• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Screenshot Let's Play General A World of Light Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Hard Mode (Updated 9/30)

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today we finally take the fight to Galeem! Also I need a tiebreaker for which path to take first (Mysterious Dimension or Sacred Land) so I can play farther...either way, looks like Dracula's Castle will be last. (Thank you for that-Dracula scares me :ohdear:)

I want to say something else first-a huge THANK YOU to everyone who's read/commented. I didn't really expect much attention, especially because I was just coming back to the forums after being gone for three months for personal reasons/stuff about the move (don't want to get into details, but I'm feeling a lot better about everything now).
So the fact that people are enjoying it means the world to me, and honestly it's helped me a lot mentally. Thank you all so much, and I hope you'll stick with me as we continue on.

Also, if anyone else wants to take on this challenge, I wholeheartedly encourage you to! Someone has to be the first to succeed, especially since all the Youtubers keep falling short right at the end...

@CompleteWingback: Definitely agree about BT > BK, although both are amazing and I really wish I had my N64 handy to play them again :c
Yeah, it's probably just an intentional coincidence, although I wish they'd confirm. I may just be seeing things that aren't there, though...(and yes, they definitely should bring back F-Zero. Maybe with Mute City/Big Blue showing up in MK8, they will one day?)
Overall agreeing about the DLC-I had to keep the screaming internal when I found out Banjo was getting in. And that's my main problem with the FE cast-they're all the same...

@hobohunter: I guess it's okay if it's a reference, but it's definitely not my alt of choice if I play him...he does have killer abs, though. Makes me a little jealous...
I'm the opposite-I definitely prefer male Robin/Corrin/Byleth over the females, mainly because F!Robin/Corrin have annoying AF voices (at least in Smash, and F!Byleth isn't as annoying). I do agree that they're designed well, though.
...Random, but can F!Robin end up dating Chrom? That'd be really weird...
That makes sense, although I wish they'd have more good dragons instead of making them (almost) always the bad guys...
Huh, I didn't know Tabuu was based off of Marx. Now that you mention it, I can kind of see it, though.
Also agreeing with you about the DLCs-even Byleth doesn't really bother me, even if they have the personality of a door. Out of curiosity, who were people saying on the Nuzcords?

@Mr Spaz: Ganon is pretty tough, but I honestly feel like Dracula is way harder (at least, for me he is...)

@Bowser's Family Vacation: ...Someone making Tingle cute is very impressive to me. Although I can definitely see it looking at Wind Waker's art.
Angry/confused Pikachu is me at work 90% of the time, so thank you for that :v:
:D
I definitely want to, it's just I have so much other stuff to do and no time ;n;
(That and I feel like the boss fights would be better done as videos and I don't have a good way to do that...)

Question: overall I'm pretty thrilled with the DLC so far. I was super pumped when Mewtwo returned, and Cloud and Bayonetta were both shocking/really exciting additions (even if they kind of broke Smash 4). And Ultimate's DLC has been pretty cool too-I already talked about how happy I was about Banjo & Kazooie, and all the others have been fun too (yes, even Byleth). And I can't wait to see who else gets in-I've already preordered the second Fighters Pass. (Crossing my fingers Waluigi doesn't get in, though.)

Before we take Galeem on, there's a little bit of cleanup to take care of.

I didn't know Falco had a twin brother! (I know they aren't actually twins, but the resemblance is uncanny. Can't help but wonder if it was intentional.)

Duck Hunt had to be one of the most WTF additions to Smash. I kind of like them, though.

Not too hard.

Clearing out some of both sides, even though we only need to clear the left to reach Galeem.

These guys are cute, but are they useful?

Easy.

You would think this would be a Legend-class fight since the Shine Sprite was.

...That is a lot of conditions.

Surprisingly simple.

And now we can reach Galeem from this side.

But there's a few chests we can pick up first.

Very nice!

There's another one around here.

Ridiculously easy.

I really don't like Dark Samus-it (she?) is a monster, and the idea of it corrupting others into being its servants creeps me the hell out.

Another really simple fight.

Here we are.

Definitely worth it!

Fixing another train track...

That is adorable!
...I may be a little biased because I love dragons and dinosaurs.

He went down before any of the backups showed up.

I feel like this should crash the train...

Another one down.

Hey, a solo Mega Man fight!

I forget exactly what I killed him with that made me flinch like that...I want to say I grabbed him and he died from the pummel? Or maybe neutral-B and the can exploded...

This should be the fight with earthquakes.

A little annoying, but not too bad.

Went back toward the left side of the map to grab a couple more fighters, and found this guy blocking a chest.

Simple.

The chest is in a weird spot.

...Not worth it.

(This is around the little town south of the Temple of Light.)
I was really confused why it's Corrin and why the music was Dragon Driftway, and then I realized she has a dragon-looking arm. Felt dumb after :facepalm:

I really wish Charizard could have stayed a separate fighter, but I get why they lumped him back in with Trainer.

My dragon's better~

I can work with this. Lucas > Ness IMO, although I don't play either much because I suck at recovering with PK Thunder (Ness's Target Tests in 64/Melee were always my slowest because of having to use it.)

One more for the squad.
Originally, I didn't care for Lucas that much. But after watching part of a Mother 3 LP, I ended up liking him a lot more. The poor kid's been through more shit than anyone should have to at his age...
I actually watched the final battle because I'd heard the ending was super emotional, and good god it was heartbreaking, and I barely even knew the characters...

Another fighter up here.

Why do they wear pink shorts???

Pretty simple.

Seems appropriate.

Not a huge Ice Climbers fan, but the gimmick is pretty cool. Kind of amuses me that they only got cut because they made Smash for the 3DS-they would've stayed had it solely been on the Wii U.

Unlocking them melts the ice on the mountain, making it easier to get around.

And lets you into the forest from this side.

The teleporter just takes you back up here. So I guess it's time to face Galeem...

Well, after we kill Master Hand. (Yes, you still have to fight him if you go the other way.)

Master Hand has to be one of the biggest mysteries of Smash-who is he exactly? There are so many questions...

Epic fly-in. Although I think his entrance in 64 was the most dramatic.

Music: Master Hand

We've been fighting him for five games, so it's kind of old hat at this point.

He does have some cool moves, but when he sticks to stuff like the finger lasers, he's pretty easy.

Especially since at around half health, he gets stunned and you can easily knock out another quarter of his health before he gets back up.

He didn't seem inclined to use any of his new moves, either...

And done. There's something hilarious about defeating a giant hand with a foot.

At least he dies dramatically.

Almost boss-level rewards, even though he's really a mini-boss at best.

And with him out of the way, there's nothing standing between us and Galeem.
(Also, this is probably obvious, but that wasn't the real Master Hand.)

Maxing him out first.

You can actually just run back and forth in front of him. I don't know why, but I thought it was kind of hilarious. But enough fooling around.

It's time...

So who's the lucky fighter who gets to take him on first?

I felt like it had to be a Pokémon, since this is my strongest spirit team. I haven't mentioned this, but if you use a spirit from the same series as the character you're using, the spirit gets a power boost of around 10%. I figured that'd be very helpful.

I'll give Galeem this-at least he's actually willing to fight, unlike Tabuu who was just gonna use the Off Waves again until Sonic showed up. But it's time he pays for everything he's done.

Music: Galeem

Let's begin.
(I went with Lucario since I figured most of the other Pokémon were too light to survive long enough, plus he's another of my best characters. I could have kept going with 'Zard, but again, I don't want to rely on the same few characters.)

You can only damage him by hitting his core-the wings take no damage. This attack can be canceled completely if you attack all the nodes he spawns.

And with careful dodging, the wing stabs are also easily avoidable.

These are a lot harder to avoid, but aren't incredibly damaging. Also his health is going down fast considering I'm using Lucario at 0%...

That's what happens if you let the nodes explode. It's not too damaging, but if you can get rid of them, do so.

Fighting while taking screenshots is not easy...I play with the Joy-Cons hooked into the controller base, and I'm keeping one finger resting on the capture button the whole time, so it's a little tricky.

Anyway, at around half health he gets angry and flares. Now his attacks are stronger (and maybe faster also?)

He also begins throwing puppet fighters at you. I thought it was always two at a time, though...I guess it's because I'm on a lower difficulty?

Don't waste your time fighting them, since they're just gonna explode pretty quickly and you don't want any extra damage.

He can also be stunned for some free hits.

The health bars in Ultimate are a little misleading-the closer to empty they are, the slower they go down. Not sure why, especially since I don't think they were like that in Brawl?

See, now he adds a fourth "wing" and stabs them twice.

And now he makes six of these instead of four. He's almost down, though...can we do this first try? (I had to fight him two or three times before he went down on my first playthrough.)

This is arguably his second strongest attack. Not sure why he's only using it now...

They do some serious damage, but with careful dodging/positioning, they aren't too bad.
I got really lucky that he didn't use his worst attack-it's basically one of Tabuu's Off Waves. Very hard to dodge, and does a shitton of damage/knockback. I don't know if it would have killed me or not, but luckily I didn't find out...

What he doesn't know is that the more damage Lucario has, the stronger he becomes. And with one final blow...

Galeem is down! That was honestly a lot easier than I expected-I was fully expecting to lose at least one character to him.

Epic defeat sequence involving a whole bunch of light explosions.

It's over...all the fights, the struggle, everything led up to this. Pit, Donkey, Terry...your losses were not in vain.

We get a ridiculous amount of goodies for winning-I didn't screenshot them all, but you get 50 Skill Spheres! But it doesn't matter, because the game's finished, right?

...Right?

...Why is the sky cracking?

Yeah, it's not over yet. It seemed like the story was building up for Galeem to be the final boss, but considering he's the "Lord of Light", there honestly needed to be a dark equivalent. And the adventure can't be finished yet-there's still 30 characters missing from the roster.
Honestly, the Light Realm is long enough that it could have been the whole story mode. But we aren't finished yet, not by a long shot.

And now there's an ominous dark portal where Galeem was.

But at least it also created a third path to the middle of the map. Seems like a good place to stop for now-we'll head in the portal next time.

(After we grab these guys. The gym comes in seriously handy, especially for enhanceable Spirits.)

Game stats:
Fights cleared: 298
Fighters alive: 38
Fighters lost: 3​

Next time, we begin to explore the Dark Realm.
Question of the update: were you surprised there was more to WoL than just Galeem, or did you expect it?

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.
...Random, but can F!Robin end up dating Chrom? That'd be really weird...
Robin's a bit unique in that they can S-Support every character of the opposite gender. Yes, that does include F!Robin being one of Chrom's five potential S-Supports (The others being, if I'm not mistaken, Sumia, Maribelle, Sully and Olivia). Also a bit weird is that due to Chrom being forced into marrying in the aftermath of Awakening's Chapter 11 (It's a plot point, mostly there to explain how Lucina came about), there's a strange hierarchy list for potential marriage candidates. If Chrom is not married before Chapter 11, he'll automatically be married to the eligible character he has the highest support with, including progress to the next support (Assuming that said candidate is not already married, and that he has ANY support points with them at all- they're not considered if he hasn't gained any support points with them). If there's a tie for whatever reason, it will give one of the eligible females priority based on this list:

Olivia>Sumia>Sully>Maribelle>F!Robin

If none of these are available (Only possible if Olivia dies in Chapter 11 or if Chrom doesn't get ANY support points with her) then Chrom will marry a generic village girl.

Also of note, there's also some changes to dialogue in certain chapters if Robin is married to certain people.

Notably, at the end of Chapter 21, Lucina realises that Robin will be the one to kill Chrom (Not of their own free will, but by being mind controlled by Validar, their dad, who wants to turn them into a vessel for the Fell Dragon, Grima), and confronts them with the intent of explaining this thought- and then killing them, so as to prevent them from killing Chrom. If Robin is Lucina's mother (F!Robin) or husband (M!Robin), this dialogue will change. Notably to the effect that, instead of Chrom intervening before Lucina can go through with it, instead Lucina finds herself unable to go through with it herself, and Chrom only shows up once Lucina stops.

Corrin has this same distinction, though this leads to some awkward situations for certain potential candidates, as they are somewhat related:

M!Corrin: Sakura and Hinoka are his stepsiblings (Notably, Corrin's mother, Mikoto married their dad, Sumeragi), and Azura is his cousin (Azura's mother, Arete, was the sister of Corrin's mother, Mikoto). The latter does not get revealed in any route outside of Revelations.

F!Corrin: Ryoma and Takumi are her stepsiblings. See the M!Corrin section for details on that.

And Byleth can too, though with one very awkward interaction...

Byleth's mother, Sitri, was created by Rhea, which would make Rhea sort of Sitri's mother, and thus sorta Byleth's grandmother.

As for the main question, I already got spoiled to Dharkon's existence by the time I played WoL. Still, owing to the fact that by the time you reach Galeem, you have less than half the playable cast, it's a dead giveaway that there's more to come.

Last edited:

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Hey good job absolutely destroying Galeem!

I definitely didn't know about that same series boost, so that's incredibly useful information.

If you can, you should watch/play all of Mother 3. It's a fucking ride from start to finish.

To answer your replies to me: Yes Female Robin can marry Chrom and be Lucina's mother (as well as have a son). Conversely Male Robin can marry Lucina and they'll have a daughter. Basically Robin/Corrin/Byleth can marry every other playable unit of the opposite sex in their respective games (Byleth even has some bisexual options).

While there are more bad dragons than good in the FE, there are plenty of good dragons as well that are party members. They're usually very powerful units.

The people on the nuzcords were either saying A) there's no way there will be another FE rep, or B) It'll be Edelgard or Dimitri over Byleth. Naturally they were so incredibly wrong and I got to be so smug all day. It was wonderful.

Question of the update: I wasn't surprised BECAUSE YOUTUBE FUCKING SPOILED IT FOR ME (dicks...). But also I thought "yeah that makes sense." That said I definitely didn't expect being able to play as Master Hand. Shame you can't repeat that fight.

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
often forgets that selfdestruct exists
awwww, I'm glad we've been making your life better! your run is pretty good and unique, and I'm glad you're going strong at it :)

yeah, master hand is weeeeeeeird. I remember people theorizing that it was "the player's" hand, like the owner of the proverbial "toys", and crazy hand was like if this child went insane. what the fuck does that make tabuu and master core then...

good job beating galeem - you beat it MUCH easier than me!

as for the question... no I didn't, actually. it was a bit weird to have dharkon just show up without warning, there was no hint to it. plus the world of dark felt rushed. but I do like the implication that your hard-earned victory only messed up things even further because you opened way to the darkness

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"

These guys are cute, but are they useful?

To answer your question, no. They're just blobs that make baby noises. Chacron (the black one in this video) is a formidable opponent, though.

That is adorable!
...I may be a little biased because I love dragons and dinosaurs.
Aw, that dinosaur is adorable! And it's from Fossil Fighters! I wonder which one it's from.... *looks up* Oh no. It's from Fossil Fighters: Frontier. For the uninitiated, that's the bad one. >_> I mean, I get why it's here, considering so many Fossil Fighters characters are just humans (*yawns*), but.

Mother 3 is such a good game and one that it's a tragedy that non-Japanese players need to technically do crime to play. If Nintendo Switch Online will eventually get GBA games, Mother 3 should be in that first batch.

I didn't know that matching your spirit with your fighter by series gave it a power boost! *looks morosely at Smash skill level* I will share that information with someone who can use that information better than me.

You're playing with Joy-Cons? I respect that. Do you ever worry about Joy-Con drift?

Congratulations on beating World of Light! :D

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
YES THERE NEEDS TO BE A SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3 WHY NINTENDO WHY

Great job on the bosses, I honesty thought most of the deaths would be from there but you've been sweeping them without any casualties!

I dont remember what my reaction was but I do know I did explore the map as much as I could before fighting Galeem so I probably wasnt surprised when I was having trouble finding rest of the fighters.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Today we head into the Dark Realm.

@Neosonic97: Jeez, that's a lot of options o_o
I guess it makes sense though since Lucina needs a mother...also, she nearly has to kill Robin? Damn...
Also, eww at Corrin and Byleth being able to have borderline incest.
Yeah, only having half the cast by Galeem does make it obvious it's not over yet.

@hobohunter: Thanks :D
I don't think the same-series boost is ever mentioned in the game-kind of like how IIRC STAB isn't mentioned that much in Pokémon. The only real hint is that when you pick a primary, the little series symbol flashes for a second if they match. Not very obvious at all.
One of these days I definitely want to at least watch a full Mother 3 LP, if I can ever find the time...
Okay, that makes sense. I think I was confused because I thought Chrom was a lot older than Robin...also, they actually give Byleth some bi options? I'm shocked and impressed!
...I would totally load up on as many party dragons as possible if I ever play an FE game :v:
Haha, I bet that was satisfying. I remember on the old forum, there was a lot of talk about it and I think Edelgard or Anna were the two they kept naming off...
Oh man, I was just as shocked at being able to play as Master Hand. I wish something like that would be available as a side mode...it was so cool finally getting to play as him legit. Maybe in Smash 6, if that happens?

@CompleteWingback: 💜
Yeah, that's the theory I've heard-that or that the Hands are the player slowly growing up through the series. Still have no idea what Tabuu is, though...and YES what the hell is Master Core? I wish Smash 4 would've given us an answer...
That's fair-Dharkon does show up out of the blue. And I wish the Dark Realm would've been a little more fleshd out-they could have taken a bunch of fights out of the Light Realm and moved them there. I do like that implication, especially if you end up with the dark bad ending...

@Bowser's Family Vacation: At least they're cute? Also, wow that comeback was impressive!
Aww, is that one bad? :c
But at least they used a cute/unique character from it.
I still want to know why Mother 3 never released out of Japan...I'm not even a fan and that feels unfair. There's a fan translation floating around, but...yeah, I'm not huge on ROMming myself, mainly because I'm worried I'd end up with a virus...
They don't really mention the same-series boost in the game as far as I know, so don't feel bad. I think I only found out via SmashWiki...
To be honest, I didn't know Joy-Con drift was a thing until my sister told my mom her kids were having that problem...so far, mine still work okay. But yeah, I just stick with them hooked into the base-I guess I can't be a pro player :v:
Thanks! But it's not over yet...

@SweatingCalendar: Welcome back! :D
I know, I'd kill for a Galaxy 3...or an Odyssey 2 with some space elements?
I'm really surprised no one's died to a boss yet, although it seems like it mirrors my Pokémon Nuzlockes where most of my deaths are to random trainers...
That makes sense, since you'd only have 40 or so fighters by Galeem if you 100% the Light Realm.

Question: I had a feeling there might be more to WoL since I was still missing so many characters when I reached Galeem, and I felt like the "light" theme meant there would probably be a "dark" equivalent, but I don't think I was expecting a second godlike being and a whole second half to the game.

Before we head in the ominous dark portal, there's a couple of things to take care of real fast.

First off, I wanted to point out that the title screen actually changes at this point, now that we know there's a second deity to fight.

Also, the spirits I picked up from the gym were all close to max level, so I went ahead and enhanced them all. Wish one of them was a 4-star, but they should come in handy.

All right, it's time to head in the portal...

Welcome to the Dark Realm. Which begins with your character lying on the ground dead unconscious, lovely...

Like the beginning of the game, there are three paths to choose from.

We can also go back to the Light Realm if necessary. Since it was deadlocked on which way I should go first, I flipped a coin, and so I'm going up first, then left, and finally right.

Embedding the music because the Dark Realm's music is without a doubt my favorite theme in Ultimate. It's ominous, but gives me the feeling of having made it a long way (especially the part in the middle). I remember when I first played WoL, I felt like Dharkon could show up and attack me at any time, and I think the music was part of why.

...I'm gonna be honest, I may be attempting to write lyrics for it. I have about half of it worked out, but I'm not really a songwriter, so it's not easy :sweatdrop:
(No, I'm not going to sing it.)

In fact, the Dark Realm in general is probably my favorite area of WoL. Ironically, it's much easier to get around than the Light Realm was, even though Dharkon's supposed to be the "embodiment of chaos". And it's aesthetically amazing-it's creepy and horrifying and beautiful at the same time.

Ugh, I hate that alt...also, we're going to see the fights get stronger as we go along. There are a lot more 2 and 3-star fights, and even some unavoidable 4-stars, and much less 1-stars.

This one wasn't too bad, though. I'm not sure, but he may have had two defense nerfs.

And now Crazy Hand shows up. He doesn't block off stuff like Galeem's Master Hand did, but there are more of them-you'll have to fight three in all, one on each path.

I have no idea why this fork exists-there's nothing on the left path.

He's got a gun! 😱

Another cool thing about Dark Realm is Dharkon's puppet fighters have purple eyes instead of red ones.

Also pretty simple.

Again, I really feel like Mewtwo would make more sense...

Not too bad once Darkrai goes away. Luckily we have a sleep immunity.

Crazy Hand #1!

He also has an epic fly-in. Also, I love the dark version of Final Destination they use for these fights.

Music: Crazy Hand

He isn't much different from Master Hand, although he has some unique-and annoying-moves.

I was surprised I dodged that-usually they nail me with it.

The bombs are one of his unique attacks, but they aren't too bad.

He can also be stunned like Master Hand.

This spasm is another unique attack, but as long as you stay away, it's harmless.

And done. I actually killed him by shooting him with a peanut.

Solid rewards for an easy fight.

So many violent explosions! And now we can get that chest...

Nice! Racking up quite the stockpile for later if necessary.

...This makes me miss my old Tyranitar from Silver. He was like level 93 if I remember right... 😢

At least the sudden damage makes sense, but 30%? I could see 10%, but ouch.

Luckily he went down before it happened again-I don't know if I would've won at 112% or 142% :ohdear:

There was another chest behind him, and we got another decent prize out of it.

Hey, it's Sonic's girlfriend stalker crush friend! (At least, I think it's a one-sided crush?)

We dueled Hammers for a bit, but she wasn't too bad.

Anything on the other side of the fork?

...That looks like a shiny Gastly.

This is a unique fight-it's one of a few that give you a teammate. But most of them fail you if said teammate goes down.

Even with the bombs, it wasn't too bad.

So many choices...there's a fighter down one path, another boss down another, and I think a chest down a third.

Absolutely not. I am not risking someone dying because one of them randomly pulls a 9 out of his ass, especially when there are 8 of them and it's a very small stage (Flat Zone X). Luckily, this isn't the path we need.

Cute, but I really don't want to deal with an Assist...

Although honestly, Sable Prince is kind of trash-he doesn't do much damage, and dies pretty easily.

I took him out pretty quickly, and then threw both of them off-stage for the win.

I want to pick up that fighter, but the fight in front of them is really annoying...

It's a 4-star, so I probably shouldn't bother, but...at some point, there will be 4-stars that I can't avoid fighting. So I figured I'd give it a shot and decided if I lost more than one fighter, I'd move on.

Besides, between the type advantage and the same-series boost, that's not a huge power gap.

One down.

Two, and things are looking good...

And three! That was a lot easier than I expected.

That is some serious power-could definitely come in handy later.
And if I remember right, that fighter is Rosalina...?

Yep. One thing I've always wondered is exactly how they decided who you'd find where.

Easy enough. Rosalina's another one of my favorites, so I'd say gambling that fight paid off. Although I kind of question her sending her "children" into battle...

This is the third path.

Hehe, I stunned him with a Deku Nut and then fully charged my f-smash while he couldn't move~

Nothing down that path, though. So the last one is where we need to go.

This could get annoying...

Something that isn't mentioned anywhere is that when Vince is out, any fighter covered by a drawing takes double (possibly more?) damage from attacks as well as the damage from the drawing. So you want to stay the hell away from enemies while he's out.

Luckily, it wasn't too bad.

One more fight before the next area.

...So basically all of his attacks except Hadoken are stronger?

He was pretty easy, though.

They're nice enough to put a teleporter at the end of each path that takes you back to the middle.

And that takes us to the Mysterious Dimension. We'll check it out next time.

Game stats:
Fights cleared: 311
Fighters alive: 39

I had to borrow a later one and censor the fighters I pick up later again...

Next time, we begin exploring the Mysterious Dimension. I know this was a short update, but I figured this was a good place to stop and have the dimension itself be the next couple of parts.
Question of the update: what is your opinion of Lifelight?

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
oh uh. I also didn't know about the different colored enemy eyes in the World of Darkness

It fucking slaps.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Oh, Axl, when the Mega Man X series stopped respecting X.

But, hey, at least we got some good memes out of it.

And done. I actually killed him by shooting him with a peanut.
Confirmed: Crazy Hand has a deadly peanut allergy. ._.

Hey, it's Sonic's girlfriend stalker crush friend! (At least, I think it's a one-sided crush?)
No, no. You're spot-on about Amy. Sonic doesn't like her back. And Amy doesn't accept that.

Easy enough. Rosalina's another one of my favorites, so I'd say gambling that fight paid off. Although I kind of question her sending her "children" into battle...
*quakes in Fire Emblem Fates* Why not Awakening? Well, all of the Awakening children were actually born during peacetime. It's not their parents' fault that the apocalypse came knocking when those kids became teenagers.

As for my opinions on Lifelight, I have a high tolerance for cheese, so I like it, but its lyrics are all just "vaguely inspirational," so I don't like that. Give me "Edge of Dawn" (from Three Houses) or especially "Jump Up Superstar" (from Super Mario Odyssey) any day.

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
a short and sweet update, except for vince. I hate that fight so, SO much. it annoyed me more than some legend-tier fights to be honest.

as for lifelight, it's an amazing piece that has never failed to make me tear up. it's the kind of song you can show to people outside gaming and not feel weird about it. I've listened to the japanese version a couple of times but abby trott (who, fellow ace attorney fans, is also the voice of maya fey in spirit of justice!!) absolutely killed it in the english version imo. it's truly an anthem

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
Oh hey, I have finally returned from the pits of Hades! Good update man, and glad to be back.

Lifelight honestly makes me feel emotion, also for the longest time I had my own version of it that I sung when I was hyped for anything. So yeah, pretty good song, the singer in both English and Japanese did good jobs too.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator lizards in the air, in the aaaaaiiiiiirr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
Rosalina sending her children into battle against bounty hunters in super armor and crazed monkeys with peanut guns is just her way of toughening her lunas up. Kinda like when Olimar sends the entire species of pikmin to their doom on a regular basis.

Lifelight is a banger

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.
I'm gonna elaborate a bit more on the point with Lucina.

So basically, just prior, Robin's father, Validar, had proven to be able to mind control them, forcing Robin to take the Fire Emblem from Chrom and give it to Validar (before Robin could break free of said control).

In Lucina's time, it's known that Chrom was killed by the person they trust most, so Lucina comes to the (correct, as it's seen in the prologue) conclusion that in Lucina's timeline, Validar was successful in controlling Robin and using him to kill Chrom. Lucina decides to kill Robin at this point, though whether or not she's actually got the resolve to go through with it depends on if Robin is Lucina's husband or mother- regardless of whether or not Robin themselves accepts Lucina's judgement.

If Robin is Lucina's husband or mother, she won't be able to bring herself to do it. If they aren't, Lucina will prepare to end Robin anyway. Either way, Chrom was eavesdropping and walks in at that point, telling Lucina to have a bit more faith in the bonds they share.

Chrom would later be proven right when Robin BARELY avoids killing Chrom in the actual chapter the Prologue is based on, as he managed to hold back just enough so that instead of being killed, Chrom was just injured. Robin even notes the premonition in the prologue as the reason how he knew this was coming.

As for the question? Yeah, Lifelight's a good song.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Today we begin to explore the Mysterious Dimension.

@hobohunter: It's a cool little detail, even if it isn't super noticeable (I probably would've had them show purple on the pre-battle screen).
Hell yeah it does.

@Bowser's Family Vacation: Eh, memes are better than nothing, I guess?
...Now that's gonna be headcanon for me :v:
I wonder why she doesn't go after a different guy since he doesn't like her back? There's plenty in the series...
D: at Fates having child soldiers. I would have thought that'd be off-limits, even if the games aren't graphic...
That's fair, and yeah "Jump Up" is a bop.

@CompleteWingback: Yeah, Vince can get ugly fast since you can't get rid of him and the effect is unavoidable.
Definitely agree-I felt the same way the first time I heard it. I haven't listened to the Japanese version, but hell yes Abby killed the English version.

@Aureum: Hey, welcome back! :D
Same, and I wouldn't mind hearing your version, or just the lyrics if you'd rather not.

@SweatingCalendar: You know, I didn't think about that, but it makes sense. And maybe it helps them like Olimar helps the Pikmin since they seem to be self-sufficient by the end?
Agreed!

@Neosonic97: Oh wow, that's really cool. Robin's father is an ass though...
I wouldn't be able to kill them if they were my family either, so I can't fault Lucina for that (and luckily she never had to). And now I feel kind of bad for shitting on Chrom all the time...
Agreed.

Question: I think Lifelight's amazing-probably my favorite vocal track from a video game. And the singer's passion/excitement when she found out what it was for makes me like it even more.
I have a confession: the first time I booted the game up, I almost welled up a little watching the intro, and I think the song was part of why.

So what does the Mysterious Dimension hold for us?

The gimmick to this area is actually pretty cool: there are multiple sections like this with glowing areas in the middle.

When you step on the glowing area, some spirits will appear and you're asked a question.

You choose an answer by fighting the spirit you think the answer is. Only the correct answer will allow you to proceed, and if you answer correctly the first time, you get a prize. But there's no penalty for answering wrong except extra fights.

Music: Mysterious Dimension
(This is another of my favorite tracks from the game.)

Anyway, this first question is pretty obvious.

The fight was easy too. The Cape was unintentional, but I got a good laugh from it.

Answering correctly creates a path to the next section...

...and a chest spawns with your prize if you get it first try.

But since the other fights are pretty easy, I went ahead and took them on too.

This is unique in that it's the only Pikmin fight where they have 20 HP instead of 10.

Still easy, even though Samus is awkward for me to use.

Also simple.

Moving on. The characters vaguely look like they're surfing on these light paths-it's kind of cool to watch.

...Didn't we just do a fight with almost those exact buffs? Also, I don't know why they made that his name...

Not bad. That takes us to the first chest...

Nice. The correct-answer prizes are almost all SP, in larger amounts as you get deeper in-you can build quite a stockpile if you get them all right first try (or Google the answers :v: )

Before we move on, this side path leads to a fighter.

Our choices. I was pretty sure about this one anyway, and then I noticed something-see the yellow mark on the right? I'm not 100% sure, and it doesn't always happen, but I think the game actually somewhat hints you away from wrong answers by showing that if you look closely.

Especially since Redd was the right answer.

There's the fighter, and our correct-answer prize.

The other fight was messy-it turned into an Assist Trophy battle. He had Spring Man and someone I forgot, and then I pulled Alucard...it was chaotic, but fun.

Another solid prize.

This could go either way, depending on who gets to them first...

(I got them all first.)

Hey, it's Subspace's not-main villain/the guy who saved Nintendo from the video game crash of '83!

Easy enough. I'm not a huge R.O.B. fan, but he's okay. Still one of the most WTF additions to Smash though.

Next question.

(Throwing them in spoilers for easier viewing.)
So I never played Xenoblade, but I know Starlow's a Star Sprite and I figured since Riki calls himself a Heropon, it was probably Tora since they look alike...

Yep. Fight was simple too-interestingly, I think this is the first time Daisy's showed up in WoL.

I don't really know why I bothered, since I fucking hate Starlow because she's a total bitch to Luigi. But killing all three with one up smash was really satisfying.

Also simple. Mainly doing these for the spirit EXP and SP/items.

Speaking of SP...

This area is so weird-clearly something horrific happened to make it like this. And that's part of why I love it. Just look at the map...
(I linked to SmashWiki's article because the pic itself is too big to link directly.)

Anyway, moving on:

This one I honestly had to guess on (I know Google isn't cheating, but it doesn't feel right...) since I'm not big on the Zelda series. I figured it was either Zant or TP Ganondorf, but Ganondorf doesn't strike me as a king, so I went with Zant.

What does the Abra have to do with it?

Not too hard, though. And luckily I was right, so the fighter isn't the only prize.

Took out Agahnim and TP Ganondorf while I was here. Had a big laugh at beating Ganondorf with Jigglypuff of all characters. Skipped Ghirahim though since I really didn't want to deal with him as an AT.

And our next fighter is...

My favorite Kalos starter! Although all three are cool.
(The chest was another 2000 SP.)

Another one for the squad! Greninja's another favorite of mine, although I don't get the tongue-scarf at all...
Fun fact: he (well, a Gen 6 Pokémon, and he got the nod) had a spot reserved in Smash 4 before XY were even released, and Sakurai was working solely off of concept art. I think he did a good job 😊

We don't have to go this way, but there's another character over here.

Even though I'm not super into any of the series, I know Andross is/was a scientist, so this one was easy.

This is one of a few fights with a permanent AT helping the enemy. Reminds me of an event match in Brawl (one of the two-player ones-you play as Fox/Falco against Wolf with Andross in the background).

Not hard.

Both the others were easy too, even if Rosalina got nerfed hard from Smash 4. Not that I care-I use my favorites regardless of how "good" they are.

...Not sure if I should be having Lost flashbacks...

Hell no-she would definitely go on my top 10 hardest fights list. Sorry Fox, no reunion here...assuming they're even still a thing, considering the last game she was in had like nine possible endings with no confirmed canon one.
(I feel like I'm being a dick to poor Fox since I skipped both her and his dad...although I guess I could have skipped all of Falco/Peppy/Slippy, so it could be worse...)

I will rescue Wolf, though. So now I really feel like I'm being a dick to Fox 😐
(Then again, judging by the amount of Fox/Wolf shipping I've seen, maybe not...?)

Not too hard. Wolf's another top-10 favorite for me, and I'm glad he's back after he got cut in 4. Not sure if I like his Brawl or Ultimate design more, though.
(Also, that chest was 3000 SP. Racking up a huge stockpile so far~)

Back on the main path, and it's yet another generic character no one outside his series has ever heard of!

A little annoying-mainly because of the shaking-but not bad. At one point we both kept tripping-it was kind of funny.

I could go right and grab another character, but there're two hard fights in front of them, plus it's a character I'm pretty indifferent on (Corrin), so I'll pass for now.
Instead, going up to the next question:

Well, that should be easy...
Yeah, that's a gimme question. Obviously it's the only one from Splatoon.

Easy. I think the Squid Sisters have been more helpful than hindering.

Also easy, although three female Robins is murder on the ears 😖

A little more annoying thanks to the AT, but not bad. Trippy effect, though.

And simple. Forgot I only had to take out Wolf to win.

The prize here is actually not SP...

But it's just as solid. And our next question is:

Oh, great...why couldn't it ask who his daughter is?

And of course, they're all FE characters...

Honestly, my thought process here was basically "if there's a fight with Chrom in it, it's probably that one", so I went with Lissa.
(Well, that was my logic my first time playing. I've looked up a little bit of Awakening (mainly was curious about how he met adult Lucina) since then, so I actually knew this time.)

Although I guess that logic worked as well...

Also pretty simple.

Even with all the healing items, this one wasn't too bad either.

Autoheal is one of the best effects in WoL. This will definitely come in handy in boss fights.

This one was much tougher, although him getting caught in the star when I used my FS was very satisfying.

It didn't kill, though...but the second one did.

And now we go back across the place, which leads to another fighter, as well as our next prize chest (another 3000 SP)...

I guess that makes sense since the last question was about FE.

Not hard. Ike's okay, and at least he's a little unique in that he's the heaviest FE character. I could take or leave him, though.

And that seems like a good place to stop. We'll delve deeper into the dimension next time.

Game stats:
Fights cleared: 340
Fighters alive: 43

Next time, we reach the heart of the dimension, although the boss won't be for another update.
Question of the update: do you have a favorite and/or least favorite boss in Smash (any game)?

Last edited:

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Hey my banning you did the trick!

hmmmmm Favorite boss? Honestly probably Marx. It was such a fun fight in Kirby Super Star and I'm glad the fight was pretty much done the same way in Ultimate. Least Favorite? I dunno, maybe Petey Piranha? I dunno it's just kind of boring.

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
0/10 too much fire emblem in this update

all jokes aside, nice job! we're getting there.

the question - while I do like the boss fights in smash, they're not exactly memorable for me. or, at least, it's not what I play the game for. so I don't have a strong favorite here; I'll go with giga bowser because of his theme song and overall design, though the fight could use a little flair (see rathalos). my least favorite is a toss-up between marx (making the boss move around the stage like a madman doesn't make the fight hard, just annoying) and porky minch.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Wait. Are all of the questions of this caliber?

...Didn't we just do a fight with almost those exact buffs? Also, I don't know why they made that his name...
What can I say? The Mother series isn't afraid to have childish humor alongside the existential dread? I'm still not over Mother 3, and more people should be heartbroken about it.

Woo! Glad to say that I knew all the answers! I'm a very proud nerd. B) I think it's clever that all of the options for the Fire Emblem question are well-known "little sisters" in the series. Except Elincia. I haven't played the Tellius games, but I have no idea why she's here? Wouldn't someone like Eirika, even if she is a twin, make more sense?

I haven't played enough Smash (and certainly for a while) to have an opinion on its bosses, other than that I think Subspace Emissary should have had more bosses from the source games, like World of Light does. :)

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I'll start for the question. I dunno about least favourite, but I do have a favourite for sure.
Spoiler alert: It's Rathalos. I've already gushed about said boss fight enough.

As it turns out, there's STILL more Fire Emblem stuffs to explain regarding Awakening.

So basically, Robin's dad, Validar, is the leader of the national religion of the country of Plegia, which is a cult known as the Grimleal, who worship the Fell Dragon, Grima. Validar's ultimate plan is to ressurect Grima, but for that he requires the Fire Emblem and a vessel for Grima to inhabit. As you may or may not have guessed, Robin was meant to be that vessel.

In the original timeline, after Chrom dies, Grima takes over Robin's body and revives at full power, proceeding to lay waste to the world, creating the ruined timeline that Lucina (as we know her) originates from. Due to one of the gems to be used with the Fire Emblem being lost, the Awakening Ritual could not be performed to unlock the Falchion's true power, leaving even Lucina unable to deal with Grima.

In the timeline where Robin resists, despite averting Chrom's death, Grima does still revive, albeit not at full strength due to not being able to take control of the Robin of said timeline (Basically, Grima followed Lucina back to the past to prevent her from stopping his ressurection, using Future!Robin's body), but since they have the Fire Emblem and all of the Gemstones, there's still a chance at stopping him.

Grima's inability to take control of Robin, plus Robin's heritage actually proves to be Grima's undoing in one of the ends of Fire Emblem Awakening- you see, it has two endings. It's revealed a few chapters earlier that, due to being Grima's intended vessel, Robin has some of Grima's power within them, and the only thing that could kill Grima permanently was his own power, though this would come at the cost of Robin's own life. Even the Falchion could only seal him away. So you're given two choices once Grima's defeated: either let Chrom seal him away again, or have Robin sacrifice themselves to end Grima permanently, so as to spare future generations the trouble of dealing with him.

...Though Robin does end up coming back in the latter (without the mark of Grima on their hand) due to the strong bonds they share with the rest of the Sheperds (the name of the group of militia led by Chrom). And in a case of bookending, they're found by Chrom and his sister Lissa in the exact same way as they are at the beginning of the game- lying down unconscious in a field.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Today we head deeper into the Mysterious Dimension.

@hobohunter: Haha, it actually did-I was working on it and then I'd stopped to take a break and eat, came back to that and was like "oh shit he's right!"
Marx is definitely a cool fight, and I'm glad it's faithful to its source. And yeah, Petey was kind of boring, even for a first boss.

@CompleteWingback: 0/10 Smash has too much Fire Emblem period
Getting there a little at a time-WoL is a marathon, especially under Nuzlocke rules.
that's fair, since the bosses are more of a side attraction. Giga Bowser is very cool though, but yeah after four games he's a little boring. Rathalos is also neat.
I lie Marx okay, but I do agree teleporting is annoying. And Porky is aggravating as hell, especially since I don't play Ness/Lucas much and you're locked into using them...

@Bowser's Family Vacation: Yeah, they aren't hard at all, especially if you know the series. But even then, Google exists :v:
I've heard Mother is pretty funny when it's not shattering people's hearts into pieces. 3's ending hurt me without even playing/seeing the whole game 😢
Oh, they're (mostly) all little sisters? I guess that makes sense and makes it harder for me.
I do agree with that-as much as I like Galleom/Duon/Tabuu, having a few more canon bosses in SSE would've been neat. I like to headcanon Mewtwo somehow being involved and that's why he wasn't in Brawl...

@Neosonic97: I had a feeling you would say Rathalos.
...Oh wow, Robin's dad really is a dick if he was gonna use his own son to end the world. And I thought Ghetsis was a bad father...
That's really cool, especially giving you a choice whether to kill Robin or not. And I'm glad it has a good ending regardless (I like that ending mirroring the beginning of the game). So what happens to bad-timeline Lucina, does she vanish?

Question: I don't really have a favorite boss because most of them are pretty cool, but I think I'd say Rayquaza or Rathalos because they're both really well-designed.
Least favorite is probably Petey Piranha because he was kind of boring, although Dracula was almost BS-tier hard for me (he's very well-designed though). I'm dreading him in this run... :ohdear:
So we left off unlocking Ike and continuing deeper into the dimension.

Heh, that's pretty clever. I feel like it should be lower attack and speed at first, though.

Not bad. Greninja's fun to use, especially when you can chain down-airs on someone.

We need to go right to progress, but going left will lead to a couple more characters I want to grab.

Here's our next question.

So this is actually a unique question-it's the only one with two correct answers. I haven't played a ton of Kirby games, but I do know the answers are Whispy and Scarfy.

Whispy was easy. Also now there's a ton of Kirby puppets, even though they still don't make sense...
That leads to our first character:

The original legend himself. (I tend to headcanon Smash Mewtwo as male. Outside of that, I can accept either.)

Easy since I have a type advantage :v:
Broken record here, but Mewtwo's another top-10 favorite of mine, and I still don't know why he got cut in Brawl. Especially since it seems like they planned on him staying, judging by how much data the game has for him. I would have happily axed Jigglypuff or Toon Link to keep him.
I mean, he wasn't a clone like the other four who got cut were. But I don't buy the "Lucario replaced him" argument, especially since they were happy to have both in 4/Ultimate (even though he was only DLC in 4). 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, wow, Scarfy is a stupidly easy fight...

Just kidding! This is another pretty clever battle.

Still easy, though. This is one fight where the "KOs heal damage" effect comes in handy.

The other three were all easy as well. So the Scarfy path takes us to the next section...which isn't necessary to progress, but does lead to another character I want to grab.

As well as our prize. I guess getting snacks after a Kirby question is appropriate.

Next question:

Well crap. I don't know much about Castlevania at all...
And none of the choices are really obvious either. I just assumed it was a Belmont since they're known for fighting Dracula (and obviously he didn't fight himself, so it's not Kid Dracula). So I basically guessed Trevor, especially since there's a hostile AT in that fight (yes, it's Alucard).
(Although I've seen a bit of the Netflix series now, so I knew it for this run. From what I've seen, it looked really good...has anyone watched it?)

The problem is, I didn't have a strong enough green spirit to fight him with.

But thanks to a shitload of snacks, now I do.

I like my chances, but I would still put this fight in my top 10 hardest, or very close to it, largely because of Alucard.

It started off okay, especially since Sheik died from a shield break.

Palutena went down quickly too, but here's where things get ugly.

Now it's two-on-one...also, Alucard would've been a neat addition to the roster. Glad they at least made him an AT.

But Simon goes down before he could kill me! I was not expecting to win that first try...either I'm underestimating myself or I'm overestimating the enemies, not sure.

Nathan and Gabriel were easy too. Not really sure why I skipped Kid Dracula, but he's not necessary.

Which leads to a freaking pirate ship. I would say it doesn't fit, but honestly it just adds to the chaos of the area, so it works.

Another nice prize.

One more simple fight leads to another character:

I guess the pirate ship fit after all.

And our squad continues to grow!
I honestly never thought K. Rool would get in Smash-I never saw him again after DK64, so I just assumed he was gone and forgotten, even though I would've loved to see him in and he was such a popular choice on the Fighter Ballot back in 4. I was really happy when I found out he was getting in, and he's another favorite of mine (no, I don't really have a specific main).
I also think he has one of the best fanbases of any potential fighter-look at the thank-you letter and fan art this group sent Sakurai when he got in (English translation in the thread). Waluigi fans could take some serious notes from them.
(Also, NOA sent them a really nice response-it's in the thread also. Just makes me love the company more.)

Heading back to the main path, which abruptly gives us another character:

Edgy Kirby!

Since this isn't Brawl, he was pretty easy. Meta Knight's pretty cool, but I don't use him as much as a lot of the others.

We can get one more character if we can beat this fight. But it's a tough one...so again, I figured if I lost more than one character, I'd move on.

But he was actually not that hard. And the next character is:

The better brother.

I felt using Mario would be appropriate, especially since Luigi's rescued him like four or five times now.
I've always liked Luigi more, and he's also in my top 10 favorites. And M&L and Luigi's Mansion (especially 3) have only made me love him more. I just wish the Mushroom Kingdom would stop shitting on him and recognize/love him as much as they do Mario 😭
(Fun fact: Luigi's the only one of the original 12 that's in the Dark Realm.)

Luigi's the last character in here, so it's back to the main path, and another question:

...Really?
The broken warp pipe is a nice aesthetic touch, though.

(No spoiler since there's only two choices.)
And I thought the first question was easy :facepalm:

Tiny Bowser is weirdly adorable.

There were so many I ended up getting my FS.

Not hard.

Pidgit was also easy.

I think they realized they handed out too many SP in this area. Still a decent prize though.

Our final question has six possible answers:

Seems easy, but they throw a clever curveball in the choices:
I mean, the Ancient Minister seemed like the leader until 2/3rds of the way through when he joins you and you find out Tabuu exists.

Oh boy...
Me in Part 9 said:

I approve of Subspace references. I would have killed for a sequel in Smash 4...that said, there's a certain fight with a Subspace character later on that I'm absolutely dreading...
Me in Part 12 said:

Buffing up first. I also went for Braking Ability ^, Thrown Items ^, and Fast Final Smash Meter. Also picked Landing Lag v, mainly because I want to work toward something down there for a certain fight in the Dark Realm if I make it there. You might know the one.
Yeah, this is the fight I was talking about. I think 13,900 is the strongest power any spirit battle has (although there may be a 14,000 somewhere). And that sudden damage? 30% each time it hits you. This fight decimated runs by players I'm pretty sure are better than I am.
Luckily it isn't Smash 4 Bayonetta, or it would probably be impossible.

So I went to the Skill Tree again. Metal Killer is what I wanted for this fight, but I figured the others could all come in handy as well.

Even with the same-series boost, we're still down by 2000 power, and can't get a type advantage since it's a neutral. If all the Pokémon go down, this could get very ugly...
(Honestly, Tabuu would've been a cool boss in WoL. They would've had to tone down his Off Waves and other moves, though. Also, his music is amazing.)

I'm gonna be honest, I threw Jigglypuff in as a sacrifice, hoping maybe I could figure out a strategy to use with a different Pokémon. Managed to do some damage, but I fully expected to lose...

WHAT.
HOW?

...How the hell did I win that, let alone first try??? I thought I was sacking Jigglypuff, how the hell did she pull that off?

...That is some serious starting power. Also this makes me really want to replay Subspace again...and I kind of want to LP it like I did this run, but I feel like it'd be better done as video, and I still don't have a way to do that...

And that makes the boss appear.

Picking up our last chest prize first.

Had some fun with these fights-Medusa particularly since I just shot her 14286 times.

Why is she wearing a mom dress? Once she's enhanced though...damn. And her enhanced version is very helpful as well.

That is a lot of Bombers!
Makes sense though.

Luckily three of them wasted them immediately. I wish you could see the pose R.O.B. makes when he uses an item-it's sassy as hell and I love it.

This fight was actually harder than Tabuu was :psyduck:

But the FS took them all out. We can fight the boss now, but that'll have to wait until next time.

Game stats:
Fights cleared: 361
Fighters alive: 47

Next time, we take on our next boss and head to the Dark Realm's second area.
Question of the update: if you were allowed to remove any one character from Smash, for any reason whatsoever, who would get the boot and why?
Also, on a serious note, is everyone holding up okay regarding the coronavirus?

Last edited:

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Uh oh. That title doesn't bode well.

Obviously Kid Dracula from Kid Dracula fought alongside Alucard to defeat Dracula! I love when the quizzes have a character from a wrong series as a gimme. Although I wonder if they put certain wrong answers in to get fanwork creators brainstorming.... :)

I've heard terrible things about that Dracula fight! Go, King Dedede!

Hey! Stop being mean to Luigi, King Dedede! D:< Just because the Mushroom Kingdom doesn't mean you should!

I watched the clips you linked to, and...

Tabuu destroyed those runs the way he destroys Master Hand here. ._. And how Bayonetta destroyed Smash 4's balance.

Your Jigglypuff versus Tabuu:

Question of the update: if you were allowed to remove any one character from Smash, for any reason whatsoever, who would get the boot and why?
As much as I love Fire Emblem, Fates is what Fire Emblem haters think Fire Emblem is. For that reason, I would cut Corrin. We have Byleth repping a much better Fire Emblem game anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)