• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Galar Written Log Teen Commentary A Wonderful Phone - A Sword Wonderlocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
i'm doing a wonderlocke and using autocorrect to name everyone because i'm weird

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
CHEWABLE… WOOLWORTH… props to the autocorrect for almost making a real name there!!! Good for it!!

Haha yeahhh the level curve between gyms 2 and 3 in swsh is ROUGH. Hopefully you won’t need Yammer for him anyways!

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
BRO that is SAVAGE!! What is this grunt's family drama??
Marnie’s family drama, maybe? 👀👀👀
guys i just sent tom cruise a rock what do i do
pray you don’t get a lawsuit
Hell yeah, Yammer! Gay rights!
Happy pride month to Yammer and Yammer only 😤
uWEpLjQ.jpg
I’d just like to take a moment to appreciate this screenshot. Yammer really is one of the most dogs I’ve ever seen.

OP
Spacey

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
That... is quite the unfortunate nickname. Don't worry; I would never chew this little guy.

I think the implication is that he's referring to Marnie's big brother Piers. Which is savage.
Lol the poor li'l turtle!! And for real, I HOPE it isn't about Piers, that's so savage if it is oh my god
CHEWABLE… WOOLWORTH… props to the autocorrect for almost making a real name there!!! Good for it!!

Haha yeahhh the level curve between gyms 2 and 3 in swsh is ROUGH. Hopefully you won’t need Yammer for him anyways!
It's so difficult to stay under the level limit when everyone's a traded mon LOL I'm not even grinding!!!
Marnie’s family drama, maybe? 👀👀👀

pray you don’t get a lawsuit

Happy pride month to Yammer and Yammer only 😤

I’d just like to take a moment to appreciate this screenshot. Yammer really is one of the most dogs I’ve ever seen.
Yammer really is the most dog i love her

jDd9Z85.jpg

Mornin’, Marnie!! Let’s kick ass!

Hop’s waiting outside the gym cause apparently he woke up earlier than me and got to battle Kabu first!

AvXScO0.jpg

Uh-oh. I think I know what Kabu’s gonna do in his battle against me now.

LtlCZpm.jpg

It is time! I remember that I have to catch Pokemon here and that’s all I remember.

i4GT5iN.jpg

Ahhhhhhh. I see. The trainers are here to FUCK WITH ME.

I actually like how the different trainers do different tactics to get in my way, even if it is anxiety-inducing. Vulpix wasn’t really a problem - Rolycoly didn’t really do anything super-effective - but then the next trainer against Sizzlipede started ATTACKING LAURA’S. And the third battle against Litwick had the trainer tell their Pokemon to BITE it!! Anxiety, I tell you.

The Pokemon were pretty stubborn, too - I had to actually use Great Balls lol.

ZxNWgFq.jpg

I did it!!! All the gym trainers gather around to compliment me. That’s cute! I guess it’s their way of apologizing for having to be annoying jerks.

Anyways! Time to face off against Kabu!

ioHGia0.jpg
1MvU3VN.jpg

The silent acknowledgement kills me lmao

IPFJJKw.jpg

Okay, show me what you got!! I’m starting with Laura’s because she doesn’t resist fire and her strongest water-type attack is still Water Gun. Squirrel’s gonna take on the ace.

iS3ikBz.jpg

Fuuuuck there it is.

r8ZDCmo.jpg

Two can play at that game!!!!

AnxKLZA.jpg
HoXVHgP.jpg

I ain’t playing around with turn-1 burns!! And lucky me, it’s a free turn cause Ninetales takes the confusion damage!

L4sOh7F.jpg

Oh FUCK OFF

ngyfqvK.jpg
nUn78e4.jpg
hOQDRnF.jpg
7IcOZPR.jpg

Thrilling gym battle gameplay right here.

Do9Psfo.jpg

W H Y

nUn78e4.jpg
rXkZuM4.jpg

Okay, I decide to skip the burn heal this turn and there goes Ninetales!

Even with the burn, I decide Laura’s is still the best bet against the second Pokemon. She doesn’t resist, but her tankiness will come in handy, I think. I really want to conserve Squirrel’s HP for the ace.

wPq1HaM.jpg

Uuuugh. Good thing Laura’s is a special attacker.

I decided the first thing I’m gonna do is heal her burn again and scout out Arcanine’s moveset. It uses Flame Wheel. Okay, that’s only a little scary. It doesn’t do a LOT of damage but it’s enough so I give Laura’s a Moo-Moo Milk. Arcanine uses that free turn to use Flame Wheel, aaand…

Q3WPLok.jpg
xGVbQBJ.jpg

Motherfucker.

That’s a 10% chance. :facepalm:

Welp, guess we’re gonna be here for a while. It’s a lot of screenshots so here’s the rundown:

Flame Wheel. Water Gun. Heal. Flame Wheel. Water Gun. Heal. Flame Wheel. Water Gun.

emmheWm.jpg

Finally. I didn’t make any rules related to heals but boy did that feel kinda scummy, lol. Fuck burn!!

Jeez, there’s still the ace. At least Squirrel knows a water-type move that’s better than base 40.

j7aNpbS.jpg
oa154pB.jpg

Alright! Time for the real spectacle!

7n8injT.jpg
1MX1JGN.jpg
rZQ5GSG.jpg
h5ChuJd.jpg

Centiscorch is faster than Squirrel and gets that special G-Max Centiferno attack in, which traps Squirrel in a fire spin. Squirrel snaps back with Max Geyser which is actually really really useful because it makes it start raining.

eecnL3r.jpg
BpFTmvT.jpg

Squirrel takes fire spin damage and Centiscorch switches to Max Flutterby. That sure makes my heart flutter cause it drops Squirrel’s HP a LOT more than I thought it would AND lowers my special attack.

Gg7NHpY.jpg

Also wow I never actually was able to catch the cool-ass crystal butterfly at the beginning of Max Flutterby haha

B73PIG9.jpg
hyRXJZU.jpg

Aahahaha that is so cool. Honestly the fun of this screenshot challenge is pressing the button a lot and hoping I get cool shots.

rXT2qqT.jpg

Fortunately, the special attack drop didn’t matter and Squirrel still knocked it out!

mJ1Dm04.jpg

eyyyyyyy

cpFjnXH.jpg

Jeez, Kabu! Get off the ground lmao

JkbYeT3.jpg

Oh shit, okay! Good job, Mewtwo! Love it when a Pokemon on the bench is so inspired by a battle that it evolves.

df8evbo-dad61475-b042-41f2-90a6-2740f605c63a.png

bCwUvcH.jpg

Gym badge 3 acquired!! Things are finally gonna slow down a bit.

I walk out and Hop’s waiting for me! That’s sweet. I guess the third badge is a bit of a big deal with the way this league works. The Motostoke circle is complete! He’s so happy for me that I won! I collect my TM (which is Will-O-Wisp… grrr) and am ready to go!

ZEXfv5b.jpg

Alright! My level cap jumped up to level 36 just now so the next episode is gonna be quite the montage.

Hop and I literally start running to the Wild Area (because we are adorable children) but are stopped by the gym leaders we beat!

O9eJGKa.jpg

The third badge IS a big deal! Apparently the stats show that the first actual hurdle is Kabu because a significant number of trainers drop out. Can’t blame ‘em, really. Burn’s a bitch.

WIoAd3U.jpg

I did not record the chant.

Off we gooo!!

vD9apo8.jpg

This game can be so cute lol

1FZL8xg.jpg

That is a lie and we both know it.

Oh great. Here comes Bede, here to talk shit!

loAvcb7.jpg
y8RXVTH.jpg

He’s just so confident about this, lmao. Like what proof do you have? You have a single type. Get better defenses against dark and bugs, bitch.

3xin2eU.jpg
nBTfcLB.jpg

BROOOO. Them’s FIGHTING words!! They actually are, since Hop challenges him and they move off-screen to battle.

(Also, big words comin' from the kid who mentions his chairman endorsement every two seconds.)

My response to all of this is to just…

rmwU5mo.jpg

… walk in the other direction LMAOOO. I am a HORRIBLE friend.

I’ll see you in Hammerlocke, Hop!!

004.png

Charming
Level 28
Ability:
Solar Power
Item:
Charcoal
Moves:
Dragon Breath
Fire Fang
Belly Drum
Ancient Power​
131.png

Laura's
Level 28
Ability:
Shell Armor
Item:
None
Moves:
Ice Shard
Water Gun
Freeze-Dry
Confuse Ray​
007.png

Squirrel
Level 29
Ability:
Torrent
Item:
Expert Belt
Moves:
Rapid Spin
Bite
Water Pulse
Rain Dance​
052-g.png

Mewtwo
Level 28
Ability:
Battle Armor
Item:
Silk Scarf
Moves:
Payback
Pay Day
Iron Head
Swagger​
133.png

Even
Level 28
Ability:
Synchronize
Item:
None
Moves:
Swift
Quick Attack
Psybeam
Tail Whip​
470.png

Leaven
Level 28
Ability:
Leaf Guard
Item:
None
Moves:
Razor Leaf
Quick Attack
Leech Seed
Tail Whip​
004.png

Roll
Level 23
Ability:
Steadfast
Item:
None
Moves:
Quick Attack
Rock Smash
Work Up
Metal Claw​
004.png

Yammer
Level 28
Ability:
Strong Jaw
Item:
Magnet
Moves:
Spark
Tackle
Nuzzle
Bite​

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.

TheTRUEgge

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Go Mewtwo, way to get PUMPED UP by a good fight!!! I like to believe that she saw a bunch of fire moves, which she is very weak to, and tried to evolve to overcome that weakness. it didn’t WORK, but she tried!!!!!!!

Poor Laura’s :( Kabu is relentless with his burns, I’m glad she’s tanky enough to make it through!!

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Love it when a Pokemon on the bench is so inspired by a battle that it evolves.
A hallmark of SWSH, truly
He’s just so confident about this, lmao. Like what proof do you have? You have a single type. Get better defenses against dark and bugs, bitch.
Wdym? Psychic types are invincible and also flawless. Ignore the fact that you’ve already beaten him twice

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
hi I found this just now

Uh… I’ve… seen harder-to-tell differences.
*glances at Torchic*

also I like the way you put the pokemon's nature and characteristic into how you draw them. (yammer's boltund drawing is great)

OP
Spacey

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
Opal: I have some ideas as to how.
LOL right?? It was the perfect evolution!
Go Mewtwo, way to get PUMPED UP by a good fight!!! I like to believe that she saw a bunch of fire moves, which she is very weak to, and tried to evolve to overcome that weakness. it didn’t WORK, but she tried!!!!!!!

Poor Laura’s :( Kabu is relentless with his burns, I’m glad she’s tanky enough to make it through!!
LMAO she got there with the power of technology!!
A hallmark of SWSH, truly

Wdym? Psychic types are invincible and also flawless. Ignore the fact that you’ve already beaten him twice
lmao clearly his team is invincible. never lost a single battle. not a one
hi I found this just now

*glances at Torchic*

also I like the way you put the pokemon's nature and characteristic into how you draw them. (yammer's boltund drawing is great)
Ahaha thank you!! It's been fun to draw them for sure!!

So, uh, actually, before I start, I realized I forgot amongst the hubbub that I need to actually trade my first capture from the Motostoke Gym.

Which is another Vulpix, by the way.

pM5OoJi.jpg
vYuH1hs.jpg

Ooooh a Ralts!!! Psychic/Fairy is a fantastic type. I already have Even but if I ever desperately need a fairy type, it’s good to have.

q3eWCi0.jpg
UlRvRnl.jpg
v0cTq7V.jpg
tssLME7.jpg

df8uiru-52d483b3-d7ad-4003-be67-0dcd9f44b902.png

Now I can actually start my long trek through the wild area!! There are a TON of areas I can catch Pokemon in now so this is gonna be Trading Montage: Part 2!

l8dJIP8.jpg
WFU23p1.jpg

Yeah I have a feeling I’m gonna be here for a while.

2CsSdIb.jpg

Okay fine yes i am a literal child and laughed at this

gF8k98J.jpg

Oh boy. Not gonna lie, I LOVE Whimsicott HAHA and that fairy type is TEMPTING. But Leaven’s staying on my team!!

ejl85ue.jpg
4D9s3Km.jpg
K1tGFHl.jpg
ILxhPFh.jpg

df8uis1-34610238-6f74-435a-8a89-f20d2b98365e.png

I’m having a great time exploring and checking every single nook and cranny for items. Could I run straight through just catching the first Pokemon in each area? Yes. Will I? Absolutely not.

kbBpuer.jpg
qzobJaQ.jpg

rIJLeVZ.jpg

Oh hell yeah!!! See, all that walking paid off!!!

df8uis4-d5a14795-fcd1-4a7e-b9c8-b7f92f62eae4.png

bInmUm7.jpg
Gfm85wg.jpg

Lmao here we go

J0nGFp0.jpg

Huh! I mean. It sure is a bug! It also has 2 ticks on the dynamax level for some reason!

HifdzQD.jpg
1Fn4TOY.jpg
eezf4XV.jpg
lImViho.jpg

df8vmzx-cf8b0622-99bc-4496-ab48-1a1679c3ad6d.png

Yes. His name literally autocorrected to Caterpillar. I didn't even get any other options.

gXe2t1Z.jpg

The way I thought this was a whole-ass human being for a second.

wj3cDGz.jpg

Hey, that’s not fair :( I should be able to swim over there c’monnn

9Zw3jVx.jpg
8lw3y8P.jpg

As much as I would love an army of puppers, I must abide by my rules.

epfzhxA.jpg

A radiant puppy!!! Awww. He wasn’t originally mine though so I will pass him onto the next trainer who can actually send him into battle.

CbY53rM.jpg
dtXB6wz.jpg

Oh come on!!! My level limit jumped up to 36 but I guess this will still be happening a lot haha

After sending the Lanturn back out, I found a lady talking about how rich she is!! Then she’s like “Yo I have a ton of cash to burn, wanna battle?” So I say “hold on a second” so I can make sure the Pokemon holding an amulet coin is in the front of the party.

g00OGjf.jpg

Fuckin W

UsaCzxv.jpg

Okay we finally got a Pokemon!!

4wYNrrg.jpg
6SzUm0V.jpg
nc1JNLW.jpg
RaO1tnF.jpg

df8vn01-c70fc095-590b-43bf-afbb-067ebb5c2709.png

The name oh my god. I also like that it likes to run lmao. This guy has absolute goober energy.

XJHM8jR.jpg
B3FV8QX.jpg

Oh snap, another mark! I’m just gonna send it off, though. I’ve been catching a lot of Pokemon and I am tired lol

DEIOGnz.jpg
viILQkO.jpg

Aaaaand it’s a post-game catch. That’s fine, it’s not like I’d be realistically using a Ditto in a Nuzlocke anyway.

unP4IMn.jpg
kYHnEWv.jpg

More exploring and cursing at ponds I can’t swim in!

uTuhZI7.jpg

I seriously can’t get over how the dupes I get are like the same 4 Pokemon.

59UkrAr.jpg
98Oks3g.jpg

HE RETURNS……………… Okaaaay lemme go bike my way back over to the Giant’s Cap to catch another Pokemon…….

Mother FUCKER a Braviary just DOVE AT ME

9hQmiob.jpg
AYsXnhY.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

iPDORoq.jpg

BITCH I AM OUTTA HERE

h8miFwD.jpg
MnixmQJ.jpg

Oh snap! First try!! Also that gives me more coverage if I need it!

8A6rlAz.jpg
xGuyfqo.jpg
uJt3CKM.jpg
fUGsmgk.jpg

df8vn06-93b0a6b4-8391-40c1-ba04-232e9d9a27e9.png

I’ll be honest. The autocorrect was technically Stinky but that was boring so I chose Stubby which was the option next to it.

I caught a new Giant’s Cap Pokemon to replace the hacked mon and tried again!

qKWQVxX.jpg
pG8PZtI.jpg

Oh wow, a Lotad I can actually keep this time!! Ludicolo’s a bro but I already have way too much water and grass in my team.

nRYRdWY.jpg
ndyOQHc.jpg
3qAtDOj.jpg
R8jvG8e.jpg

df8vn0a-f2ec9aaa-8fd8-4266-8711-2de578d8c9a9.png

eNefZ3u.jpg

Soon, Eeveelution Island… soooon……

FRIaUoC.jpg
ntvenaP.jpg

Oh lmao speaking of Eevee… unfortunately this is dupes unless I get traded an evolution I don’t have already!

UyKfI1E.jpg

Ah, there we go! Aw, I never get Munna. What a cutie.

SJyMzNH.jpg
1pTRIQe.jpg
7ILJshy.jpg
rMZnuLD.jpg

df8vn0i-6997d8ae-7282-46f5-8794-8c92f13754fe.png

I just ran into Rich Lady Chloe again and got another 18,000 P. Thank you for single-handedly funding my clothing purchases.

AxXZSZA.jpg
V3eAZCF.jpg

Camping break!! I’m trying not to abuse it since I’m already struggling to stay anywhere close to the level limits but I figure I can do a single stop amongst all this.

HOLY SHIT I SEE THE ENTRANCE. Was that all the areas I can currently catch a Pokemon in?? Oh my god it is. I can't believe it. FINALLY.

2mvdMzH.jpg
EzoS2zt.jpg

Bro, do you literally not let people into this giant city unless they have 3 badges?? Why are you here???

Y1oLDFN.jpg
EsSdeoV.jpg

Dude. Wow. That’s… Wow. Like… it’s just… one battle…

tbX3XWh.jpg
E6Jrxtp.jpg

Eyyyy and here we are!! The next gym circle has begun!!

Y1j3fgC.jpg

Ah… I could use a break, though, and I have lots of money to burn at the moment…

✨TEAM RECAP✨
004.png

Charming
Level 32
Ability:
Solar Power
Item:
Charcoal
Moves:
Dragon Breath
Flamethrower
Belly Drum
Ancient Power​
131.png

Laura's
Level 30
Ability:
Shell Armor
Item:
Amulet Coin
Moves:
Ice Shard
Water Pulse
Freeze-Dry
Confuse Ray​
007.png

Squirrel
Level 31
Ability:
Torrent
Item:
Expert Belt
Moves:
Rapid Spin
Bite
Water Pulse
Aqua Tail​
052-g.png

Mewtwo
Level 31
Ability:
Battle Armor
Item:
Silk Scarf
Moves:
Payback
Pay Day
Iron Head
Swagger​
133.png

Even
Level 31
Ability:
Synchronize
Item:
None
Moves:
Swift
Quick Attack
Psybeam
Tail Whip​
470.png

Leaven
Level 31
Ability:
Leaf Guard
Item:
None
Moves:
Razor Leaf
Quick Attack
Leech Seed
Tail Whip​
004.png

Roll
Level 27
Ability:
Steadfast
Item:
None
Moves:
Quick Attack
Aura Sphere
Work Up
Metal Claw​
004.png

Yammer
Level 31
Ability:
Strong Jaw
Item:
Magnet
Moves:
Spark
Charm
Nuzzle
Bite​

TheTRUEgge

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
THAT DRAWING OF LOAD,,,,,,,,, it’s so good omg, I love it.

Go Roll!!!!!! Good now evolved pupper!!

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
Dude. Wow. That’s… Wow. Like… it’s just… one battle…
And yet, the next time you battle him, if you reject it (temporarily, may I add), he explicitly states he’s depressed.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Oooooo, I didn't connect that you can really just make a screenshot run with a switch, somehow. Like, non-modded. This is so cool. I really love cute naming themes like this, too. Leaving it up to chance is just a lot of fun!

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
2CsSdIb.jpg

Okay fine yes i am a literal child and laughed at this
cursed humor, but humor nonetheless. I also laughed
Yes. His name literally autocorrected to Caterpillar. I didn't even get any other options.
IMG_8212.jpg

Autocorrect: CATERPILLAR is CATERPILLAR!

The name oh my god. I also like that it likes to run lmao. This guy has absolute goober energy.
Running… palpitations… please keep that chunky tadpole close to a pokemon center at all times he might need it XD

I’ll be honest. The autocorrect was technically Stinky but that was boring so I chose Stubby which was the option next to it.
Hi I love Stubby he is my favorite new catch from this update. Stinky is also a top tier name but Stubby, combined with the drawing of him doing a stretch, captured my heart

Ah… I could use a break, though, and I have lots of money to burn at the moment…
clothes shopping time

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
AAAAAA I missed so much 😭
My jaw is on the floor-in a good way-with how lucky you got with Nessa counters 😲
Also both Roll and Chewable are absolutely hysterical names 😆
...NEVERMIND CATERPILLAR THE CATERPIE took me out :ROFL:
And Palpitations and Load are both adorable 🥺

OP
Spacey

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
THAT DRAWING OF LOAD,,,,,,,,, it’s so good omg, I love it.

Go Roll!!!!!! Good now evolved pupper!!
LMAOOO thank you!!! Absolute goob!
And yet, the next time you battle him, if you reject it (temporarily, may I add), he explicitly states he’s depressed.
AHAHA REALLY?? No wayyyy
Oooooo, I didn't connect that you can really just make a screenshot run with a switch, somehow. Like, non-modded. This is so cool. I really love cute naming themes like this, too. Leaving it up to chance is just a lot of fun!
Right??? A couple people suggested I do a screenshot run but I don't, er, play "on the computer" and they were like "you can play a Switch game and take screenshots!!" and I was like :o!!!
cursed humor, but humor nonetheless. I also laughed
IMG_8212.jpg

Autocorrect: CATERPILLAR is CATERPILLAR!

Running… palpitations… please keep that chunky tadpole close to a pokemon center at all times he might need it XD

Hi I love Stubby he is my favorite new catch from this update. Stinky is also a top tier name but Stubby, combined with the drawing of him doing a stretch, captured my heart

clothes shopping time
LOLLL thank you!! I keep falling in love with all these Pokemon when I already have a full team fml
AAAAAA I missed so much 😭
My jaw is on the floor-in a good way-with how lucky you got with Nessa counters 😲
Also both Roll and Chewable are absolutely hysterical names 😆
...NEVERMIND CATERPILLAR THE CATERPIE took me out :ROFL:
And Palpitations and Load are both adorable 🥺
sgsjgks thanks!! I was shocked too! VERY lucky!!

Sorry this took so long, folks! I had many other priorities - so many that I didn't even have the time or energy to draw the ONE ENCOUNTER I got!​

Unfortunately, the first people I see upon entering Hammerlocke are Bede, Rose and Oleana. My three favorite people. Bede’s just updating them on his wishing star collectathon.

EJiTmQK.jpg

Oh wow. Oleana what the fuck. Guess that explains a lot, huh?

Rose explains that the wishing stars are going to be used in some sort of… experiment? for the sake of Galar.

Z9rYIPi.jpg
DMWkfWa.jpg

Good thing we have one of those!

CO6wf7c.jpg
XeB5uw4.jpg

"With all due respect, sir, I defeated a totally different rookie trainer in a Pokemon battle a single time so that means I’m qualified to be as strong as the Champion for your weird science experiments."

eeqHOjy.jpg

Yeah, I guess I was, huh? I could’ve, like, walked up and said hi or something instead of just eavesdropping from a distance.

Rose tells me to follow him into the stadium so he can explain his science shit to me and I’m just like yeah okay cool I’ll meet you there then I walk in the opposite direction to explore the town first. He and his “every moment counts” attitude can sit down and wait for me to go clothes shopping.

b42VMCa.jpg

New outfit!!

vdXRYBC.jpg

Well support her in her dreams then!! C’mon!

wJLyQtE.jpg

wob wob wob

AC6aq54.jpg

I mean, you can, like, look at the Galar map to confirm that. It’s, uh, pretty easy to confirm, actually. It’s like right there in the middle.

Someone just told me that you can buy Leon’s replica cape but no one can wear it because it’s too heavy. Lol. tfw too many sponsorships

O7S2meK.jpg

LMAO this is the greatest NPC in the entire game

WmMw3HI.jpg
1Kyvnyf.jpg

Well, they continue to be on brand, at least.

Mx0L5jQ.jpg

Oh of course NOW I get the soothe bell.

ArPhmZ9.jpg

Same, buddy.

JDZfBxs.jpg
ouCOgQc.jpg

Oh right, THIS side quest. I have to bring the letter to Frank in Ballonlea. Absolutely nothing ghostly about this at all.

Okay, fine, I’ll go talk to Rose now.

ekuhXy8.jpg
xuslnYa.jpg

Waow! Science is incredible!

U6fctwj.jpg

Oh now you’re telling ME to go to the vault too?? This is getting pretty sus.

LXWJlmj.jpg

Oh! Leon! Hi!

cX73RY9.jpg
NF3tFOK.jpg

Awww Hop…!! That’s sad but also I’m cracking up at him never apologizing for anything?? Hop, really???

Apparently Leon’s here because the chairman asked him to. It, well, probably has something to do with the fact that the chairman was just saying he needed the help of “someone like the champion” for his science shit.

Also, this happened too fast to take a screenshot, but he said he was off to the stadium then ran CLEAN BACKWARDS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. THE DIRECTION HE JUST CAME FROM. I love this guy.

wx5VxHa.jpg

Oh! Raihan! Hey buddy!! I forgot I’d be meeting you here! He gave me his league card then directed me to the vault.

CMV3BY8.jpg

Miss WHO??? Ahaha didn’t you go through the freakin’ gym challenge with her??

2NfufxP.jpg

Hi Sonia!!!!

GJQREcI.jpg
ioPFSKQ.jpg
71dsGUs.jpg
IJLukPQ.jpg

So it turns out there are TWO heroes, not just the one in Budew Inn.

What is all this random misinformation all over Galar involving these guys?? Can’t they be consistent in their misinformation???

2gTL7Zy.jpg

Bro, just hold his hand already.

Anyways, that scene opened up the next route so let’s just head straight to it.

GA92pll.jpg
FPyhzxc.jpg

Yeah I vibe with that.

hIqsKzm.jpg

I love this lol. They’re like “of course!” and she just walks through. This woman exudes the aura of “I have lived on this earth for many decades and have dealt with weirder shit than this.” She probably has grandchildren that say similar things like “don’t step on the cracks!” or “ssshhh my doll is sleeping!”

vykOs9A.jpg

Oh, boy. Hop, buddy, this is not a good time.

p7lQWi4.jpg
Zl4QZEJ.jpg

Bitch stop stomping oh my god!!!!!!

Surprisingly this is a one-on-one battle?? I kick his ass.

fCb4gkp.jpg

Oh boy, Hop really IS depressed.

zdtcYRN.jpg

Of COURSE she was.

gieABlz.jpg

Honestly I’m surprised it’s still asleep.

At least Hop feels a little better after watching me battle. He comments on Laura’s and I battling well together. Aww.

ToEGMZA.jpg
f1ydN1n.jpg

[cracks knuckles] He said WHAT?!

F9hQrfm.jpg

Hop oh my god I want to hug you so bad. I’m thinking about how I’d have felt if someone said something like that to me when I was his age and holy shit. That’s ACTUALLY shitty.

yQhzba1.jpg
4PzosSt.jpg

Bye!

WydeAhu.jpg

Holy shit the camera panned to her so fast she just APPEARED

AfC9pGK.jpg
fb8PZJo.jpg

Bye???

Okay I’m just gonna get my catch for the route and take a break here.

VQVay1O.jpg
7xaZ43x.jpg

Oh! Good, I’m not the only one tossing babies into the void!

yRmrGxH.jpg
ZaRpKiu.jpg
jbahpnd.jpg
PTr0frC.jpg

dfap07d-3e26125e-fbf0-4e33-b991-c54d7426dae5.png

I remember having this dilemma in my casual playthrough, too, where I was like “Wow, electric/poison is great, but I already have Boltund on my team…” I ended up using both, lol, but I think I’ll keep this Toxel in the box for now.

Okay, new route, same me! Time to deal with annoying sand and ladders!!

✨TEAM RECAP✨
004.png
Charming
Level 33
Ability:
Solar Power
Item:
Charcoal
Moves:
Dragon Breath
Flamethrower
Belly Drum
Ancient Power​
131.png
Laura's
Level 32
Ability:
Shell Armor
Item:
Amulet Coin
Moves:
Ice Shard
Water Pulse
Freeze-Dry
Confuse Ray​
007.png

Squirrel
Level 32
Ability:
Torrent
Item:
Expert Belt
Moves:
Rapid Spin
Bite
Water Pulse
Aqua Tail​
052-g.png

Mewtwo
Level 32
Ability:
Battle Armor
Item:
Silk Scarf
Moves:
Payback
Pay Day
Iron Head
Swagger​
133.png

Even
Level 32
Ability:
Synchronize
Item:
Wise Glasses
Moves:
Swift
Quick Attack
Psybeam
Tail Whip​
470.png

Leaven
Level 32
Ability:
Leaf Guard
Item:
Muscle Band
Moves:
Razor Leaf
Quick Attack
Leech Seed
Tail Whip​
004.png

Roll
Level 27
Ability:
Steadfast
Item:
None
Moves:
Quick Attack
Aura Sphere
Work Up
Metal Claw​
004.png

Yammer
Level 31
Ability:
Strong Jaw
Item:
Magnet
Moves:
Spark
Charm
Nuzzle
Bite​

TheTRUEgge

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Gosh, I forgot how good the swsh NPC dialogue is. And also DAMN bede is a little jerk to Hop, rude!!!!!! You’ve gotta beat him up now

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Bug
  3. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
i know i've only been lurk-reading and liking along the way since last time, but i thought you may enjoy knowing that reading this update just inspired me to have the player character punch bede in stow-on-side after this in the comic i'm planning so thank you

edit: also yeah here's the dialogue kitkat was talking about in case you didn't get to see it next update
IMG_6337.jpg

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Also, this happened too fast to take a screenshot, but he said he was off to the stadium then ran CLEAN BACKWARDS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. THE DIRECTION HE JUST CAME FROM. I love this guy.
Wow. I mean, I know his whole thing (besides being unbeatable) is that he's pants with directions, but... WOW. If it were anyone else, I'd write this off as a developer oversight, but it is completely in character for Leon.

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
First off I just wanna say that Towel is a really good name
He and his “every moment counts” attitude can sit down and wait for me to go clothes shopping.
Yes. I think we should all apply this attitude to real life, even
Waow! Science is incredible!
Rosé the Science Guy!

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
My goodness, I completely forgot how much of a jerk Bede was. That's what hanging out with Rose and Oleana could do to you.

OP
Spacey

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Gosh, I forgot how good the swsh NPC dialogue is. And also DAMN bede is a little jerk to Hop, rude!!!!!! You’ve gotta beat him up now
It is my solemn duty 😤
i know i've only been lurk-reading and liking along the way since last time, but i thought you may enjoy knowing that reading this update just inspired me to have the player character punch bede in stow-on-side after this in the comic i'm planning so thank you

edit: also yeah here's the dialogue kitkat was talking about in case you didn't get to see it next update
IMG_6337.jpg
omg haha I'll take that as a compliment! And WOW............. Hop........ XD
Wow. I mean, I know his whole thing (besides being unbeatable) is that he's pants with directions, but... WOW. If it were anyone else, I'd write this off as a developer oversight, but it is completely in character for Leon.
HAHA RIGHT?? There's no way that was an accident
First off I just wanna say that Towel is a really good name

Yes. I think we should all apply this attitude to real life, even

Rosé the Science Guy!
Towel is definitely one of my favorite names so far haha
My goodness, I completely forgot how much of a jerk Bede was. That's what hanging out with Rose and Oleana could do to you.
For real! They are HORRIBLE influences.

Through the sand we go!
Yaaaay battles and ladders and sand and thin hallways with overworld Pokemon…

CFxWDkD.jpg

I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure this is an accurate depiction of doctors. Please let him take a nap.

AF0upQw.jpg

Oh my god the way my life flashed before my eyes……. Sawk and Throh are TERRIFYING in Nuzlockes. I was seriously expecting a Payback one-shot but fortunately it didn’t do that.

wmEIk2R.jpg

STOP IT!!!

GNpK9d1.jpg

First of all: The strength of YOUR Pokemon almost gave me a heart attack!

And two: Yeah uh your mouth DOES look numb, and you seem to be missing all of your teeth… Are you, uh, okay?

SIuVYiU.jpg
do8uNVr.jpg

Obligatory mention of the artist model. Seriously, I AM more of an expert on artists than I am doctors and this is accurate. I assume the artists in Game Freak would know, too.

UI4cxjk.jpg

Lol it’s a Diglett

YRKtcWu.jpg
GGnuIV0.jpg

Keep it up, buddies!! You’re doing great!!

Daily treasure guy is here!! I gave him a mushroom for 10,000 bucks. All that money for clothes!!

q0P7K2C.jpg

Okay THIS time I’m pretty sure he’s actually going to battle me.

AJhwzr7.jpg
SlevcAf.jpg

Makes sense. The exp share is very powerful in this game.

QQOJiv4.jpg

Hmmm. I think I see where this character arc is going.

Oh! His first Pokemon is Cramorant. Interesting. I have Laura’s out so I think she can handle this.

HLFPJ98.jpg
lKbh532.jpg

Oh! Cramorant is faster and now he has a fishie. Legit was wondering how that happened. (This shows how little I’ve actually played gen 8.)

aDDSPCB.jpg
FGqEqyB.jpg

LVeaoAA.jpg

I’ll be honest, Hop, I literally forgot that Freeze-Dry’s thing is that it’s super effective against water types, so don’t give me TOO much credit.

2Ja4qrx.jpg

JESUS CHRIST

nRjV5t4.jpg
B88fQl3.jpg

That SCARED me! I think that’s the first time I had a Cramorant actually have a fish in its mouth when it fainted, lmao. Good lord!

Hop sends out his Thwackey next, so I switch to… Leaven?

fqUPKQn.jpg

Wh-Why did I switch to Leaven?? I think I need to take a break from the game after this!!

azQE3qo.jpg

Okay let’s try this again.

JzqGI3f.jpg

Bye, Thwackey.

rJZPvXg.jpg
xDVakOm.jpg

Damn, so close!! I really hope I can get Leaven a stronger grass attack soon.

RpFIY7P.jpg
PU74a4y.jpg
8drhqfP.jpg

That was a CRIT?? Damn, Leaven!

0K7Krrw.jpg
lwanSW4.jpg

Pff, you got me! Unfortunately I go first, so uh…

uautcFj.jpg
Sxx2sA0.jpg

We’re good!

QgGT3Ll.jpg

sCil0Vs.jpg
oFUxOpH.jpg

Er, yeah. Sorry.

sESA6KO.jpg

Same, buddy.

h3JUlRG.jpg

Sweetie no!!

fHzvAXV.jpg
p9GrfAr.jpg

sobbing quietly

RH6mVmw.jpg

Good lord why does the game keep ZOOMING the camera to her

q8kviLr.jpg
XvXSZQg.jpg

Opal I didn’t even know you were here but sure I’ll take it.

Oh, I should probably check out the surrounding area before entering the gym. I remember shit goes down after I beat the gym leader so let’s see what’s up before that happens.

14heY00.jpg

Bitch you’re like 4. How the fuck are you even pronouncing qu and r and st???

HbuHjrh.jpg

Stunning. Definite legitimate representation of art history. Nothing suspicious here.

I just found out I can enter the forest! No one’s blocking my path! Wow!! But I’m just gonna turn back around and go into the gym anyway. I’m sure it’s so people can catch a fairy or psychic type for Bea’s gym but it’s not like I keep the Pokemon I’d be catching there.

Well I guess it’s time to face the gym… I actually had to grind for like… five minutes to get everyone to level 35!

004.png

Charming
Level 35
Ability:
Solar Power
Item:
Charcoal
Moves:
Dragon Breath
Flamethrower
Belly Drum
Ancient Power​