• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Anime/Manga Anime/Manga Watch List

Thread Description
I can't be the only one that'll binge a 24 episode series in a single day, right? RIGHT?!?!

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
I'm pretty sure we had a general discussion thread on anime/manga we were all following at some point on the old forums. Well, I'm here to bring that back.

Tell me what's on your anime watch list? What are you planning to watch, currently watching, and/or just finished watching? What do you like/dislike about it?

What's on your manga reading list? What are you planning to read, currently reading, and/or just finished reading? What do you like/dislike about it?

Please remember to spoiler any content that might ruin the show for someone else!

My own anime list is actually pretty light right now. I'm catching up on MHA and finally starting on Neon Genesis Evangeleon after having it on my watch list for like a decade. Like, I literally have episode 1 queued up for tonight before bed. I have a five day weekend with the upcoming US holiday, so I'm hoping to knock out quite a few episodes, and maybe browse for a few more things to add to my list. I've got all the Gundam series in my sights too, at some point I should watch those...

I also eventually want to catch season 2 of One Punch Man and see The Promised Neverland, but we'll see when that happens. I've been reading the manga for both, so I'm not quite as rushed to watch the series too. I might wait for S2 to end for both so I can just binge them on a long weekend or something.

I don't have as much time to watch as I used to, so I have to pick and choose my shows very carefully. I'm always on the lookout for suggestions though!

Last edited:

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
My brothers and I have been making it a point to hang out and watch at least a couple episodes of a thing a night, it’s pretty fun xD

We worked through Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood over the winter/spring, and just wrapped up Hellsing Ultimate. We’re also working through One Piece for... basically as long as we can xD and are going to start up Death Note on Sundays for something different (re-watch for me, they’ve never fully seen it yet). We’re hoping to do Gurren Lagen after that.

As for my personal to-watch list... Cowboy Bebop is high up there, as is finishing Dragon Ball, I got like halfway through and kinda dropped it, whoops xD

Crusticus

#1 Bling Bling Stan (sorry Onion)
Affiliate
Hacker
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is widely considered to be an Elder God by the church of r/nuzlocke, while in reality, it is just a big, frequently inactive shitposter.
Thank you for making this thread. I just kinda threw a comment on the "What are you watching" thread with my two favorite current season shows (Carole & Tuesday/Demon Slayer). That'd probably fit more in here lol.

So other than those two shows, I've been keeping up with the new JoJo's as well as Black Clover, which got a bad rap because of it's slow start imo but I think it's really good. I've also been watching OPM S2 and even though the animation isn't on par with the first season, I've been into it. Other than current stuff, I've been trying to get into Seven Deadly Sins, but idk if it's my thing or not yet. I'm about 12? Episodes into it.

Mattman324

YE NOT
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
Well, before my PC gave up the ghost, I was in the middle of watching Mazinger Z, Gundam X, Space Musketeer Bismarck, and Superdimension Century Orguss and Go-Busters but this is an anime thread not toku and I was rewatching Carnival Phantasm because someone in a Discord chat I was in is playing Fate/Stay Night for the first time and that and discussions of Hollow Ataraxia put me in the mood.

Now that it has, though... I dunno. Exkaiser’s on Youtube, I guess? I’ve been meaning to shoot through that.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've went ahead and added manga to the list, figure it makes more sense than having a dedicated thread when manga is probably such a small percentage of interest in the first place.

Thank you for making this thread. I just kinda threw a comment on the "What are you watching" thread with my two favorite current season shows (Carole & Tuesday/Demon Slayer). That'd probably fit more in here lol.

So other than those two shows, I've been keeping up with the new JoJo's as well as Black Clover, which got a bad rap because of it's slow start imo but I think it's really good. I've also been watching OPM S2 and even though the animation isn't on par with the first season, I've been into it. Other than current stuff, I've been trying to get into Seven Deadly Sins, but idk if it's my thing or not yet. I'm about 12? Episodes into it.
Speaking of Seven Deadly Sins, I tried to get into that as well on the manga side, but it really didn't keep my interest.

So, my current manga watch list, in no particular order, consists of:
  • Pokemon Special - I've been following religiously for like a decade now
  • Boruto - If there's one thing that bores me to tears, it's the naruto/boruto anime, so I read the manga instead
  • The Promised Neverland - I will say nothing other than to read/watch it without looking into the series AT ALL. Manga is in the final arc now, so it's a great time to start reading!
  • Hunter x Hunter - Well, when it's not on hiatus, anyway...
  • Gintama - which literally just ended two weeks ago, but I'm about 200 chapters behind.
I plan to pick up MHA again, but only after I get caught up on the anime since they've surpassed where I left off. Also at some point want to delve into my backlog, I have too many to list tbh...

Mattman324

YE NOT
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
Oh, and when it starts later this year, I’ll be watching Symphogear S5.

Always bet on ‘Biki. and Chris’s silly music, and Tsubasa’s ability to fall out of the sky while YAAAA YAAAAA YAAAA plays.

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
As for my personal to-watch list... Cowboy Bebop is high up there, as is finishing Dragon Ball, I got like halfway through and kinda dropped it, whoops xD
please watch cowboy bebop. Please. It is so important

unrelated to that point:
I only ever watch anime with my boyfriend because I can't usually sit still long enough to go through an episode without outside accountability, right now we've been flipping between Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans and Hunter x Hunter. Down the line I need to peer pressure him into watching G Gundam because he's never seen it outside of memes and osmosis. If I can bring myself to watch Episodes or read Chapters of a thing on my own I have a rewatch of Neon Genesis Evangelion and catchup for Symphogear in the books, and picking up from where I left off in JJBA Stone Ocean, Golden Kamuy, Dungeon Meshi, and whatever Junji Ito stuff I can get my gremlin hands on as far as reading goes.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry

Crusticus

Affiliate
Hacker
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is widely considered to be an Elder God by the church of r/nuzlocke, while in reality, it is just a big, frequently inactive shitposter.
If any of you guys have MAL, my to-watch list just keeps growing and my free time just keeps disappearing. I'd list everything I have on there, but uh... that's like 100+ anime 😅 I am def. an anime-only, I'm not much of a reader but I am a big animation junkie.

I saw Cowboy Bebop when I was really young but plan on rewatching it. This was the same for me and FMA:B and I'm really glad I went back to that when I was older and could understand it better than when I just kinda used to turn on Toonami/Adult Swim for shits&giggles.
The Promised Neverland - I will say nothing other than to read/watch it without looking into the series AT ALL. Manga is in the final arc now, so it's a great time to start reading!
Yessssss. That first season got me FUCKED UP and I'm super excited to see more of it get adapted. Shows like these and JoJos are some of the things that get me really close to reading manga so I don't have to wait, but I'm not quite there yet lol.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
If any of you guys have MAL, my to-watch list just keeps growing and my free time just keeps disappearing. I'd list everything I have on there, but uh... that's like 100+ anime 😅 I am def. an anime-only, I'm not much of a reader but I am a big animation junkie.

I saw Cowboy Bebop when I was really young but plan on rewatching it. This was the same for me and FMA:B and I'm really glad I went back to that when I was older and could understand it better than when I just kinda used to turn on Toonami/Adult Swim for shits&giggles.

Yessssss. That first season got me FUCKED UP and I'm super excited to see more of it get adapted. Shows like these and JoJos are some of the things that get me really close to reading manga so I don't have to wait, but I'm not quite there yet lol.
Yeah, same!

NGL after I watched the first season, I binged all 120-ish chapters of the manga at the time in a day and a half to get caught up because I flat out wasn't going to wait for the 2nd season. Would have done it in a single day, but apparently Viz/SJ limits you to 100 archived chapters a day when you're reading on their site (Side note: I 100% support legal methods for reading manga, when available. Show your interest in the series you love!)

I don't use MAL anymore. I found that my list just grew too daunting, so now I just keep a shortlist elsewhere.

Alchemy

One of those casuals
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her & They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Cabbie Alfie is a more reliable trainer than this idiot.
Mine is mostly catching up on Precure because I am picky and waiting for the next season of Symphogear but I haven't kept focus for that as of lately so it's going to involve a lot of watching still.

Saki Nikaido

Zombie Asamiya Saki
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
I made a list of manga i need to bouy to complete my collection and holy shit i need cash money

I have too many I need to watch, but I find myself rewatching my favorites in the background when I'm working on my lockes, oopsie

Top on the list is probably tokyo ghoul so my friends can stop bugging me about it lmao

and oooo i need to watch symphogear so bad!! ive heard nothing but good things about it!

Things I'm waiting on tho atm are the girls und panzer finale ep 2 that hasnt been subbed yet, and the konosuba movie

edit: oh shit the new neptunia ova comes out on the 8th!

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
I made a list of manga i need to bouy to complete my collection and holy shit i need cash money
Oh god, I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent on my manga collection over the years. I basically have two bookcases full of them. I'm at the point now where I really have to think about whether or not I want to commit to a full series before I start buying up volumes.

Saki Nikaido

Zombie Asamiya Saki
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
yeah, my problem is that i just moved, so i need to unpack to see which ones im missing of the ones i want

half the list isnt even licensed for english release so ill just have to find it on ebay haha

the main thing im saving for atm is a complete set of sukeban deka manga, which I need

HawkAussie

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Yeah mine is very small at the moment because I am watching Fruits Basket (the new one not the 2001 one) and Pokemon Sun and Moon. For this season, it would probably be Symphogear and maybe add Cop Craft and Granbelm to my watch list.

Fullmental

Administrator
Tech Team
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Yeah mine is very small at the moment because I am watching Fruits Basket (the new one not the 2001 one) and Pokemon Sun and Moon. For this season, it would probably be Symphogear and maybe add Cop Craft and Granbelm to my watch list.
Honestly the Sun and Moon anime feels like the best the Pokemon anime has been in nearly 15 years for me. I think it's something about the humor and the slight change of pace they've been building in recently that just makes it more enjoyable.

Crusticus

Affiliate
Hacker
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
For anybody who keeps up with seasonal stuff, Dr. Stone, Fire Force and Vinland Saga all had really good starts imo and I'm super excited to see where all these shows go!

Mattman324

YE NOT
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
For anybody who keeps up with seasonal stuff, Dr. Stone, Fire Force and Vinland Saga all had really good starts imo and I'm super excited to see where all these shows go!
Vinland Saga is legitimately pretty good, I read through some of it a while ago and while I never went back to finish it nothing I've heard suggests that changes.

Zero

Jet's Black Nuzlocke
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her/it
Pokémon Type
Fire, Bug
Pokédex Entry
It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.
Recently finished watching Mob Psycho 100, it is SO good!

The next one on my list is Dororo. Not sure why, my anime to watch list has like a bajillion titles on it and it never gets shorter, but despite only recently hearing of Dororo I just really really wanna watch it.

I still havent finished watching Nichijou, it's a delightfully hilarious anime but i've only seen half of it. Apparently it's getting a dub, I'm torn cuz i love dubs but the japanese voice acting is absolutely perfect.

Does anyone recommend Blood Blockade Battlefront? You might know it as Kekkai Sensen, I really wanna see it only because the main guy has these awesome looking eyes. Dunno if the show is any good at all.

I'm currently making my way through the One Piece manga. Just finished the Zombie ship island part.

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal
Anime: On 127 of the original Dragon Ball, and I'm very close to the end of Sports Festival for MHA. My mom and I have been watching Assassination Classroom, her first watch and my second. I picked up Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and I'm ep. 5 of that. Started Dr. Stone last week and Astra Lost in Space today.

Manga: Manga's on hold right now while I finish my Western comic backlog, which is at least 25 issues of Amazing Spider-Man, plus two issues of Seafoam and the first issue of Collapser. But I've been buying the Viz 3-in-1s to save money and I've got the first ones of YGO, Bleach and FMA backlogged, plus the first seven volumes of Assassination Classroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)