• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

WillowStone23

Team Mystic
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 31, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
What country or region do you hope the Gen 9 Pokémon games will be based on?

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Favorite music from any of the main series Pokémon games?

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Favorite Pokémon from one of your runs and why?

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry
In a state of constant motion, even when dormant. Consequentially, this Pokemon is always tired.
how is the domain of darkness holdin' up for you? (where does the moniker "princess of darkness" come from, and do you enjoy it?)

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
What's your favorite Pokemon?
Hypno. I love Hypno so much that I wrote a oneshot about the one on Three Island defending it for its actions.

What country or region do you hope the Gen 9 Pokémon games will be based on?
Hmm...why not Africa? I've seen a lot of fangames (Sage, most notably) focused on South America and a few that focus on Australia, but Africa is definitely uncharted territory, and could be a very good place because of the rich ecosystems there.

Favorite music from any of the main series Pokémon games?
That's difficult, very difficult, haha. I tend to love the evil team leader music, but there's some legendary music I love as well. And that's not even counting the champion music. Yeah, very, very difficult. Um...gun to my head...Giratina's music. Because Giratina is my favorite legendary mon.

Favorite Pokémon from one of your runs and why?
Ah, yes. That's a good question. If we're talking current runs, I'll say either Mekacini the Chikorita (because he's a Chikorita, my all time favorite starter - sorry, Skarm, I know a Meganium killed three of your mons, but I love the line because it was my very first starter) or Lord Ogdunn Heath the Yamask (because he's an absolute badass who has so far been my MVP.) Gun to my head...Ogdunn. Because his sheer badassery can't be understated in mere gameplay; it takes a certain GOT knowledge to understand why, exactly, he's such a badass.

how is the domain of darkness holdin' up for you? (where does the moniker "princess of darkness" come from, and do you enjoy it?)
How did I get it? I gave it to myself, actually; I tend to write extremely dark fiction, and given that I'm trans, I'd love to be considered a princess. So it just fit~

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Guess I’m up again, AMA!

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
Out of all the Pokemon games you've played (including spinoffs), which one is your personal favorite?

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Bug, ???
who's your favorite newcomer to smash ultimate?

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
In your opinion, what is the worst-designed Mega Evolution?

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just won’t make cents.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
Do you plan to do a Nuzlocke of USUM or gen8 anytime soon?

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Out of all the Pokemon games you've played (including spinoffs), which one is your personal favorite?
Hmm...I could honestly say any of Emerald, Platinum, or BW2 (sorry, I know you’re not a fan) since I think all three are solidly challenging and fun. I could also say any of Gen 7 for the same reason, but the excessive handholding knocks them down a notch.
But overall I think I’d say either of the GameCube games (Colosseum/Gale of Darkness). I absolutely loved the Shadow Pokémon concept along with a grittier/darker setting and story, and they’re also fairly challenging yet fun. I would kill for a third Shadow Pokémon game...
who's your favorite newcomer to smash ultimate?
Either Ridley or Banjo. I always felt like they could make Ridley workable (I never thought he was too big), so seeing him finally get in was really neat. And I'd been wanting Banjo and Kazooie in since Melee, so when I heard they finally got in I lost my crap (internally, since I was at work).
In your opinion, what is the worst-designed Mega Evolution?
Either Gardevoir or Swampert because I don’t really feel like “make the ‘mon chunky” is a good design (I get that Gardevoir’s is supposed to resemble a wedding dress, but it looks more like she got really fat). Swamp is also my least favorite starter, so he was already screwed unless the design was amazing, and it isn’t.
Do you plan to do a Nuzlocke of USUM or gen8 anytime soon?
Actually, yes-I'm heavily leaning toward doing one of them for my next run. The Ultra games would be mostly blind for me since I haven't played them yet (I only know a few things here and there from reading runs), and I was thinking about doing a locke of Sword after I finish playing Shield normally.
Favorite starter besides charizard?
Sceptile! I've always liked reptile starters, and the whole line is amazing-Treecko is adorable, Sceptile is badass, and Grovyle is a perfect mix of both. Plus PMD2 Grovyle was my favorite character from the game, so that just cemented the line as a favorite. #GrovyleforSmash
(Favorite Water starter is Feraligatr btw.)

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
Ooh, may I go next? :3

LucarioOfLegends

Saint of the Church of The Holy Pluffle
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Steel
Pokédex Entry
He fought 32 men in an Irish bar once; he is also an incredible liar.
Favorite Ice Cream flavor?

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just won’t make cents.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
Your Dark monolocke has a nice banner, how did you get it? And I also like how happy all the mons are in it.

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry
In a state of constant motion, even when dormant. Consequentially, this Pokemon is always tired.
what do you like the most about documenting screenshot runs?

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Bug, ???
what other monotype runs would you like to do, if any?

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
What's your favorite Dark type pokemon? (I won't tell your team, don't worry).
Hmm, that's a tough one. A lot of Pokemon that I like in this type... but I'm gonna have to go with Pangoro, a long-time favorite of mine. They're so very cool and despite being Dark type, they stand up to bullies and the like. I just love this panda bear very much, okay?
Favorite Ice Cream flavor?
Okay, this is gonna be a boring one, but... chocolate. Alternatively, for a more "exotic" pick, peach ice cream is great as well.
Your Dark monolocke has a nice banner, how did you get it? And I also like how happy all the mons are in it.
I actually edited that banner together all by myself! I didn't do anything from scratch, though. The background is Argenta's battle intro from Platinum's Battle Frontier, the various mons are edited from Gen 4 and 5 sprites, and Dahlia, the trainer, is an edit of Hilda's Wonder Launcher sprite from BW. I'm glad you like the banner, by the way :D
what do you like the most about documenting screenshot runs?
If I'm gonna be honest... I find documenting the run itself kind of a pain. You gotta take a lot of screenshots constantly just in case, and chances are you won't even use half of them. But out of all possible formats, I think screenshot runs are my favorite to read. They allow for loads of text alongside visual aid, and you can go through them as fast or as slow as you desire.
I'm also not really the best at doing written logs (At least ones that are interesting), wouldn't dare commit to a whole comic run, and find video runs to not be very appealing... so I'm kinda stuck with screenshots, haha.
what other monotype runs would you like to do, if any?
Well I'd love to do an Ice type mono, considering that's my favorite type... but unfortunately that's not viable in the vast majority of regions, and I don't have SwSh or a Switch to play them on. Maybe it'd be viable in some romhacks? I know Fool's Gold has an ice type Cyndaquil as a starter pick, but I haven't checked for any others.
As for other, actually viable types... well, I suppose a Ground type mono might be interesting? I remember trying to do one in Crystal Clear, but it wasn't a nuzlocke that time. Haven't really looked into it beyond that.

ashtrayscomics

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 14, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost
I've never done this before hahah but ask me anything :-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)