• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Happy new forum! We decided this was a golden opportunity for us to feature a fresh new imported run!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Fan Thread What's your Favorite rom hacks?

Thread Description
A thread to talk about fan created pokemon games we really enjoyed.

Azelf

BANJO GANG RISE UP
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is too lazy too make any creative shit, and would sitting down like a sack of potatoes and play video games.
I haven't played a lot of rom hacks (only a few), but out of the few ones I've played, Crystal Clear is by far my favourite one. Not only is it surprisingly compatible with Gen 7 and Pokebank (if you hack your 3DS like I did), but it takes the gameplay of Gen 2 and turns it into an open-world game where I can take on any Gyms at any order I'd want. As a fan of open-world games (I'm unashamed to say that Skyrim is my favourite game. :yay:), this feels like the Pokemon game I never thought I would've wanted. Also the fact that you can catch all 251 Pokemon in Gen 2, including the event-exclusive ones, have a legal check for Mew to be transferred to Gen 7, a trade-back guy who would let you evolve Pokemon like Haunter and Porygon,Pokemon being able towalk with you in the overworld...It felt like this rom hack was nothing more but a fantasy until I've played it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)