• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Want to get a banner into the adspace for yourself? Submissions for new banners are open until September 30th!
  • The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • This month's feature has an ANIMATED TRAILER and a backpack shaped like a spheal, what more could you ask for? Read Endurance: In Our Blood by purplechug!
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

💎 Hidden Gems Showcase — Discussion!

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Howdy and hey, Nuzlockers! And welcome to the second ever:

IMG_3742.png

The Hidden Gem Showcase originated from a demand for a 'Hidden gem' category in the Extravaganza. But as the potential would be stifled by the voting format of the event, it became an event of its very own! The first event received an outpouring of love from users for content they wanted to showcase! And thanks to some great feedback, the event is back this time better than before.

The schedule for the event has been extended due to the request for more time to now cover a whole week, with multiple days for each part of the event. The schedule for the Hidden gems Showcase can be found below, with links to each of the threads. If you can't access the link... Well, it's not open yet! Be patient.

SUNMONTUEWEDTHUFRISAT
FREE-FOR-ALL​

The event also has its own set of rules below. If you need any clarification about the rules, this thread is the place to ask it!!

RULES said:
• Any run that received a GOLD or SILVER medal in 2020 or 2021’s Extravaganza may not take part in the Hidden Gems Showcase. You can find an ineligibility list in the spoiler below.
• Runs whose highest placements were either a bronze medal or honorable mention are welcome to take part!
• There is no limitation on the number of promotions you may post or the size they may be. There is also no limitation to how many posts you may make, so feel free to break up multiple promotions however you wish (within reason; if the system flags you for spam for rapid-fire posting 5 messages, you're on your own /hj).
• Promotions are not limited to just Nuzlocke runs. Creative content, hacks, and blogs may also be promoted!
• To participate in the Self-Promo period, you must have posted a promotion for somebody else.
Comics

What the Water Gave Me // effsnares
Finding Balance // ima

Penumbra // TwistedEerie
Deadly Syns // SysterSyn

Pandemonium in Johto // novamallow
Sunlocke // TheTRUEgge

Soul Brothers // Gecko
Jet's Black Nuzlocke // Zero

Leftovers // Pcaara
Rangers of Sky // solaris127h & GreyCorsola

Godless Lands // vizarding
Finding Your Roots // Salt&PepperBunny

Autumn in Sinnoh // Nessi
Rainbow Tour // mizar

Kurukkoo! // Kadew

Finding Balance // ima
Dear Sergio // feraligatr

By the Sword // SnakeEyesDraws
Severance // Winterspheonix

Simple // sealclown
First Summer // Krisantyne

Tala's Nuzlocke Adventure // TalaSeba
Burn Away // snooze
Sundowner // Dschubba

For What It's Worth // ratrascal
Blooming Glory // Spacey

Undertow // Riboo

French's Fire Red Nuzlocke // french-teapot
Milos from Home // Agent Nein

Written

All Our Futures // SayleeK
The Hippocratic Oath // Spectacles

Behold, A Pale Horse! // localhoney
Three's a Crown // Missy

Come Hell Or High Water // Whozawatcha

The Quiet Dark // Erberor
Hands of Time // SimplyUnknown
Secrets of Aetherai: Ori's Gift // Trollkitten

SOMEWHERE IN UNOVA // aegagrusScholarship
Darkest Day // bhelryss
Unova After Dark // AerialAce40
Sindignity // AstroDeath

Colossus // GarishGarchomp
Nothing to See Here // crashcrashcrash

Let Them Eat Cake // SprungGeoduck
An Arduous, Atoning, and Amazing Adventure // QuietGuardian
Legends of Hoenn // Corviknight best birb

The Dark We Carry // Dee
Don't Evolve // Faleep
Greens, Eggs, and Ham // Uberle

dandelion // Aurea

Ghost in the Machine // Whozawatcha
Lost in the Stream // AstroDeath
Call of the Divines // llyarden

Brotherhood // Bowser's Family Vacation
I Don't Wanna Be Your Anymore // Beach Episode

Don't Fear The Reaper // Wwarborday

Peakbound // Bramble
Where You Belong // cyndakip

On the Run // Garish Garchomp

Looking Backward // glancesherlock
This is a Low // Garish Garchomp

Brick by Boring Brick // glancesherlock

Trainer-watching // Flop disc
Family; or, Proposals and Forever // Thirteenth

SSWL

The Monstrosity // Spectacles
Fuzzball // Hallow

Dust In The Wind 3 // Erberor
Ashes of Glory // pikafan96
Paper Bowser and the Thousand-Year Grind // Bowser's Family Vacation

Via Memory Lane III // SayleeK
Pain // Kit_The_Feef

Dee's Grand Adventure // Dee
Alola Exp-lore-ation // QuietGuardian

The Terribly-Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation // Derogatory Trainer

You Can Now Play As Luigi // lucas2 and lineonthepaper
Game of Chance: White 2.0 // Master Bryss

GBB's Sixlocke Series // greenbeanbottle

Snuff Out The Light // Mattman234
Liberty or Death // ActiveTransport
Translucent Legends // Memento

Breakin' the Lore // mewstein

GoT-ta Catch 'em All! // Spectacles
Sinnoh After Dark // Violenceman

Dearly Me! // Master Bryss
Insurgence Hard Mode // antingaround

Ultra Moon Wedlocke // pikasphere

Cycle of Hurting // Obelisk

Back to Basics // pikafan96

One Man's Trash // Pika
Falkner is a terrible gym leader (but a decent trainer) // Sunny in the Valley

Beware, We Sting // Memento

And hey, we want to thank you all for showing up and making this event happen. Now go and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
And here is where I crack the champagne bottle on this fine ship of an event. Welcome in everyone! And a small announcement.

If you are hooked up to our Discord bot, you may have noticed a message about a Boulder Badge slipping through to you! While you weren't supposed to see that yet, you can see it now: Badges are live! All participants in the event will be receiving a shiny new Hidden Gem badge for their profile. There are some postbit designs in the pipeline to bring this feature into your sidebar in the future, so you can collect this badge and many more for a variety of events and miscellanea.

unknown.png

I hope you enjoy the event, and I look forward to everyone's promotions!

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
coming into this thread and seeing the first post dated as august 11th had me thinking i missed the whole thing for a second xD

OP
Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
coming into this thread and seeing the first post dated as august 11th had me thinking i missed the whole thing for a second xD
Oh no, haha sorry I have been writing up and doing work for this event for a hot second now. I probably should have thought to change the dates on the post, too.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
How the Stars Aligned by @Bowser's Family Vacation: An excellent take on PLA in which the denizens of Johto and Sinnoh take matters into their own hands instead of waiting for a savior.
Thank you for promo-ing me. 🥺 Grad school also has me in a stranglehold, but I'm almost finished with my other run, so I should be returning to writing this soon!!!

Arowana

fish
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon likes to follow their whims wherever they may take them.
did you guys know that we could quote from other threads or am I the only one who discovered we could through this event

Return by @Arowana

Same case as Revive, I don't think that I have anything to add, but!! It's great!! Like in evergreen above, there's a brand-new cast, and ahh don't get me started on how much I love them. The characters so far have shown to be full of emotion, and the pokemon are no exception, too. Even though we aren't out of Twinleaf and its surroundings yet, it's certain that things'll turn upside down at some moment, mostly due to Raven's unknown past. Long story short, it's the perfect time to catch up with this!
hi shishi!!! thank you so much for reccing my run 😭😭😭 I really really appreciate it, you and Green Tea made my day!

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
i'm sorry i lied i do eat baguette sometimes
did you guys know that we could quote from other threads or am I the only one who discovered we could through this event
i knew already, haha :p the multiquote feature is insanely good
edit: nuuuu don't cry xD

Last edited:

xayshade

xayshade
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 26, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Doodling when should be responsible, don't expect this Pokemon to be consistent it only sees sunlight once a month.
Alright I made a fairly big list of nuzlocke comics I adore, but I try and keep it a bit limited this time unlike extravaganza. And to avoid overlap I'll be mentioning nuzlockes that havent been featured in this thread yet :>

The Last Winter By @xayshade

The last Winter is a Black 2 nuzlocke, and while it's just starting out, it's already looking very promising. It got a stunning artstyle, wonderful pokémon designs. And the battle choreography is amazing. ~
It's pretty new so if you're looking for something to catch up on quick it's worth following right now.

Time to PROMO SOME AWESOME COMICS, Y'ALL

The Last Winter - A Black 2 Challenge Mode Nuzlocke by @xayshade : This comic is still pretty new and in the very early stages of the story, but it already looks so promising! The art style is STELLAR, like seriously, that's one of my favorite aspects of this comic. It has such a unique edge to it and the way the action is drawn is so fluid and eye-catching. I also really like the dynamic between the protag and the aptly-named Pride the Snivy. Clashing personalities are always juicy. You'll want to keep your eye on this up-and-coming comic!

I just want to say Thanks you guys. Like I'm in barnes and noble tearing up ok. I didnt think anyone would like my little comic and I just appreciate yall liking it and shouting me out.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
HEY @Bowser's Family Vacation YOU CAN'T JUST PROMO ME AND THEN HAVE THE PING NOT GO THROUGH....... IM SOBBING TY VERY MUCH AA

(also it's your fault that I've emailed my professor that FFC NPC. i've gotta know what he says now)

• Haha
Reactions: Bug

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
It didn't go through??? D: Oh my gosh, yes, please update me on what your professor says.

Gecko

Pure of heart, dumb of ass
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
An awkward lil reptile who is just trying her best.
I just want to say Thanks you guys. Like I'm in barnes and noble tearing up ok. I didnt think anyone would like my little comic and I just appreciate yall liking it and shouting me out.
One of the main characters is a stinky bastard reptile (affectionate.) I was bound to love it :P

OP
Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
I hope everyone is enjoying the Hidden Gems Showcase so far! Reminder, today is the last day to post promotions until the Free-For-All. Self-promotions are also opening today!

DistortionLocke

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Anxious, sweet-toothed writer who hides amongst the papers. Only attacks when provoked.
Thank you for the promo @Arowana!!!😭

MegaInfernape

Wisher for the Return of Megas
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 13, 2022
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Has a very erractic mind. It is not uncommon for it to be seen moving from one activity or project to another.
Hope is never lost by @MegaInfernape The Kalos Storylocke fever is real, and this run alonside Revive is one of the reasons of that.
Aside from that, this Gijinka run has a creative premise of a group of people trying to overtake a monarchy, Good stuff.
Yoooo thanks for the promo! I didn't know you read HINL!

OP
Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
Howdy everyone! The promotions thread will now be locked until the Free-For-All. Thank you all so much, these promotions are amazing!

OP
Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
The Fanworks portion is live! This is the last portion of the event before the Free-For-All, so if you feel like you missed your chance on any part of the event, get ready!

OP
Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
It's that time folks, for the final day of the Hidden Gems Showcase! The last day is a Free-For-All, which means all the threads are open, so this is your last chance before the event closes for the year.

Thank you all so much for making it a great event. I can't mention you all, but I see you here and it means a lot. Have fun! 💎

OP
Bug

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
Good morning, I'm up, I'm awake, I swear it.

Thank you all for coming to the Hidden Gems Showcase! It was a pleasure to work on this event and bring it back again this year, to see everyone come in and enjoy it. All threads aside from discussion will be locked and left pinned until the next big event, in which everything but the discussion and table of contents will be left pinned for ease of access and visibility.

As we close out this event, I would ask for a few moments of your time to fill out a survey about your thoughts on the event. The survey results from last year went a long way in influencing how this year's event was constructed, as it let us know what was good and what could be improved.

Thank you all again, you're stunning gems. Have fun, and happy nuzlocking!

Users who are viewing this thread