• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
Ask Me Anything, Xenforo Edition

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Hi, I'm Memento, AMA~

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
Top 3 worst deaths assuming you have any?

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
If you're the Princess Of Darkness, is Ozzy Osbourne a relation?

What're your favourite games outside of Pokemon? (Asking because we're of similar age and probably have similar tastes!)

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
What is your favourite savoury food?

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Do you have any pets?

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Any dishes you would recommend to someone?

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
What's your favorite character among those you invented in one of you creations/stories?
Oh, wow. You may as well ask who my favorite child is; I love all of my characters equally and unconditionally, haha. XD Hmm...damn, I really can't decide. I'm sorry, but I love literally all of my characters a ton, even the jackasses amongst them.

Top 3 worst deaths assuming you have any?
Ah, yes. Top three worst deaths were all Jupiter's Skuntank. Tied for second/third are Briar the Staravia, and Abby the Luxio in Obliteration. It sucked because they had a double intimidate core, were a couple - literally - in the story, and I had grown attached to them.

Worst death was another Staravia in Stan...the very first Pokemon I lost in a Nuzlocke. I had stared at the screen for a minute or two, not believing that a crit night slash would take him down. Guess I had a problem learning from Stan's death.

If you're the Princess Of Darkness, is Ozzy Osbourne a relation?

What're your favourite games outside of Pokemon? (Asking because we're of similar age and probably have similar tastes!)
Yeah, I know Ozzy. He's got nothing on me.

Ooh, that' s a tough question. I'll go with a game that was on the Xbox One in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/War. It's so much fun to kill orcs...but the real fun comes from branding them and making them obey you. The gameplay is a mix between the Batman Arkham series (melee combat), Assassin's Creed (stealth), and Red Dead Redemption (ranged). The plot for Mordor isn't that great (War makes up for it), but it's a blast to play, and I highly recommend it.

What is your favourite savoury food?
Favorite savory food, eh? Hmm...well, does barbeque count? I'll go with that. A good barbeque - with a dry-rub; I don't really like sauce - is probably my favorite food ever.

Do you have any pets?
Well, I did. Had a golden retriever named Granger when I was four. He was my only friend for quite some time. My folks have had cats (including the newest one, Destiny, who is as close to a pet as I can have). But I can't say that I have any; the place where I live won't allow them.

Any dishes you would recommend to someone?
Jambalaya/gumbo. It takes a lot of time to make it, but damn, if it isn't satisfying. The aforementioned barbeque in a previous question is also good, especially ribs.

Granted, I suck at cooking, so I don't know how to make any of them, haha~ XD

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
What is the backstory to your user name (if there is a story behind that is).

Argentum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Tell us your best knock knock joke!

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
How is your daughter going? How are you and your wife adjusting, a few months in?

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saddest death from one of your documented runs?

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
@RR Sharp - (What is the backstory to your user name (if there is a story behind that is).)
There actually is, though it is not that interesting I guess. Boys and girls, let me take you to the magical time called the very early 2000s, when if you wanted to play online with your friend, one of the few ways you had was playing through Blizzard’s Battlenet! Though seriously, back in 2002 when Warcraft III came out I was 13 and it was the first time I ever had to open a new online account for anything. I just stared endlessly at the loading screen trying to come up with a nickname. My older brother also had a two words nickname as well, and that lion with the sapphire eyes inspired to go with SapphireClaw. Though I’m not sure if the name was just too long, or my love for Rubies and their deep red color convinced me otherwise, but I eventually decided to go with RubyClaw instead, and that’s about it. It remained one of two nicknames I almost always use online ever since (and with my love for Fire pokemon such as Charmander, it works well in a pokemon context as well!).

@Argentum - (Tell us your best knock knock joke!)

Well, it works better as a meme but sure. Just remember you asked for it :P

A: Knock, knock.
B: Who’s there?
A: Cargo.
B: Cargo, who?
A: No, cargo beep-beep! Vrum, vrum!

@csidvuL - (How is your daughter going? How are you and your wife adjusting, a few months in?).
She is doing great thank you! I’m biased of course, but she is extremely adorable, behaves so well and sleeps properly which is blessed at this age (especially when she is feeling well and doesn’t have stomach aches the poor thing). I just wish I could spend more time with her in this crucial young age, but I got to balance work and life as society dictates. My wife and I are both adjusting rather well I’d say, and my wife is just amazing with her (and in general). There are a lot of changes going on in our lives lately (we are moving to a new place soon, work changes, Covid affecting just about everything, etc) so it can sometimes be a bit too much, so I can’t wait to have a more stable routine to hopefully let us all flourish even more in.

@mewstein - (Hey Mr. Scientist, what invention or discovery's gonna net you that Nobel Prize?)
lol, at my age and as someone who left the academy for the industry, it seems more likely at this point that I’ll get it for Peace or Literature rather than chemistry/medicine :P. But if it were for a discovery/invention, it would probably be an unintended one that is somewhat related to my interests like a new genetic regulator/system that can be used for genetic manipulations or gene control in ways that weren't known before. Speaking of which, shoutout for this year’s winners Doudna and Charpentier! Using CRISPR as a genetic tool is indeed an amazing invention and they are worthy of it (along with the folks who actually discovered it if you ask me like Francisco Mojica, but never mind, the politics of science).

@Skarmizard - Ah, a tough question, I had so many deaths, and most of them were rather sad. But the one that usually comes to mind when I’m asked this question is the death of
Scythe my Incineraor. He was such a hero, bless his soul, and made me totally fall in love with this evolutionary line. He was with me throughout the hardest moments, and I lost him to Lusamine in one of the hardest battles I ever had. He fell to her Milotic (which shows you how desperate I was sending him against it), after surviving thanks to his affection, and still dying in the end. I want to believe his spirit continued inside his best buddy Quake the Hariyama which he made it all the way to the end.

Fun as always! Who’s next?

Argentum

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
It’s been a while I felt, might as well give it a try! (I’ve been avoiding going for a while in order to keep this fresh.)

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
What was your best nuzlocke moment?

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
What´s your most memorable Pokémon battle, of all time?

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
What is your favorite season and why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)