• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Fan Thread What's your Favorite rom hacks?

Thread Description
A thread to talk about fan created pokemon games we really enjoyed.

Azelf

Don't mind me...
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is too lazy too make any creative shit, and would sitting down like a sack of potatoes and play video games.
I haven't played a lot of rom hacks (only a few), but out of the few ones I've played, Crystal Clear is by far my favourite one. Not only is it surprisingly compatible with Gen 7 and Pokebank (if you hack your 3DS like I did), but it takes the gameplay of Gen 2 and turns it into an open-world game where I can take on any Gyms at any order I'd want. As a fan of open-world games (I'm unashamed to say that Skyrim is my favourite game. :yay:), this feels like the Pokemon game I never thought I would've wanted. Also the fact that you can catch all 251 Pokemon in Gen 2, including the event-exclusive ones, have a legal check for Mew to be transferred to Gen 7, a trade-back guy who would let you evolve Pokemon like Haunter and Porygon,Pokemon being able towalk with you in the overworld...It felt like this rom hack was nothing more but a fantasy until I've played it.

genderqueer gorehound

i used 2 be grunty
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
I maintain Scorched Earth as probably the most solid FireRed hack out there on the web right now. Only issue is that it was hosted on the old Nuzforums and I have no clue if the files are still available.

Alba Corbina

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
The only fangame I've tried is Omicron, which is a New Region game. The writing isn't always great, but the level curve is actually reasonable so there isn't an obnoxious amount of grinding.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
even if i wasn't doing an insurgence run right now.... i'd say it's between any drayano hack (we pretend fire red omega doesn't exist! it's a crime) and... well, insurgence. dray's difficulty hacks and pokemon buffs make the game fun and fresh, and insurgence is well... insurgence. lots of content.

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fighting
I'm trying out a hack called pokemal, the premise of which is basically removing all the Pokemon and enlacing them with real, honest-to-god animals. It's currently in beta, and I'm only past the fourth gym, but I'm really liking it so far.

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
Pokemon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon from Dio vento still my favorite Pokemon hack until this day. Aside offering assortments of many Pokemon that couldn't be normally found in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon series, the challenge is INCREDIBLY REAL. Even if you are not doing a Nuzlocke challenge on it. Also if you loves to hunting Shiny mons through Masuda method, this hack makes the eggs hatch much faster, so I recommend ya to try it at least once.

Also...I like Pokemon Insurgence and Pokemon Clover too, as well.

War Anvil

Did you get all those Chaos Emeralds?
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Cool, Cute
Pokédex Entry
Suddenly just started making maps for something called a SRB2.
Renegade Platinum is nuckin' futs - and I say that as a compliment.

You get hard but not entirely punishing boss fights that require you to strategize instead of just rolling over enemies with the right type, and every Pokémon in Gen 4 is readily available, making for a diverse experience for any Nuzlocker!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)