• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Kanto Mixed Media Teen Commentary Hack A broken excursion: Page's FireRed Randomizable 809 (2019) Blindlocke!

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just won’t make cents.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
So welcome back, fellas! I has returned from the mountains, with another hack Nuzrun! This time round we have this, well, so called hack I found out about. Apparently the whole gist of it is that it works differently than you would expect! Yo have to actively randomize the hack with the universal randomizer, and then check some options (not as many options as you would expect, though. I'll plan to show what options are required to not break the game) and then you can actually play the ROM hack!

From between the whole premise of it, and the fact there seems to be some bugs listed both in it's release thread and whatnot, it seems like we will be in for quite a ride. That, and apparently this thing came out 2 years ago... but I can barely find any Nuzlockes for it. So that means this is a Blind run because I have no references, and I pretty much also must do this run because I have a thing for unknown ROM hacks. So without further ado, let's dive in.

A broken excursion: Page's FireRed Randomizable 809 (2019) Blindlocke!

The rules are basically the usual, catch first encounter, permabox anyone who faints, dupes clause, and BS clause even if I doubt that will happen.

"But Emp, m'lad, isn't this"- Now shut your big gap.

The professor wasn't next to a jellyfish in the originals.

...What?

The obligatory potion. I also put in the usual settings but for some reason I didn't screenshot that.

Okay...

Okay...

WOH NOT OKAY those ain't teh rite starters! There is only one way to go...

And that way to go is the only creature of the three that didn't exist in the original.

Also because of the fact it has virtually no typing.

Because seriously, there are no Fairies in the game.

I knew about it because someone pointed it out in this hack's release thread.

And we actually get to see it for ourselves.

So... how exactly do Fairies work here? Well, apparently they hit everything for neutral coverage.

This will be so, so much fun.

You picked the creature that she could hit in the lower defensive stat. AND you thought spamming Defense curl was a good idea.

Not the first encounter, that only happens when we get our balls.

Here it is, real proof that there ain't no Fairies here. Fairy wind doesn't kill, nor is super effective.

Whatever, let's go skip...

To the actual start of the run! Hooray balls! Hooray randomizer! And hooray talking creatures, which will accompany my commentary!
: Yay! I can't wait to see so many interesting creatures!

Although nothing showed up while we got through route 1, we go here, and get our next creature! I can... live with this?

: Look fellas, I know that we...

-Should move on right now. Sure thing, my feathered friend!
: I'll have your head...

But I just caught a new creature, even if he is an assdick.

Yay I guess.

Welcome to the team, coverage!

And this guy too.

I do not appreciate that nature, but I appreciate that free held item.

Now that we used up all the areas, grindan time!

First off, a creature catching tool!

Y'know, your literal other ability prevents confusion.

You are joking. Mine so far never got paralysis with Lick.

In the end I only ground the mons I felt like using.

Now let's get rid of the rival because the game tells us to.

And he starts of with something the mon I sent out has an advantage over.

Well, Lick is kind of an advantage.

You know, you could have fucking had the other ability.

And I nearly thought I needed a sacrifice.

: Hee hee! Tastes like chicken!
In other words, parafusion. And yeah, now we get to have the rival see what confusion really is like.

My licking creature as it stands is just underpowered and most DEFINITELY needs to have a priority in levels.

Ended up switch training using my other underlevelled creature.

Now, WHO was the one who actually got the confusion status from their confusion move? Who was the one who's opponent hit itself CONSTANTLY when they could have had the ability that COMPLETELY PREVENTED THIS. Please.

Seriously, guess who's the one who needs the most priority in levels.

Now we can move on to- oh shit

oh lord

stop stop stop stooooop

I didn't screenshot the whole ordeal for obvious reasons

he just gave me one of every item available in the game

twice because I accidentally talked to him again

what is this

gee thanks a lot pitbull

you gave me everything tonight

hope you're happy

hope everyone is happy

did ya know that the storage even has a limit

did ya also fucking know the storage is somehow leagues smaller than our damn bag

like, how did they even program to boost our bag space

just how, why, what

why am I still talking like this

You know what would have been better? If we got some kind of warning for this.

Like, I dunno, allow all these items to be given out by like, a more important NPC? And not some random fucking trainer I only talked to because I expected him to just talk to me like every other random unimportant NPC?

Wouldn't that be, I dunno, more convenient?

He also gave me every TM and HM, in which I will TRY to not abuse.

And randomized names.

...Let's just pretend that never happened.

So there you have it, the first update! You like what you see, feel free to comment! Actually just comment as a whole because I'd like to hear all your thoughts.

Last edited:

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She and they in no particular order
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
I'd say the game is already borked, but carry on!

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! So here we have another update!

Welcome, everyone, to the next part of our very unbalanced outing, as shown in the last update!
: Hee hee! At least we defeated our rival!
: Yeah, whatever.

: And it's the morning. We just fell asleep and now we will be again?
Actually, I don't think that it's what you are thinking...
: What do you- augh! Gross! It got on my face!

Now onto the gym. He could pretty much have anything at this point.

Yeah, chances are, the creature who desperately needs experience needs to be in front.

Can't remember why I took this screenshot.

A cyclist? I mean, the inside of this gym looks mountainous, but still.

Somehow, Lick does more than Knock off. I think it was a crit, but I'm not sure. I don't know if I should use a legendary counter or not.

And Knock off is indeed boosted in this game, by the way.

All the mons I want to use are about level 15 and I'm sure you cap at level 14.

Actually, it's to move on with the game and see what other weird shit I can get.

What happened to your top percentage you know what? And why are you now a writer?

Nothing to really say about his first creature.

At least we can get some challenge now. I suppose.

Well, I could have stayed in because it was doing nothing but using nothing moves, but then it actually became smart and used Petal dance.

That is true. If you were trying your best, you would be using Petal dance right from the start.

Yay first badge.

Now time for the GAUNTLET OF TRAINERS before we finally get more team members.

This thing has Double team, and used it a bunch, and this happened. The only one who can even stand a chance against this thing is also weak to it.

Thank god for our special bulk.

Just let me get my catch, please!

Finally, yes.
: I am pleased to be of your service.
: So. Why do only select creatures get to talk?

I don't know. Probably because talking creatures isn't really a priority for this run, but hack commentary is.

I'm pretty sure you would have died had you not one shot that thing.
: Possibly.

On a brighter note, our latest team member can fight for herself now!

In case anyone is wondering, getting all those items back in the forest allowed me with this. Because I got literally every item. I don't really need it, though.

Well, boosting defenses quickly may be good, but instant paralysis is better. We learn it.

And now our Mt. Moon catch!
: Can't wait to do so much discovery!
: Even though you could get brutally killed.
: Wha... oh...
: I regret nothing.

Meanwhile, the ghost gets to be trained too! I figured he could be slightly useful in certain situations...

WHAT NO FUCK FUCK WHY

I really thought this thing couldn't touch me, and it spent nearly the whole battle using Fake tears. And then it attacked and now my ghost died.

How does a ghost even die? Is he now a double ghost?

At least grinding the other mon went well.

Dem gangsta.

Or are they fans? Maybe they are fans gone bad? Of fans of the villains'? Or maybe I'm being too literal, they are just blowing fans.

: Further proof on the whole no Fairy deal.

So you can explain things?
: Oh don't mind me. Just doing my job. Y'know, showing that this thing does not have a quad weakness anymore and doesn't die to Magnet bomb. Also because of my low attack and attack decreasing nature.

Well then.

: And this thing lacks Ground moves.

You can learn that? But no.

The only time you will see a matchup like this work.

Care to take a wild guess on which one of these two hit themselves?

But hey, more Ice coverage! That's always a plus! Got rid of Scary face because Thunder wave is basically an actually usable version of that.

: And I immediately get to try it out!

Misclicks are fun! Especially when you meant to select the move that would have knocked it out!

But more importantly I wanted to see which offensive stat is higher. I expected physical but it's higher by only 3 points.

The cave is insanely long, but also insanely easy. The guy beside me had nothing but NFEs.

: And you are-

: OW! He just hit me!
: Well that's unfortunate.
So... want me to file this guy in for animal abuse?

: Nah, I'll just defeat him instead so we can move on!

Good call. Let's really hope these fossils aren't broken when we go to revive them...

Now that we have all the TMs, all of which are reusable, these guys are pretty pointless.

This guy too, but I would not have used him anyway because his move has bad accuracy.

First encounter in the next area is this bell thing... okay then, can't really complain.

And so we fight the rival...

Next time!

Alright, that's all for now. Feel free to leave comments! Either for ways to improve my run or to react to either my commentary or this hack!

Last edited:

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry

Sorry for taking a while to update. We were on the rival, yes?

We were on the part where he gets licked to death, yes?

But we still needed reinforcements because of course we do.

: Why does he call himself our rival when he's such a joke?
: I dunno but- *kaff* next time don't let me fight a mushroom.

Okay, wait. I just remembered that that thing is part Grass. So it resists everything we have.
: True that.

: But it can't do much when- why did you interrupt me?
I really need to stop relying on you to finish things that were meant for other teammates.
: Well it isn't my fault that everyone is so useless.

You mean my OP owl needs to take it easy.

Aaaaand time for another gauntlet. I'm sure everyone is ridiculously underlevelled so nothing bad will happen.

Hooray for STAB I guess.

No, I'm getting bored because all of you are uselessly weak.

Okay maybe except for the last trainer, but still.

The last trainer had something nobody could hit super effectively and we still destroyed him.

Whatever, let's go catch our route 24 encounter. I'm fine with it I suppose.

Of course this was my second encounter, although I do already have two backup Psychics, so there is always that.

But suddenly, this thing has Technician!

And an exceptionally good nature too. Because Technician boosts Mach punch, Mach punch's priority means no need for speed, and I'd rather not lose Sp.attk because I planned to use ,my Giga drain TM on her.

So does everyone her run top percentage mice?

Anyway, we made it to this part.

How did you know my real name!
Because I'm very smart! Smart enough to have made plenty devices to help you, and smart enough that I made a device that accidentally transformed me into a creature when I tried to use it!

Sooo... you're saying...
I'll do anything to repay you if you get me out of this mess!

Okay so, I press this button and...

Well, I don't think you can give me your ticket since, y'know, that part at the beginning where we got every single item, including key items, so that means I already have an SS ticket.

Access to my ENTIRE lab! How about that!
Whoa... really?
Yes! Meaning you can use my device to see human forms of your creatures!
Okay then, but-
Or you can use my computer to download a special translator for your team!
Hm? You mean...

What the- WHOA!
: Wait... so we talk like this now?
: Now the readers will know which mon is talking! But weren't we like this before?

We were, but I decided to go edit the older updates anyway, regardless, this is great! All right! that is definitely an upgrade!

But is it yours either?

Alright, so now...

We catch a slug thing. This wasn't the grunt's mon. This was our first encounter on the next route.

We actually caught all of these in the routes around us and we will use them all for now.

Also means we sill start a bit of a rotation.

Time for some grinding.

And by grinding, I mean this.

He will definitely evolve into something weird and unexpected...

Nah he still evolves into this weird haired bird.

Yeah, Attract, I didn't think I'd find anything more than just STABs and Earthquake.

Seems to work pretty well though.

I know I can kill it with a Fire move anyway, but it's still fun to try out.

Oh yeah, give me some of that. I know exactly what that is.

:datass::datass::datass:

Mr. officer, I think your mons both have something about my, well, you know what.

Can you take a wild guess on what I did next?

Oh yes, a burn. It would not have killed otherwise, that is very good.

Because the other option was Harden, and you can tell how useful Harden would have been on that.

: Something weak to many of my moves... something I saw comming.

Somehow I never used the VS seeker I already had beforehand. Of course now, especially since I'm training more team members, I'm gonna use it more often.

And we get the rest of our encounters.

FFFFFF how did this happen.

And so there you have it! My planned team for the time being, a rotation team of TEN mons, all of which I am proud of.

Now, you may be wondering why Claydol is there since it was in the box originally.

And the reason is because Feraligatr fucking died. While grinding him up, he was up against a trainer’s Swanna. I believe they were on the same level and both of them traded hits with each other. Feraligatr could have won, but then Swanna used a crit Wing attack on him which got the kill.

It really stings, because if Gatr was still alive, I would use him as a reference as the one that one of the rivals used in my original Glazed run. It was gonna be so much fun but now I can’t do it no more.

But before we go on a boat and possibly also the 2nd gym, we use this team for the time being.

Aaaand that's a wrap! Don't expect any updates to soon because I am nearly caught up with the game, I have only about 30 screenshots left and then the documentation is up to date with the game. See you next time!

Last edited:

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
I was gonna state that you should change some of the colors for your talking Mons because one of the colors (on Dark Theme, which I use anyway) was basically unreadable, but then you changed how dialogue works to something far better.

This definitely seems like it'll be a strange adventure. RIP Oxygen, we took ye for granted, and lost you too soon.

Anyways, good luck!

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Yeah, I figured that I was most definitely gonna drop the coloured text on mons deal sooner or later. I was personally starting to not like it too because I was worried other users would either not understand which mon has what colour or they would find it uncomfortable to read. I’m even considering editing the older updates to use this new style.

Anyhoo, thanks for the reply! Now enjoy the ride!

Also, I meant to also add commentary to some of the last few screenshots that lacked it. I thought I would just edit it later, which is what I’m gonna do now!

Last edited:

REDalchemist

S.P.D. Jack Landors
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Whomst
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.
I didn't know there were other 809 romhacks other than radical red. (big fan of kermit seis btw)

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Thanks a ton, I appreciate it! Both for my avatar and the run! So sorry it's taking a while, I've been either, well, playing this run or just being lazy. But expect some updates soon because I did play a bunch!

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Alright, sorry for the wait! I decided to try and play more of the game before making more updates, and while I'm not done yet, I have enough content to last a while!

: Everything is randomized and therefore we will get something different with that rod.

Correct! And I know just the place!

And by the place, I meant outside the boat, because we can't get anymore encounters from here once the ship sets sail.

Haven't even used this thing yet and I'm already impressed.

...And yes, I didn't pick male, so this hits differently.

What's a type advantage and can I eat it?

And here we go, freaking Dragon rage. And most of the team can't take two of these, as seen from above.

Thank god things didn't go too south.

: Although we kind of have to fight you for grinding.

LavaNotBee is definitely quite the destroyer if I must say so myself.

But I decided to take a break from the boat because I don't want to get overlevelled for the next gym.

So... does it do it's stuff by flopping onto you?

: By the looks of it, most definitely!

Onto the gym, where-GOD GET BACK HERE.

Couldn't remember what I was gonna say for this part.

Really, what is a type advantage and do I eat it with bread?

: Poor thing only knows resisted attacks, which were nerfed...

Oh and these guys did some action too.

A move that actually has power AND can heal me? Yeah hard decision...

Okay, my mistake. We only moved on to take the gym slightly later.

These too.

Okay, NOW we take on the gym.

'Tamer'

And you probably don't even have one on your team.

All the leaders are writers now. Uh...

Yes, not a single point of damage was taken. Both were one shots.

Now back to the boat- I mean the rival.

Yeah, sure, a 'fan'.

And he then got bodied.

Woah shit! Physical Grass STAB that is boosted by our ability? I had no idea!

I don't think Sturdy is supposed to work that way, but still!

And that's a wrap! See you all next time when we actually make progress!

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
Ooh, a Firered hack with all (pre-Galar) Pokémon? As an enthusiast of Randomizer runs, I definitely gotta try this one out some day.

Darn shame seeing Oxygen go out like that. Feraligatr is one of my favorite starters...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)