5HRv.png

rZmPXU7.png

cKEqnpo.png

Thanks for the badge I guess?
At least this broke our gym leaders killing teammates streak...

f5lIK61.png

No that's okay, I'm not gonna use Defog.
If I was too stubborn to use it as a kid, then I'm also too stubborn to use it now!

pWVUafi.png

PLE9V1z.png

Shadow Claw! That's a pretty good TM!
I think I'll save it for later though...

NQEw7Ff.png

I guess we'll just... go?
I'm not used to walking away from gyms with my team still intact...

9SEotCI.png

I don't wanna end the update just yet, so I guess we'll go check out the local route and see if we can get a new catch.

wvPCLUU.png

Oh.
I guess we are overdue for rival battle...
Eh whatever, we should be fine.

ErItzVM.png

Barry, I could be racing through Sinnoh on the back of a Speed Boost Scolipede and you'd still say I was too slow.

yGuvhPG.png

Alright big boy, let's do this.

sECzgXN.png

99GxkH2.png

Aegis should be able to handle a single Staravia, even with the Intimidate drop.

fmEOUvt.png

Oh no...

5qxR1yd.png

k21vT88.png

2eJKLRK.png

6H07ain.png

HSmb2j4.png

JPGijkN.png

OH YES!
That went from bad to fantastic really fast!

w4oECf9.png

And it went right back to bad...
I don't know if I should keep Aegis in or not...

tI4pjSa.png

Screw it, I'm not risking Aegis.
What a waste of an Ancient Power boost...

XIBva1e.png

I should of just stayed in...

OHfbYr1.png

Mx66OEy.png

Ox3xbK7.png

Done and done.
At least Bruce managed to level up...

ARmICiO.png

Don't feel too bad big man.
Everyone loses to me!

M4y2d8r.png

Yeah, it was a good try though.

gMOJfB8.png

3K1Vscc.png

Yeah, I remember that.
I also remember thinking that you were a moron.

ymG1kyh.png

I'm glad you're coming around; maybe know you can actually start utilizing real strategy now!
You've got a good foundation, you just need to build on it a bit!
You can't just rely on your Staravia using Double Team to win fights...

jd1UTZ5.png

zwo0qgb.png

41aUdUJ.png

l0Ptxmm.png

And just like candle in the wind, he's gone again.

RoWXMNM.png

Oh well, moving on.

65xGZJR.png

Time for a new catch!

zcBTOLF.png

You're gonna be the new one to haunt me aren't you?

s7uuRTy.png

Whatever, better luck next time I guess.
There's still tons of trainers to battle on this route though, so let's make our way through it!

cdr3sXD.png

You first!

SFQSy1m.png

OizDcdP.png

I7NmZNZ.png

Easy!
He also had a Pichu that I didn't get a screenshot of.

hhSqb2o.png

Got a Good Rod from this good guy.

596DJHn.png

Ugh, double battle.
I think we'll be fine though.

BY7gPTc.png

Yeah no, that was easy as hell.

6WOaQ1W.png

Okay then strange little talking Pikachu, fight me!

9mkCVO6.png

You don't even have a Pikachu.
Shameful...

PwV1cJx.png

I'm starting to think that this route is just full trainers with baby Pokemon...

79co74n.png

Yup, this trainer just has babies too.

ENeQiqW.png

MbgUrhY.png

LI6x65g.png

At least Bean gained a level and learned a new move though!

j4nmk0C.png

Sspws8e.png

Hey, she doesn't have a baby Pokemon!

3xSVZ3G.png

Still went down without an issue though.

ytcnibe.png

Last trainers on the route and it's another double battle!

kbTQXkp.png

The Buneary managed to get a few good hits on Aegis, bit it was still a simple battle for the most part.

TQ09sZt.png

The last thing I wanna do today is take on the Lost Tower.
If I'm remembering right, you have to get through it in order to get Strength.

ormGjgx.png

We're are really just burning through all the ghost stuff today aren't we?
Tis' the season I suppose...

A0fvoMc.png

dsCAO3k.png

Oh right, this place has fog, which means decreased accuracy...
That never stopped me as a kid though so why would it stop me now?
Onwards!

mChFsiJ.png

Oh, and here's our encounter for the Lost Tower.
That means no ghost catch for us today...

aS1yHog.png

The trainer on the first floor helped Bean gain a level, which means...

GfWTbtW.png

WAgKb6L.png

jgRoKjw.png

ficmJmz.png

5ajuCaw.png

Evolution time once again!

PjXea9v.png

Look at our squishy guy!
This is actually pretty exciting for me as I've always wanted to, but never really had the chance to use a Gastrodon.
Hopefully Bean can live up to my expectations!

u4RWtTq.png

Alright so, if anything these fights are just gonna be super annoying.
So I'm just gonna skip forward and let you all know if anything interesting happens...

urGOtlk.png

Done.
It took a lot of healing and a bit of annoyance, but we made it!
The only thing that happened was Aegis leveling up to twenty nine.

sdhPuyQ.png

Are you saying, that I actually NEED Defog.

TNat1CC.png

Well folks, I think I'm done for today!
I'll see all of you next time when I burn down the Lost Tower for forcing me to have Defog even though I got through the damn tower already!!!
Bye!

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
Yay!
I love Eevee so much, and all of it's evolutions are really great! (except maybe Flareon...)
Despite never using Flareon (Vaporeon gang) I feel the strange compassion to defend its honor.

It's Luxray time baby!!!
too op pls nerf

It's only level twenty six?
I... might have over-leveled a bit.
This is the third gym, right?

Well folks, I think I'm done for today!
I'll see all of you next time when I burn down the Lost Tower for forcing me to have Defog even though I got through the damn tower already!!!
Bye!
If Defog didn't get rid of Stealth rocks, nod boy would use it. Ever.

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
It's that time again my friends, it's update time!

@Electro

Despite never using Flareon (Vaporeon gang) I feel the strange compassion to defend its honor.
Listen, every single time I've tried to give Flareon a chance it's disappointed me, so as far as I'm concerned it's the worst Eevelution. Vaporeon's really good though!
too op pls nerf
No can do buddy. Beau's the best boy and he will carry me to victory.
This is the third gym, right?
For some reason I remembered Fantina's Pokemon being closer to level thirty, although clearly I was wrong! At least we finally managed to make it through a gym without any deaths though.
If Defog didn't get rid of Stealth rocks, nod boy would use it. Ever.
Don't get me wrong, Defog's great in competitive play (my Corviknight has Defog) but right now it's just an annoying HM move taking up a spot on one of my Pokemon's move sets. It also happens to be what's currently standing between me and Strength. So screw Defog.

jsoBWMU.png

So I don't actually own any fire types and there's nowhere you buy matches in Sinnoh, so I guess I won't be taking out my rage on the Lost Tower today...
That's okay though because we finally made it to-

rzH0GbS.png

QwGnL1y.png

zizzJLd.png

Oh.
Hi Barry.

6eGNNcr.png

uAqt2ZY.png

Oh, seals! I loved using seals back when I was a kid!
Can't believe I almost forgot about them...

vsqNeEc.png

aRhMWrD.png

am37na1.png

When I was younger I actually refused to leave Solaceon Town until I caught all of the Unown; specifically because I wanted ALL of the seals.
Of course I won't be able to do that now because of the nuzlocke rules, which is probably for the best because I absolutely would've done the same thing today.

ccamHvj.png

2P5yq8K.png

So long B-man!

HZgRp5c.png

Anyway!
Here we are in Solaceon Town. There's not much to do here, so let's just run down the list real quick!

V7paCB7.png

yDA4K58.png

Got a new Poketch app from this guy.
I honestly forgot about this one, but it shows your most recently caught/evolved Pokemon.
It's honestly pretty sad to see how few Pokemon I've been able to catch on this run. I really have been getting unlucky this time around!
Now you guys can see I've been following my capture rules though. Neat!

9nBQjD0.png

This nice lady gave us the seal case, so now our Pokemon can enter battle with some style!
I'll probably mess around with seals a little later.

2OYbN8R.png

Had to solve a pretty easy Unown puzzle to get to the bottom of the ruins.

U1ZH0d0.png

Found Defog along with a few other items.

tOb1LaP.png

MZAA2Db.png

9Dmzp6v.png

tH6nELw.png

Found some more Unown glyphs.
Anyone that can translate this will get 10 Pika Points!
(Please note hat "Pika Points" are not a real currency and any attempt to redeem them for some sort of "prize" will be ignored.)

9SPwbhd.png

This was our encounter for the ruins.

1bmrtAn.png

I caught him and named him Tim.
We will never be using Tim.

ebXZPVw.png

xRrM3w0.png

We unfortunately had to teach Stella Defog since I really didn't want to mess up Bruce's movepool.

8T38Bob.png

Z50LGaM.png

And finally cleared the fog in the Lost Tower.
Now we can finally get the HM for Stre-

dyDPraF.png

FeZMnRT.png

What.

PBcTK7I.png

nCQBaN1.png

I was remembering the location for Diamond and Pearl, not Platinum.

nmcEk7s.png

Well now that my Staravia has a mostly useless move and I have sworn vengeance on the old women of the Lost Tower, let's move on to Route 210!

4yY0YNN.png

Our encounter for the route everyone!
Today is just not my day...

f9kcbLd.png

I'm just gonna knock out all the trainers on this route to help me deal with the rage currently building inside of me.
See you all in a bit.

XGjpFYP.png

cl5sQAY.png

LsmTWNs.png

The team managed to level up a bit, including Aegis who is now level thirty.
You know what that means!

Pewgl2N.png

997H6CN.png

Uews8Re.png

zbE6QOY.png

Evolution time once again!
And with Aegis' evolution nearly the whole team is fully evolved!

ZRMJ6zP.png

Aegis is definitely a bulky boy!
It's a shame his attack stats suck, but he'll make a great defensive tank!

vL8fN4u.png

And here's the next route.
We're moving along through these routes pretty quick today!

925iuya.png

Maybe we'll get a break and I'll actually be able to catch a new teammate...

YMCWL3u.png

Not bad I guess?
I actually sort of like Lickitung's design, too bad Lickilicky's design is just hot garbage.
That being said I've also never used a Lickitung or it's evolution before, so maybe now's my chance...

KYJdSyB.png

Sweet almighty Deoxys it took way to many balls too catch this thing!
At least I caught her in the end.

1d61HK6.png

I decided to call her Lolly (like lollypop) and sent her directly to the box.

SYoRqVY.png

Now it's time to massacre more trainers!
See you on the other side folks!

aToLxmn.png

9EVLYHy.png

Chewy and Stella leveled up, but that was the only interesting thing to happen while traversing the route.
Also there's a ton of items hidden behind Cut tress, so I might revisit this route later.

FVvczX7.png

Now we've safely arrived at Veilstone City, home of the fourth gym badge!

CQvHksS.png

There's a couple of things to do here so let's take a look around!

l4Vtu5a.png

First and foremost, I went ahead and gave everyone their own ball seal!

iXbF6dP.png

Bruce gets some stars since he's one of the stars of the team!

uWu3A2T.png

Stella gets a ton of Ts since she's got a T in her name and... I only have so many seals so someone needed to use the T seals...

IBQGc3N.png

Aegis gets a music note because it's the only one I had left.

UOOkUPc.png

Bean gets bubbles for his water typing.

pLMM6sW.png

Beau gets some hearts since he's the heart and soul of this team.
Also because I'm biased and he's my good boy.

NstUAVW.png

Finally I gave Chewy the special stars since he was my lucky catch!
I'll update their balls once I get more seals, but for now at least there's a little more razzle-dazzle happening when I send someone out.

I6zaG8W.png

I stopped by the department store to see if there was anything interesting to buy before realizing I already blew all my money on potions and Great Balls and couldn't buy anything.
I still got another app for the Poketch though! This one counts stuff.

oFjiRuO.png

I also found this gem of a man on the top floor!
Nothing wrong here my friend! I hope you two are enjoying yourselves.

hxGu1NO.png

bXIRAbi.png

xmx5c9X.png

This guy wants to give me a free Porygon!
Who am I to turn down such a kind offer?

SCbb2Rb.png

Bah!
I am once again foiled by a full team! You think I would have learned by now!
Be right back...

vz2E8qc.png

jSzlNmB.png

YaSEsi6.png

Porygon get!
This guy says it ran away from Team Galactic, and since it might just end up sitting in PC for the entire game it'll probably be safer with me!

NsDWAfi.png

I decided to name it Glyph! It's named after a certain info drone from Mass Effect.
Lonely honestly isn't a good nature for Porygon, but like I said earlier this thing probably wont ever even leave the box.

S1tIt9G.png

Continuing our tour of Veilstone we run into a ton of meteorites!
I'm pretty sure these correspond to the different Deoxys forms, but I'll never be able to test that theory since there's a near 0% chance I'll get a Deoxys in this game.

fZs1RIr.png

At the Game Corner's prize area you can get about a million different TMs, with some of them actually being pretty useful!
It's a shame you can't get Pokemon from the Game Corner in Platinum, but I might come back for some of these TMs at a later date!

2M9MSVp.png

K76M42j.png

9iYmkmx.png

FJRzIC9.png

5IvA9M7.png

qSFaNcq.png

In order to get anything from the Game Corner though, we need a coin case.
Luckily I managed to win one from this mysterious spinning coin clown! Once again, having a left-handed bias has given me a good item.
Also, there sure is a lot of prize clowns in Sinnoh...

dArSQ6R.png

D4XdjGz.png

5kMYPBg.png

I also decided to get Stella a massage.
She's been having a pretty bad day, with having to learn Defog and also being one of the weaker members of the team currently; she's probably got a lot of stress built up...
Also she had some smoke on her for some weird reason?

3vebX3C.png

Last thing I think I'll do for this update is go up and take a quick look at the gym!
I'm not gonna take it on today but there's nothing wrong with a sneak peek.

jS1kSHG.png

Oh.
Lucas is also just standing up there like a moron.
Maybe we can just sneak past him...

nz384da.png

Guess not!

7u7J5h7.png

Not today Lucas, that's for the next update.

1pb6doX.png

Y5fHjuA.png

... You gambled away all of your money didn't you.
Dammit Lucas.

4tZovew.png

Lucas we really need to talk about your gambling problem.
I think you really ne-

nv14TXp.png

Ukvqf8o.png

NjvL5GP.png

LxztXSm.png

WDweUOQ.png

... Where the hell did he come from?

1DmyaJk.png

7fwAz8Z.png

jbdEBtd.png

Not today no, once again that's going to be the next update.

wZQVlMZ.png

hKgYvsz.png

I agree!
Her Lucario could eat me alive and as such I am genuinely terrified of her!

MjInmXf.png

1gQvcow.png

g0X4LSl.png

Oh I already know who you are.
You're a pretty cool guy but one of the least threatening gym leaders in Sinnoh.
No offense.

0vGuTrI.png

I think I hurt his feelings...

jFf9ZLD.png

Don't you give me that look Lucas!
Don't think I forgot about your gambling problem!

vrGo10E.png

zlzbUv8.png

This conversation isn't over Lucas! You're walking down a dangerous path!

3szS9jo.png

*sigh*
That boy needs an intervention...
Oh well, let's go sneak a peek at the gym.

sUwr9Zd.png

Ugh... this brings back horrifying childhood memories.
Anyway, I think I'm gonna leave this update here. Next time we'll take on Maylene and hopefully get our fourth gym badge, and maybe help Lucas with his crippling gambling addiction.
Who knows? Guess you'll have to tune in next time to find out! See ya!

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Ah pre-gen 5, where gambling was the rage and the only way to get certain mons, actually I'm glad they removed that but thats besides the point.
Good luck with Wake, water is something you don't have a lot to answer for

UPDOG

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 20, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Steel
I actually sort of like Lickitung's design, too bad Lickilicky's design is just hot garbage.

STOP LICKILICKY IS AN ANGEL, ITS AN ADORABLE LIL DOOFUS

Good luck with Wake! I love classic screenshot runs :) I also am here to hope Aegis makes it to the champion fight because i never see people win with a Bastiodon. Good luck all around!!

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Hello my lovely viewers, welcome to another exciting update!
Before we begin though I do want to mention a bit of a screw up that I made.
While I was playing the game for this chapter, my stupid ass accidentally loaded an old save-state. The reason there even is an old save-state in the first place was because I wanted a backup in case my save file got messed up for some reason. Unfortunately though, I haven't actually backed up my game for quite a while.
That means when I mistakenly loaded my save-state I lost all the progress I made up until now, and I had to make my way back to where I was. Luckily I didn't have to redo too much, but I just wanted to let you all know what happened in case you see any small discrepancies.
An example of something that is now different is the seals we got in Solaceon Town, I'll put them in a spoiler at the end of this chapter for you too peruse if you like.
Anyway, enough talking about my dumb mistakes! Let's get on with the update!

@redninjapuffle
Ah pre-gen 5, where gambling was the rage and the only way to get certain mons, actually I'm glad they removed that but thats besides the point.
You are right that it was pretty annoying trying to get certain Pokemon exclusive to the Game Corner, but I do miss that excitement that came with finally winning enough coins to get what you've be pining after.

Thanks for checking out the run! And don't worry about Wake, I have a plan for him...

@UPDOG
STOP LICKILICKY IS AN ANGEL, ITS AN ADORABLE LIL DOOFUS
Listen, we're all entitled to our opinions, and in my opinion Lickilicky is an abomination of nature. But then again maybe you shouldn't listen to me since I am one of the few people in existence that is actually somewhat fond of Trubbish...
I also am here to hope Aegis makes it to the champion fight because i never see people win with a Bastiodon.
You know, you're right; I don't recall seeing many people use Bastiodon either. Although it might be because of it's pretty bad Attack and Sp. Attack stats. I really like Aegis though, so I'm hoping to bring him all the way to the end!

Glad you're enjoying the run! I'll do my best not to disappoint!

@Electro
Are you sure about that?
If you ever catch me using Tim feel free to call me a hypocrite! Honestly though, if I'm using an Unown I'm probably not going to be in much of a winning situation at that point...
TOO OP PLS NERF
I CANNOT, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!

GgheLNb.png

I can already hear you guys.
"Pika! Why are you on Route 214? I thought we were going to be taking on the gym first thing today!?"
And don't you worry your pretty little heads; of course we'll still be battling Maylene in this chapter! There's just something I need to do first...

nty8mFe.png

ikcpZc1.png

j0Upf5E.png

2z6pVsh.png

gJHXU4F.png

There. It's time.

OwVLtFb.png

G2IuwGc.png

pcoiXjG.png

MpHxECS.png

jl6VWGN.png

Stella finally evolved into Staraptor!

W2TEsKR.png

EnT4nVs.png

She even learned Close Combat!
Although trading Quick Attack for Close Combat may not have been the best idea in the long run...

n5rXBfj.png

Beau leveled too since he helped Stella train.

hP1wiSz.png

Now I'm sure you're all thinking "Oh! So Pika wanted to evolve Stella before taking on the fighting gym, that makes a lot of sense!"
But my dear viewers, that is actually not why I decided to rip and tear my way through the trainers of Route 214. Yes it was to evolve Stella, but not for the upcoming gym fight...

LVTIZMk.png

You guys might notice that everyone's levels are a bit higher than they were, especially Stella.
Well, there's a specific reason as to why that is.

7PY13PX.png

If you take a look inside of our boxes, you may notice that a certain pair of Pokemon don't look quite they way they did before...
Dandy and Mystery have evolved and been leveled up to be on par with the rest of the team!

63AX2Af.png

Dandy actually has a really good movepool now, and his new held item lets him heal even more from his draining moves.

22AkPIO.png

And while I didn't evolve Mystery into one of the more defensive Eevelutions like I was planning, I figured we needed a psychic type more. So while I would have loved to have an Umbreon (my favorite Eevelution) Espeon is also a really good choice; I certainly don't regret my decision! Mystery has become quite the little warrior since evolving!
I'm also sure you're all wondering how he knows Psychic. I'll get to that in a minute.
But in order to explain everything, we're going to have to back up a bit...

g5ePz78.png

I knew that Maylene's Pokemon had rock moves on them, and as such I knew going into her gym with a pair of flying types was just asking for a massacre; especially with her Lucario waiting in the wings.

GyWuY55.png

So I knew I needed a psychic type, and my only option was Espeon.
But I also knew something else about Espeon that would ruin my carefully crafted plan...

APXSkSm.png

Espeon doesn't learn a psychic type move until level thirty six, and I didn't want to over-level again like I did for Fantina.
That means I needed to come up with a different solution.

53vcfsQ.png

The Game Corner held the TM for Psychic, but in order to get it I would need to get 10,000 coins. That means either playing the slots and praying I get lucky, or buying them.