• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Play by Post Your Icon Is Now a Pokémon

Thread Description
design a fakemon

ajpl

Igi
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
It stalks prey from the shadows, trotting along behind trainers on their journey.
Tell me about your new 'mon. Go as deep into mechanics or flavor as you like! Physical description, typing, ability, moves--anything goes!

thread inspired by TrueZero2's icon (it made me think of Gallade and Bisharp, and those colors are just too good)

Edit: Excellent entries yall :'O

--

4jpl■■■

Glitch Pokémon

Rendered in battle as a large black square, with ribbons of constantly animating flickering pixels. Its cry is a steady hum that plays throughout the entire encounter. Its typing changes randomly each time you enter a battle.

In Gen VI, it has a chance of playing the Mega Evolution animation on its turn, to no effect.

Type - N/A (Random)
Ability - Pixilate
Moveset - Bullet Punch, Wring Out, Perish Song, Struggle

Last edited:

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
My icon inspired this? OK. Rolling with it. My Avatar is Kamen Rider Build by the way, it's a fun show.

(No idea about the name)

Mixed Pokemon

Has been known to appear in various colours and with various tools. There has been no examples found in a single colour.

Type: Fighting
Ability: Adaptability
Moveset: Lock On, High Jump Kick, Mega Kick, Transform

kittenrobotarmy

haha fell cleave go smash
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Has sold her soul to so many games that the Devil is getting real pissed. Also adores cats.
Astralange

Type: Fighting/Fairy
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Focus Blast, Dazzling Gleam, Focus Energy, Destiny Bond

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
Fakemon, eh? Well.....

Makino
The Delinquent Pokemon
Grass/Fighting
Ability: Scrappy/Defiant (HA: Harvest)
Appearance: A small, pony-like Pokémon; appears to have a mossy pelt covered in orange flowers and tangled brown mane with lots of pink flower buds. Eyes are partially hidden; when visible, are dark green and look rather angry.

Pokédex entries:
‘Considered unruly and impossible to train. Individuals lurk around farms, stealing whatever they can, and are known to take down even full grown Stoutland with a single kick.’

‘These Pokémon are never seen in groups, or in the company of a family. Some observers insist these Pokémon can be friendly, if approached without hostility.’

Cry is somewhere between a whinny and a thunderclap.

Moveset: Double Kick, Leech seed, Wide Guard, Leaf Blade.

Does have an evolution...

The Lightning Flower Pokémon
Grass/Electric

Abilities: Lightning Rod (HA: Friend Guard)

Evolution method: Use a Thunderstone on a Makino with maxed friendship and affection. Team must also include a Normal type, Ice type, Fire type and Fairy type at the time.

Appearance: A large, majestic horse-like Pokémon, with a golden headpiece that has a long, spiralling horn at the center of the forehead. Body flowers are now white and gold; mane and tail are longer (and tidier), blooming with pink roses.

Pokédex entries:
‘Makino nurtured by kind companions and exposed to a certain crystal are said to reach unimaginable strength. They will stop at nothing to protect the innocent and the ones they hold dear.’

‘The headpiece both draws and discharges lightning. Their flowers are said to restore strength and hope to anyone who holds them.’

Signature Moves:
Thunder Crash: 2-turn move. The user draws in all electricity from the surrounding area, concentrating it into a single devastating blast. (The user takes recoil equal to 1/3 of the damage dealt. Same BP as hyper beam, Electric-type. 50% chance of inflicting paralysis.)

Petal Cyclone: Sacrificing its physical attack and Defense some, the user heals its allies and creates barriers to protect them. (The user’s physical Defense and Attack each drop by two stages. Sets up Reflect and Light Screen, heals non-volatile status ailments and sets up Grassy Terrain)

Moveset: Leaf Blade, Helping Hand, Petal Cyclone, Thunder Crash.

Last edited:

Mattman324

Blame this on the misfortunes of your birth.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
Gold Arm
The Gold Leaguer Pokemon
Dark/Steel
Ability: basically Dhelmise’s but for Electric instead of Steel

Dex Entry: “A former villain, he now understands the value of sportsmanship. Alongside his brothers, he’s nearly unstoppable.”

Notably focused on either physical moves or moves thrown from the user, though he does have a few Wind based attacks and a very small but useful suite of Electric moves.

Also gets Lightning Crash and Supernova Formation

DoctorRosalia

The human half of some blue dude
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Some dude got stabbed with a sword and here this Pokemon is, alive, angery, and two days old
Veragility
The Powerful Pokemon
Steel/Dark
Ability: Full metal body/Infiltrator (HA: Justified)

Evolved from Spardini when leveled up to lvl 25, and is the only Pokemon in the party. Otherwise, it will evolve into Dantae.

Pokedex entry: This Pokemon strives for more and more power. The sword it holds has the ability to cut through anything, and it tends to teleport with it. Its main goal in life is to bring a Dantae to its knees.

Evolves into Neloante, and can be split apart into Vi-Cri and Uri-Cri by its signature move, Unbind Chains.

fluffyspy

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Mine is just regular Meowth but it's susceptible to Attract regardless of the opposing opponent's gender. Also, it knows Taunt.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
DJ Mary and Eusine are now some weird Ditto/Suicune combination.

Type: Water/Normal
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Pressure

Moveset: Transform, Water Gun, Extrasensory, Confuse Ray

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Name: Kingoopa
Species: The Spike Shell Pokemon
Abilities: Anger Point, Battle Armor (HA: Aftermath)
Type: Dragon/Fire

This one in particular has a Naughty nature and has the moves Spiky Shield, Thief, Dragon Claw, and Flamethrower.

Name: Goopa
Abilities: Defiant, Contrary (HA: Emergency Exit)
Type: Dragon

Name: Skegoopa
Abilities: Flash Fire, Flame Body (HA: Cursed Body)
Type: Dragon/Ghost

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
Kabustone
Species: The Stone Portrait Pokemon
Abilities: Battle Armor / Sturdy
Type: Rock
Dex Entry: A foolish Stone that decided to pose as a Kabuto not knowing that it was already extinct by the time it was disguised, Scientists at first assumed it was a regional variant however they were incorrect.

SilverLeafeon75

Lurker extrodanaire
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ice
Pokédex Entry
A rarity in the wild, this creature is timid, yet curious. They tend to crack jokes, especially puns, and hate being out in the heat.
I'm already have a Pokemon pfp, so, I guess an alt shiny Leafeon?

ajpl

Igi
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
It stalks prey from the shadows, trotting along behind trainers on their journey.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@SilverLeafeon75

Galar Regional Variant Leafeon?

Autumn Leafeon designs are the best. 😊

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
I call this "Literally just three Zoruas but two of them have their faces cut off because I'm terrible at editing" (update 8-10-19: ya boy finally learned how to use Photopea lol)

"Just three Zoruas" for short.

It has the exclusive event move of "Donut," which heals the user to full. The ability is "Swagmaster" which causes the opponent to have -10% accurac on their moves because they're aiming for the ridiculous sunglasses (which you can't even see on two of the Zoruas because again, faces cut off).

It works like a Hydreigon, the main guy controlling everything and the two other ones who are just there for muscle, although anatomy-wise it's more like a Magneton or a Dugtrio. How does the main guy control the others? Who knows. Telepathy maybe?

Last edited:

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French

Nº888​
Rubombee
Type​
Bug - Ghost
Species​
The Moth Butterfly Pokémon
Abilities​
Honey Gather - Emergency Exit
Hidden: Grass Maker
Egg Group​
Undiscovered
Hatch Time​
Just hug it.
Nature​
Quirky
Favorite Move​
Pollen Puff

sugar heart

nono morikubo is a qt
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
hello, i like idols.

type: grass/fairy
female only
ability: run away
exp group: fluctuating
egg group: humanshape
egg cycles: 10
move sample: quick attack, magical leaf, withdraw, screech
pokedex entry: they are deathly afraid of humans, and often hide in safe places such as up a tree, or in the ground.

evolves into doyakubo with max friendship.

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Joke's on you, my icon is already a Pokémon.

Alright, so Twila. She's actually a character of mine, the oldest I still have, originating from waaaaaaaay back on PF1, before I was even on the original Nuzforums. She started off as a simple palette swap of Espeon and Umbreon, using their... I wanna say Emerald sprites? Back when I first started playing with sprite editing. She's gone through numerous changes since then, gaining additional Umbreon traits like its glowing rings (and a glow to her gem to replace the ring on Umbreon's forehead), and eventually swapping to the palette of a shiny Umbreon to better fit her new backstory (though I still keep her old color palette around as an AU, I guess, because I'm attached to it. Nostalgia be like that, yknow), but for better or worse, she still has that same basic concept from when I was a kid.

Type: Psychic/Dark
Ability: Synchronize
Height: 3'01"
Weight: 58.9 lbs.
Egg Group: Field
Moveset sample: Psybeam, Swift, Moonlight, Dark Pulse
Base Stats:
HP -
Atk -
Def -
Sp. Atk -
Sp. Def -
Spd -
Total: 525

According to her backstory, Twila is, essentially, what occurs when an Eevee with high friendship evolves at sunset. Taking the initial form of an Espeon in terms of general body shape along with the remaining daylight, but the colors of an Umbreon as the last rays slip over the horizon. The opposite would hold true of an Eevee evolving at sunrise, taking the body shape of an Umbreon with the colors of an Espeon though honestly it's less visually appealing to me so I never bothered with it lmao. Eevees who evolve in this fashion gain the typings of both Eeveelutions, becoming Psychic/Dark types (or Dark/Psychic in the case of one evolving at sunrise), as well as a mixed learnset taking pieces from both Pokémon's - For instance, learning Pursuit upon evolving and Moonlight at level 33, like Umbreon, but Swift at level 17 and Psybeam at level 20, like Espeon. TM compatibility is largely the same between the two canonical species, so just for ease of use they can learn all the TMs from each side. However, they cannot have a Hidden Ability - Even if evolving from an Eevee with Anticipation, its ability becomes Synchronize, due to the hybrid inheriting both occurrences of it from Espeon and Umbreon's normal abilities. Sunset evolvers gain Umbreon's good Sp. Def while retaining Espeon's good Sp. Atk and Speed, but at the cost of not only retaining Espeon's piss-poor physical stats, but even taking a hit to them as well to knock them down to 525 like the rest of the Eeveelutions. Between that and their quad weakness to Bug... let's just say don't put them up against anything with Megahorn.
This form or a sunrise form, the Espeon-colored Umbreon hybrid, would occur at random with a 50/50 shot when leveled up with high friendship with both a Sun Shard and Moon Shard in the bag.

It should be noted that Twila is, explicitly, a shiny Pokémon, having been one as an Eevee and retaining that trait upon evolution - Other theoretical Umbreon-colored Espeon hybrids like her would retain the coloration they would normally have upon evolving into an Umbreon (i.e. looking like Twila if they're shiny, having yellow rings/gem and red eyes if not, etc.), and the same goes for Espeon-colored Umbreon hybrids retaining the colors of the Espeon they would have become.

Long story short, hybrids might be lowkey cliché and basic but they're fun so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

satanicswirlix

Don't forget to bring a towel!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon's interests change more often than her pantalones. She's currently working on an animated nuzlocke, but we all know how that'll turn out!
B-But... my icon already is a Pokemon!

Fukayu - The Token Pikachu Clone of Gen 8 Pokemon
Electric/Poison Type
Egg Group: Nobody wants to breed with this bastard!
Ability: Comatose/Insomnia
HA: Crippling Regret (The Pokemon feels immense guilt, making him unable to battle sometimes)

This Pikachu is a shell of his former self. Once a famous mascot of a beloved series, Fukayu now spends his time wallowing in his own self pity. Instead of obsessing over ketchup bottles, he constantly drinks whiskey.

Moves: Real Tears, Tiny Bolt of Thunder, Rest, Belch, Attract

His signature move, Real Tears, causes Fukayu to crawl into a ball and cry for 3-5 moves. This inflicts damage onto himself.

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.
Sonic The Hedgehog, obviously.

Normal/Flying-type.
Ability: Speed Boost.
Sample moves: Extreme Speed, Agility, Aerial Ace, Rollout, Flame Wheel, Etc.
In a manner similar to a Primal Reversion, transforms into Super Sonic at the start of a battle when holding Chaos Emeralds.

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure they're French
figured i could update this ;D

Nº888​
Rubombee
Type​
Bug - Ghost
Species​
The Moth Butterfly Pokémon
Abilities​
Honey Gather - Emergency Exit
Hidden: Grassy Surge
Egg Group​
Undiscovered
Hatch Time​
Just hug it.
Nature​
Quirky
Moves​
Pollen Puff - Acrobatics - Energy Ball - Ominous Wind

Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 3, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Poison, Clever
Pokédex Entry
pangolin says trans rights
Boomalin/Bangolin/Kabangolin
Rock/Fire evolutionary line
Abilities:
Boomalin: Shell Armor, Pickup, Hidden: Steam Engine
Bangolin: Shell Armor, Iron Head, Hidden: Aftermath
Kabangolin: Shell Armor, Weak Armor, Hidden: Sand Rush
Sample Moves: Withdraw, Selfdestruct, Fire Charge, Rock Tomb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)