• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Screenshot Let's Play General A World of Light Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Hard Mode (Updated 9/30)

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
I think if it gets REALLY unbalanced, it automatically plays the bad ending. I haven't tested this, so don't quote me.
Also, if it's not balanced to the middle, you can't enter the fight where you play as Master Hand.

And another fun thing I learned when I nuzlocked World of Light (too lazy to document. Sue me.) is that it's actually possible to go through the entire Dark Realm without fighting Crazy Hand.

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
the Corrin hate is from his/her character/personality. As an actual unit he/she's the best unit in the game basically (and required every chapter) but depending on the version you play (actually in all versions really), just some of his/her decisions are so dumb or make no sense. And the entire cast just beats off to him/her. it's stuff like "What you're saying makes no sense at all. Jumping off this cliff will kill me, why should I do it?" "I can't explain. Just trust me" "oh okay. Because it's you, Corrin, I'll trust you and jump off this cliff." and yes that's an actual plot point (Jumping off the cliff takes you to another world where the REAL enemy is).

I too am confused why they cut Magnus as an AT. Unless... he's in the DLC pack! (which, while unlikely, I could see happening).

Don't diss Thanatos. He's great.

5 music tracks? While there's plenty of music that I'd like in this game, Imma pick them all from FFVII cause that series SERIOUSLY needs more music. the 5 tracks I'd add are "Bombing Mission," "Jenova," "Chcobo Theme," "Gold Saucer," and "One-Winged Angel." all great tracks worth listening to.

EDIT: I forgot there were two Chocobo Tracks in FFVII, so I'm picking the fiddle version.

Last edited:

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.
the Corrin hate is from his/her character/personality. As an actual unit he/she's the best unit in the game basically (and required every chapter) but depending on the version you play (actually in all versions really), just some of his/her decisions are so dumb or make no sense. And the entire cast just beats off to him/her. it's stuff like "What you're saying makes no sense at all. Jumping off this cliff will kill me, why should I do it?" "I can't explain. Just trust me" "oh okay. Because it's you, Corrin, I'll trust you and jump off this cliff." and yes that's an actual plot point (Jumping off the cliff takes you to another world where the REAL enemy is).
To be fair, said world had a curse on it that forbade anybody outside from speaking of it (or the true enemy), with anybody who tries suffering very fatal consequences. Arete (Azura's mother) learned that the hard way.

he does have the best Star KO in Ultimate.
Excuse me?! Roy's second at best. Simply because you absolutely cannot top Pit's Star KO! "I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO REAAAAAD!"

Which, by the way, is a reference to chapter 17 of Kid Icarus Uprising.

Now as for the question, I think I can trim the list down to five, though it's difficult considering I'm talking about GOD DAMN TOUHOU MUSIC.

I'm thinking remixes of the following five songs:

Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle

Love-Coloured Master Spark

Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial

Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When?

Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon

If I could add a sixth, it would probably be Faith is for the Transient People.

Last edited:

DestinyDragonGS

Plays way too many Fighting games
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is very relaxed and enjoys analyzing things. This Pokemon is also quick to snark at anything that gives it an opportunity

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
There's more to do in the base? That's cool. It was a content-filled subarea already, so it's- *remembers the death*

Your little buddy did it. You can rest now.

Nikki is from a Nintendo 3DS application called Swapnote. It was discontinued because people drew inappropriate things. Yeah, Spotpass functionality wasn't the best idea. Surprisingly enough, despite its predecessor, Pictochat, only allowing local communication, there was concern about people communicating with children inappropriately.

He put up a decent fight, but the Beastball took him out. I don't really have an opinion of Game and Watch-I mean, technically he's not really a "character" per se since he was created specifically for Melee. Judge is one of the most ridiculous things ever though, and he had the most WTF moment in Subspace (apparently he was the source of the Shadow Bugs).
Actually, Mr. Game & Watch is a reference to the old Game & Watch series of games. While it's true that no one singular character was consistent across the series, so many of them featured a generic man that it made sense, in order to pay homage to that piece of Nintendo's history, to make one "Game & Watch" character that could contain references from throughout the series.

Yep. Also I feel like having Azura guarding him is a reference, which is neat.
Azura guarding Corrin is a reference! Azura is one of the few characters from all three versions of Fates. She's important in all three but particularly in the "true path"/"golden ending": Revelations. Fire Emblem Fates is one big family drama. The crux of the drama is that two different royal families claim you/Corrin/the Avatar character as their own. But despite one royal family claiming to be Corrin's biological family (the Hoshidan royal family: the main characters of Birthright)—which all of the currently living family members believe—they are, in fact, both "adoptive" families. Corrin's mother, Mikoto, was the second wife of the Hoshidan king. Mikoto's sister, Arete, was the wife of the Nohrian king. So, Corrin, despite having eight different people claiming to be their siblings, only has one living biological family member: Azura, their first cousin. When people talk about how bad Fates is, there are a lot of layers to it, but, for me, the most egregious offense is how Revelations erases the moral complexity by making one "big bad" behind everything, and he gets defeated, and Corrin doesn't need to examine their filial allegiances because no one except that one big bad, who they have no attachment, did anything wrong. Everyone else was ignorant, and once they learn the truth, they all drop everything to do the right thing.

Richter:

Not too hard. I actually like Junior, although I'm not the biggest fan of keeping him in the Clown Car, even though it is unique. And I like that they added the Koopalings as alts, even though having them in the Clown Car doesn't really make sense (and having Shadow Mario as their Final Smash makes even less sense). I still want to know who the mother is though, since Peach is very insistent it's not her 🤔
(My headcanon is that Bowser adopted the Koopalings. I don't accept the retcon of them not being his kids anymore when supposedly they were for 20+ years. Whether he adopted them before or after he had Junior is up for debate.)
I always thought Bowser mass-producted Clown Cars—or at least gave some to his other kids. In the intro cutscene for New Super Mario Bros U, it can be seen that the Koopalings have individual airships—and airships have to be more expensive than Clown Cars! (You can make multiple Clown Cars in a Mario Maker level but not multiple airships. There. I've figured out the Koopa Kingdom economy. :P) As for the Koopalings' status, I don't accept the retcon either. I stan Bowser as an adoptive father who has been told by society that a single father can not raise children. Gender roles was the real villain of the Mario series all along.
So, the thing about the final section is, you need to fight roughly the same amount of light and dark spirits.

If you fight more of one than the other, this happens...and if you let it get too imbalanced (I've never tested it, but I read somewhere around 12 is the tipping point), one of Galeem/Dharkon will be inaccessible. But that is reversible.
Huh. That's a really interesting mechanic from a ludonarrative consistency standpoint, but I can't imagine it's fun from a gameplay standpoint. XD

Wouldn't Bayonetta make more sense since she can turn into a bat?
And because of how Bayonetta too weaponizes her femininity?

Another flawless victory. It's not quite "Luigi wins by doing nothing", but still satisfying.
Luigi wins by losing nothing! ^^

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today we grab the last two characters and get closer to the final battle. But one more fighter falls along the way...

@Mr Spaz: I don't want to try it, but that would make a lot of sense. The game should definitely warn you beforehand if that's the case...
Oh, nice! How did your run go?
...wait, WHAT? How did you skip Crazy Hand???

@hobohunter: ...No wonder you and Bowser were saying Fates has terrible writing. I feel like I'd want to strangle Corrin five minutes in if it's that bad...
And that has to be one of the weirdest plot points ever. How do you make that even remotely logical?
I could maybe see it, but I feel like there's other series with less reps that might have a better shot.
Is he? He looks like an ugly clown...
I still wonder why they only added two tracks from FF. I don't know too many, but it could definitely use more.
*listens*
Those would all be great additions!

@Neosonic97: That makes a little more sense, but it's still a really weird plot point...
That's fair, I was just thinking of how epic Roy's scream is. Reminds me of Fox's in 4...that one gave me chills the first time I heard it. But yeah, Pit's is really good.
...I always thought he was actually saying reap and everyone just heard it as read...so Pit is canon illiterate? :c
*listens*
Okay, I was a little unsure at first, but those are all really solid tracks!

@DestinyDragonGS: *looks up on Smashwiki*
Jeez, you weren't kidding...they threw Corrin into irrelevance hardcore.
I'm kind of afraid to see, but at the same time I kind of want to see how crazy they get 👀
*listens*
Remind me to look up the whole soundtrack sometime, those were all amazing!

@Bowser's Family Vacation: I wish there would've been more stuff to do, but no, it was all a revenge mission. Wouldn't mind if you got sent back to it later on to do more stuff though.
Oh, so it was like a precursor to Miiverse? Why am I not surprised some nasty freaks out there ruined it 😔
O_o at Corrin's mess of a family tree. And I thought my family was messy/overdramatic...
Yeah, that sounds like a really cheap cop-out for what could have been a gripping story. It wraps up way too conveniently...no wonder you were saying the writing is terrible.
That GIF is a pretty accurate reenactment of Richter's death :c
That would make sense, especially since airships need cannons and rocket engines and boss rooms and etc.
As someone whose mother wasn't really in the picture from roughly 11 to 16, I fully support Bowser as a single dad/destruction of gender roles. (Things are way better with my mom now, but that's off-topic.)

Yeah, it's a fun mechanic story-wise, but game-wise it's annoying but logical. You just have to choose your battles carefully so you can avoid the worst ones (and don't let it get too imbalanced or you're screwed).
That too-I was originally going to say "because Bayo's also female", but I think you said it way better (plus it wouldn't be the first time a spirit's in an opposite-gender fighter).
Hey, we've found a subcategory for that meme!

Question: honestly, it's hard to narrow down to 5 tracks I would add because there are so many great choices. But if I had the choice, I'd add Bowser (Yoshi's Island), Elder Princess Shroob's true form (Partners in Time), Shadow Peach (TTYD), either RSE's Elite Four or the ORAS version, and Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 8).
Honorable mentions: Mario RPG's regular boss music, Culex, and Smithy (Phase 1), Bowser (SM64) (not Ultimate Koopa, I like the first two fights' music more), World Bowser (3D World) mixed with Bowser's Highway Showdown, Void Termina, a rock/metal version of Star Fox 64's boss music, and this might be controversial, but since they added Megalovania, I wouldn't mind adding Battle Against a True Hero. I'm not into Undertale, but it does have some great music.
...Yeah, I have a lot of music I'd want in if I had the choice :sweatdrop:

All that's left to do is fight the last two Hands and grab the last two characters, then make our way to the end of the section while keeping light and dark balanced. Not too hard, right?

I still think if the Sonic series ever gets a second playable fighter, it'll be Tails. Either him or Shadow...outside chance of Knuckles, or Amy if they want a female character?

Knuckles makes this fight annoying, since he loves to pop up under you and surprise you.

Go away!

And done.

The second greatest Mario dog! (Polterpup is #1, don't @ me. Just look at LM3 if you need convincing.)

Poochy is a very good boy as well, though. Somehow he goes through lava without giving a shit.

Easier than finding the Poochy Pups in Crafted World.

Starfy's girlfriend, or sister?

I got Rested twice, but survived.

More annoying than it needed to be.

I haven't seen much of the games, but from what I have seen, I'm not a fan of this character. And Bayo looks way better with black hair.

Easy enough.

Final Battle enhancable Spirit counter: 7

Maybe it's just me, but this guy doesn't look like much of a fighter...

Also pretty simple. Trying to use as many characters as possible at this point.

Fighting both at once would actually be a pretty cool idea for a final boss fight in a Metroid game.

So I went after Mother Brain first, but...

...even after I destroyed her, she just respawned again.

Destroyed her again and then finished up.

(8)

...How did his old ugly ass get so many different women???

Hell, Ganondorf is probably better looking, and he's ugly too (especially in Brawl).

Couldn't quite get rid of him before he got his FS, but I had plenty of health, so it's fine.

I Nosferatued him to death.

So one Hand is guarded by Solgaleo and the other by Lunala...how fitting.

Decided to stall Solgaleo out before fighting Incineroar.

The stage lighting made him look green instead of gold...

Since I had so much health, I figured I'd just go for the kill and risk the FS.

And it worked.

Ugh, I HATED this fight on my first run. And again with an annoying female Corrin 😒

And Shulk just won't die.

I tried to dodge, but she still nailed me with this...

But I lived! And now I have my own.

I don't really get why they didn't change Robin's FS now that Chrom got in-it doesn't really make sense anymore. But at least it finally killed Shulk.

She went down right after. Which leads us to one of the last two fighters...

Obviously the goddess of light would be in the final section. According to Sakurai, she was considered to be the lone survivor (along with the other character we'll find soon), but he went with Kirby since a) he's easier to pick up and use and b) it wouldn't make sense for her/the other character to survive when other equally powerful characters from their worlds didn't.

She refused to go down, and ended up getting an FS off, which I couldn't avoid...

I survived it, but I just couldn't get the kill. We traded a few more hits, but...

...she up-smashed Robin to his doom...

I was honestly surprised this was the first time I lost a fighter in an unlock battle. I guess it makes sense that Palutena would be the one to do it, since she's a notoriously difficult unlock if you get her through playing the game long enough (she's the last fighter you unlock that way).
Or I guess you could look at it as she was angry with me for letting Pit die. Weird way to take revenge, though, especially since Robin isn't one of my favorite characters by any means. Still sucks though.

I figured Lucina was the best choice to get revenge.

I think she went a little berserk, because this time it was easy. I actually like Palutena, even though I don't care for either Pit. She's fun to use, and I really like her personality. Shame she has blood on her hands in this run...

One final Master Hand fight.

I actually don't think I'd ever seen him use this attack until this run.

Not that it did much.

And then he threw a water ink balloon at me, which was more annoying than anything.

I'm glad he's finally using some unique moves.

But he went down just the same as all the others. We only get one reward from this fight, but it's a big one:

(No, the spirit isn't it.)

Instead of violently exploding, he survives, and apparently awakens...

And it turns out this was the real Master Hand! I guess he was captured and cloned 700+ times before the beginning of WoL...which is more of an answer than we got regarding Tabuu controlling him in Subspace.

He flies to the top of the map and opens a rift in the ground. It'll come in handy soon.

And now to save the real Crazy Hand, which means going through several similar fights.

Naturally I figured I'd stall out Lunala like I did Solgaleo.

And done.

I thought this was gonna be another brutal fight...

But it was not! Not sure how, but I'm not complaining. And that leads to the final character:

Makes sense, since I guess you could say she's Palutena's dark counterpart.

I felt this was an appropriate matchup.

And that's our last fighter! Even though I've never played her series, Bayonetta is pretty high on my favorites list, but not for that reason-I just like badass women who don't give a fuck. It's a shame she gets blamed for Smash 4's death (her and Ultimate's announcement/release). Seems kind of unfair since Brawl Meta Knight was just as busted, but he doesn't get blamed for Brawl not catching on like she does for supposedly killing 4...

Anyway, now to grab Crazy Hand.

The only notable thing about this fight is that it's on normal FD rather than the dark version from the other fights.

And he did that.

The fight went on long enough FD went dark anyway.

And he's down!

You know what this means.

Yep. Crazy Hand is one of the weirdest things in Smash IMO-why is he batshit insane compared to Master Hand? And where did he even come from? And why was he totally absent in Subspace?
So many questions.

Anyway, he joins Master at the top of the map and widens the rift. Now we just have to get there while keeping the map balanced...

But it shouldn't be too hard, as long as we choose our fights carefully.

Neither one flew over the stage to his death, but it was still easy.

This fight is a cute nod to Yoshi's Island.

Mainly since there are 8 Yoshis of different colors. If we had an orange or brown Yoshi, it would be perfect...

Somehow, even with Mario's shield broken, I missed him when I used the FS.

So despite the satisfying visual, this didn't get me anywhere.

Oh well, an up-smash took him out.

(9)

What even is she? Some kind of fish woman?

The fight was very easy. Don't know why there are 2-stars in the final section-IMO it should be 3- and 4-stars only.

Case in point-this is another fight that's too easy for the endgame.

Having all the round characters in it is cute, though.

Yeah, no real challenge.

That's more like it! But even though she's the same power as Tabuu, I've never really found this fight as hard as he was.

But just to be safe, I'd rather not risk a fighter I'm attached to.

So far, so good...

She looks like she's just totally done with your shit 😂

That FS is a hundred times less worrying in Stamina mode.

And done. That effect would've been handy earlier on, but it also would wipe out a lot of challenge, so it's probably better to leave it toward the end.

Damn, Bowser in a suit is suave AF.

The annoying thing about this fight is keeping Peach alive since she doesn't have the sense to run away.

But when he just forgets to get on the platform, it's easy.

Just to jam a stake in people's hearts, both the last "dark" spirit and the last "light" spirit are from Mother 3. It'd be one thing if you've never played it/seen someone play it, but if you have...

The first Lucas is easy, but then the metal one shows up and refuses to die.

Luckily this isn't too threatening, but he's at 213% and barely budging.

Even my own FS barely did anything.

But the second one finished it, after another 100% or so (he was over 400% when he finally went down).

And we've made it to the top! But the map's unbalanced, which means we have to do a couple more light battles first.

You would have thought when they made the "god" Pokémon they'd have stopped because they were out of ideas. But we're 400+ Pokémon later and still going strong.
...My question is, why Corrin?

Arceus is kind of a crap Poké Ball summon though, since if you're on solid ground he's kind of useless.

Missed the shot, but I won. Look closely at his stats-they're both 2006, the same year DP came out in Japan. Another cute reference.

Naturally since we had Wedding Bowser, we have Wedding Peach as well. And credit to Bowser-she looks stunning.

Now Peach wants to run away from the fight. Why couldn't she have done that in the other battle?

Get rid of Mario and you've basically won, since she doesn't really fight back.

...Yeah, you have to fight both Lucas's brother and his mom. Not sure why they needed to do that...although depending on how you look at it, could this be a reunion for Lucas?

And of course both fights have that music...luckily it's not the final version. I honestly almost started crying the first time I listened to it, and that was without knowing anything about the game...
(I was also in a really bad mental place at the time, which was about a year ago. I ended up actually breaking down listening to freaking Mario 64's credits music, since someone in that video's comments wrote some beautiful words to it that really resonated with me and what I was going through at the time. I'm better now, but those two themes still give me feels, just less extreme ones.)
We are all here now
We've lived our lives
Let's take a bow
Because of our memories

Memories are what make us special
And they're all what make us so unique
That's why we look back at them
Over and over and over again
Memories are what make us special
But they're not always very pretty
But we can take a moment
And look back at them and laugh

Some times were great and some were tragic
But we are lucky to have these things

We are glad to have all the memories and we sure are very grateful to share the moments
We can memorize all the great things and we'll never forget about the loving memories

Memories are what makes us all great
And we thank you for sharing them with us
We don't want to forget that adventure that we had

Some times were great and some were tragic
But we are lucky to have these things

We are glad to have all the memories and we sure are very grateful to share the moments
We can memorize all the great things and we'll never forget about the loving memories

So don't you forget about all of us and we guarantee that we won't forget about you
Don't you ever cry cause it ended smile because it happened and it was a marvelous adventure we had today

Sing sing sing a song about memories so now you see....
Thank you so much for playing my game.
...Yeah. Every once in a while, there's a nice comment on Youtube.
(Speaking of lyrics, I finally finished writing some for the Dark Realm's theme. I'm not going to sing them, but if you're interested, I'll post them next time.)

Mercifully this fight is much less sad than anything from Mother 3 is.

Had to seek out one more fight to fully balance the map.

A Franklin Badge makes Mega Man useless~
(Missed the screenshot, but he's also enhancable, so (10).)

And now the map is balanced.

So what happens now?

The Hands team up, attacking the rift...

And Master Hand goes in. Now for one of the hypest moments in 20 years of Smash...

That's right, you get to play as Master Hand himself. When I got to this point in my first run, I lost my shit-I tried to avoid spoilers, so when this happened I was beyond excited-I'd wanted a playable Master Hand for so long. (I know about the glitch in Melee, but it being legit makes me so much happier since I never tried the glitch.)

You have 700 HP against this mob of 50 false characters. I don't really know what would happen if you lost this fight in a Nuzlocke...

But it's not too hard-you can just camp out with the finger lasers if you want.

You have access to most of his moveset, so it's your choice how to take this mob on.

For some reason, only the same eight characters appear in this fight: Mario, Samus, Link, and Snake as light fighters, and K. Rool, Cloud, Meta Knight, and Sonic as dark fighters. Not sure why it's only those eight...

I tried to get a lot of shots of this fight, but with my controller setup it wasn't easy. That's why it seems like I'm not doing so well...(plus I didn't want to spam the finger lasers since that's boring.)

But eventually I figured something out.

Getting there...

Almost...

And done! Unfortunately, this is the only time you get to play as Master Hand, which is kind of a shame since clearly a lot of work went into it. I wish you could replay this fight whenever you want...but maybe he'll be playable in Smash 6?

Anyway, with that mob vanquished, the Hands do another team-up attack, and...

They scorch the map, which apparently signifies conquering both light and darkness. Not sure how that works, but okay. Also, one last music change:
Music: The Final Battle (After the Transformation)

We've made it so far...when I started this run, I never thought I would make it to the final battle. I was sure I'd lose to Giga Bowser, or Galeem, or Tabuu, or Dracula...but here we are.

We've had some losses along the way, but I still have 68 characters standing, which is so much more than I ever thought I'd have at this point. It should be enough to finish this, but you never know...

But no matter what happens, it's been an incredible journey. Thank you all so much for sticking with me on this crazy ride-it means the world to me, and I don't know if I'd have been motivated to finish otherwise. I've learned a lot, and I hope you have as well. And I've loved being able to talk about my favorite game series with fellow Smash fans-that's something I've never had an opportunity to do, and it's been a lot of fun. More than anything, I hope you've enjoyed following the run as much as I've enjoyed making it.

Now we have one last choice to make:

We could fight Galeem one final time. But that leaves Dharkon alone, and...

...that leads to one of the darkest endings in Nintendo history (no pun intended).

We could also fight Dharkon one final time. But that leaves Galeem alone, and...

...we'd just end up back at square one, and this time I don't think Kirby's getting away.

No, if we want a good ending, there's only one choice:

We have to take them both down at once. There's no guarantee we'll succeed, but...it's the only way things end well. We've been through too much to let either side win.

19 hours, 514 battles, 67 fighter unlocks, 6 bosses, 8 Hand battles, and two gods...it all comes down to this one final battle.

Game stats:
Fights cleared: 514
Fighters alive: 68
Fighters lost: 5​

Next time...the grand finale. 68 fighters versus two gods...will the Lords of Light and Darkness prevail, or will we destroy them once and for all? And will everyone survive?
Part of me wishes I could livestream the finale, but I have no clue how to do that (plus my voice sucks), so...
Depending on how long it is, it may have to be split in two or possibly three parts.
Question of the update: who did you use against the final battle on your first playthrough?

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.
Okay, I was a little unsure at first, but those are all really solid tracks!
Well, duh. It's all Touhou Project music. ZUN's artistic abilities may be ...questionable... at times but the dude is LEGENDARY for his astoundingly good music tracks. You know how the Sonic series is known for having at least one or two phenomenal songs per game regardless of said game's overall quality, with very few exceptions? Let's put it this way: In TVtropes' Awesome Music page for Touhou Project (obligatory TVtropes disclaimer here), basically every single song is on there. Hell, most of those songs I posted aren't even the most famous songs in the series! (Those would probably be Border of Life, Nuclear Fusion and of course U.N. Owen was Her?, and to a lesser extent Flowering Night [Which, by the way, is another theme for the same character who has Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial as their theme] due to a certain remix made by doujin circle COOL&CREATE).

Then again, I'm a huge advocate for Touhou's main protagonist, Reimu Hakurei (She's the one who has Dream Battle as one of her themes) getting into Smash, so that could just be my bias talking.

As for the question, I believe if my memory serves me correctly, it was Richter, Incineroar and Chrom.

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Why did get so many women? Easy he was King. Women loves kings.

Why's Corrin representative of Arceus? also easy, his dragon form looks like Arceus.

Man, I didn't even put together the fact that Claus and Hinawa were the last two light and dark fights when I first played World of Light. When I did figure it out though, man that was a heartbreaking realization.

I too remember losing my shit when playing as Master Hand. I was so pumped up and it was such a fun fight. I'm sad you can't replay it. I would have really enjoyed some sort of all star mode where you're Master Hand and you gotta kill all the fighters. That would have been cool.

I don't recall for sure. But I definitely used Marth for the final fight, who was my main at the time. I think I also used Lucina and Shulk? That sounds right? I might have also used Ganondorf, but that might have been on my second time. I dunno, it's been a while.

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
How to skip Crazy Hand in World of Light:
Take a path in the Dark Realm. Once he appears in front of you, turn around and take another path. Once you fight a Spirit on that path, Crazy will snap and teleport to one of (I think) 3 predetermined spots on the path. He will not teleport again until you fight a Spirit on a different path. Just remember to leave some optional Spirits on the first 2 paths you take so you can warp Crazy off of the last path.

Also, I did my Nuzlocke on Normal and did a different rule for fighter selection. (All fighters are selected by Random. You can only change fighter when you unlock a new character or when a character dies. If Random gives you a dead fighter, go to Random again. If Random gives you 5 dead fighters in a row, you can pick your character) (The last part of the fighter selection rule never ended up happening. Closest I got was 4 dead fighters in a row)
Mario
Villager
Pac-Man
Olimar
Marth
Lucario
Duck Hunt
Pichu
Simon
Isabelle
Dr Mario
Ken
Sheik
Little Mac
Pikachu
And then Link went on to solo the entire Galeem/Dharkon fight

Last edited:

DestinyDragonGS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is very relaxed and enjoys analyzing things. This Pokemon is also quick to snark at anything that gives it an opportunity
BlazBlue's soundtrack is god tier and is my favorite of all time. Seriously look it up sometime as even the shitty anime adaptation has a god tier soundtrack. Rebellion (the main character's theme) is my favorite song of all time and then there's the vocal version is the definition of so bad it's good. Also give the Guilty Gear soundtrack a try as well.

Cross Tag probably has one of the craziest neutral games in fighting game history with all the assists flying around and everything dies to a gust of wind.

Time for final battle music! Let's see here...I got it!

It was this or Hakaishin. Also this theme hardest boss I've ever faced. Seriously this girl barely even lets you move and she always wins neutral without question.

It really bugs me that the hand spirits aren't legendary for some reason.

The Galeem dies ending is much better then the Darkon dies ending tbh

Here's some Combo videos for Guilty Gear Xrd and BlazBlue Central Fiction most of these these aren't really used in actual tournaments for obvious reasons (although you could if you put your mind to it considering how a lot of them start off of easy to land moves)

Central Fiction Es (The girl Conciliation plays for)

Xrd Sol Badguy combo video

Central Fiction Nu-13 (The girl Awakening The Chaos plays for) (warning this one contains voice clips and Nu's Japanese voice is obnoxiously shrill) She's also the greatest project M mod ever Seriously check this out

Xrd Ky Kiske

Central Fiction Noel (The girl Bulllet Dance plays for)

Xrd Dizzy

Central Fiction Naoto and Ragna (the guy Rebellion plays for)

I don't really remember the characters I beat the final battle with other then Marth and Ridley

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"

The second greatest Mario dog! (Polterpup is #1, don't @ me. Just look at LM3 if you need convincing.)
You'll hear no arguments from me. :)

Polterpup is not only adorable, but he's also a huge source of character development for Luigi. There's no better way to get over your fear of ghosts than to have a pet one, right?

Poochy is a very good boy as well, though. Somehow he goes through lava without giving a shit.
Poochy is practicing for the new Netflix show. Unfortunately, he's not practicing correctly. :c

Starly is Starfy's younger sister. She is the alpha sibling.
Starly said:
“Anyway, I'm Starfy's sister. Hi, everyone! Some people ask me if it's tough being Starfy's sis. And I tell them that the toughest part is fighting all the bad guys while Starfy takes naps!”

...How did his old ugly ass get so many different women???

As in, I'm sure Garon's concubines thought giving him the "best child" would make them rich. There was a war about this very thing. The game doesn't describe it too well, though.

...she up-smashed Robin to his doom...
It would be her up-smash too... >_> My twin brother is a Palutena main. I know how devastating that move can be in the right hands.

And that's our last fighter! Even though I've never played her series, Bayonetta is pretty high on my favorites list, but not for that reason-I just like badass women who don't give a fuck. It's a shame she gets blamed for Smash 4's death (her and Ultimate's announcement/release). Seems kind of unfair since Brawl Meta Knight was just as busted, but he doesn't get blamed for Brawl not catching on like she does for supposedly killing 4...
Spit those facts, Skarm! I think a lot of hatred towards Bayonetta is less towards her as a fighter but her as, well, a badass woman who doesn't give a fuck. Woo, sexism. D:<

Damn, Bowser in a suit is suave AF.
I know, right!?

i wish the real me could be that suave ._.

Just to jam a stake in people's hearts, both the last "dark" spirit and the last "light" spirit are from Mother 3. It'd be one thing if you've never played it/seen someone play it, but if you have...

You would have thought when they made the "god" Pokémon they'd have stopped because they were out of ideas. But we're 400+ Pokémon later and still going strong.
...My question is, why Corrin?
Because everyone in Fates thinks Corrin is god. ._.

Hey, scorched earth campaigns have long been used in warfare. Nice military reference, Smash???

DestinyDragonGS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Spit those facts, Skarm! I think a lot of hatred towards Bayonetta is less towards her as a fighter but her as, well, a badass woman who doesn't give a fuck.
Woo, sexism. D:<
I also like Badass woman who don't give a fuck and have nothing against Bayo but I did WAY too much research on the topic back during Smash 4 and the only reason Bayo was hated so much was because of her gameplay bullshit such as Witch Time and her Marvel vs Capcom style latter combos. Meta Knight was so hated that he was actually banned for a little while. I think a good part of why do don't hear as much about that is that there are about 500 other reasons Competitive Smashers hate brawl. He would have been accused of killing the game if Brawl was actually liked competitively. You have to also remember that part of the reason Bayo didn't dominate as bad as Meta Knight did was because many top players swore to not use her due to her brokenness. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the Bayo hate actually came from Meta Knight and people remembering how bad he was and not wanting to repeat the past. It also doesn't help that the competitive Smash community has a nasty habit of wanting to ban anything remotely good (thanks Meta Knight and Ice Climbers) just look at the ban Joker movement that happened for a little bit (I'm not counting hero here because that was a whole nother issue but It's worth bringing him up to show how ban happy the Smash community can be). Yes that's right they wanted to ban Joker for a while! Not helping that she was considered easy to learn and was DLC meaning she could fall under the pay to win category

For similar examples from other games we have Nu-13 from BlazBlue and GT Goku from Dragonball FighterZ. As someone who actually plays her I can tell you exactly why Nu is so infamous. It's because of her absurdly strong zoning game and the ability to create combos from any where on screen. GT Goku was hated before he got patched for the exact same reason Bayo was. Being an absurdly OP DLC character who was obnoxious to fight against to the point that he was given the nickname "The Rat". GT Goku was actually considered to be ban worthy for a while. Similarly to Bayo though the hammer was never dropped...Just like Bayo. Funny how that works.

It's also worth remembering that Bayo dominated at a time where there was no developer support for the game meaning unlike earlier oppressive characters in 4 there was no hope for a patch to balance her out. Mind you they did nerf her once but it wasn't enough.

In summery Bayo was an extremely oppressive character who dominated at a time when there was no hope for a balance patch which left the smash 4 community is a pretty bad position and having had a similar experience with Meta Knight led to a ton of people wanting her out. Bayo was also DLC meaning some people felt she was pay to win

I do think they nerfed her too hard in Ultimate. I don't think people would have minded if she was still high tier in Ultimate as long as they reigned her in enough.

Probably did a shit job explaining it but meh.

Here's a really good video on banning characters in general for anyone who's interested

Also worth noting that no one gives a fuck about Zero Suit Samus being top tier but you know...

novadex

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Water
Gonna second DDGS on the Bayonetta thing. The Smash community has had its share of issues with misogyny, but the reaction to Bayo doesn't seem to stem from that. From what I've seen, people were pretty excited to see her get in, and it was only after people figured out what she could do in-game that the hate train got started.

I think you don't see as much talk about Brawl Meta Knight as you do about Bayo because a) Brawl's an older game, so it's less in the popular zeitgeist nowadays and b) Bayo was DLC while Meta Knight was part of Brawl's base roster. Brawl's metagame never got a chance to develop without Meta Knight dominating everything, while Bayo was coming into an existing metagame that people were already invested in.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Today we begin the final battle. Who will come out on top, and will anyone fall along the way?
The answer may surprise you...also, the finale is gonna be split into two updates because it would be way too long otherwise.

@Neosonic97: He's a really underrated composer-I'm beyond impressed! Although...I'm kind of meh on the U.N. Owen track (and ??? at the name)...
But overall, those are very good tracks. And yeah, definitely agree about almost every Sonic game having good music.
I don't know how well a character would fit Smash, though, but that may be because I don't really know anything about the series...but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to adding some of those remixes along with a character or a Mii outfit.
That's a solid team, and I like that they're all Dark Realm fighters, intentional or not.

@hobohunter: Ha, that makes sense. And now that you mention it, I can see a resemblance, although I'd probably have used an actual Pokémon (probably Mewtwo) instead.
It's sad, but pretty clever at the same time. Depending on how you look at it (and if you use Lucas) you could argue it's a reunion of sorts.
Oh, that would be an awesome mode to add! Like a reverse All-Star...maybe we'll get something similar later on :fingerscrossed:
I just really wish they'd do something to let you play as Master Hand more.
Either way, those are solid teams as well. I respect the Marth/Lucina support.

@Mr Spaz: Huh, I never knew about that. I'll try it next time I play WoL.
Also, I really like that rule for how you picked your fighter. Do you mind if I borrow it next time I do a locke?
Congrats on the win and the low death count!

@DestinyDragonGS: I can definitely see why-it's an amazing soundtrack. I'm a sucker for anything rock/metalish 🤘
And that is an amazing final boss track.
...Now that you mention it, it bugs me too-why is someone like Pauline stronger than the freaking creator of Smash itself? :psyduck:
Agree on Dharkon's ending being better than Galeem's. I got chills when I first saw Mario fall over (presumably) dead.
...Those were really impressive! I get hyped when I see a zero-to-death in Smash, so those were like...beyond hype.
Also that PM mod was really well done, even though that would be the most over-the-top Final Smash ever.

@Bowser's Family Vacation: To be honest I don't think it's much of a debate-Polterpup wins regardless, heh.
Definitely-when I saw Luigi adopt him at the end of Dark Moon I was like "Luigi's getting over his fear!" and then when he returned in 3 I was ecstatic, even if Luigi's still scared of ghosts.
...I'm not sure if I'm more surprised that they're making a game show based on "the floor is lava" or that there wasn't already a show based on it ._.
Oh, she's one of those types...well, as long as she's not on the level of GoD Jovi, she can't be that bad. (Don't get me started on that girl...I could rant for hours.)
It would be the money :v:
And jeez, Fates' backstory is a mess ._.
Her up-smash was already good, and then she got buffed so much in Ultimate that it's brutal. I still like her, though, but I'm a little salty she got a kill with it :c
Same! I'm just happy they made Bowser cool again-ever since 3D World gave him that pimp car. And now with him being Nintendo's president... >:)
I totally forgot about that term until you said it :facepalm:

About Bayonetta (regarding DDGS's second comment as well as @novadex): Honestly, I never really thought sexism had anything to do with her being controversial, especially since other female characters have been top-tier (Peach in Melee, her and Daisy in Ultimate, ZSS in every game she's been in, Rosalina in 4, Palutena and Lucina in Ultimate). I could definitely see pay-to-win being an argument (although I haven't seen the same argument about Joker), and she did have some BS in 4 (that ladder combo, Witch Time), but I really don't think her being female had anything to do with it. If anything, I think the way EVO 2018 ended really soured people on her, but I blame that on the players rather than Bayo herself. Maybe if Smash 4 had one or two more patches, it would've helped, but between that ending and Ultimate getting announced, 4 just died immediately.
I do agree that the Smash community has a problem with misogyny, but I don't think it's directed at the characters.
(Also I never knew there was a ban Joker movement. I remember the "ban Hero" drama, but I didn't know there was something similar regarding Joker. Personally, I don't really want any character banned, but things like wobbling need to go away.)

Nova also made a good point about Meta Knight being base roster vs. Bayo being DLC being part of the situation. That probably explains why Melee Fox isn't super controversial either...

Question: my squad for the final battle was my three favorite characters: Yoshi, Falco, Lucario. At the time I hadn't fully realized just how much I enjoy using Ridley.

Note: even though Min Min came out before this update, I went ahead and finished the playthrough before she dropped (I played it about three days before 8.0.0 released) because I thought it would be weird to randomly get another character at the very end. Nothing against her-so far she seems fun to play-but she's just a little too late for this run.

Also, I have something special for you today. Gonna preface this by saying I'm not a songwriter by any means-this was mainly a "just for fun" project. Go easy on me pls :ohdear:

After light fell
Darkness enshrouds
Our hope was lost in the struggle
And though we fight against the night
Will we see tomorrow?

Monster of dark
Death and chaos
The greatest threat to our lives
But this is what we're called to do
So we'll fight 'til the end

We'll stay strong
We've come too far to stop
So we'll fight on
No matter what the cost

This hell we're in...is it the end?
Will we be lost in this nightmare?

Or find our friends and make a stand
Bringing our light to this world

Still you fight on, in my domain?
You really think you can stop me?
This is my time to strike you down
Then this world will be mine

It's time...we've been through so much to get to this point. Whether we take Galeem and Dharkon down or fall trying, it's been a hell of a ride.

But before we get to the actual fight, we need to go to the Skill Tree one last time.

I ended up with almost enough Skill Spheres to learn the entire tree. I guess I could have turned off something like Double Final Smash or Fast FS Meter since they won't help in this fight, but...I didn't really think anything left on the tree would be handy.

Now for the actual battle. Two things that are unique to it:

One, you choose your fighter before your spirit team, and two, you get to use three fighters in this battle.

If I told you how long I spent staring at this screen, your jaw would hit the floor. But it was an incredibly tough decision, because I was torn between choosing fighters I'm better with versus characters I'm willing to risk, as well as feeling like the characters who fought the bosses deserved to be in this fight most, plus there are some characters I didn't get a chance to use, but those are characters I don't really play...hell, I even briefly considered just letting the RNG pick for me, but I didn't want to risk getting someone I don't use.

In the end...

I felt it was fitting that the ones who took on Galeem and Dharkon individually were part of the fight against both. So why am I leading with Falco when Lucario and Peach were the two godslayers?

Well...while I don't really have a "main" per se because I like so many of the cast and I'm not really "good" with any particular character, he'd probably be the closest thing to a main for me since he's been my favorite character for a long time. So as much as I didn't want to risk losing him, I felt it was appropriate. Besides, if you know Falco's personality, you'd know he'd insist on being part of it.

As for my spirit team:

I'm not entirely sure how the same-series boost works in this fight-the game only shows it if the first fighter and the spirit match, so I don't know if it applies if it matches the second or third fighter instead, or if it only applies when that fighter is out.
Regardless, you definitely want an autoheal support for this fight, especially if you're doing a locke-it's the best way to stay alive. I would've used Celebi, but it takes three slots, and this team was stronger.

Now...it's time to begin.

For those who fell along the way-Pit, Donkey, Terry, Richter, Robin-and for everyone who's tried and came up short at the end...

Let's do this.

Music: Galeem/Dharkon

The fight begins with a very long platforming section. So that automatically disqualifies certain characters from leading off, but for someone like Falco, it should be pretty simple.

But Galeem and Dharkon aren't just background scenery at all. They'll be getting in our way shortly.

Right now they're just gonna throw puppet fighters at us.

Who spend just as much time fighting each other as they do you, so you can let them soften each other up-or even kill each other-then just clean up what's left.

Once they're all gone, you continue the climb.

And now Dharkon begins to interfere with your progress.

But you can shoo him away by attacking. Obviously it only temporarily gets rid of him, but it still helps.

...Note to self: giant dark sawblades hurt.

I did get rid of him, though, and the game spams tomatoes at you in this section, so between that and autoheal, it all worked out.

As well as Rocket Belts for those characters who suck at platforming *cough* Little Mac *cough* Ganondorf *cough*
Falco doesn't really need it, but it may come in handy.

Not sure why Galeem doesn't do anything right now. Apparently he's content to let Dharkon do the work in this section.

The second of many puppet fighter mobs. Weirdly enough, we have light fighters teamed with dark fighters now. But I think they still try to kill each other?

Pictured: puppet fighters mercilessly beating the shit out of each other while I sit back and watch.

They aren't really getting anywhere, though, so I guess I'd better get involved.

That's more like it.

These sections will have more fighters the farther along we go.

And done. We get another tomato and another Rocket Belt for our trouble.

The climb apparently takes us all the way into space.

Also, Dharkon's back and trying to get in my way again.

This section's pretty easy as long as you use a character with good mobility.

Puppet fighters, round 3!

Unlike the Master Hand fight, you can fight a puppet of almost any character-the only exceptions are Kirby (for obvious reasons) and for some unexplained reason, Olimar. Maybe it's because of the Pikmin?

Although I wonder if it's set up to not pick whichever character you're using-I've never seen that happen.

Anyway, almost done with this section...

There we go. We're getting close to the end of this first phase, although I feel like it goes on a little too long.

And Galeem finally decides to interfere.

This time I avoided the giant sawblades before I shooed him away.

More tomatoes and Rocket Belts.

And now Dharkon's being the background decoration.

But Galeem doesn't stay away for long...

Oh boy, this section. I would highly recommend grabbing a Rocket Belt here, even if you're using a great jumper like Falco or Kirby or someone like Peach/Daisy who can float.

Because these Bob-ombs are not just obstacles-they actually destroy the platforms when they explode.

So the Rocket Belt will be very handy if you get in a bad spot.

Especially in this part, where the platforms are very small and Galeem's trying to kill you.

Although again, a good jumper or floater has an advantage.

The fourth and final puppet fighter mob.

Meanwhile Galeem and Dharkon watch in the distance.

Hey, why don't I get a teammate? 😠

And now the evil deities are trying to blow each other up in the background, without success.

This would be an amazing stage to fight on normally. But I guess that'd ruin the uniqueness of it.

Just taking a moment to appreciate how fucking lovely the background of this fight is.

They just keep coming!

But that's the last of Galeem's fighters.

And these are the last of Dharkon's.

And phase 1 is complete! The screen goes black, and...

...we're teleported to FD for phase 2. If you're playing normally, and you lost a fighter in phase 1, you'll get them back. Obviously that wouldn't help in this run, but luckily I haven't lost anyone yet.

We have more familiar faces to deal with...

It's boss rush time! You can fight them in any order.

Just attack the one you want to fight.

I chose Marx first because he was one of the easiest fights.

These cutscenes are identical to the originals.

And the bosses are no different than they were before-they have the same moves, patterns, etc.

Which means Marx still fires giant fucking laser beams.

And splits in two and creates black holes.

But the same strategies you used before work just as well this time.

Almost...

And a down-air takes him out! That may or may not become a trend, depending on how long Falco survives.

*insert insane screech*

And back to this stage. When there are uneven numbers of light to dark bosses, the leftover boss will attack you with those orbs, so I don't recommend waiting here unless you're using autoheal.

Crap, was aiming for Ganon. Guess Giga Bowser's next instead.

This cutscene makes less sense now that Bowser's on my side. Imagine how weird it would look if you were using Bowser here.

Not gonna lie, this is one boss I'm still a little worried about...

Or maybe not, considering I did that much in one hit and can practically fly over him.

That was very anticlimactic. But I think the bosses have less health in this fight, and you have stronger Spirits and abilities by now, so I guess it makes sense.

After every second boss, a Heart Container appears. Save them if you don't need them yet-they'll stick around until the end of this phase.

And since we have an equal number of bosses, this stage is safe to rest on for a moment.
*attacks Ganon*

Not expecting much challenge here-Fox had no trouble with him, so Falco should be able to take him out just as easily.

I wish the bosses had new attacks or unique patterns in this section, but it's still a lot of fun.

Going smoothly, just as I expected.

Who says Falco needs an Arwing to fly?

Apparently Ganon wanted to fly too before I destroyed him.

Three bosses down and Falco is still going strong! But it's a long way from over...

I'm splitting the update here since otherwise it would be pushing 200 screenshots.

Next time, we continue the final battle.
Question of the update: do pro players' opinions/tier lists influence you any when choosing a character to play, or do you use the character regardless?

Last edited:

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
nice job with the first half! Good luck with the second half!

The only reason I can think of why Olimar isn't an option is like what you said, they didn't wanna deal with Pikmin.

I try not to follow the competitive scene (especially not now after all the "fun" allegations). So honestly tiers and stuff don't matter to me whatsoever. Granted it is interesting to see how characters stack against each other on a competitive level, but I just use who I like to use.

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
For the question? No. I just pick whoever I want.

As for some other stuff.

To give perhaps a glimpse as to how Reimu could work in Smash, here is gameplay footage from her in one of her home series' own fighting games, that being Touhou Hisoutensoku:

Honestly, even if you just directly ported her from the fighting games, she'd still make an interesting and unique character.

As for the name of Flandre's theme, U.N. Owen Was Her? It, alongside the name of one of Flandre's Spell Cards, Forbidden Barrage "And Then There Will Be None?" is a reference to the novel And Then There Were None, written by Agatha Christie. In the novel, the spouse of the person who sent out invitations had the initials 'U.N. Owen' (itself meant to sound similar to the word 'unknown'), who proceeded to kill the characters in said novel.

For Mii Outfits, the Touhou community basically completely agrees that if there has to be just ONE Touhou Mii Outfit, it would be Utsuho Reiuji (The character who has Nuclear Fusion as her theme) as a Mii Gunner.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
I'm glad that the Elise spirit is coming along for the final battle—if there's been one constant throughout this run, it's discussion about Fire Emblem Fates. :P Fates has good, bad, and ugly things about it, but you have to give it this: Elise is adorable.

The fight begins with a very long platforming section. So that automatically disqualifies certain characters from leading off, but for someone like Falco, it should be pretty simple.
*sweats in Little Mac* ... Do you think doing this section as Little Mac is even possible?

You know, you watching the puppet fighters kill each other is a lot like the person who pays for Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations, knowing that the DLC is the golden ending- *shot*

Question of the update: do pro players' opinions/tier lists influence you any when choosing a character to play, or do you use the character regardless?
I don't care about what pro players think. I especially don't care now, with what's coming out about many top players.

redninjapuffle

The Nuzlocke Kid with stories
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
do pro players' opinions/tier lists influence you any when choosing a character to play, or do you use the character regardless?
Nah not really, I main Incineroar cuz I like it

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
And now, the second part of the finale.
@hobohunter: Thanks man!
Yeah, the Pikmin are the only reason I can think of, especially if you play Olimar as well-maybe the game would get confused when they use Pikmin to attack? But it can handle multiple Olimars/Alphs at once, so... 🤷‍♂️
Same-I'm not competitive either, I just like watching compilations on Youtube. I do like seeing how everyone's matchups stack up, but it doesn't carry any weight with me either, even more so now that all these allegations are out.

@Neosonic97: Same-I wish everyone played that way.
Huh, after watching that, I could definitely see her working in Smash after all. Also they make fighting games for just about everything these days ._.
Oh, it's an And Then There Were None reference? I never would've guessed that, which is sad because it's one of my favorite books of all-time...
That would make a cool Mii outfit also. Jeez, the Gunner gets all the cool outfits (Sans, Cuphead)...

@Bowser's Family Vacation: Heh, Fates may be a bad game, but Elise is a very good spirit. She is also adorable c:
*notes to self never to play the route she dies in if I ever play Fates*
I feel like it has to be possible since they would want people to use whichever character they want, but I do wonder if it's too much for Little Mac. Maybe if you give him every jump upgrade possible from the Skill Tree as well as a spirit who improves jump ability?
I might try it sometime just for lols, although I hardly ever use him...maybe we should ask a Mac main to try it?
LMAO I would never have thought of that 😂
Same, especially now that all this stuff is coming to light.

@redninjapuffle: Same here, and I'm also a big fan of Incineroar 😃
Question: I've never paid pro players/tiers any mind when picking characters either, since I'm more of a casual player and I feel like everyone should use their favorite characters instead of just using the "best" characters. I'm the same way with Pokémon, which is why I'm not interested in competitive there either.
And after all these allegations came out, I'm even less inclined to listen to pros' opinions. I agree with Hobo that it's interesting to see how everyone stacks up matchup-wise, but I don't base picking a character on it, especially since I mainly just fight computers since online sucks and I didn't have anyone to play IRL even before corona happened.

So we left off halfway through phase 2, with three bosses down and three to go.

Music: Galeem/Dharkon

Galleom, Rathalos, or Dracula?

I picked the robot next since I figured Rathalos wouldn't be much trouble and Dracula still worries me.

With no new tricks up his sleeve, Galleom was really easy, especially since I could keep my distance and just shoot him a bunch.

Another down-air kill! Those would be even more satisfying against other fighters, but...I'm nowhere near stylish enough to pull it off, even though Falco totally is.

And now we have two hearts to use, but we don't need them yet.

Especially since I could just wait for autoheal to do its thing before moving on.

Rematch time! Maybe Rathalos will have more luck against Falco than he did last time?

Well, considering the items that gimp him still show up, probably not.

Whittling him down from far away until an item appears.

A Pitfall showed up right after, so I was able to bury him.

...This is not the time to imitate a lion tamer, Falco.

There's a Deku Nut!

And he's down.

One more to go...

*throws glass*

Bring it, Drac. I beat you down with a character I don't really play, so this should be easy with a character I use more.

...Jeez, either Dracula is tall AF, or height in Smash is completely nonsensical. I headcanon Falco at around 6' even, and Drac towers over him, but according to Google, Drac's only 7'2'', so...wtf? 🤯
(I'm leaning toward height in Smash just being nonsensical, since you have someone like Olimar who's only about an inch tall in his series, but is clearly scaled up significantly in Smash, and the reverse with Ridley. This picture confuses me greatly though :psyduck: )

*down-airs intensify*
...I don't know why, but down-airing his head was weirdly satisfying. And that's his first phase down.

This time I do have screenshots of his second phase! In fact, I may have dragged this fight on a little bit to get extras to make up for last time... :sweatdrop:

These are the poisonous beams he shoots. They also home in on you, so keep moving.

And there's his electric wave and claw swipe that I mentioned being very powerful.

...I've had Ultimate for a year and a half, and I just noticed the poison beams resemble skulls ._.

Some characters look sad or worried when they get poisoned. But Falco is angry.

And that's the last boss! There's just one phase left.

Grab the hearts now if you still have them-they don't stick around for the last phase.

Time for the last phase.

Galeem and Dharkon make their epic entrances.

But they're still fighting each other at the same time they're fighting us.

So it's a three-way battle for supremacy. Light in one corner, dark in another, and we're stuck in the middle.

Although fighting both at the same time looks imposing, it's not as brutal as it may seem.

Because their attacks damage each other as well as you. They don't openly try to attack each other-except for one specific situation we'll see later on-but the extra damage comes in handy.

And since they hate each other, they won't work together like Master and Crazy Hand will. I wish they had some epic team attacks in this fight.

The best strategy is probably to kill one as fast as possible.

But a slow and cautious approach works as well.

Nice placement on Dharkon's part.

And now they're even.

Slowly making progress...

Dharkon is getting up close and personal with that thing :ohdear:

These guys clearly aren't very smart, or they'd realize they should team up against us before trying to kill each other.

But that's a good thing for our sake.

When you think about it, this is really just two bratty children fighting over a toy or a video game controller, just on a much larger scale.
...Does that make Falco the parent shutting them up?
That's a hilarious image, since he's one of the last fighters I'd see being a parent.

I like how we all paused for a second in the middle of this epic final battle.

So remember when I said Galeem and Dharkon will only go after each other in one specific situation?

Well, when you stun one of them, that's when the other attacks them.

Galeem straight-up stabs Dharkon in the eye 😱
(And yes, their attacks on each other will hurt you badly if you get hit.)

But they do a ton of damage when they attack each other, which comes in handy.

Gonna try to stun Galeem so you can see Dharkon retaliate.

Ooh, a new attack! Obviously you want to stay near the middle or you take damage quickly.
And this is probably the closest to a team-up attack they have, even though they can both use it individually.
(If I remember right, I didn't even know this attack existed until I played New Game+.)

And of course, they throw more puppet fighters at you.

But they usually spend their time trying to kill each other and ignore you completely if you don't bother them.

See?

And now Galeem's stunned. So how does Dharkon hit him?

He fucking crushes him with a giant spiky hammer! Not sure which is worse...

And now they're both angry. But they're still damaging each other at the same time.

That did a little more than I expected, but nothing too worrisome.

How cute, they're in sync.

Again with the puppet fighters? Honestly at this point, they're little more than an annoyance.

They spent the whole time fighting each other while I just hung out on the bottom platform.

Suddenly Dharkon's going all out.

Nice read by Galeem. Luckily I have plenty of room to get out of the way.

This just shows how busted autoheal can be-after all the shit that's gone on in this fight, I'm only at 3% damage.

Somehow I didn't get hit here. But I feel like Falco may be missing a tail feather or two after that.

Nice, I'm still safe here. But Dharkon won't be.

This fight almost makes you need to wear sunglasses to watch it.

And Dharkon's stunned again! You know what that means.

I appreciate the assist, Galeem, but do you really have to stab him in the eye like that? 😖

I feel like they're more focused on fighting each other than worrying about me...which makes my life a lot easier.

I decided not to kill Dharkon yet in the hope I could stun Galeem first so he'd hit him again.

Success!
*gently kicks Galeem's core, ignoring the giant dark spiky hammer in the background*

Even though they do a lot of damage to each other when they attack, neither one can kill the other-you get to land the final blow on each. I actually saw a video on Youtube where someone let them do all the damage to each other and only dealt the fatal blows.

This again?

They're really just delaying the inevitable at this point. But at least it looks cool.

And a down-air to the eye takes Dharkon down!

It doesn't matter which dies first as long as you take them both down.

I wasn't really trying to kill one over the other-in fact, if I'd timed it a little better, I probably could have finished them both at the same time. Dharkon was just vulnerable first.

You're next, Galeem.

You almost succeeded at remaking the world how you wanted.

But you made one fatal mistake when you attacked that day:

You let one escape. And no matter how bad things may seem, as long as there's still one fighter standing-as long as there's one star shining in the darkness, it's not over, and you'll never win.

So the next time you-or some other godlike being-want to try to take over the world, I have one piece of advice for you:

Don't let a single one get away.

Step aside, Kirby and Bayonetta. There's a new godslayer in Smash.

And his name is Falco Lombardi.

...I did not expect to win first try, let alone with one character soloing the whole fight. I was pretty sure I'd win since I had almost 70 characters to use, but I didn't think it'd be a flawless victory. Definitely not complaining though!

The ending and final thoughts will be in one final update.
Final question of the update: what is the hypest moment you've ever had in Smash?

Last edited:

redninjapuffle

The Nuzlocke Kid with stories
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Good game Skarmizard, good fucking flawless game dude
Falco coming in for the sweep, what a lad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)