• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Galar Written Log Teen Commentary A Wonderful Phone - A Sword Wonderlocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
i'm doing a wonderlocke and using autocorrect to name everyone because i'm weird

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
df5tlxv-02c1f8d6-0b6b-481b-99eb-f6454dc5e57f.png

Current Update Schedule: Fridays​

Heyyyy! Spacey here, that Nuzlocker who has only posted comics. Lowkey wanna just have a silly run where I get to be myself. Join me and discover that I can be funny too I swear I don't just make people cry I'm more than that truly I-

I've been joking around about doing a run with autocorrected/predicted nicknames so I figure, hey, let's do a screenshot run! But I only play on cartridge... so hey, let's do a Switch game! Boring encounters? WONDERLOCKE TIME! Oh, are they "Surprise Trades" now? Too bad. Still a Wonderlocke. So I'm gonna play Sword!

For reference, this is like... a half-blind run. I sure did play gen 8! That sure was a game! But I remember very little of it, especially gameplay-wise. And I'll be using websites to look shit up ahead of time lmao so like.... half-blind.

RULES:

• If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and can no longer be used.
  • You can only catch one Pokemon per route.
    • SWSH-Specific Clause: One Pokemon per Wild Area zone is allowed. Sure, it might be a lot of encounters, but I also want to autocorrect as many names as possible, so.
  • All Pokemon immediately get traded away through Surprise Trade upon being caught.
    • The maximum level allowed from a traded Pokemon is the next gym leader's ace's level. If the level is too high, it must be traded back out for a new one.
      • 0 Badges: Lv. 20
      • 1 Badge: Lv. 24
      • 2 Badges: Lv. 27
      • 3 Badges: Lv. 36
      • 4 Badges: Lv. 38
      • 5 Badges: Lv. 42
      • 6 Badges: Lv. 46
      • 7 Badges: Lv. 48
      • 8 Badges: Lv. 65
  • All Pokemon must be nicknamed after receiving them. I will be naming them by using autocorrect and/or predicted text on my phone because I'm a weirdo.
    • Post-beginning rule addition: If the Pokemon's nickname can't be changed, I'll change it in my heart. aka in my team drawings
  • Dupes clause is active (because autocorrected names aren't as fun after the first time) but it will be singular (as opposed to covering the entire evolution line) - for example, if I get a Wooloo and name it as a Wooloo, then I can keep a Dubwool if I get one in a later trade.
  • Loose Level Limit Rule: Try not to pass the next gym leader's ace's level. I have yet to attempt this with required EXP Share on - if a Pokemon passes the level while reaching the gym, I won't go nuts over it, but I won't be grinding levels past the ace's level purposefully. If there are underleveled Pokemon to train, the max-level Pokemon will be temporarily boxed while grinding.
  • BONUS: When a Pokemon enters my team, I'm gonna draw them!!! This barely qualifies as a rule but I'm putting it here anyway.

Time for a hopefully ridiculous time!!!

df5ratb-931935de-ca2a-450b-9f8f-0fbd8f2f2f03.png
df65dsh-af607fa9-f5e7-4463-a7fd-e5ea4c1c3b0a.png
df5rbks-cf693334-cc22-48db-9775-c696a4e90fc9.png
df5rc13-c6047239-ea91-4963-acd4-54ea43d01279.png
df5rd4y-ed5ee1ef-aa9a-4d69-90b3-fab8ed403c6e.png
df6coaw-6eebe420-26d3-4f44-8761-c8ff1828052c.png
df5wv0n-0b38da78-bea5-45c3-8134-b356db951dc9.png
df5xaaf-98602623-d48a-47f1-a923-6a41ff7c7504.png
df8evbo-dad61475-b042-41f2-90a6-2740f605c63a.png
df5xaaq-8553f490-d5ed-4f67-9adc-79219bfc23f1.png
df621i3-f77ab943-b11e-4eae-974b-d93249b4677c.png
df621i7-e5a0b028-6837-4418-b054-17ecf1bd7013.png
df6q5sf-da6b3c0b-a9f3-4972-9731-39bcbb7584ac.png
df65dss-766d2f50-0c60-4d2d-a35b-a35c480835c3.png
df6cob0-e67764b4-44bc-4a63-8477-3e98b616a54d.png
df6q5so-231a4fdb-d469-4f0f-9e3b-2b92512c687f.png
df6q5su-a11311e1-4806-4a78-b9a0-cedb85880bbf.png
df8uis4-d5a14795-fcd1-4a7e-b9c8-b7f92f62eae4.png
df701y1-5b71b8ce-5371-4637-b8d5-54fec89e573b.png
df7gkr0-2d727ea6-21e0-4536-ab84-ee2c8fc3a970.png
df701y5-bdb751b3-d65f-49a2-be5f-8b4563cd8081.png
df701y9-2e12ae2e-5c88-4c22-80dc-5d0dde002e57.png
df7wrkt-6fc1892a-6c1e-41e6-ab2e-1044a36c7634.png
df7wsaf-72b53820-c0b4-42ba-aa68-a6631909406f.png
df8uiru-52d483b3-d7ad-4003-be67-0dcd9f44b902.png
df8uis1-34610238-6f74-435a-8a89-f20d2b98365e.png
df8vmzx-cf8b0622-99bc-4496-ab48-1a1679c3ad6d.png
df8vn01-c70fc095-590b-43bf-afbb-067ebb5c2709.png
df8vn06-93b0a6b4-8391-40c1-ba04-232e9d9a27e9.png
df8vn0a-f2ec9aaa-8fd8-4266-8711-2de578d8c9a9.png
df8vn0i-6997d8ae-7282-46f5-8794-8c92f13754fe.png
dfap07d-3e26125e-fbf0-4e33-b991-c54d7426dae5.png

Turns out they don't just let any random person down the street send off Pokemon into the void. That's rude! Time to rush through an hour of gameplay.

ot6F7fY.jpg

Pictured: Me, vibing

yvq36Jc.jpg

What exhibi- OHH! That was TODAY? I just assumed Leon and Raihan were trending on Twitter because the paparazzi caught them holding hands or something.

Sorry, pal-o, but you pre-record every battle that Leon's in anyway, right? We can just watch it tonight. And your brother, who is supposed to be "live on TV" right now, is actually on his way to Postwick right now, so... Oh, are we running to find him right now? Cool.

V6O0od1.jpg

Same, buddy.

We sprint down the hill to Hop's place and, lo and behold, Leon's not even there yet. Hop, for whatever reason, thinks his mother stuffed her 6-foot-tall adult son into a cupboard. Unsurprisingly, she did not do that, and Leon is actually still at the station. Now we're sprinting to the station! Hop is single-handedly the reason why I'm still in shape.

WQ3pAQU.jpg

How 'bout you mind your own fuckin' business, mate.

wpwodeB.jpg
HcYUyrn.jpg
O3VddXG.jpg

sg;smgs;sg i'm so sorry i forgot galar was just Like This. absolute gooberville all around

We drag Leon down the Straight Line back home because apparently he's just THAT bad at directions (listen, I relate, pal, believe me) and Hop's like "HI BIG BRO YOU GOT US POKEMON RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT" and Leon's like holy shit fine yeah here. And I'm like oh right I gotta actually pick one even though I'm not keeping it. But choosing my starter also decides Hop and Leon's teams later so I used a random number generator like a true gamer.

aNZEf9E.jpg

Awww! This would be way cuter if I wasn't gonna throw him into the void at the first opportunity! Fortunately for him, I'm stuck with him until I unlock Y-Comm shit.

Hop and I have our first battle! He's all like "I have two Pokemon with me!" because he's a JERK but it's fine cause this fight is scripted to get me my super effective move after defeating his Wooloo so I win easily anyway.

gD1KL35.jpg

Also I 100% forgot this was possible dialogue and I'm cracking up

Okay time to go home to tell my mom I'm headed to the Pokemon Lab and-

rVctWgW.jpg

I WISH I COULD SAY I WAS CHILL BUT THAT NOISE ACTUALLY MADE ME FLINCH NSKGSNGKS

Turns out a Wooloo just crashed through the gate into the sketchy misty zone. We suspect the fluffy bugger is in danger and decide to chase after it. Let's fuckin' go! All I have is this giant leather bag and a rabbit but that should be enough to survive the unknown, right?

biYVj46.jpg
CFQBfXy.jpg

Narrator voice: It was not enough to survive the unknown.

Okay so I didn't die, but I fainted in front of the champion who then yelled at us for being absolute fools so it was just an unfun time all around.

RnztfX0.jpg

Same, buddy.

I tell my mom that I'm going to the next town over and hurry on over to Wedgehurst. This time I can go into the grass but because I don't have Y-Comm unlocked, I avoid all the wilds, pick up the items, and yeet outta there.

DWekUDK.jpg

Leon's Charizard's a true bro. Dude's standing in front of the station to distract all the fans so his trainer can give his brother and brother's friend a tutorial lmao

TbdCr2Y.jpg

THE GOODEST BOI IS HERE

Leon goes on and on about how great Yamper is at finding things and helping him find his way and then he's like-

D4AGZET.jpg

HA! I relate so hard to this. Oh, does the dog have a person? I guess I should acknowledge their existence too.

qhUguCg.jpg

GOD, I relate so hard to Sonia through the entire game. I know my avatar character is this small child but I'm actually Sonia.

ckL2z7g.jpg

Ahhhh hello there! We are going to be best friends, you and I.

Now I can access all of Wedgehurst! My lovely mum gave me some pocket money, ideally to spend on potions and such, so naturally, I spend it all on clothes.

SZHiwWs.jpg

Listen, personal expression is Very Important!

As I enter Route 2, Hop's waiting and ready to start teaching me how to catch a Pokemon... then Leon pops out of literal nowhere and is like ACTUALLY I think I'LL teach you how to catch a Pokemon! And this is when I learn that he is Extra even against a wild sheep. Bitch threw the ball at it like he was being rated at a model competition. But he gave me 20 Pokeballs so anything he has done is forgiven.

I basically bulldoze through Route 2 and beat everyone with Scorbunny. God, this is experience I could be giving Pokemon I can ACTUALLY USE but noooo I gotta unlock the INTERNET.

4swD804.jpg

Wh- Imagine walking up to a scientist and asking them if they've learned EVERYTHING about the thing they're studying. "Hey have you mastered this unknown field that you are the sole researcher for? No pressure or anything."

Hop, with the subtlety of an elephant, yells "HEY MAGNOLIA CAN YOU CONVINCE LEON TO ENDORSE US SO WE CAN BE IN THE LEAGUE CHALLENGE" and she goes all grandmother on poor Leon like "you WON'T enDORSE them? why the HECK not? are you STUPID?" and now we're battling with our babies to show we're exciting enough to challenge gyms I guess.

Well, my Scorbunny was level 9-10 and had no problem against Hop's 3 Pokemon. I'm gonna miss this guy lol.

ERxOfJq.jpg
LkIUOuI.jpg
d2XgKYP.jpg

Well that was all very convenient.

liKTloc.jpg

gnsgsnglsngls "You're a fucking PROTAGONIST, aren't you???"

We eat some curry, sleep over at Magnolia's house I guess?? then wake up ready to go!! Then I notice something peculiar at the bottom of my screen....

k81mHeE.jpg

Eyyyyy!! It showed up earlier than my test file for some reason but I'll take it! Let's get started on the actual chall-

ZyLoR9Q.jpg

oh. lol. right.

WELL HOP CHALLENGED ME TO CATCH SOME POKEMON ANYWAY AHAHA UHH-

bu7FOlU.jpg
wDyFJAA.jpg

Okay!! Now we have the routes up to this point covered! But I don't have the Box Link yet so I figure I can finish a couple more cutscenes before hopping into the surprise void.

3Ll1H2i.jpg
pRtR4Lw.jpg

look upon this barren wasteland, hop, and look at all the fucks i give, for there are none

After a very cute and short train ride, we end up getting dropped off at the wild area because... well, uh... a bundle of Wooloo are hangin' out on the tracks. I, too, would stop and ruin the entire region's public transportation schedule to allow the Wooloo to vibe. Hop's all excited about having a perfect excuse to Get Gud and I'm like okay true but also GET ME THAT BOX LINK oh wait look there's sonia

cpOd7Zq.jpg
KaLRiy3.jpg

Hoooo boy, Hop, you don't even know the HALF of it, mate.

Anyway!!! Sonia got me the Box Link and I'm at the spot where I thought Y-Comm was SUPPOSED to show up (I still don't know why it showed up earlier for me) so now I can actually finally start this challenge!!! However, this prologue is too long and I gotta draw my new friends so I'll end this part here.

Chapter One's gonna introduce the first actual teammates!! Let's do thiiiiiis-

3ezB0Ww.jpg

jesus CHRIST i forgot other trainers pop up in the overworld when you're online holy shit they just APPEAR

Last edited:

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Oooo, SWSH has a wide/varied enough pokedex as is already, so a wonderlocke has me excited for what your team is going to look like :0 sad that you have to chuck the rabbit into the void but, like, you’ll get something way cooler back. So.
also if you saw me give that post 3 different reactions no you didnt. I’m on mobile and missed the right emoji twice

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
GOD, I relate so hard to Sonia through the entire game. I know my avatar character is this small child but I'm actually Sonia.
Same. I'm still trying to figure my life out at the age of 33 no less, and I wish Pokemon professor was an actual occupation because then I might actually have a career option.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Omg Spacey your comedy is top-tier, loving this run already! Can’t wait to see the babies that you end up getting.
How are you going to deal with Pokémon that already have nicknames?

OP
Spacey

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
Oooo, SWSH has a wide/varied enough pokedex as is already, so a wonderlocke has me excited for what your team is going to look like :0 sad that you have to chuck the rabbit into the void but, like, you’ll get something way cooler back. So.
also if you saw me give that post 3 different reactions no you didnt. I’m on mobile and missed the right emoji twice
Yeah!! Honestly I would've had plenty fun with the normal SwSh encounters but I was craving a wonderlocke specifically! :P
Same. I'm still trying to figure my life out at the age of 33 no less, and I wish Pokemon professor was an actual occupation because then I might actually have a career option.
Right??? Haha I know the Pokemon world is dangerous and all but they make picking a dream job look so easy!
Omg Spacey your comedy is top-tier, loving this run already! Can’t wait to see the babies that you end up getting.
How are you going to deal with Pokémon that already have nicknames?
Ahaha thanks!!! That's a great question I very quickly had to answer, actually! I added a sub-rule so even if I can't change the Pokemon's nickname, I'll still put the name I would've used in the team recaps and picture!

Yooo! I'm posting this first chapter fairly quickly 'cause I might as well introduce my team!!

G'day! It's finally time to start the Wonderlocke for realsies! By the time I unlocked Y-Comm, I had a team of three!! So it's montage time!

MQRlmoh.jpg

Bye, Scorbunny!! You kicked ass for the hour I had you. Good luck on your future endeavors!!

I'm so excited! My actual starter could be anything! There are hundreds of options!! It'll be so cool to have a starter that's different than what I usually have to start with-

A7dR9f1.jpg

Wh-

HOW. WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THIS.

So I guess I still have a fire starter so Hop and Leon's choices are still on brand 😅 Let's take a look at this fella-

up9i8qN.jpg
6NH10Lk.jpg
UrI4clL.jpg
5AYhdgh.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING??? I literally had to serebii shit to make sure it was legal!! So Solar Power is its hidden ability and literally ALL FOUR OF ITS MOVES are egg moves. Looks like SOMEONE is trying to be a Pokemon Master Breeder!

Look at his smug little face on its move list page too! He KNOWS he was bred with a goal in mind.

Welcome to the team, Charming!
Charming the Charmander
Well, uh, two more mons to go! I AM doing surprise trades in 2022 so I wouldn't be surprised if all of my mons ended up being breeding rejects.

bxpXFHm.jpg

... Hm. Somehow I don't think this Gigalith is gonna be under level 20.

2P3ZrMy.jpg

Pffff yeah that's what I expected. Sorry, I need a return on this transaction!

fBvb1Vl.jpg

Oh! A Lotad! That's a fun one. Unusual typing, evolves early... and Ludicolo's a fantastic goober if I can get a stone!

uzh0nZN.jpg

Oh what the FUCK

please, next pokemon, be under level 20. my standards are so low at this point. just let me play the game

HAWvBvK.jpg

Lmao wait seriously? Don't mind me and my team of TWO FIRE LIZARDS

U6GKAmi.jpg
fULyyqB.jpg
U5AZnR1.jpg
ndklkvG.jpg

IT'S A MALE SALANDIT. :facepalm:

I should've expected Pokemon like this in surprise trade... I mean, I can use him for now, I guess.

Salad the Salandit
One Pokemon to go! Until I turn back around to Wedgehurst to name these guys and trigger the DLC cutscene

aNN9ynJ.jpg

Ah yes, the fairest of transactions. I am so sorry. I hope you see its name "Wonder" and understand my plight.

Anyways obviously Corviknight is too high a level so let's try this agane

gyAbNbk.jpg

... Wait. Wait wait wait this is a possible winner here is this-

IT IS! It's level 1!!! Holy shit, opening with a Lapras is huuuuge

6kTK8O7.jpg
UCsSS9E.jpg

W2J4jHH.jpg
gkzkQUC.jpg

FREEZE-DRY?!?!?! Bro, this thing's gonna CARRY me. Not literally, though, cause HMs aren't in this game.

Laura's the Lapras

Hello there, large child! I saw the prediction text was "Laura's" and considered just naming her Laura then was like, no, this playthrough is run on MEME ENERGY. I will include the apostrophe.

All of this trading happened while standing at the entrance to the Wild Area so I took the train back to Wedgehurst to officially name my new children. Klara's standing there waiting for me to trigger a cutscene but I know it results in also spawing a lv. 12 Slowpoke so I and my three level 1 Pokemon just kinda walked around her and pretended like she wasn't there.

I very quickly discovered the first flaw to my impeccable plan to nickname all of my Pokemon after a theme in a Wonderlocke.

jbUppON.jpg
uwZy2bR.jpg

The name rater won't let me rename my Japanese Charmander. lol. So he'll be Hitokage in-game and Charming in spirit!!

I looked at my three level 1 Pokemon, felt Fear, and hunted down specifically a Rookidee in Route 1 to ensure the highest rate of survival. Charming was able to weaken it with Ancientpower and Laura's finished it off with Freeze-Dry. Salad got half-exp from existing and all 3 became a high enough level to survive in route 1!

After like 20 minutes of freezing birds, I got a Pokemon to level 10 and went to catch that Slowpoke.

JloMZkm.jpg

The ticket guy in the middle is just so Tired. I appreciate his energy, or lack thereof. Thank you for your service.

Laura's learned Sing at some point so I just put it to sleep, hit it a couple times and threw a ball. Success! Now to trade for my last Pokemon before entering the Wild Area.

d9I3zhg.jpg
CTbuJYV.jpg

lmao no FUCKING way. Are there lv 42 Budew in the wild area or something?? That's hilarious. I'm kinda relieved the level's too high, too.

h06D4W2.jpg

What in the everloving YELLOW NUZLOCKE is going on here?!?!?!

22tdkxK.jpg
ZtaKrtA.jpg
cWEK8f2.jpg
UFBC8uO.jpg

YOOOO it's the gigantamax Squirtle starter option from the Isle of Armor DLC!! That's pretty rad. Its autocorrect name also did NOT surprise me.

Squirrel the Squirtle

Damn, so I get 2 water types and 2 fire types to start? I have a feeling this team's gonna be lookin' very different in a couple episodes. More art for me to draw, I suppose!!

Well the Rotom in my phone is gonna start yelling at me for staring at my screen for too long today so I guess I should take out my camping gear and prepare for my first ever Wild Area adventure!

2yv2SED.jpg

✨TEAM RECAP✨
004.png

Charming
Lv. 12
Dragon Breath
Ember
Belly Drum
Ancient Power​
757.png

Salad
Lv. 9
Belch
Smog
Fake Out
Mud-Slap​
131.png

Laura's
Lv. 10
Mist
Water Gun
Freeze-Dry
Sing​
007.png

Squirrel
Lv. 5
Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Gun
-​

Last edited:

Doctor_Six

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Oooh, those are some good trades, and Lapras is one you never get to use early game.

Based on their egg moves, I'd guess the Charmander's father was a Kommo-o, and the Lapras's father was an Aurorus.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
HOW. WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THIS.
In my Ultra Sun wonderlocke, I chose Litten and wonder traded it away. Before I left Melemele I had another Litten from Wonder Trade. The funny thing is that I already had an NPC character planned that was a female Litten, and this was a female Litten, so now she was canonically part of the team.

TheTRUEgge

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
JFLSJFKFB SQUIRREL…….
These are some great names and some great mons! Well, mostly. Fingers crossed for more type diversity soon!

War Anvil

Life is too short to be little.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
I like your Sakurai, but not your players. Your players are so unlike your Sakurai.
Why hello there, Prince Charming. AND WOOOOOOOOOO LAPRAS IN GEN 8!!!

Good luck on this utterly wild run.

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
ooooOOO what wild wonder trades. Charming has one hell of a moveset and gigantamax Squirrel!!
This is making me want to replay SWSH, dang.

OP
Spacey

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Oooh, those are some good trades, and Lapras is one you never get to use early game.

Based on their egg moves, I'd guess the Charmander's father was a Kommo-o, and the Lapras's father was an Aurorus.
Oooh that's fun!! If I had the foresight and if this was like a real comic that would've been cool to implement!
In my Ultra Sun wonderlocke, I chose Litten and wonder traded it away. Before I left Melemele I had another Litten from Wonder Trade. The funny thing is that I already had an NPC character planned that was a female Litten, and this was a female Litten, so now she was canonically part of the team.
Well that worked out perfectly, huh! XD
JFLSJFKFB SQUIRREL…….
These are some great names and some great mons! Well, mostly. Fingers crossed for more type diversity soon!
LOL for real! Fortunately I have many more opportunities!
Why hello there, Prince Charming. AND WOOOOOOOOOO LAPRAS IN GEN 8!!!

Good luck on this utterly wild run.
Thanks!!! This Lapras makes this pretty interesting for sure! Not a mon I get to use often ;w;
ooooOOO what wild wonder trades. Charming has one hell of a moveset and gigantamax Squirrel!!
This is making me want to replay SWSH, dang.
LOLLL I hope I get to actually gigantamax Squirrel!! I'm having a lot of fun already. It's tough not to just constantly update this haha

I got to draw a LOT of Pokemon this episode!

✨TEAM REMINDER✨
004.png
Charming, Lv. 12
757.png
Salad, Lv. 9
131.png
Laura's, Lv. 10
007.png
Squirrel, Lv. 5​

Man, that sure was an episode of nothing but trading! Time to do it all over again as I go through (counts dots on map) five Wild Area sections to get to the city!

The first thing I see upon entering the Rolling Fields is that there are Vulpix EVERYWHERE. Dammit, I'm regretting the Wonderlocke already!! Apparently it's a drought here today! Gosh, they're so cute. I fuckin' love Vulpix. Fun fact: Vulpix was my first ever favorite Pokemon as a kid LOL. I had the Vulpix breeder episode on VHS!

VPmu1UN.jpg

Okay! Let's quickly take a screenshot to remember I caught something in this area, then...... wait, what's that?

yR8Ebyv.jpg

What the FUCK is THAT

Okay Rotomi! Search "pokemon rare mark"

xQbZ7gx.png

jrphIe0.jpg

Okay so here's my capture for the Rolling Fields! Absolutely nothing suspect going on here, not at all. Look at this one (1) Vulpix I've caught in the Rolling Fields! No other Vulpix existed before this one! I definitely didn't pull the equivalent of a shiny clause out of my ass and put a different special Vulpix in a box to send to Home later!

evt2qT6.jpg

SGNSGKSNS i almost missed this screenshot because i started laughing instead

MwpRIii.jpg

[darth vader voice] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

kzptgVJ.jpg

LMAOOO what a good name!! I appreciate you, Snugglez. I only had Rokon for all of five seconds but I'm sure he'll appreciate you too.

k8SeoXM.jpg

'
SNUGGLEZ HAS BETRAYED ME!!!!! 😱

I can't believe I already have two Pokemon that can't evolve because they're dudes. What an unfair mechanic, honestly!!!

YblvHXV.jpg
CEVmqjj.jpg
BfOwfsB.jpg
hCtkSTS.jpg

Okay but the fact he was also caught in the Rolling Fields is phenomenal. I'm starting to believe there is a higher power controlling this run.

He's German, though, so I have to pretend to nickname him. Wadribie is actually a really cute name though, haha.

Combed the Combee

This is the first name to ACTUALLY autocorrect, by the way. The other names so far haven't been close enough to a real word at the last letter to change on its own. 😂

It is time to Meander!!!! I haven't played this game in so long and I don't think I had the internet on, either (because the button is SO SMALL and only on the Y-comm screen so I didn't realize I COULD DO THAT). It was fun going around grabbing random things off the ground and having random trainers give me 3-day-old bread and stuff. I play a lot of simulation and exploration games - something about just wandering around picking loot off the ground is relaxing to me!

I straight-up forgot to take a screenshot of my West Lake Axewell encounter. It was another Vulpix, though. They are much easier for me to catch right now with, y'know, my two water types and my two fire types. My screenshots are a bit out of order - I think I sent the Vulpix to the void then went to catch the next Pokemon before finding a trade partner!

82hCErd.jpg

HELL YEAH STEEL WOOL CAT

fsBJ4fe.jpg
rU27boX.jpg
cSvXD0i.jpg
mgQ5xvT.jpg

I've actually never used this mon before!! Having a steel type in a nuzlocke makes me feel safer too, haha. Watch out, fairies! Also, PICKUP!!!!!!

Also if you missed it in the images, HER NAME CORRECTED TO MEWTWO ASNGKDNSKG that's gonna be so confusing!!! I really should've expected some Pokemon names to be saved in my phone's dictionary at this point.

Mewtwo the Meowth

So anyway I decided to be a daring idiot and go into the Dappled Grave, y'know, where lv. 13 Pokemon hang out, when my highest level Pokemon is lv. 11. This Tympole was a pain in my ass, too!! It wouldn't stay in the ball at all!! I forgot that Sword and Shield made that mechanic BECAUSE of the wild area, ahaha. RIP. Well, not REALLY. It did eventually stay in the ball after scaring the shit out of me and having to use a couple different Pokemon because it had supersonic and mud shot.

bnZyABn.jpg

See ya, fucker!

bF6QYPU.jpg

AAAA!! The child returns!!!!! Well it's a DIFFERENT child, but still!!!

cwhwvcY.jpg
lPJ2FmW.jpg
XGikBPB.jpg
wJOhMIO.jpg

As much as I would love to have this on my team for real, especially since its name became Scorpion, Charming is, well, a bit better with all its egg moves and all, haha.

Scorpion the Scorbunny

Yeah uh I said I'd only draw them if they made it onto my team.... turns out that was a lie. This is too fun.

Next up is Watchtower Ruins! That's a fun one to loot. Uh, I mean....... anyway, I caught a ghost!

fWuFaFV.jpg
DXP0eBF.jpg

Oh joy, another water/ice type... fella, that spot's taken!

FbK8V4O.jpg

Ah. Level 60. The post-game wild area level. Let's, uh, try that again.

ljTVni8.jpg

OH MY GOD

Okay Rotomi! Search "how many pokemon are in sword and shield"

OGsukoP.png

I feel like I'm gonna be bringing this image back more than once at this point.

Anyways!!! I gushed over Vulpix and the Higher Power That Be heard me, apparently.

mbTgB2Y.jpg
sLU6pAT.jpg
UtpltuD.jpg
WHJrCwJ.jpg

Again, fire's taken, but I'll find a (fake) nickname for it and draw it anyway!

df621i3-f77ab943-b11e-4eae-974b-d93249b4677c.png

BABY NO SNGKSGNSK..... You're not vulnerable!! Hell, you're probably MUCH less vulnerable in the box!!!!

Oh thank god I'm in the last area before entering the city! The stairs are right there!!! I'll just let a Pidove dive into me.

In the hail.

Aaaand it's lv. 13 so the catch rate is lower.

Whoops.

XIWLBV6.jpg
lDIvOQN.jpg

This dumbass bird took approximately TEN POKEBALLS TO CATCH. Thank god I was able to switch to Laura's to tank and not take chip damage. The Pidove sure was taking chip damage, though, and still wouldn't stay in the ball until it was in the red!!! Fuck you, little bird!!!

JM7XQXZ.jpg

THERE IT IS!! THE ULTIMATE CHILD. THE NUZLOCKE EXTRAORDINAIRE. THE UNSURPRISING SURPRISE TRADE!

LmWQNwg.jpg
uGbdq7n.jpg
nbu3wNp.jpg
NIA0E5H.jpg

Welp~! Another German Pokemon! Let's see if my phone will autocorrect Eevee or if I've typed it so many times it's impossible to change.

df621i7-e5a0b028-6837-4418-b054-17ecf1bd7013.png

Okay, that works I guess, lol. Maybe I can pronounce it Eh-ven. Evoli's cuter. I should take a look at some more German names - I've been liking them so far!

So, uh, this is interesting. He's modest! This leaves me with an actual CHOICE to make. Fortunately, the move reminder is already available and free in this game, so I can keep him in the party without having to worry about missing moves. Modest is gonna be tough to work with before he evolves, though, so I might try to get him evolved quickly regardless.

Let's see... Vaporeon, Flareon and Glaceon would be redundant type-wise. Jolteon, Umbreon and Leafeon would be decent only for type coverage. But Espeon and Sylveon would be actually beneficial, both with its nature and type coverage.

Help me out, fam. Should I get Sylveon or Espeon?? I think Espeon would benefit more from it being modest specifically but I don't want to rule out having a fairy type on the team, either. Maybe I'll give it a few days to think about it (and see what you guys think).

Right now, however, WE'RE FINALLY IN MOTOSTOKE!!!

B9TFlZi.jpg

aSqabOb.jpg

Thanks, Sonia! Rotomi's helping me get through life's toughest challenges, like how to cook curry using 3-day-old faux meat from a stranger without giving myself and my Pokemon food poisoning.

She tells me about Rotomi as if I don't depend on it for literally everything already, but the big desktop version of it has extra functions, like making a league card and sending my boxed Pokemon on manual labor job errands adventures!

jcJN6wQ.jpg

Now let's take a break from catching Pokemon and explore a big city!! Oh, and I'm supposed to be attending an opening ceremony too, I guess!! Let's fucking goooooo!!!

✨TEAM RECAP✨
004.png

Charming
Lv. 13
Solar Power
Dragon Breath
Ember
Belly Drum
Ancient Power​
757.png

Salad
Lv. 11
Corrosion
Payback
Smog
Fake Out
Ember​
131.png

Laura's
Lv. 12
Shell Armor
Mist
Water Gun
Freeze-Dry
Sing​
007.png

Squirrel
Lv. 12
Torrent
Rapid Spin
Bite
Water Gun
Withdraw​
052-g.png

Mewtwo
Lv. 11
Pickup
Scratch
Pay Day
Metal Claw
Taunt​
133.png

Even
Lv. 1
Adaptability
Helping Hand
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip​

TheTRUEgge

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
OBSESSED with the number of fire types in your box rn. The game wants you do to mono fire!!!!!! And you know you want to too!!!!!!!

Omg Mewtwo and Even are so cute!!!! Good babies and fantastic additions to the team! My vote goes to Even becoming an Espeon—though in case you didn’t know, in swsh sylveon ALSO evolves through friendship, so if you go that route make sure Even doesn’t know charm anymore!

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
Get Sylveon because Fairy types are busted.

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
It is time to Meander!!!! I haven't played this game in so long and I don't think I had the internet on, either (because the button is SO SMALL and only on the Y-comm screen so I didn't realize I COULD DO THAT). It was fun going around grabbing random things off the ground and having random trainers give me 3-day-old bread and stuff. I play a lot of simulation and exploration games - something about just wandering around picking loot off the ground is relaxing to me!
I feel this so much! My first playthrough of Shield I was absolutely delighted with the Wild Area — just wandering through and seeing what items and pokemon were around was super fun.

I see that the random wonder trade people have continued to give you very nice surprises, such as a male combee XD
Even is exciting to have on the team tho! And also Mewtwo, both for her nickname and because I haven’t seen much of the Galarian Meowth line.
I vote for Even becoming an Espeon too because I wanna know if they made any cool changes to Espeon’s moveset/learnset since the last time I used an Espeon which was like… HGSS but back when they were still relatively new games XD

zombie-zcorge

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2022
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Zcorge [Pronounced Scorge] is an artist and Pokemon (and Guzma) enthusiast. Don't get him talking about his nuzlocke comic or else he will never stop.
Go espeon! It's a really good mon, and we always need more psychic cats in our lives.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
You can do wonderlockes in SwSh??? I know what I'm doing for my next playthrough~
I am rolling at the autocorrect nicknames 😆. And aside from the two useless 'mons, your team's looking great so far! I also love the art, it's adorable 🥺
Hopefully the good luck continues! As for Eevee, I vote Espeon too since I like it more.

OP
Spacey

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
OBSESSED with the number of fire types in your box rn. The game wants you do to mono fire!!!!!! And you know you want to too!!!!!!!

Omg Mewtwo and Even are so cute!!!! Good babies and fantastic additions to the team! My vote goes to Even becoming an Espeon—though in case you didn’t know, in swsh sylveon ALSO evolves through friendship, so if you go that route make sure Even doesn’t know charm anymore!
LOL right?? If I evolved Even into Flareon, I'd be up to five!! Almost a full team!

Thank you!! ;w; I'm excited to have them! and YEAH I do remember that! Thanks for the reminder though <3
Get Sylveon because Fairy types are busted.
Definitely a fair argument! XD
I feel this so much! My first playthrough of Shield I was absolutely delighted with the Wild Area — just wandering through and seeing what items and pokemon were around was super fun.

I see that the random wonder trade people have continued to give you very nice surprises, such as a male combee XD
Even is exciting to have on the team tho! And also Mewtwo, both for her nickname and because I haven’t seen much of the Galarian Meowth line.
I vote for Even becoming an Espeon too because I wanna know if they made any cool changes to Espeon’s moveset/learnset since the last time I used an Espeon which was like… HGSS but back when they were still relatively new games XD
It's so fun to just wander!! And yes, very fun additions to the team! And I'm curious about Espeon too, haven't used one in a REALLY long time. I don't know if I've used one in a playthrough!
Go espeon! It's a really good mon, and we always need more psychic cats in our lives.
True!! It's kinda cool to have an excuse to use one!
You can do wonderlockes in SwSh??? I know what I'm doing for my next playthrough~
I am rolling at the autocorrect nicknames 😆. And aside from the two useless 'mons, your team's looking great so far! I also love the art, it's adorable 🥺
Hopefully the good luck continues! As for Eevee, I vote Espeon too since I like it more.
Yeah!! It's super fun! It's just called Surprise Trade instead of Wonder Trade now! And thank you!! ;w; They're so fun to draw!

Looks like Espeon is the overwhelming winner!! No fairy-type moves for Even until he evolves, then. <3 Hopefully we can just end up with a fairy type later, lol

I've been having a ton of fun with this run so I'm probably gonna try to post a part every Tuesday and Friday! I could probably post even more often but I should probably leave time for interaction and stuff lmao

✨TEAM REMINDER✨
004.png
757.png
131.png
007.png
052-g.png
133.png

It's time to explore Motostoke! First order of business is magically making my hair longer and buying a couple of clothes. I wanted more, but alas, these clothes are PRICEY! At least I got a cute Poliwag tee.

gwIO9aA.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm keeping the hair. I told myself I'd change it so it wouldn't be default but... I kinda got attached to the platinum short hair! So I might change it back soon, haha.

I traversed main street and got a couple goodies from some strangers. First off, this absolute zoomer just went on and on about how one-use TMs were "vintage" and "old school" and I think it's QUITE RUDE of Game Freak to attack me directly like this! I also got some hi-tech earbuds that can somehow control different sounds in the real world, which really is quite hi-tech.

The cafe manager apparently does daily battles for prizes so I gave it a shot.

LvyHBy7.jpg
E7S7XB5.jpg

Honestly, I thought he'd send out a Milcery which is why I had Mewtwo out front, but I mean... she was able to handle the Combee, too.

PLXmweC.jpg

Wait, POKEMON do the heavy lifting?? Do they get paid?? Do they have a union?????
(Hilarious that I say that as a Pokemon Trainer but shhhh)

xvqpfpb.jpg

As someone who gets lost nearly as badly as Leon, I still love the humor of seeing him getting lost while in the middle of a straight line. One time, I was playing Pokemon Go on the way home and took one turn to find a Pokemon and... got so lost I needed to turn on my GPS to find my way back. Anyone who watches me play a video game constantly yells at me as soon as I take a turn because I always get so lost that I need the person to spend five minutes redirecting me to the main path. It's a problem. I could use someone like his Charizard!!

Leon gave me a Charcoal, which is very useful! I gave it straight to Charming. Now that I think about it, I'm taking after Leon by having a Charmander starter! He tells me to use the circley motor doohickey to get to the opening ceremony and stands right in front of it so he doesn't get lost again. I decide to explore a bit more, but...

JSYiuIl.jpg
s0JMO94.jpg

... SERIOUSLY? The reason why I can't go that way is because there's a FANBOY standing there??? There's plenty of space! I can walk around them!

So I guess I take the circley motor doohickey up and the gym's right in front of it. I see Ball Guy and he gives me a Pokeball. What a lad.

tn3iiYc.jpg
Ndb70Nv.jpg

PFysyON.jpg

y5A7obu.jpg

Hop, buddy, I wish I took longer, but I literally can't go anywhere else right now.

I guess I have no choice but to register for the gym challenge! It's like that's the whole point of this journey or something. There's a bit of a line ahead of us, apparently...

suugYCH.jpg
gAOzVnO.jpg

There's something magical about capturing this on camera.

ItUICIu.jpg

Hop... if that's all it takes to piss you off... I dunno what to tell ya, buddy. Practice some breathing exercises?

The man at the desk has had a long day of dealing with overeager children and just wants to hurry us up, but he changes his tune the second he sees our endorsements.

SKQIAoz.jpg

Privileged connections, baby!

Now I have to pick a number! Well, since this is a Nuzlocke that I'm posting on the Nuzlocke Forums, it didn't take long for me to think of a number... the number of my forum account, of course! Number 254 in it to win it!

tu3eXgO.jpg

hello i love you

zjcgOtH.jpg

Oh, look! It's me in 30 years!

Well I can finally be done with registration and return to my wandering of the city, so- Nope. Wait. Someone needs to walk me to the hotel that is literally next door to the gym.

NcujoUm.jpg

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize being a gym challenger endorsed by the champion meant having a personal chaperone. Must have been in the fine print.

Well at least it looks like I can finally explore the rest of the town now so that was fun! This place has a lot of twists and turns and hidden places. All these stairs are getting me my cardio for the day for sure.

bJkI94H.jpg

Sir, this is an intervention. Blink twice if you need to be rescued from a nefarious situation.

I found a silk scarf on the ground so I gave it to Even. Uh... maybe I'll... give him and the scarf a bath tonight.

ttu9Idx.jpg

WOW OKAY. How 'bout you MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS and stop ATTACKING me like this.

I found this one place in the middle of nowhere that sells uniforms and seems to be Kabu's Fan Club. Apparently he came here from Hoenn! Fascinating! I actually didn't know that. Or maybe I just forgot because I haven't played this game in like 2 years. Either or.

Then I found some bubbles nearby and clicked on it for funsies and that was when I found out that I ACTUALLY HAVE A FISHING ROD ALREADY. Whoops!! I canceled out and the game yelled at me for reeling the line in too fast. Sorry, it's a Nuzlocke and my catch has to be from the gym later!!

HLLV8V3.jpg

Hey, Laura's! Look! It's you!!! :gonesurfing:

This kid's Minccino wandered off. I admit, the first time I played this, I completely skipped over this side quest cause I didn't know where it was LOLLL. It IS hysterical that this boy was like "I don't know where there's water in Motostoke" are you KIDDING me? There's an entire body of water BENEATH you right now!

uwhxKAu.jpg

Mworp!!!

The kid gives me throat spray for finding his Minccino. Uh, thanks?

I've circled around so I SUPPOSE I can continue with the plot or whatever now.

uP6kwlt.jpg
t6uzzxD.jpg

Well THAT doesn't look like the box art. Sonia explains that this young hero stopped the Darkest Days from ending the world or whatever and Hop's response is "Oh, he must be as strong as Leon then!" Hop. HOP this man stopped an APOCALYPSE. I think he MIIIIGHT be in a different tier than your precious brother!!!

We go upstairs to check into the hotel after a long day of walking, traveling, registering... and these Team Yell guys are literally just. hoggin the line. to prevent other challengers from. getting their hotel room. I guess?? Their heart's in the "right" place, I suppose. It's the same energy as Team Skull trying to steal that bus stop sign.

I'm tired, though, and NOBODY gets away with blocking my path to a bed, so I start kicking their asses.

GmrAANO.jpg
Kr3sFCF.jpg

NOBODY gets away with blocking my path to a bed!!!

wmzRxDN.jpg

Aww shit lmao it's fine it's fine. Sorry for being cranky.

There are two more, though, and Hop FINALLY makes it up the stairs and is like "Wait? Battle? Battle?? Let's battle!!!" Bitch where were you.

V8eQSRv.jpg
TmxBH53.jpg

Awwwww yeaaaah who's the real grunt now???

YLothOE.jpg

Same, buddy.

mrtcOK3.jpg
KQmB9yq.jpg

Gorl with urara mouse appears!! She apologizes on behalf of her crazy fan club and Hop's response is "It's impressive you already have people cheering for you!!" and Marnie smiles a little. That was cute haha.

I finally get some sleep and finally, it's time for the Opening Ceremony!!

LCwMphK.jpg

Oh for fuck's sake. Listen, is this BECAUSE I'm endorsed by Leon? Are you assuming I get as lost as him because I associate with him?? Actually, was Leon the one to set this up?????

I got my uniform for the gym challenge! There's a dramatic zoom shot to show off the outfit and my number and it just-

Wgi0GXD.jpg

lmao whoops. I swear it says 254 under there.

We all know the opening ceremony but I'm gonna post some cool screenshots anyway.

r2a7pOA.jpg
24HnbYe.jpg

The fam!!!

VEgow8E.jpg
6iE8Xyh.jpg

The totally-not-suspicious rich man who has a monopoly on all of the companies in the region appears! He's nice and all until he says "MY company was the one to invent those Dynamax Bands!" even though MAGNOLIA was the one to make the bands for us from raw materials AND is the one doing all the Dynamax research FOR him! EAT THE RICH

He let me have a Corviknight license though so I guess I can at least take what he gives me without remorse.

IjMLjVh.jpg

Wh- Hop! We JUST saw each other! We left from the same ceremony at the same time!! Two minutes ago!! Why didn't you just WALK with me???

1pHpT6D.jpg

The revamped Starter Showdown!!!

Nothing of note happens and I kick his ass.

esY68mp.jpg

You'll EVEN give me one of your league cards?? To me, your BEST and ONLY childhood friend?? Seriously????? I'm about to kick your ass back to Wooloo Land to bring your ego back to earth, fam!

Anyways! It's a new route! Yaaay!!

lROkyVE.jpg
VqdP4if.jpg

.... Yyyaaaaayyyyyyyyy........

Listen here, bitch, this challenge relies on me NOT getting banned from the internet so can you NOT? Now I have to RELEASE this one which means I have to catch ANOTHER GOSSIFLEUR. Y'think Pokeballs grow on trees??

Oh but the multiple captures got Charming to level 16!

3EZWeJf.jpg

Woohoo! First evolution of the run!

df65dsh-af607fa9-f5e7-4463-a7fd-e5ea4c1c3b0a.png

Meanwhile, I apparently hit the hot time for these websites sending hacked Pokemon because it happened TWO MORE TIMES. At this point, I go online to see if there's a stream or something, like, do I just wait a little bit?? I find out that I can block people if their stamp shows up on the stamp list. I was able to block a couple of them but the one I was avoiding the hardest didn't have a stamp up. Personally, that ALSO sounds like hax but honestly it could just be that stamps are lackluster, I dunno.

After deleting two more Pokemon with website nicknames and wasting my zero-badge limited resources on catching two more Gossifleur, I finally feel some hope!

7DNclgE.jpg
Lr1WxKz.jpg

Fam I'm gonna cry.

At least I can send this Mareanie back into the void without wasting another Pokeball and I finally, FINALLY get a valid baby.

ueZH0GK.jpg
JrkPVHs.jpg
sjIEJPc.jpg
WO6kDE1.jpg

df65dss-766d2f50-0c60-4d2d-a35b-a35c480835c3.png

What a fitting name right now. I've recently declared some archenemies of my own and they end in .com!

I briefly considered replacing Salad with Archenemy because Salad can't evolve but... I'll probably keep Salad around for Milo, at least, since even the girls don't evolve until lv. 33. Having a rock/flying type isn't exactly useful for the first two gyms, either.

Well getting that one Pokemon was REALLY exhausting so I'm just gonna....... head back to the hotel and take another nap before continuing...

✨TEAM RECAP✨

004.png

Charming
Level 16
Ability: Solar Power
Item: Charcoal
Moves:
Dragon Breath
Ember
Belly Drum
Ancient Power​
757.png

Salad
Level 14
Ability: Corrosion
Item: None
Moves:
Payback
Smog
Fake Out
Ember​

131.png

Laura's
Level 15
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves:
Life Dew
Water Gun
Freeze-Dry
Sing​
007.png

Squirrel
Level 15
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
Rapid Spin
Bite
Water Pulse
Withdraw​
052-g.png

Mewtwo
Level 14
Ability: Pickup
Moves:
Payback
Pay Day
Metal Claw
Taunt​
133.png

Even
Level 13
Ability: Adaptability
Item: Silk Scarf
Moves:
Swift
Quick Attack
Sand-Attack
Tail Whip​

TheTRUEgge

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
ARCHENEMY MY BELOVED…… what a good baby omg.

NFKSJFJSB love how you talked about always getting lost and then got upset at having league people escorting you. Leon knew, Spacey. He knewwwwwwww

Oh, I forgot that the cafes gave you more than just the sweets! A word of warning, though—the next cafe you’ll encounter is a double battle that’s like 4 levels over the curve for… some reason. It’s terrifying.

GoGoGogoat

Smiles go for miles!
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
he/him/they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
Hello, I am a goat. Pleased to meet you.
I also got some hi-tech earbuds that can somehow control different sounds in the real world, which really is quite hi-tech.

sounds cool until you remember that gamefreak literally hid the music/sfx sliders behind a missable NPC for no reason????? why tho

Wait, POKEMON do the heavy lifting?? Do they get paid?? Do they have a union?????

in galar they gaid paid in experience, which kinda sounds like getting paid in exposure, except for pokemon that actually means getting physically stronger and evolving so I think that makes it less bad? then again they get assigned to these jobs by their trainers so there's a lot of funky implications to unpack here

Wgi0GXD.jpg
Wgi0GXD.jpg

lmao whoops. I swear it says 254 under there.

I want to make a short hair gang joke but my IRL long hair blocks me, so instead I will criticize the uniform designers for putting the number very high up on the shoulders for some reason

Having a rock/flying type isn't exactly useful for the first two gyms, either.

Flying is pretty good for the first gym! pls give archenemy love he is a good boi

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Mworp!!! What a funky little noise Minccino makes. Also typing this comment I realized I had no idea how to spell minccino so I just copied and pasted it from the update
The totally-not-suspicious rich man who has a monopoly on all of the companies in the region appears! He's nice and all until he says "MY company was the one to invent those Dynamax Bands!" even though MAGNOLIA was the one to make the bands for us from raw materials AND is the one doing all the Dynamax research FOR him! EAT THE RICH
EAT THE RICH indeed. At least you get to kick his ass later.

Also Archenemy!! Oooooo!

Users who are viewing this thread