• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Play by Post Alter Word

Thread Description
merriam-webster save you now

Tai-Wind

Don't call it a comeback
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Beautiful
i come back here and find out this festival plaza doesn't have alter word in it? for shame

what is alter word? the premise is relatively simple. the first user posts a word, the next user takes that word and does one, two or three of these three things to it:

1. rearrange the letters
2. change at most one letter in the word for a different letter
3. add or remove at most one letter to/from the word

so for example, paint -> tarp is a valid move (you rearrange the letters, remove the i and change n into r)
sounds real easy, doesn't it? with that said, there's some rules (or suggestions rather) to consider.

1. please try to make your words actual words, otherwise the game becomes boring. proper nouns are fine (like, pokemon or cities or such) but otherwise make sure it's in the dictionary.
2. in accordance with festival plaza rules, i'd ask you to refrain from making posts just containing your word. for instance, try using it in a sentence or somesuch (but highlight it somehow so we know which word it is).

so with all that said, let this game START

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Kanto League Champion
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
Start - Party? (Removed the S, T turned to P and added an Y)

SimplyUnknown

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Party to Pretty

Changed the a to e and added a t.

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
I'll go with a more simple change—I hope you won't find it petty.

Tai-Wind

Don't call it a comeback
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Beautiful
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
finally, someone who understands what i meant by "use it in a sentence"

i mean, i'm not gonna be a pest about requiring it of people but it would be nice :^)

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
It's OK to feel upset about people not using their words in sentences. You did start this game, after all.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Gosh, did you really go through the lengths to setup that white text after your word? That’s dedication.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)