• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's your favorite Pokémon and why?

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
What’s your favorite Pokémon game to Nuzlocke?

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
What's the most unique mon you've used in a run?

ashtrayscomics

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 14, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost
What's your favorite Pokémon and why?
I really love Sceptile! The entire Treecko line is amazing tbh, but Sceptile's just especially cool 😎 He's a badass leaf lizard

What’s your favorite Pokémon game to Nuzlocke?
Hmm... I had a lot of fun with an emerald nuzlocke I did in October, so I'd sat that one. :-) There were a lot of deaths, I think 19? But it was a really interesting play through that ended with my Sceptile taking on Wallace's entire team mostly by himself (had some help from my Starmie and Crobat) and being the sole survivor.

What's the most unique mon you've used in a run?
I'd say Dunsparce! Had one called Phillip in an X nuzlocke (failed lol) and his rollout was surprisingly useful against Grant. He did die in the process of taking out his Amaura though....

CasualGameFreak

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
…ya know what? Throw me in. AMA.

ashtrayscomics

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 14, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost
What's your favourite song?

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
What made you love Shaymin so much?

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Favorite game?

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Are you allergic to pollen?

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Bug, ???
do you have any favorite shows, at the moment?

CasualGameFreak

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
I need to be better about checking this thread lol

What's your favourite song?
That's a hard one! Too many great picks. If non-lyrical music is allowed, it's gotta be "Battle Against A True Hero" from Undertale. If lyrics are required, then I'll say... dang. Probably "Hell's Bells" by AC/DC, but "Hammer to Fall" by Queen and "The Light" by Disturbed are very close behind.

What made you love Shaymin so much?
...I can't really pinpoint one thing about it. It's just overall very hecking adorable and the flower motif resonated with me a lot when I was a 13-year old girl still in her egg (that is, I still thought I was a boy at the time).

Favorite game?
EarthBound. No contest.

Are you allergic to pollen?
Not to my knowledge.

do you have any favorite shows, at the moment?
Nothing can compare to The Amazing Race. Reality-competition show featuring teams of two racing around the world and performing various tasks along the way. The last team to reach certain points at the end of each episode gets eliminated (although there are a few non-elimination episodes each season), and the final episode of each season features the final three teams duking it out for the grand prize. I find that it's loads of fun to watch, whether it be the old-school seasons from the early 2000s or the more experimental fare of recent times (the show's 32nd and most recent season aired last fall).

What do you think of Shaymin village in Explorers of Sky?
It's beautiful and perfect and I've never actually played far enough to actually get there but I love it on principle alone.

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Bug, ???
hey, why not- AMA!

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
What's your favorite fish, and/or fish pokemon?

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Favorite and least favorite types and why?

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just won’t make cents.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
You plan to do a Glazed Nuzlocke anytime soon?

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Bug, ???
ah, sorry for holding things up!

What's your favorite fish, and/or fish pokemon?
for real fish, I can't quite decide! check out stargazer/celestial eye goldfish, though- those guys look wild. (my favorite aquatic animals would probably be sea butterflies or sea pigs. i can't help but love a funky little guy.)

for fish pokemon, maybe wishiwashi? cute design, cute gimmick! just a bunch of little dudes.

Favorite and least favorite types and why?
as a kid, the answer for most favorite would be water and least favorite would be electric, hands down. i had a bias to water for blue being my favorite color and the type of my very first pokemon (piplup!!!), and i didn't like that i had a hard time blasting through electric type gyms with my water starter lmao

nowadays... i know normal might seem like an obvious bias, but my favorite types would probably be bug, ghost, and fairy? just so many bangers.
least favorite... would probably be poison. nothing against any poison type pokemon specifically, i have just never had the thought 'oh BOY a POISON TYPE', and usually by the time i get a poison type i already have the coverage to not need it.

You plan to do a Glazed Nuzlocke anytime soon?
honestly, i have never actually completed a romhack nuzlocke. i've done randomizers before (and currently have a few in progress) but not much more. i'd be interested in trying though, and maybe even posting it! i know very little about it, too, so it might even work as a blind nuzlocke. ...which would probably end horribly, lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)