• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
does friday night funkin also live in your head rent free?

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
From one Treecko fan to another, which of the line is your favorite and why (including Mega Sceptile)?

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
@LHarm what’s your second-favorite starter Pokémon?

LHarm

Professional Shitposter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is too lazy to put a good Pokédex entry.
What advice would you give to someone who has never nuzlocked a Pokémon game before?
It’s okay to sack Pokémon. The Pokémon in your box will almost never be used. So it’s ok to use it as cannon-fodder like Failure the Shinx...
e-erm, if it's not rude to ask, why exactly did your last AMA session not go so well?

(alternative question if you'd rather not answer the first one: what do you like the most about nuzlockes?)

one of these days i'll make it in time for an AMA session... 😔✊
I kind of lied about my age to get in to the Nuzlocke forums the first time. I revealed it in a post asking about the 2007 in my username and said it was my birth year. I then got banned until I turned 13...
How did you come across Nuzlocking for the first time?
I stumbled upon r/Nuzlocke!
does friday night funkin also live in your head rent free?
The songs are pretty funkin’ (pun intended) but I’ve never played it...
From one Treecko fan to another, which of the line is your favorite and why (including Mega Sceptile)?
I liked his attitude in the anime and I think reptiles are cool (I don’t own one).
@LHarm what’s your second-favorite starter Pokémon?
GOD BIRD! ROWLET IS GOD! Though really, I don’t have one... can I say Riolu as he was a choice in PMD?

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry
In a state of constant motion, even when dormant. Consequentially, this Pokemon is always tired.
hehe. heheheheheheh. e.ehnehehehe. my city now (ask me anything)

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Ayyy, you got it! Now for the question: What Pokémon spinoff game do you think all fans of the series should try, and why?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
Who is your favorite/least favorite Gym Leader and/or Elite Four member?

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
Who is your favorite Rival?

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Congrats on getting in! 😃

What are your favorite and least favorite Pokémon and why?

DestinyDragonGS

DRAGON INSTALL!!!!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is very relaxed and enjoys analyzing things. This Pokemon is also quick to snark at anything that gives it an opportunity
Favorite game?

"Absolutely Certain"

truly, indubitably (MD)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
no pronouns
Pokémon Type
Steel, ???
Pokédex Entry
In a state of constant motion, even when dormant. Consequentially, this Pokemon is always tired.
Ayyy, you got it! Now for the question: What Pokémon spinoff game do you think all fans of the series should try, and why?
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO

hmmm... i really really want to say Pokemon Mystery Dungeon; Explorers of Sky since i really, truly think it's one of the best entries to the pokemon canon ever. but it's also, a very very big game and i don't think i ever actually completed it? it's a LOT of fun but like. i can understand if some people just can't keep up or get frustrated w/it because i certainly have. it took me forever to finish the maingame as a kid and i still haven't finished it the most recent time i've played it (about last year?) it's a very rewarding play and you May cry. but also as someone with a poor-as-piss attention span, it's a miracle that i play so many nuzlockes in GENERAL, y'know?

so maybe for something that's not as much of a commitment, probably Pokemon Conquest. i remember having a lot of fun w/the main game and the stakes aren't super high. it feels a lot more approachable and i love all the character designs, and while i haven't played the side stories (and, having lost my 3ds, i can't play them at all until i get a new one), i'd say it's worth giving a shot! then again, i may be biased since i have a bias towards medieval fantasy stuff.

Who is your favorite/least favorite Gym Leader and/or Elite Four member?
Favorite Gym Leader: M-maylene... by a long shot....... i'm pretty sure i had a crush on her when i was younger and i always thought she was cool. i love her pink hair and her funy lucario and her habit of stammering--i only know her from the dppt games, so idk her anime presence, but like. Hehe. prety lady go brrrr. (also i think maylene & candice should kiss)

Favorite Elite Four Member: oh i have to think about this actually. first thought is Cynthia but i like her as a character in general and i feel like it's super obvious? second thought was Iris because i thought it was VERY very funny that this child is Now God. like you go girl, i believe in you! in terms of an actual answer though, it'd have to be Sinnoh's Bertha or Unova's Marshal. again, only experienced them thru the games, and partially motivated because i love their designs.

i think bertha would be a very very nice grandma with a bit of a trick up her sleeve, and i think she would genuinely give someone a hippopotas for christmas. meanwhile, i really like marshal's spirit and i think he'd be a fun guy to be around! though i may be biased towards his colors... i associate him w/his mienshao but i'm pretty sure he also has a conkeldurr and both are some of my favorite fighting-types too. a man after my own heart

Least Favorite Gym Leader: can't really think of anyone, gonna look up a list real quick... ehhhh, no one's really popping out to me that i particularly dislike. the ones that i've seen as most hated on (sabrina, whitney, clay) are actually some of my favorites (and MORE than just design-wise), and any gym leader that gets close to me hating them is really just fond ambivalence towards them. i'm even tempted to just go with B2W2's Marlon just to put someone here but i think he's cool too!! like, he came out of nowhere and he seems like a random nothing gym leader, but like. he's cool. he grew on me a lot without me even realizing it. i also have a whole pick of the kalos region but the kalos gym leaders have some of the BEST gym leader designs and they're also some of my favorites. even the fairy-typer! sowwy </3 maybe i'll just cop out and go any Orange Islands gym leader. fuck 'em. hate their guts. don't know what they did but they know

Least Favorite Elite Four Member: same problem as the gym leaders, i like them all a lot and the harshest i feel is fond ambivalence! pokemon's always been on their designing game (and if not the design/character tends to endear me anyways). i think i'll just pick on Sidney of Hoenn's elite four, even though he himself is cool and his design mostly slaps. i just hate his stupid hair. sorry sir, your tuft of hair does not disqualify you from being bald. hand over your bone privileges. i'm baldphobic

Who is your favorite Rival?
UGHHHHH hard question also... i'm generally. a huge fan of most anything pokemon so it's hard for me to come up with solid answers, haha. but lemme try... bede is a piece of shit and that's why he deserves everything that i own; barry is extremely powerful and goes fast speed and that's why he deserves everything that i own; silver is so stupid and i'll get him and th

but my Most favorite rivals are probably Bianca and Cheren! (Bede follows behind them, but it's Bianca & Cheren equally.) bw's characterization was ON POINT during that game and it was awesome getting to see where they were 2 years later, but like? i was super invested in both of their stories--both extremely invested in their pokemon journeys, being held back in internal and external ways but breaking through and discovering what path truly made them happiest. and they're still growing and learning (as seen in b2w2) and there's still much of life ahead of them, but like,,, it's very comforting, having seen them grow up with you in the game, and revisiting those games and realizing how much of their journey is still relevant. also, they're very cute and i think it's adorable how bianca & cheren switched glasses. (and presumably contacts?) they are my best friends and that's why they deserve everything that i own

Congrats on getting in! 😃

What are your favorite and least favorite Pokémon and why?
Favorite Pokemon: Jirachi, hands down. little baby me saw the wishmaker movie and was obsessed ever since. i've barely ever even used it in a game and even then it was in randomizers--but i LOVE that motherfucking starchild and its stomach eye. Hell yes. Fucked up and evil wishmaking space alien in the form of a popular shape beloved by many. second place is shiny vaporeon, followed by ampharos!

Least Favorite Pokemon: i actually don't have a least favorite anymore... aside from a comically overblown hatred that i have for the Nosepass/Probopass line. i've warmed up to them now but i still kind of sneer a little bit at them. pretending they're birds makes it so, so much better though, and the concept is actually great. sorry, buddy. you're a little harlot

Favorite game?
p-plkokemon ... p okist msonser................................ LOvbed thea Poekamonn saw

nostalgia-based it's either platinum or pmd; sky, but in terms of sheer replayability it's gotta be either any core gen 5 game or pokemon x. ehhh who am i kidding platinum is right the fuck up there too. i could just replay those games forever and NEVER get bored of them--pokemon x in particular! i don't know why, it just makes the brain go brbrbrbbrrrr

thank you all so much!! i'm going to scream at my comic now

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just won’t make cents.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
Most and least fun Nuzlockes you have done?

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
You've been hired by Game Freak to create an evolution for Houndoom. What is it called, and how does it look different?

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
You have a crystal ball that will tell you everything that is scheduled to happen that directly affects you until you die. You can only use its power once, and any actions you take based off of the knowledge will change the future. Would you look into the ball? If so, when?

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Favorite color?

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
What is the longest youve stayed awake?
40 hours. woke up at 6 am, stayed up all night, went to bed the following evening at around 10 pm. this was after final exams and i pretty much spent the whole time playing video games. probably wouldn't do it again.

Most and least fun Nuzlockes you have done?
most fun: white 1, for my ucl run on this forum. it was the first run i did under the so-called "hardcore" rules: set mode, no bag items and no overleveling the next gym leader. the game was consistently challenging and i was surprised at how well the exp system and the evolution levels were balanced. the final battle against ghetsis was the most tense battle i'd ever done in a pokemon game, and i was incredibly hyped when i won.

least fun: vega minus. i love vega, love the fakemons, and vega minus is a good game. but it was also the most frustrating nuzlocke experience i've ever had. going through the safari zone for an hour because everything else was a dupe, then having a skarmory run away just broke me. the late game was full of bad decisions and bad luck, and it was like the rng was rubbing it in.

You've been hired by Game Freak to create an evolution for Houndoom. What is it called, and how does it look different?
houndune, the desert storm pokemon. it looks like houndoom, but it's made of sand and smoke. its ability randomly changes the weather every turn along with its typing; it is always part dark and its other type matches the active weather.

You have a crystal ball that will tell you everything that is scheduled to happen that directly affects you until you die. You can only use its power once, and any actions you take based off of the knowledge will change the future. Would you look into the ball? If so, when?
i wouldn't look into the ball. i don't believe that it would make me a better person or better off, and it would be too much extra stuff to think about.

Favorite color?
indigo.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Hey-lo, I'm the Princess of Darkness, AMA.

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
What's your favorite Pokemon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)