• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Alola Teen Mon Alloyed Chains: Flower

Thread Description
A little girl wears a magical necklace from her late father, instructed to wear it when she receives her first Pokémon.

mike-princeofstars

society 0, monkey 1
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 3, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
it/its
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This strange Infernape can normally be found silently weeping as it attempts to draw. It loves sleeping at odd hours. It tries its best.
comic_banner_1_half_size.png

Content Warnings: Blood/mild gore, occasional swears, major character death, animal-like beings suffering, child abuse

----------------

DeviantArt | ComicFury | Patreon

Updates several pages at a time on every other Sunday.

----------------

The Flower at the first frost is one liable to falter.

After an easy move to Alola and the promise of her very own Pokémon, Dahlia starts wearing a strange necklace given to her by her late father. Determined to go on a region-wide adventure, Dahlia realizes that this necklace is a bit more than her dad let on. It has strange power. Power that attracts unwanted attention.

----------------

hi all! i'm really glad to finally share my nuzlocke comic!! it's only got 3 pages so far, but i hope you guys enjoy!!

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
nice start to the comic! as a big fan of plants and grass types I already want the best for Dahlia. Also Dahlias are some of my favorite flowers, so excellent name taste. I look forward to seeing where your comic goes from here, what with the magical shape changing necklace and all.

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Filled with boundless creativity and a mane of stars, Cosmicore is only seen once in a blue moon, showing the world what it has to offer.
Looking good so far! I decided to read through the comic and I'm liking what I see so far. The background and character designs are really well-done, the idea of the necklace is interesting, and I like the internal monologue that Dahlia's got so far. From what I see in the banner, you end up getting a lot of Flying types, but I hope that you do well in your journey!

I also like how she lives with her dad's(?) old team and they help her with her stuff. It's unique.

mike-princeofstars

society 0, monkey 1
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 3, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
it/its
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This strange Infernape can normally be found silently weeping as it attempts to draw. It loves sleeping at odd hours. It tries its best.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looking good so far! I decided to read through the comic and I'm liking what I see so far. The background and character designs are really well-done, the idea of the necklace is interesting, and I like the internal monologue that Dahlia's got so far. From what I see in the banner, you end up getting a lot of Flying types, but I hope that you do well in your journey!

I also like how she lives with her dad's(?) old team and they help her with her stuff. It's unique.
thank you!! and yes, they're her dad's old team! except for the meowth, which belongs to dahlia's mom.

mike-princeofstars

society 0, monkey 1
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 3, 2021
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
it/its
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
5 new pages have been posted today on both comicfury and deviantart! (the links take you to the first page of the batch uploaded today.)

Users who are viewing this thread