• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Alex's Totally Cool and Popular Art Blog

Thread Description
Or something to that effect, I dunno

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
Mostly just using this for posting non comic related projects, or whatever else I feel like.

CURRENT PROJECT
Currently doing an Inktober Alternate (because I'd rather not support the original creator of Inktober, due to how scummy of a person he is), and using it to create Fakemon.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Sightings of them in the wild are rare, as they prefer to stay indoors with their art tablet and little siblings.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Toxilopod, the Noxious Pokemon

Despite their outwardly offputting prescense, Toxilopod are often misunderstood, thought to be treacherous, dangerous pokemon. In truth, they are easily frightened, hard of seeing little bundles of toxic fumes, who's gases are so irritating that it evolved to form a partially see through exoskeleton around its face.

So...not sure how I feel about this one. I liked the concept a lot more than the final design came out. I could probably spend a lot more time tweaking it about, workshopping stuff, but I think I wanna save that refining process for after Inktober ends. Cause I still got 30 of these mofos to make.

But, I decided to base this off of the old perception of octopi and squid as these monstrous, dangerous things that lurk in the depths, that are malicious towards people, but in actuality are just intelligent and easily frightened. And cause WWII gas masks are just cool.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry

Vibrily, the Disarming Pokemon

Despite its outwardly charming and unassuming look to humans, Vibrily are actually notorious predators in the wild, sitting in wait in beds of flowers for unsuspecting prey to come along. When it gets to close, Vibrily will hop out, using its speed to close in and devour its victims.

I am really proud of how this one came out. The actual concept combined with the full on design meshed perfectly, as I always thought we needed a hummingbird pokemon, but found just making a regular old grass bird would be pretty lackluster. So, instead, have a tiny bird that functions almost like a venus fly trap, but scarier! Fun fact, in my head, this would be like Flabebe, where, depending on what color flowers you find it in, changes the color around its neck and on the flower.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
Knightmare, the Raider Pokemon

Whilst Rapidashes are considered to be noble, kind pokemon of pure speed, Knightmares are their more devious cousins. Built to withstand and induce terror, Knightmares are known for their run by attacks, battering down weaker pokemon in an area to claim dominion over that territory.

So, woke up late today, so I had a late start. This...was an interesting one. I had a lot of potential ideas for this, and was intially going to do a type of pegasus split evolution from Ponyta. Unfortunately, the idea strayed pretty close to the Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, so I decided instead a darker version would both set it apart, and fit the halloween theme. And yes, it's a split evolution from Ponyta. Don't ask me how no one's ever discovered it before. The answer is completely unkown. Totally.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
SO GUESS WHO HASN'T BEEN POSTING FOR THE PAST FOUR DAYS?

Well it's cause I didn't have much time for a couple days, then had to play catch up. So, enjoy, 4 for the price of 1!

Skimbus, the Fly Fishing Pokemon
Born in the clouds above, Skimbus hop between pond like clouds, people often mistaking them for birds. When enough Skimbus collect in a cloud, it begins to rain.

Muerterrier, the Terror Pokemon
Solitary creatures, the Muerterrier is often mistaken for an apex predator. Due to poor eyesight and large, unwieldy claws that it skitters around on, it is much more capable of giving you a good scare than actually causing harm.

Glowecko, the Bioluminescent Pokemon
Due to the every changing portion of its stomach, travelers often use this pokemon's impeccable memory to figure out their positioning, then having it lead the way. The glow of the Glowecko wanes and grows in tandem with the cycle of the moon, leading ancient cultures to worship it as an oracle of stability.

Glunite, the Ooze Pokemon
Originally thought to be another breed of Geodude, the Glunite are actually the gooey interior, using wayward rocks to form a protective exoskeleton around it.

So, lots of kind of weird ideas here. I'll be honest, days 5-7 I really had...no idea about, going into it. They also went through quite a few design changes. The Muerterrier was originally more of a werewolf, the Glowecko was more storm themed, and the Glunite was...more like Minior?

I dunno, I personally think that Skimbus is one of my better ideas, it really just works. As for the others, I decided to blend a chubacabra with the ring girl, but still give it that big dorky look that made it feel more pokemon, the Glowecko is based on native american designs for its patterns and its general shape, and Glunite I kind of haphazardly threw together because I still don't know if I like it.

Alex_Nidas

I'm lazy and I'm proud
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry

(Regional Variant) Crustle, the Stone Home Pokemon
Dwebble who grow up in man made communities have been found to sometimes be drawn towards cemeteries, confused by people's reverence for simple stone sculptures. In hopes to draw those people's attention, they adopt this style of home upon evolution.

So, because Crab + Insect is already a pokemon design, I decided to have a lot of fun with this one. I was originally tempted to do like a steel typing, or maybe a fire one, but ghost seemed to fit the October mood the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)