• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
What is your favorite nuzlocke run you have ever read?
Is The Dark We Carry by @Dee a basic answer? Perhaps. Is it my answer? Yes. Orre is hell enough to nuzlocke, never mind making a storylocke that tackles issues of corruption, grief, and disability. That being said, if SSWLs are runs that I have "read," I also need to give a shout-out to GoT-ta Catch 'em All! by @Spectacles and The Terribly Titled Reactionlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation by @Derogatory Trainer . GoT-ta Catch 'em All! combines a difficult ruleset with a difficult narrative about the morality of war—and don't be scared off by the Game of Thrones aspect of it. I loved it, even though I have not watched (or read) Game of Thrones. As for Reactionlocke, it's a long haul run of basically you and the author versus the bullshit of the game. I love when writers can make their readers feel like they're a member of their team. (Also, this run is really funny. To be fair, the ridiculousness of the source material helps. As is the choice to include face-cam. Face-cam is always funny.)

What made you love Bowser so much?
Bowser can be so many things! A threatening villain (most of the Mario platformers), a struggling father (Super Mario Sunshine), a lovable oaf (the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series)... Yet for all these things he can be, not one of them feels disingenuous to the original form—which, to be fair, isn't much: the Godzilla-turtle steals the girl. Yes, Bowser can be that, but I respect that Nintendo has experimented to make him so many other things as well! (Besides, who doesn't love this cool spiky, dragon thing?)

Favorite Pokemon you've ever had in a nuzlocke?
Ooh, that's a toughie. Out of non-documented runs, I'd have to say "NAPS," my psuedo-starter of my (very bloody) Sun wonderlocke. I discovered my soft spot for Elgyem because of him! ^^ But I always end up getting more attached to Pokemon from documented runs. My favorite character from Ashes To Ashes is Buddy the Pikachu, but my actual favorite Pokemon to use was Dakota the Nidoqueen. (I'd never actually used a Nido before, if you can believe it, but I needed some gen 1 type coverage!) And while I can't elaborate too much because ~spoilers~, I do love both Baldr and Sindri, from my White 2 storylocke Brotherhood. So favorite? Uh.... I'll say Dakota for now because I like how Ashes To Ashes turned out, but I'm trying to have Brotherhood be an even better story, so look out!

Favorite ice cream flavor?
This one, on the other hand, is an easy one for me: mint chocolate chip! I love mint (it's one of the few "strong" tastes I like), and it always feels like you've gamed the system when you get a topping included with your flavor—or at least it feels like that to me. >_> (Side note: I know the green is just unnecessary food coloring, but it still bothers me whenever I get white mint chocolate chip because I worry I misspoke or something. ._.)

What's your opinion on Giga Bowser?
hes kinda ugly tbh

OK, OK, I'll elaborate! I didn't grow up with Super Smash Bros Melee (and have, in fact, still never played it), so I don't have any nostalgic attachment to it. Furthermore, I don't play a ton of Super Smash Bros in general, so I never think of Giga Bowser when I think of the character I love so much. (Giga Bowser is an actually useful Final Smash in Ultimate, though, which is more than I can say for my Ultimate main: Pikachu. you can just air dodge-)

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
This thread interested me, so it is time that I join in on the fun
AMA!

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Why Incineroar?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Least favorite Smash character?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
If you could travel to any fictional location imaginable, where would you like to go and why?

Derogatory Trainer

The hero you don't need but you're getting anyway.
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Wanted to be an Instagram whore but I got lost so now I do Reaction-Lockes.

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Yay I can answer these now
Why Incineroar?
1. cat
2. Wrestler
Enough said
If you could instantly learn a new language, which will you choose?
Japanese so I can finally know what the hell is being said in anime
Least favorite Smash character?
I hate pikachu, stupid little rat
If you could travel to any fictional location imaginable, where would you like to go and why?
Wedgehurst seems like a nice place to live
What are your favourite Pokemon Openings? Both English and Japanese.
the XYZ season openings, It has the most catchy songs for both english and japanese
And that is all

Derogatory Trainer

The hero you don't need but you're getting anyway.
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Wanted to be an Instagram whore but I got lost so now I do Reaction-Lockes.

redninjapuffle

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
What got you into nuzlockes?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
What is your currently favorite story/comic (Nuzlocke and otherwise)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)