• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Anime/Manga Anime/Manga Watch List

Thread Description
I can't be the only one that'll binge a 24 episode series in a single day, right? RIGHT?!?!

Mattman324

YE NOT
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
Started up Layzner in the vain hopes of being able to complete it before September 10th and the release of SRW DD. I might even be able to do it if life doesn't fuck me over too much.

im in symphogay hell help i just finished watching 1-3 in like, 3 days
dess dess dess dess, dess dess.

zenbu

Mattman324

YE NOT
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
im all caught up now and boy howdy im in love
>tfw your casual disregard for life is so bad your former superior officer comes back from the dead to give the person you’re trying to kill a fancy golden super mode to beat your shit ass with

Saint Germaine ain’t taking no shit.

Saki Nikaido

Zombie Asamiya Saki
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
yes! and my fave thing about the fandom is that i read a fanfic where miku fucking obliterated maria and hibiki in ddr and if thats not canon honestly dont know what is

Mattman324

YE NOT
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
yes! and my fave thing about the fandom is that i read a fanfic where miku fucking obliterated maria and hibiki in ddr and if thats not canon honestly dont know what is
Fun times with Miku.

Have fun with it now because S5 is very obviously and clearly going to end up fucking with her again, probably one or two more episodes at most until Asshole Grandpa goes after her.

(She’s best in XDU at least.)

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
I'm currently rewatching all of the episodes of the original Yu-Gi-Oh, and I want to reiterate just how much I platonically love Joey Wheeler.

HalfTimeShow

A big ol' dumbo
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
What the diddly heckin darn is goin on here
Anime: Going to watch Evangelion now that it's on Netflix, and after that I'm finally going to take the plunge and watch Jojo. I've put it off for a long time because there's a special kind of joy seeing out of context Jojo scenes with no idea what the hell is going on.

Manga: I've got a big backlog of manga (373 according to Mangadex), right now I'm reading Mousou Telepathy and Gokushufudou. I also just got done rereading Jitsu wa Watashi wa, which might be my favorite romcom ever made.

Also my favorite horror manga.

Saki Nikaido

Zombie Asamiya Saki
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Anime: Going to watch Evangelion now that it's on Netflix, and after that I'm finally going to take the plunge and watch Jojo. I've put it off for a long time because there's a special kind of joy seeing out of context Jojo scenes with no idea what the hell is going on.
i heard the netflix one is garbage, please be careful!

Mattman324

YE NOT
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
well the only two new shows I gave enough of a shit to watch this season (Granbelm and Symphogear XV) ended, GEAH was great (A N I M A T E X D U) and Granbelm was ok I guess but not really something as good as it could have been.

And I don’t give a single solitary fuck about anything airing next season so I guess it’s yet again time to continue plunging the backlog.

(except Babylonia)

(Like all people with sense I’m hype for Babylonia)

Rocco

Showroom Dummy
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 15, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Scared at first, but the apyr of the group after some drinks.
It's not that garbage the Netflix version. I watched and made me cry, so it works as supossed.
I keep in touch with Shingeki no Kyojin (DEAR GOD THAT LAST NUMBER), Vinland Saga, Berserk and Seven Deadly Sins (At this point I am reading it just to end it). I am also reading Naoki Urasawa's Twenty Century Boys cause he's the best manga author (don't @ me). I am planning to read JoJos and BHA, but I sometimes I can't vibe with La Bizarra Aventura de JorGes and Boku No Pico Academia it feels so Naruto and I'm not a shonen fan. In some near future, I'm going to read Mob's manga (i t ' s f a s t e r).

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokémon has more introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperament.
My plan to watch list on Anilist has 261 anime, so I’ll just mention the shows I’m trying currently.

1. Cowboy Bebop. I got both seasons on Blu-ray for a reasonable price a few months back. My inability to watch more than 1-3 episodes in one sitting has made this show take a while.

2. Made in Abyss. Gorgeous animation, an entertaining story, and beautiful music. It completely deserved the hype.

3. Aggretsuko - The Japanese voice actors nailed every role they were given.

4. Teasing Master Takagi-San. Like any great romance anime/manga, I smiled and giggled the entire time.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm catching up on a few shows I missed in the past several years, and recently picked three shows I'll be watching next: Mob Psycho 100, Sarazanmai, and Sangatsu no Lion. All three have supernatural elements, but otherwise seem to be entirely different in presentation. I figure it'll be a good mix of shows to watch at once.

REDalchemist

S.P.D. Jack Landors
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Whomst
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.
After 3 long years of waiting I can definitely say that Haikyuu!! is a drug and I yearn to inject it straight into my veins every friday.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recently started watching the Digimon Adventure 2020 series. I'll be the first to admit that the constant Adventure revisits are starting to get a bit old. I kind of wish they'd try revisiting 02 or tamers at some point instead if they aren't going to try 100% new content. That said, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the style and direction they're taking so far. It seems the current series is trying hard to break from a lot of the norms in the original series, without departing too much from the franchise's strengths. What's most apparent to me is the fact that the characters are all getting time to develop slowly, instead of the whole "character of the day" deal where everyone remains static until they have their own episode, then they have one drastic change in their personality through a single event. Without getting into too much detail, I'm also intrigued by the slightly modified premise, and the fact that the characters are all sort of doing their own thing.

Otherwise I'm not really watching much else these days, I just don't have the time that I used to anymore.

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Tried watching Cowboy Bepop but really couldnt get into it at all? got a few episodes in and the artstyles great but it kinda feels like a chore to watch it. maybe ill keep it on while i draw sometime but i didnt see what the hype was

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
Once I finish My Hero Academia (1 1/4 way through), I'll probably watch Gurren Lagann because I have an unhealthy obsession with the art style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)