• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

What's the story behind your username?

Lucas

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/She/Him/Her
My name is Lucas but only online. It came from Lueq (lu-ek) but figured Lucas worked better and was easier to say.

Funen1

If you're alive, you can keep moving!
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
My name comes from my earliest days learning Japanese, over a decade ago. I was also getting more familiar with Smash at the time, and one of the characters that interested me the most aesthetically was the Ice Climbers, as I'm a fan of cold weather. Unoriginal person I was back then lol, I also imagined what a fire-based Ice Climbers would be like, and how their hammers wouldn't burst into flame. Thus I looked up what the Japanese word for this was: ふねん (funen), or "incombustibility". The fire-based Ice Climbers idea naturally died out quickly, but I kept the word as a new online name for myself. The "1" at the end is actually not just something slapped on either: it's supposed to give the name the context of "the one not burned", again related to my love of cold weather. But everyone drops it anyway and I'm used to it by now lol, so whatever.

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
When I was still pretty new to Nuzlocking, I caught an Abra in Granite Cave during an Emerald Nuzlocke and was really excited since... well, it's an Abra! I figured it needed a unique name, since at that point, I'd really only ever given my Pokemon standard human names. So, I literally just picked out random-ish letters to form a word that looked pronounceable and ended up with "Xerxos". The original Xerxos evolved to a Kadabra and eventually died - I think I actually ended up abandoning the run since I couldn't find the save file, but that's neither here nor there. When I was starting my next run, I figured I should use the name "Xerxos" for my player character, since it seemed cool and using my real name was getting boring. Ever since then, I've been Xerxos online! If you ever stalked my name history back on Zetaboards, you'd know that I was Archeos for a few months (never posted under that name, though). That's just the Japanese name of Archeops, which is one of my favorite Pokemon. I've always liked Archeos a lot better than Archeops, so I figured I'd give it a nice little tribute.

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
Okay so allllll the way back in like... I dunno, 2007? There was this Neopets-like site. Subeta, I think? And there was this cool little critter and it was all blue and space-looking so I called it Space Crystal. Later on, I wanted to make a new deviantART account and couldn't think of a new name. Decided Space-Crystal sounded cool. Then as I got a little older, I wanted to shorten it, and since Crystal was kind of cliche, I started looking around for online nickname ideas. Came across someone who literally just put "y" at the end of their name (like, Whitey) and I was like hey! Spacey. That's cool. And then it became solidified when I recalled that I am indeed a space cadet that just kinda spaces out all the friggin time. So yeah. It just kinda stuck, I guess. I've considered changing it if I actually move forward with streaming and/or art as a hobby but for now, Spacey works just fine. (Except for the apparent other meaning of spacey which refers to people who are high but I digress)

Alchemy

Au revoir, and thanks for the fish.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Michelle is the assigned name I gave myself after experimenting with so many others. Not the most exciting origin but it has meaning to me.

EDIT: Silly me, changed to Alchemy because it relates to a project I have in mind.

Last edited:

yepiz

Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Often lost in thought
Last name. Nobody calls me by my pile name... well actually it's pretty common and Yépiz it's totally not so common.

Second

Demon from the World Chalice
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
They / Them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is known to wander off mid-conversation, annoying everyone involved.
So, I had an OC called "Second," like the unit of time, but it was also a pun because they were considered the "Second Death". Why? Well, that story never lived long so the answer is "its complicated" but anyway, I decided I needed a new online nickname at one point, so I went with "Second" in reference to the OC... and immediately forgot that my name would be punned to hell and back

I don't regret it,

TheBlackBullets

Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/them
Pokémon Type
Grass
I used to write a series called "The Black Bullets" and I just kind of carry that name around everywhere.

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
Weirdly enough, I named myself after an old Sailor Venus fanshrine called Mint Chocolate Chip. No, I'm not kidding. The "Electronica" was tacked on because this was an attempt at a Tumblr username, and every variation of Mint with Chocolate and/or Chip was taken. Eventually, I just tacked on "Electronica" because I like sci-fi.

Believe it or not, there's a longer and more convoluted story behind my older username, JX Valentine, but we won't get into that...

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Sup, I like Bug types.

Really, I just checked on a whim one day if the username was taken back on zetaboards, and found it wasn't. Score! Three letter username!

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
So there's an MMO called Realm of the Mad God- it's been a while since I've played it but it's pretty good and also free so check it out if you want.

Anyway, when you start the game before you log in at all, you end up with a default character with one of a small set of generic fantasy-y names. I ended up with Radph.

I was trying to figure out what I wanted my long-term username to be, but you needed a name and an account to do a lot of things in game (such as trading), so I decided to just slightly modify Radph to get Raderph and stick with that for now.

Aaaaand as it turned out you had to pay money to change your username a second time in that game so I was stuck with it.

After a few years (and playing a lot of RotMG), I started to identify more with Raderph and less with my "main" username (jlamb08) and so I just kinda rolled with it.

Reactions: Bug

Arbitrary

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
It's a pretty cool word. Basically means a decision made pretty much on a whim or without real reason rather than by logic.

k80

h
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Bug
Pokédex Entry
h
i had been folding a bunch of stuff and one of them was a narwhal. later that day i needed a username for skype, looked the the paper narwhal on my desk and thought "hey thats cool" and five years later here we are

0 Anonymous

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Two forums ago the little user tracker on the bottom of the page worked differently. It tracked users, guests, and users who wanted to remain invisible for some ungodly reason, which would show up as anonymous viewers. Now, nobody was ever anonymous, so whenever you looked at a page it'd be something like:
Users who are viewing this thread: 1 user and 0 anonymous. 3 guests

I thought it was kinda funny that my name would be on every page in the entire website, so here we are.

Daxter

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
Daxter has been part of my usernames since I was like 13 dating all the way back to gamefaqs ((which after I lost my old account turned into Mental_Daxter)) and I go by DaxterX2 on almost everything else. However on the ZB forums I got Daxter so... I still use it.

akapolarbear

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
they/he
Pokémon Type
Ice, Normal
my name is Kett, but i'm more commonly known both online and irl by my nickname "Polar Bear", so...i'm Kett, AKA Polar Bear

Drunken Gazelle

Lord Procrastinator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric, Ground
Pokédex Entry
His default setting is sarcasm. It is not (always) intentional.
A friend and I had this game we played whenever we had to create a new username in which we would look around the room and mash various words together and use that as said username. I've had several of these over the years including Bass Ninja (from a bass guitar and a ninja shaped USB) and Golden PIgmonkey (A golden piggybank and a stuffed monkey). I bought myself an xbox 360 for my 18th birthday and when it came to making a xbox live account my friend and I played again. Drunken came from an empty beer bottle in the room from the previous nights celebrations, and Gazelle came from this god awful picture that was hung in my mothers living room at the time. I use it for everything now as the image of a drunken gazelle never fails to amuse me and my xbox friends list has several other drunk animals that I befriended from playing Halo Reach online.

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
Back when we still had an irc channel hosted somewhere around 2015/2016, I noticed that there were two other active members who had also went by Yoshi (I went by YoshiOrLuigi29 at the time). This made conversations kind of confusing when more than one of us were active in the irc so I decided to think of a different username to make things less confusing. Replace one cute Nintendo character with another and replace the two green characters with the color pink and you have KirbyIsPink.

The funny thing is how I slowly transitioned into this username over time (YoshiOrLuigi29 -> YoshiOrKirby -> KirbyIsPink)

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
So there's an MMO called Realm of the Mad God- it's been a while since I've played it but it's pretty good and also free so check it out if you want.
ROTMG IS SO ADDICTIVE.
It's not, like, my style of longterm game, I think? But that may be because it relies so heavily on the social aspect to balance out the grind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)