• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Fan Game Teen Mon A World Beyond

Thread Description
A Pokemon Xenoverse HC Nuzlocke, Attempt 1

Nickytung

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Time Master Eon Boss battles and their pre-battles CGI are definitely one of my fav features in this.
@Chromia Sell Yeah Boomer's Aftermath not Prankster smfh my head
@ZHODY i stg there is not one thing i tolerate about that guy.
@0 Anonymous Boomer's stats make me cry, he could have been the best mon in the entire run...
@Bowser's Family Vacation Not all gyms have wild encounters but some of them do. Having more encounters is definitely worth it.

: I love going out to sea, but it's been years since anyone kept me company...
Say what? You have an errand on Isola Pigliapesci on behalf of Aster?
I'll get you there young man! I would be happy to have some company after all these years...

Yes, that's exactly who you're thinking of. The old man will takes us where we want to be and back, no kidnappings involved.

Here we are, little tropical island with very little to do, except two specific things:

First off, we beat a couple fishermen for exp and money. Then we go do what we actually came here for.

: Who dares disturb the earned relaxation of Rem, the great genius?
What? Aster wants to know how far along with my work I am? Uhm, well... T-T-Take this and scram!

He gives us an unfinished standard Xeno Ball. I smell a firing here and it's not AAAAAAAAAA nor Boomer.

: L-L-Look, it was not an easy task! I-I didn't take any extra leave time!

Yeah and you're not going to be fired either. You're just going on a vacation. Indefinitely.
Well, that's all we can do in this tiny and inconsequential island, so let's go back to the lab.

: Nick, I was waiting for you! Did my researcher give you what I was looking for? Let me see.
That... That's a simple Xeno Ball!
That slacker didn't change anything!
He's wasting our fund for a comfy vacation! He'll have to deal with me!

Uh oh Rem, you angered the man with a Suicune. Not a smart move my man...

: Tell me, Nick... who acoompanied you to the island?
What? You say it was Mr. Briney to bring you there?!
Not you too, Nick. The old Mr. Briney left this world years ago by now!

:psyduck:

: Anyway; I did promise you a reward... Here you go, the PokeWES

That's a pretty rad design, I want one irl...

: This invention of ours will be out soon... You'll be one of the few to beta-test it!
In short, this glove contains everything necessary for a Trainer...
Town Map, Pokédex, Achievements and, finally, HM Function, our pride and joy!
Through a specific process, the PokéWES generates some holograms, the Holomons.
Those can eat rocks and cut down trees that hinder your progress! And that's not it! It's also possible to call for actual Pokémon, for an all-around exploration!
That's the reason why it's called WES; Wide Exploration System! Ahahah
That process, however, requires particulare stones, the N Gems, that I don't have with me at the moment...
I'm sure you can find them through the course of your adventure,though!

Well, there's not much to add to that, except that removing HMs is by far the best decision GF ever took. Also, he gives us more Xeno Balls and a specific section for X species in the Pokédex. Nice!

The layout also looks pleasant and intuitive, so that's nice.

To reach the second gym we need to take a boat to Campus Arepoli, which is an university in the middle of exam season, exactly like mine. Please Xenoverse stop reminding me I am full of shit to study I already do that enough:crying:.

So, after making our way back to the beach, we board the S.S. Comet and, like in every other place, we break into people's personal space and bug them.

There is no way to go back to land until the event is over, so the first cabin on the left contains a Porygon Center to heal and use the PC. I still grinded before I came on board because I know what's coming and each use costs 500 bucks, which is ok if you fight against trainers but no so much if you need to grind on wild Pokémon.

A merchant in a room sells very useful berries at a convenient price (reason why I grinded before boarding and didn't buy any more Pokéballs), so I take 50 Sitrus and 10 of all the others except Oran.

While fighting trainers, Soxrex became a beeg sheep.
Before going to speak to the captain, there is one last thing we can do.

"Do you want to try opening the chest?"

We will make our father proud by practicing the art of theft!

: Hey, keep your hands off! This is straight up robbery! Never steal at the Merchant's!

And we get challenged by this very well designed fellow. Now, I'll give you three guesses on what his second Pokèmon is.

If you guessed correctly, congratulations! You are people of culture as well.

His signature Pokèmon is an Eldiw Meowth. This is not an X species, it's an actual regional form. It has the same stats as the others and is pure Psychic type.
After beating him to a pulp he apologizes for "wrongly accusing" us and gives us a Rare Candy. There are 11 merchant battles through the game and all of them are the exact same, so I won't show them all. Their wares are way more interesting.
After this, we do the only thing that makes time pass on a Pokèmon world boat. We annoy the captain to shit! Halfway through, though, we're stopped.

: And you are...?
Oh, the famous Nick! Didn't think you were this young...
Aster spoke highly of you, but I wonder how truth there is in his words...
Well, enough small talk, I see you're going to the command chamber. Would you bring this to the captain?

He gives me a Secret Potion. Does the captain have an Ampharos?

: The old man is seasick, you know? Even he keeps trying to hide it...
Tell him it's from Tarassaco, alright?

And with that, the man and his horrible haircut leave us alone.
We head to the captain to give him his potion but...

: A school of Sharpedo targeted the ship! The engine has taken significant damage!
We don't know how much longer we can take their atta-

Something blew up. We fucked ain't we?

: Take the passengers to safe-uaaaargh!!

And with that we black out. Game over thanks for staying here with me through this amazing ga-

Oh nevermind. We're alive, just shipwrecked. This is Isola Buconero, or Blackhole Island if want. It has a creepy atmosphere, creepy music and...

: Are you perhaps lost, young traveler? In that case, you only have to continue straight ahead for the exit!

Creepy ghost child! Teleports away and all. Also bullshit. The exit is not straight ahead.

Aside from the countless treasure chests scattered in this deserted island, there is a Porygon Center, just in case you want to grind more and you have the money. Anyway, let's finally fill out our team!

And we get the most useless encounter possible at the moment, but also the one that has the most potential for later on. Nature is crappy but that's not even a surprise anymore isn't it.

In this area, I advise to never lead with a mon weak to Ghost or Fairy, cause these bleppy babies have Shadow Tag as HA, which is very rare, but still possible.
I love Nunvil's design and 35/30/62/65/55/33 statline, but unfortunately its evolution is very disappointing statwise and Shadow Tag is useless against the AI. Such a shame.
You can also meet the phantom girl again, so I'll do that before getting out of this hellhole. After

: Do you want to play with me a little bit?

: Water is patient... Drop after drop it even cosumes rock.

Ooooook?

: I'm sorry, mommy... The water... It was calling me...!

Well, fuck. This got dark very very fast. That's the last time you see this lil girl, so the only thing you get out of playing with her is extreme sadness and adult fear.

By going all the way west and then down, you find a beach with this injured Lapras washed ashore. By using Tarassaco's Secret Potion, you can heal her. Fun fact, Tarassaco means dandelion, which means he's the closest thing we have met to an actual professor yet. Or he was just a bard in the past idk.

The now healed Lapras takes us to the wrecked ship, which has an even more sinister theme than the island.

There is a Porygon Center here too, if you need it. Anyway, I'll be repelling through this place, cause our encounter is a static. I gave all my Pokémon Sitrus Berries and braced myself for the hardest battle yet.

Ladies, gentlemen and enbies, this is Sharpedo X.

There are multiple issues with this boss fight. The first one is her absolutely insane stat spread for her level. With 70/120/40/95/40/95 stat spread+ omniboost she will absolutely shred everything in front of her. The second issue is her moveset. With Aqua Jet/Phantom Force/Leer/Confuse Ray she can hit pretty much everything for neutral damage and, since I haven't caught a Yemin/Zigzagoon/Bidoof in the first two areas, I have absolutely nothing that can take one Phantom Force. So I have to rely on AI fuckups and on Static to stop it. The big plus is that this monster can be caught. So she can come with me and maul half the opponents for the rest of the early game.

Thankfully, she goes for Confuse Ray for turn 1 and I manage to hit a Thundershock. Which did that much. This mon is the epitome of a glass cannon. Unfortunately, Cursed Body hit me, so I have to swap out.
I manage to get back to Soxrex, but the monster used Phantom Force.

And that means I have to say goodbye to one of my friends. Bye Stimner, RNGesus hates us and you paid the price.

And of course it did it again the turn right after because what is luck.

I finally managed to hit her through Confuse Ray and catch her. In a pragmatic way of thinking I should be happy to have an incredibly hard hitting Pokémon in exchange of only 2 borderline useless ones in a fight I was very afraid of losing. But the death count going up makes me go reeeee every single time anyway.
Tarassaco finds us after we get out of the room and teleports us away with his Alakazam, because apparently he did that with everyone else before the ship crashed. Not us because we're ugly ig.
We find ourselves in Vetta Polare, where Tarassaco lives and makes the Porygon Centers. He then gives us the Transferer to say sorry for leaving us there, a device that, with the right updates, can make trade evolutions evolve, exactly like THE PHANTUMP THAT JUST DIED BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T THERE DAMN IT TARASSACO YOU'RE NOT HELPING

: Oh, Nick! Get over here.

We can't even go bury our fucking teammates that he stops us again.

: Sigh... Sigh... You're Nick, right?Mr. Tarassaco told me you'd help me, is that right? I was in Zerokelvin Cave to have a snowball fight with my Hikiloo...
Then, suddenly, two bad guys took it from me by force... sigh...
Please, Nick! Find my Hikiloo and bring it back safe and sound!

Sure. Hell, I'll even do it right now if you don't mind the smell of rotting corpses coming from my PokéballSHUT UP AND LET ME GO BURY MY TEAMMATES GODDAMNIT

Sigh, I hope that ghost shark was worth it...

Not bad! Not bad at all. She will jaggernaut a big part of my next opponents. Now I can go save the kid's ice dog. And possibly get my next encounter. Hopefully Murderer broke the trend of shitty encounters.

Well, that was mentally exhausting, I doubt I can update tomorrow for a series of factors, the biggest being having to wake up early on Thursday. I hate university exams.

Last edited:

Chromia Sell

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 7, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ghost
Good luck with all of your upcoming pain-related activities!

ZHODY

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ZHODY have minimal knowledge of almost every subject. They take pride in this.
"proud and joy" ...It's "pride and joy" in english, but I'll take that as a literal translation.
...I love nunvll. Fluffy baby onesie?
oh no, the x sharpedo i saw you fight on the discord...
WHOA! That art is amazing! With his eye lights streaking.
rip trevenant chance, yea...
"the, suddenly"
ooo~ 31 attack iv. or was that set? still, cool

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Aw, I love the Mr. Briney callback! This is the type of fan service I love: completely unobtrusive to the uninitiated but a trip down memory lane for those in the know. :)

We all wish we could be as much of a genius as Rem. 😤 bet he wishes he had a pokemon with water absorb or storm drain tho

Ooh, ghost Mr. Briney. :0 👻 🚣‍♂️

Oh, the PokeWES looks like the Snag Machine from the Orre games!

Is that intentional?

I love the PokeWES! The HM Function does the best of both worlds: freeing up your Pokemon's movesets while still enabling a world design with the puzzles and roadblocks of HMs. Also... Achievements? 👀

And PMD references too!? My heart! ❤

Ow! Just hand over your wares already! D:<

Uh oh, shipwreck arc!

*looks at Gastly* Max IV in Attack!? Really!?

Tarassaco finds us after we get out of the room and teleports us away with his Alakazam, because apparently he did that with everyone else before the ship crashed. Not us because we're ugly ig.
Or... He wants that sweet, sweet Pokedex data on the murderer. he is a professor (kinda) after all

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Even Ghost Briney has a Pelipper, dude stans those birds even beyond death

RNG wants you to have a physical Gengar apparently

Trev would've been nice if there's a way to make the movepool less dogshit in this game. If this game has moves be learned on evolve it could've been okay but even then it's not a horrible loss.

Sucks you lost so many good dudes to Xpeedo, what encounters were possible in that place by the way? Just curious what you could get if you didn't repel

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
Mixed Attacker Spiritomb with both priority and confusion is 100% fair and balanced.
Cursed Body Glass Cannon with basically the same thing AND Phantom Force? Truly the epitome of game balancing.
Something tells me that something so powerful in the early game is a not so good omen for the rest.

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Yikes, I like the whole concept, but boi does this game get HARD

Nickytung

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
@Chromia Sell Thanks, you too.
@ZHODY Nunvil is a cutie... nah the 31 atk ivs is not fixed I was lucky for once
@Bowser's Family Vacation This game is brimming with references, I had to skip a couple cause they were to italian pop culture but it was amazing to play through first time. Also the PokeWES is prolly more akin to Mass Effect's holo devices but yeah I think the acronym is defo a reference.
@0 Anonymous I think Trevenant would still be bad since the required update to evo it is later in the game and by then the team is prolly built much better. The encounter in the Meteor wreck were 50% Zubat and 50% Grimer, nothing too special.
@AnOddEncounter @redninjapuffle The battles are not hard in casual play since they're basically attriton battles but god avoiding death to them in a nuzlocke is hard as balls. I think after the 2nd gym battle we're gonna stop encountering unfair advantages for a while iirc.

Here we are, ready to save a dog and make a friend!

Ooh, Blingrimm is very interesting. A Steel/Poison with 50/68/77/30/40/30 and Poison Touch or Hyper Cutter(or Touch Claws if I'm incredibly lucky) is very good for this part of the game! Her only issue is that she evolves late so she will fall back for a decent chunk of the game but I like her chances.

Still kinda salty that I got the worst nature out of them but Hyper Cutter adamant with Hone Claws (and later possibly Shift Gear) is 👀

We come across another nest after a Frost Breath TM and it's an ice puzzle! Yay.... Thankfully it's pretty linear and easy. We take a detour to the right and we find another TM. For Flash Cannon. With 1 badge. This gives me the opportunity to point out the biggest flaw I found in this game yet. TM distribution is kinda random, meaning you can find absurdly op moves early into the game while moves like Bulldoze are locked in postgame areas and I'm like ??????
At the end of it we find a Razor Claw, which paired with the with the 21% Sneasel encounter, makes for a pretty powerful Weavile early into the game. A shame it's useless for the next 2-3 gyms.

This dude is a static but infinite Escape Rope that is present in every dungeon. His name is Ominous, for no particular reason than to make horrible puns in italian.

Dude blocks the way out of town until you've helped the kid. "Researching ice Pokèmon" in a cave that is like 2 feet away from his home.

: This dumb Hikiloo will get us some big bucks! Eh eh!
: With the ransom money we'll be able to buy an entire candy shop! Eh eh!

And we meet the kidnappers! Literally KIDnappers :rimshot:

How could you ever kidnap this baby🥺🥺🥺 Fun fact: it's also an encounter in this cave, a pretty good one at that, considering it's an early game Normal/Ice type that evolves via Ice Stone and has a 5% chance to carry one. Meaning that, with the gen 8 move reminder, you have a very good physical breaker for the early game. Like Weavile tho, it gets hard countered by the next gym. Its base stats spread is 40/65/55/40/40/60 and its abilities are Vital Spirit, Snow Cloak and Ice Body(HA) btw

Didn't remember their mons but I still led two mons SE on theirs (Drowzee is Psychic/Sound so weak to Soxrex). Absolute W.
The two run to their mommies and we get the pupper back to its owner, which gives us...

The MN Gem for Rock Smash! How did a kid have that? Tarassaco gave it to him to reward me when I got the dog back. Pretty good reward imo

"An extremely hungry Holo-Trapinch will clean up all the rocks it finds in its path, unlocking the passage to zones still uncharted"

That makes it seem more epic than it is but I love an holo poggles that eats rocks already.

Goggles noms a rocc and we reach Route 3, on our way to Arepoli Campus. It's permanently hailing there but it's nothing we can't handle.

This is a safe house in the middle of the route, in which you can heal, which means I can get my new encounter and grind it too!

Oh, you son of a bitch. I already fought THE ONLY BATTLE in the entire game in which you're useful last update. And now you come here and waste an encounter zone with lots of juicy mons. I hate you so so much.

Trained her up anyway since I need firepower. I got the worst ability in Inner Focus and a mediocre nature that decreases her only decent stat, slowing her down even further and, given her wet paper bag defenses, that's definitely not good. At least she came with a 20% Black Belt.

Trainer class peeping tom is incredibly funny. They're not even mandatory, you have to talk to them to fight them. Fantastic.

We reach Route 4, where we get greeted by a Porygon Center I will never use because I'm that stingy. We can't get an encounter here yet, since we need the fishing rod, so I will only get one if strictly necessary. The bridge is a little trainer gauntlet.

First trainer here sics his Koinkoin on us. While LLLLL is advantaged typing wise, I won't keep her in this matchup. This incredibly punny Pokèmon has a stat spread of 120/60/105/40/105/20, which is way too fat for LLLLL to one or two shot and, while her offenses are far from amazing, LLLLL dies if you spit at her so I'll let Beyblade handle this. Koinkoin is a pure Normal type and her ability is Piggybank; which doubles the money gain in any battle she takes part in. Basically Amulet Coin but pig and fat. At the end of the bridge, we come across... something.

: Don't you dare play dumb with me! Spit it out! Bzz!
:
I-I don't know anything, I swear!
: You dumb four-eyes! You're just as useless as this earring! Bzz!

The idiot throws the MacGuffin away and we receive it from the scientist.

It doesn't do anything atm but it will come to use soon. Also I missed the CGI and hadn't saved in a while please forgive me :crying:

: Stupid pieces of junk, turn heel and get out of the campus!

Welcome to Campus Arepoli! As every other university campus, it's currently in the middle of a robot takeover.
We help totallynotfemaleprotagonist and we finally get to face Team Dimension in battle! Why finally? Because the OST is an absolute bop!
We easily dispose of them and they run away.

: Thanks a bunch for the help. What a strange way to get to know each other!
Nice to meet you, my name's Alice and this is my dear friend Pikachu!

cute

: As you can see, she's not like the Pikachu we're used to seeing...
Researchers claim they come from another world... incredible, right?
It is said it's impossible to form a bond of friendship with these Pokémon, but that's not true for me and my sweetheart Pikachu... We're like sisters!
Oh, excuse my attention seeking... What's your name?
Nick? Nice to meet you!
What? Who were those weirdos?
You see, I came here to visit Campus Arepoli's giant library, but it seems like Team Dimension completely beseiged it.
Multiple students are being held hostage by them...
It's terrible! I get the goosebumps just by thinking about it! We absolutely have to do something!
I'll go after those two, you take care of the ones still here on campus!
Anyway, I liked fighting at your side!
After all, it's not everyday you come across a Trainer this cute. Ah ah!

Everybody, meet Alice. She's the counterpart of the protagonist and her personality is love interest. That's it. I can understand why anyone would like her character but I personally found her bland and boring.

In the middle of the seige, we still find a Nurse Joy(ce) and a Porygon Center, both fully operational. Nice tactic, Team Dimension smh
We make our way north to the library while beating up a couple of TD scrubs.

One of them throws a new mon at us so it's time for Nicky's Analysis™
Puppillon is Psychic/Dark with a 30/30/50/70/60/50 statline and is basically Nunvil's counterpart, considering both evolve with the same item and have Frisk as ability and Shadow Tag as HA. Both are pretty good if you get them and farm their evo item in Blackhole Island, but fall out quickly since, apart from Shadow Tag, their evolutions are very lackluster and, by the time you can get them again, they tend to be worse than the rest of your team.

We enter the library and face two more skrubs.

The first of which actually does some decent damage with their Wrap/Payback Inkay. After beating them both, we go back and grind for the next boss battle. There is no need to since it's an absolute joke, but I'll do it anyway.

Alright, that's enough. Let's meet those Sergeants.

: Look at that, B, that's exactly what we were looking for, Roger!
: Are you sure, A? It just looks like a brick to me... Roger!
: What kinda question is that, you stupid scrap! This is a sacred object that contains boundless power...
: Ehm... Hey, A!
: Stop interrupting me! Don't you see that...

: Oh oh! Looks like we have company. Roger!

Hi, Daft Punk.

: It's what I wanted to tell you, big bro! I think he's simply a fan of ours. Roger!
What is it? Want an autograph, kiddo? Let's hurry, we have stuff do, the two of us.
: Ehi, B-astard! You can't treat your admirers like this! Have you learned nothing from Daddy's tracks?! Roger!

I love them and all but goddamnit translating their dialogue is a gigantic pain in the ass

: What?! D-Do you really not know who we are?!
: See, A? I told you we shouldn't have wasted time with this guy. We are the du-
: Shut your trap, B! I'm the one who does introductions.
A for authority...
B for boldness...
: A & B, from Team Dimension, with elegance!! Roger!!

Please pretend those three phrases rhyme, I took a solid 20 minutes trying to make it rhyme like the original but I had to give up under linguistic barriers. Official translation will prolly put me to shame but whatever, I tried my best.

: What's happening here? There's a party and I haven't been invited?

Please just let me fight or put me out of my misery:crying:

: I am Claudio, Campus Arepoli's Gym Leader.
This building is an holy site before being a library.
You took advantage of our patience and our campus for too long... And I can't tolerate that!
Evaporate, now!

This guy has 2 wingmen that add nothing to the conversation aside from licking his boots, just like jocks in the movies. No, I will not translate their irrelevant phrases.

: And you, Haircut, are you involved in this stuff too? I haven't seen you around the campus before... Eh, it doesn't matter.
Who're you supposed to be, clowns? If you won't live in the easy way, you'll do it in the hard one!

I'll spare you the rest of the banter, just know that we team up with him to take down A & B. Let's thrash them!

Now, I know what you're thinking. This is a joke, right? Well, yes, except for one little detail.

This is a forced loss. They take no damage from attacks and OHKO everything with Knock Off. That damage there was made by Boomer's Aftermath. Now, of all the fucking battles later on that were WAY more fitting for a forced loss that you didn't actually make me fight, WHY THE FUCK IS THIS JOKE OF A BATTLE AGAINST TWO COMIC RELIEF CHARACTERS A FORCED LOSS. YOU EVEN GIVE THEM SOME MONEY. It makes sense from a plot-centered point of view, but gameplay wise it's just utterly ridicolous.
The Daft Punk are ready to finish us off, since, as the two wingmen say, Claudio's second Pokémon is so powerful it world destroy the library (which I can assure you, is true), when the place starts shaking...

"A red light envelopes Nick"

: "The day when the plate will be removed, a messiah, alongside their holy Pokémon, will wake their Red Energy, becoming a bulwark of hope" Could it...?
I thought nothing of it was true and yet... That means...!
Ehi, Haircut! Look inside your bag! Something is shining a bright red light!

"Nick's Potara Strange earring gathers Red Energy from the Terresrial Plate"
"The energy generated the Terrestrial Ring.

Well, seems like we're Jesus now. Claudio tells us to give it to AAAAAAAAAA...

Which transforms them into their Terrestrial Form! In this form, their stat spread becomes 86/105/55/90/44/76 and their ability becomes Guts. This form is the best "middle" starter form by an absolute landslide and contributes immensely to Trishout being the best starter in the game. We have to lead them to fight Dumb and Dumber again, so we do. Claudio says something about this being the Terrestrial Evolution the legends speak of, and the battle begins again.

And ends like, two seconds later. GG guys, nice shit.

The bots begin to crash just like the grunts when they lose a battle, so they fuck off. If you look closely, you can see the plate has lost all color. If you're like me, you're still laughing at the banter and/or mad at the stupid forced loss and didn't notice until I/Claudio pointed it out.
He invites me to the gym and leaves, finally leaving us alone with our thoughts and wtfs.

And with that, I'm done for tonight. I planned to go up to the gym fight, but the fact that it's actually kinda difficult and the fact that I spent an absurd amount of time trying to translate properly, made me stop here. After passing today's exam I still have 2 to prepare, so updates will be shorter for a bit more. Hope you enjoyed, see you tomorrow!

Last edited:

ZHODY

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
-...Blingrimm is utterly terrifying
-oof, rip to the Yemin encounter
-...I also hate Koinkoin
-OMG, that pi(n)kachu, awww
- OK, but those guys were kinda cool, despite the dumb forced wipe.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Beyblade @ the game:

Having an Escape Rope NPC is smart. Newer Pokemon games have put healing NPCs in caves (well, newer Pokemon games that actually have caves), so I wouldn't be surprised to see this idea used in official titles. :)

Aw, the fact that the kidnappers are actual kids is a cute twist! :3 and hikiloo is cute too oh my goodness

Trainer class peeping tom is incredibly funny. They're not even mandatory, you have to talk to them to fight them. Fantastic.
👁 👄 👁
🚶‍♂️
😔
I bet their dialogue is also funny! Obviously, these wouldn't appear in official titles, but I think having fun with trainer classes is a way to inject both humor and worldbuilding.

...Oh wait, I think that's an Apricorn. Oops. :x

Huh. I wonder why it's being said that it's impossible to friends with X Pokemon. I bet it has something to do with Team Dimension.

These designs look familiar.... 🤔

: What?! D-Do you really not know who we are?!
D'aw, I'm sorry for comparing you to X/Y's terrible post-game..! i am weak for the pixelated expressions

This building is an holy site before being a library.
Wait, what? That means that the college was in the wrong first, right?

What are the other middle evolutions like, if I might ask? :0

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Ngl I like the forced loss being against these dweebs than like, an actual threat. Being overwhelmed by the Dimension Dorks and turning it around with your Power Jewelry is more fun than if it was just an Anime Moment™ versus the big bad.

That starter form is pretty dope.

That Pikachu form is pretty cute. I'm curious how that whole scene plays out as F!Protag

GL with your next couple exams!

Nickytung

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
@ZHODY Yeah A & B are legit fantastic characters, I like them a lot.
@Bowser's Family Vacation The explanation for their behaviour will come, dw. As for the college, it was probably an attempt to make it a museum, that failed miserably because law enforcement and surveillance don't exist in Pokémon. Other middle starters look like this:

They're all pretty cool.
@0 Anonymous Female protagonist dialogue is the same but with the sound type Pikachu X:

This boi. I am not sure tho, cause I only played as M!Protag before. I know they have sightly different teams too.

Defeating the doofuses unlocks the Day Care. Normally it would be useless to me in a nuzlocke but...

To thank us for saving the campus, the old lady gives us an egg!

And we welcome our new member of the team AND Claudio check! Since Sylveon has been delayed until after gym 3, I will box him until then. I was considering Espeon for the next gym, but I should be fine.

All the way south of the campus, there's a merchant with very cheap Lum Berries, so i buy 50.

LLLLL keeps being bad. Thankfully by the next gym leader she'll be evolved.

: Hey, Nick!

: Thankfully you're still on campus!
I heard your Pokèmon evolved! Me and Pikachu wanted to congratulate you!
Let me guess... You were going to challenge the Gym, right? My sixth sense never lies!

Was it your sixth sense or the fact that you ambushed me right in front of the gym? Even I find your flirting attempts awkward and I know nothing about it.

: So, what do you say to a preparatory battle with me?

To be honest I completely forgot you were here but ok.

: Let's see if you have the makings to worry the Gym Leader! Come on!

And here we have our first rival battle! Her battle theme is cute and all, but the battle itself is disappointing.

She leads Shawkbird, Sparkowl's evolution, who mantains her typing and gets a 67/73/51/56/54/68 stat spread, which is not too bad. She keeps her preevo's abilities and can't exactly hurt Soxrex in any way but paralyzing him.

Her signature Pokémon is her Pikachu X, the Fairy kind. She has a 35/50/50/55/40/90 stat spread and Keen Eye as ability. Also she's unable to evolve into Raichu. So yeah, she's very cute but battle is not for her.

And that's it. Rival battles in this game are a joke through and through so don't expect this as a one-off.
We gain an achievement for this fight. It's called "Love at first sight". So all the doubts you could have about her role in the plot are gone now.
She gives us a Max Revive more money and says she'll be there to support us for the Gym Battle. That's good, I guess.

This lady right here trades a Chigami for an Hikiloo.

This paper bab has a 40/37/35/27/40/65 stat spread with Rough Skin as ability and Tough Claws as HA. This trad is very unconvenient in a nuzlocke, since Chigami is very weak and evolves late af, you get a free Fairy type in Sylveon and Hikiloo can evolve immediately after you catch it with gen 8 move relearner too. The evolution is Fairy/Steel and has good stats, but it's not worth it as a trade. You can find it later in the grass tho.

The gym is the university building itself, with all the doors closed except one. To unlock them you have to beat the trainers and get the keys from them, so we ready our Murderer.

The first key is inside a locker. Yes I legitimately expected some Nerd trainer class to be stuck in a locker to challenge us but I got disappointed.

We beat up the science teacher and Murderer learns Ice Fang, as if her moveset wasn't good enough already.

We beat the cheerleaders and the maths professor. One of the cheers sent out a mon named Masgot.

Masgot is a particular Pokèmon, with Intimidate as its ability and 17 (!) different forms, one for every mask, that represents a type that goes along with Bug. This particular form is Bug/Fighting. As interesting as it sounds, Masgot is absolutely awful in battle, with a statline of 50 across the board in all stats which are incredibly shitty for a single stage evolution. At least it's 1% in all the areas you can find it without it being a static, so I won't get one as an encounter, right? RIGHT?

Murderer stomps an old man in the basement and we make our way to the backyard, where the battle arena is.

One of Claudio's wingmen sends out Punchbug. Now, this mon is bad. Her statline is not too bad, 60/73/85/38/64/15, and Swarm/Battle Armor/Sheer Force(HA) are decent abilities but Bug/Fighting is a godawful typing for a mon that slow. With her evolution, tho, things change, as her new pros far outweight her cons. But that's a tale for another time. We wallop him and proceed.

The second sends out Punchpug's preevolution, who, with a 4/46/28/21/31/21 stat spread, follows the first form bug trend of being absolutely shit. Except this one doesn't evolve early at all, having his evol level at 18. Again, there is a reason why but we will see it when we come across his final evolution.

While grinding for Claudio, we get to se LLLLL in her final form, Kungfur. Is she good now? Hahaha no. 75/93/70/55/64/63 is an awful stat spread for a final evolution. Even if you factor her new HA, Pure Power, she still stays a slow and frail mon, which can't exactly do much. She does get High Jump Kick as a relearner move but it's too risky to use without a Wide Lens imo.
Another thing I do is teaching AAAAAAAAAA Jetstrike, which is Sound type Quick Attack, very good for their 105 attack stat, as well teaching Toxic Spikes to Beyblade, which will probably come in handy later on. Now we're ready.

: I knew you would have come...
You proved your worth against those fops and I am interested in testing myself against you.
I, Claudio, Gym Leader of Campus Ariepoli, officially challenge you to a battle!
Let all the power you got from the Terrestrial Plate loose! GO-GO GRANBULLS!

Claudio leads with a Passimian with the unfortunate characteristic, while it doesn't have any move that would hit Ghost types, it gets Scrappy instead of Receiver, making it way more threatening with Rock Smash/Quick Attack/Power Up Punch. I led Murderer because I completely forgot about it. That just deleted all my plans for a deathless gym. FuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK

We have to dodge a crit and proc the Sitrus, since he went for Quick Attack t1 therefore doing damage in both the Phantom Force turns. Then it gets ended by Aqua Jet.
For Hawlucha, we switch into Soxrex, hoping for a Static proc.

It doesn't happen once in 4 turns, but Soxrex's bulk and Sitrus berry manages to outlast him, even with the potion. He has Power Up Punch in his moveset but, for some reason, he never used it once, even using Wing Attack once. I suspect there are some problems with this game's AI but I won't complain now lol

Now, onto the main event. I am absolutely fucked. Remember when Claudio's lackeys said his last Pokémon would destroy the library? They weren't joking. This boi is pure Fighting with a 55/130/60/5/30/130 stat spread. And Bulk Up. And Power Up Punch. And Smack Down. And Iron Fist. At Gym 2. Without me having anything that can withstand one hit due to Murderer actually being damaged by Passimian. Am I fucked? Yes.

This is a miracle. This nothing short of a miracle. Murderer survived a Smack Down on the switch in bc fsr it didn't use Power Up Punch. Cursed Body activated. Now he can't hit me anymore.

When he freed himself from it, he was in range for an Aqua Jet kill. This was glorious. I thought I'd have to sacrifice half my team or more to win this bullshit battle but I got through DEATHLESS. THIS WAS AMAZING.

We receive the Competition Badge, as well as the TM for Power Up Punch and we leave to recover from this emotional rollercoaster.

: Nick, wait!

Or not, I guess.

: You already know Aster, right?
You know, he and my father developed a vehicle specifically for Pokémon Trainers.
It's the Pokéboard, a sort of floating skateboard that runs at impressive speeds!
Today my father sent me a new model from Sagittopoli, but I want you to have it.
Take it as thanks for saving the campus!

WHEEEEEEEE

And this, kids, is why you don't attempt to HC nuzlocke a game without having it beaten multiple times before. I legit don't know how I forgot about a crucial detail like that. Also, I want to clarify that a wipe doesn't mean the run ends. If that happens, I will just nuzlocke back to that point and only give small summaries & team. I say that now because before this battle I never actually considered outright wiping in this game. I guess I was overconfident and this battle was a wake up call.

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
I think this is the first time I've ever seen Cursed Body do anything useful ever. Amazing that I looked at Sharpedo and was like "kinda cool early on but absolutely shit ability, shame it isn't something useful" and got absolutely proven wrong here lmao

Sylveon'll be a huge gain, I have to say it's interesting that they put Eevee right before that boss too. Not sure if the stones are available yet but I imagine that Espeon will get a LOT of usage for other nuzlockes of this.

For a shitmon Kungfur is way better than what I expected, ngl. Sure it's ass but at the same time it's not terrible, if that makes sense.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Ooh, I think Shyleon is my favorite. The plague mask..! I prefer the pink Pikachu X. because pink because i am basic

Rival battles in this game are a joke through and through so don't expect this as a one-off.
But- *sees that the others are putting Fs in the chat comments*

Ooh, a paper Pokemon?

Kartana has a friend! ^^

Masgot is my friend, though. Too cute! Reminds me of the fanart of basic forms of Pokemon dressing up as their evolved forms.

Yeah, like that! In the way that it's Pokemon dressing up as other Pokemon, not in any other, more meaningful way. XD

At least it's 1% in all the areas you can find it without it being a static, so I won't get one as an encounter, right? RIGHT?
These are my famous last words!

Now, onto the main event. I am absolutely fucked. Remember when Claudio's lackeys said his last Pokémon would destroy the library? They weren't joking. This boi is pure Fighting with a 55/130/60/5/30/130 stat spread. And Bulk Up. And Power Up Punch. And Smack Down. And Iron Fist. At Gym 2. Without me having anything that can withstand one hit due to Murderer actually being damaged by Passimian. Am I fucked? Yes.
Pyukumuku @ you:

in an alternate timeline

That is a super cute gym badge for a school-themed gym. :)

Alternatively...

Nickytung

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
@0 Anonymous Eh I mean, without Pure Power is still absolute trash. And yeah, I 100% should have used Espeon there, I just completely forgot about Scrappy and almost wiped. That Cursed Body was absolute clutch.
@Bowser's Family Vacation ikr? Shyleon's design is fantastic. A pity it got absolutely shafted in battle viability... Masgot is a very good cosplayer, it even changes type! Not a battler tho poor bug.

: Tsk! Not bad at all.
That rookie managed to awaken that Terrestrial Energy and whoop those two idiots.
Two birds with one stone. Uh uh!
Soon enough, that power will be in my hands!

Hello totally not suspicious person! Nothing screams good guy more than cockily judging the protagonist while... standing on an arched roof? How do you even do that without falling and breaking your neck? Anyway, keep this edgy twink in the back of your mind, we'll see more of him later.

Here we are, Route 5 time! First thing I do is pray RNGesus for a decent encounter.

And we net ourselves a Speed Boost Yanma! Not bad at all.

Honestly not too bummed out about it, -speed is ok with SB and, while they're trash in everything else, the sp.atk ivs are very good.

These guys are just as punchable as in real life.
In the middle of the route we meet Aster, who drags us to a glitchy tree.

: Can you feel how heavy the air is here? This tree is imbued with Xenoverse energy.
It's very likely that here, a long time ago, a interdimensional rift opened and then closed.
It's thanks to those cracks if X species managed to escape from the Xenoverse!
As fascinating as it may be, this phenomenon is a danger to planet's balance...
The region is already chock-full of them, but if they started spreading elsewhere, we'd be in serious trouble!
Stay alert, Nick. Take more Xeno Balls as a precaution.

Random lore dump + free shit is always welcome to me! This areas can also contain random Xenolite spawning around, as well as Enigma Berries. Oh and obviously a low percentage of obtaining an X species mon. This particular area has a 1% chance to get a Spiritomb X. However, the rest of the encounters are not so good, except Drowzee, so I decided to get an encounter in the route proper, where the Punchbug line is around 40%. I still didn't get it but I'm satisfied enough.

To keep up with the op TMs trend we get Energy Ball right after gym 2. We also get Aerial Ace but that one is ok for this point.

I want that Mimikyu outfit 🥺

We get to Borgo Gemini, a mostly irrelevant village, except for one thing.

FISHING MINI GAME!! You simply have to avoid rocks and seaweed and catch the fish OR you could avoid the fish as well and get the treasure at the bottom of the sea. This will both net me encounters and be my source of money grinding for the rest of the game. To get the Special Fishing Rod you must get the treasure at the bottom once, otherwise you can only use it here.

After getting some money, we use the Rod to get our obligatory Karp.

Who, despite my usual luck with -attack Karps, turns out to be quite good. I won't use it unless I have no water left, since using Gyarados every run has gotten quite monotonous.

: You're the brat that beat the snot out of those two posers, A & B, aren't you?
It's not like it's any of your business, but I'm Trey and this is Sabolt.

Oh so you're also tsundere? Great...

: I saw you fight on campus, you know? That mysterious power you exhaled is really fascinating...
I'm here to test it out with a battle! En garde!

Despite being overleveled, this Electric/Dark Pokémon with Download isn't a big threat to my team, due to it being a base state mon with 45/70/50/40/70/45 stat spread.

So, with a bit of AI pivot from Soxrex, LLLLL takes it town with Force Palm. The only reason my dumb ass didn't lead with her is because I forgot the battle existed. Again. Yes rival battles are this forgettable in this game.

We reach Bosco Stellafilante and... it's hailing. Inside a forest. Yes, there's a reason for this. We once again repel through the area. I believe you know what that entails by now.

You can only walk through this swamp for a limited amount of time before it poisons all your Pokémon. Fortunately it's easy to avoid it. You hear that Shin Megami Tensei? IT'S EASY TO AVOID.

A Porygon Center and a lot of snow. Time to level up a fair bit and to lead our best fire type.

"Ru... Run...."

Uh oh

And here's our third X boss battle: Galvantula X! Bug/Ice with a 70/74/50/100/50/128 stat spread and Compoundeyes/Shield Dust. Unfortunately for her, she's completely non threathening to me in battle. Fortunately for me, she's very threathening to others in battle if I manage to catch her. Her HA is Refrigerate but it's completely pointless since she learn like 2 normal type moves and they're both physical.

Well, that was completely underwhelming. I really hope she's Compoundeyes cause Frost Breath/Blizzard really wreck asses.

The forest unfreezes and the 3 people trapped on the trees by Mama thank us for saving them. Our rewards are an Hail TM and a Leppa Berry.

Unfreezing the forest also unlocks the way to Route 6! Time to get another Pokémon.

And, once again, we get a mon right after it's useful. At least she pairs well with something I'll find very soon.

This right here, is the Acrobatics TM. Before the third gym. Yes, the TM distribution is fucked up.

Before we get to town, let me introduce you to the Hipster trainer class. They will use exclusively gen 1 Pokémon and bitch about how everything was better back then. I hate them all.

And here we are, to the medieval Kingdom of Virgopoli. Their knights have bright pink armors and I love it.

Before stopping for the night, I'm gonna get a Pokémon in this dude's farm.

E!Meowth. Eh, it's not good but I'll take it.

We got Compoundeyes and that's good but why do both my fastest mons have to have a -speed nature...

Ew, -attack and Big Pecks... I doubt you'll see the world outside of the box girl sorry.

You're mediocre through and through and Wonder Skin doesn't help but you're holding an Amulet Coin so you're a very good kitty and I'll pet you and I'll give you nuggets.

And I leave you with a picture of Virgopoli's Pokécenter, which keeps the medieval style of the town. See you next time!

ZHODY

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
omg, icy galvantula is adorbss

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF meh

Nickytung

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
@ZHODY Ikr! She's a cutie! I love the Joltiks as well!
@Time Master Eon It really is, it's a big clash with the rest of the game's mood.

Casually strolling around town nets you a Stone Edge TM just before the third gym. I'm starting to think they put those in literally random places.

This dude teaches Fairy Pledge to trainers that have the Sugar Badge. He's our cupon to get Sylveon later on.

The gym is a whole ass castle, owned by none other than the princess Mimosa herself, who's also, according to the common folk, a spoiled brat. Why do I already see myself locked in a dungeon?
The challenge is made of three trials. First one we have to face is the Trial of the Fire. We accept the conditions and head in.

: Welcome. I'll proceed to explain you the Trial of Fire's regulations. In th-

Dear god dude your face is ominous. Are you sure you're not a Sherlock Holmes butler?

: Armando!! Where are the sweets I requested?!
: Um, you already ate them all, princess.
: But I want more!! Smeargle, more eclairs!

ugh

: The rules of the Trail of Fire requires the Badge's contender to fight the beast.
1) The beast can't be captured.
2) You can't run from the beast.
End of the rules. Release the beast.

Where is the fire? This is misleading advertising smh. This is a Sheer Force Druddigon 5 levels over the party. Yes it would hurt like hell if it didn't have the dumbass wild Pokémon AI that cripples it to death.

Not that hard, just had to dodge one crit to get through deathless. We get a Golden Cup for our efforts. Unfortunately, it's a key item so we can't sell it.
We heal and then come back for the Trial of the Water.

Which is nothing but a fishing minigame in which you have to recover the treasure from the bottom. Nothing we haven't done before.

The treasure we recover is a Golden Spoon. We can't sell this either... Yes I'm aware I'm full of money and I can technically farm it to infinity but I'm greedy ok? :crying:

The Trial of the Grass is a plain old labyrinth, with trainers stationed at every dead end. Taking the north exit at the first junction and then the right one at the second gets you out without having to face additional trainers that may make you overlevel.

Before the princess, I have to face this Shelly de Killer cosplayer.

This lad is the princess' signature Pokémon, as well as one of my favourite designs of the game. Just look at this good boy!
The kid is a Fairy type Gym Leader, so we lead AAAAAAAAAA, who takes 0.25 damage from fairy moves.

: So you passed all the trials... Don't think you can beat me, the princess!
However, before we start, give me the Golden Cup and Spoon...
Yum, I can finally eat my great ice cream!

Wtf kid that spoon has just been at the bottom of the lake

: Yummy!! With a stomach full of sweets you fight better, you know?
My cute and sweet Pokémon will give you a big sugar rush!
Prepare yourself to lose against Mimosa, the princess of the Kingdom of Virgopoli!

Mood. She leads with Mimikyu, who has toxic, so she could cripple AAAAAAAAAA with Toxic, but it doesn't matter for the long run, since they're mainly here for her.

She spams Shadow Sneak instead, so we spam Jet Strike and outlast her.

This Slurpuff is the main threat of her team, so I switch into Beyblade, who also resists Fairy x4 and... that's the damage she took from a crit Dazzling Gleam. Way more than I hoped, tbh.

That crit meant I had to dodge a second one to get through, but I managed to do it and kill the fat dessert.

Her last mon and also her signature, is Smeargle X. Pure Fairy with 55/20/35/20/45/75 stat spread and Sweet Veil as his ability, he's orrendous to say the least. Even with Eviolite.

Murderer makes quick work of him and we obtain the Sugar Badge, as well as the Dazzling Gleam TM. Again, a bit too early in my opinion. And yes, strangely she doesn't cry or throw us in a dungeon. She accepts the defeat gracefully and gives us the badge immediately! Didn't expect that? Neither did I.

With that out of the way, we finally get our Sylveon by teaching Eevee Fairy Pledge. He will replace LLLLL on the team.

We continue on our journey to Gravity Path, which nets us a Pepequeno! This lil babies are Grass/Fire with 40/50/44/60/47 as stats and Flame Body as ability. Unfortunately, they're only good when they have their HA; Drought, but I love her anyway.

The first trainer we come across sends out Hystearic, a little root with a 30/32/42/58/58/20 stat spread and a Grass/Sound typing. Also a new ability called Synthesizer, which is Sound type Water Absorb. This mon is very interesting both in design and, when it evolves, viability. You also may have seen its design around the web, passed off for a Beta Celebi design. That was a lie AND a blatant theft, which WEEDle called out on their twitter but no one cared because no one gives a shit about italians i guess.
I also didn't completely forget to screenshot it like a dweeb no sir

We reach the Gravity Tunnel, singlehandedly the most annoying cave in the game, excluding Victory Road which is not completely a cave. It has a lot of dead ends and HM blockades. Still no Flash so it's very tame confronted to mainline stuff like Rock Tunnel or the Whirl Islands.

Our encounter here is Excalibould, a Rock/Fairy with 50/50/82/36/70/38 stats and Rock Head/Sturdy/Justified(HA) as abilities. This rocc gives me a chance to introduce another nice QOL change. It can only evolve by level up while holding a King's Rock. Which unfortunately can only be obtained by farming it off other Excalibould (30%). The convenient change is that held items are dropped even if you faint the wild Pokémon, without any need to use Thief. We have Mama with Compoundeyes if the need arose, so we're set on it.

By going north, we reach a junction with a Porygon Center and a dude that sells all the weather rocks for a nonexistent price. To the right is the exit, to the leftt is where we actually want to go.

After going down the ladder, we get double teamed by Dimension dweebs, but our dashing knight in a pink armor comes to the rescue! Ignore the fact that we would have been fine anyway and the fact that she was quite literally stalking us and you get a fine romance scene!

Pwned. We now have Alice as a doubles partner for the rest of cave. She heals our Pokémon and all so I forgive her for stalking us.

This is the final double battle of the cave. However, I won't fight it yet cause I want your input on the choice. Which of those 2 fossils do you think I should choose?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)