• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

What's the story behind your username?

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure she's French
As for me...
One heck of a while ago, when I wasn't used to the english names of Pokémon at all (I'm still missing a lot of them), I thought "Ribombee" was spelt "Rubombee". I sounded nice so I kept it lol. It can also be seen as a mix between the english and french names, "Ribombee" and "Rubombelle".
Oh, and have I told you I really like this Pokémon
Now it's kinda my main username. I even made a pokésona for it. x)

Obelisk

D O G
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
Eccentric 'locker obsessed with Magikarp.
My username came from a character I designed when I was between 12 and 14. Long story short, said character was named after the object he was protecting. The name just stuck after that.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
The reason my screenname is Memento (or SilentMemento) is because it's a tribute to my late cousin, who inspired me to become a writer when nobody else considered it.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
That one building with no door for a hero to open.
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
Little known fact: Fullmental is not only a pun on Fullmetal Alchemist, but also a nod to Mental Floss, once a great little magazine publication on cool nerdy trivia - now ruined by the modern web. Today its sort of like BuzzFeed, except MF was actually good at one point so it hurts even more.

Rhema

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
Ooh, my time to shine!

So, my husband and I were sorta penpals before we actually met IRL. We started off messaging back and forth on Facebook, but our messages got way too long so we decided to switch to emailing. When it came time to start the email chain, he named it "Rhema". It's a Greek word that means "utterance" or "thing said". It was very appropriate at the time because we were, ya know, saying lots of things to each other. And now I use it as my username because fanfiction is also quite the writing endeavor. It's also just a it's a word that means a lot to me :)

InfiniteRiver

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Is most often observed trying her hardest. Whether it really is has never been verified in the wild.
okay storytime:
Fanfiction.net, circa 2011-2012-- I made an account, liked the word Infinite in front (p sure i tried InfiniteDoubleRainbow like the super geek i was back then), wound up with InfiniteWaterfall (also gross in hindsight)
Minecraft, circa 2013-- I wanted to use InfiniteWaterfall as a username on my new account, but there was a 15-character limit. so i thought of other watery nouns, and here we are today

Ardomew

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
So, Ardomew was originally the name I gave to a character I designed when I was probably around 11. He was a human-Mew hybrid at the time, who wielded a scythe in battle. Eventually I started using the name for accounts like YouTube and RuneScape, and the name stuck ever since.

pkmnMasterWheeler

Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Cute
Well there is definitely a deep and meaningful reason behind this username. So, I had just finished rewatching the first series of Yu-Gi-Oh, where my favorite character is Joey Wheeler. And I had also just beaten Red for the first time in Soul Silver, who is clearly a Pokemon Master, and I really needed a username for Dream World shenanigans in BW, so I mashed 2 recent interests together, and the name has stuck for 8 years!

Also I've gotten a lot of "I can't help but think of Joey Wheeler when I see your username" in my days, don't worry, that's literally the reference

satanicswirlix

Local King K. Rool Main
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Cute
Pokédex Entry
A Swirlix who came back from Hell. She was literally too angry to die.
Swirlix because it's my favourite Pokemon, and Satanic because I'm edgy alliteration!

Cleffachi

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a shark! It tends to dislike cynicism and being mean.
I used to be Literally Just A Shark, named because i used a picture of my 4 foot shark plush as my icon and pretended to be said plush

the gag wore off after a while, but the name stuck, and now i’m shark! :)

Dustox

Professional Schemer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
Pokédex Entry
"No matter how hard you look, you won't see what I'm scheming."
Dustox is my favorite Pokemon. I really wish I was wittier than that, but I'm not lmao.

It did use to be Shiny Dustox just cause there was a shiny Dustox in the anime and I assumed Dustox was already taken in Zetaboards.

Spoiler alert, it wasn't. Womp womp.

GoGoGogoat

can't wait to monch these promgles
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
he/him/they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Hello, I am a goat. Pleased to meet you.
It's a pun/play-on-words. I don't even care for Inspector Gadget that much, I just thought GoGoGogoat was so gosh darn clever that I decided to use it. Also, I was pretty neutral about Gogoat before adopting the moniker, but now it's my favorite and I will defend it with my life.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Casual tends to be plagued with identity issues. Their support for the disadvantaged knows few bounds.
It's a mashup of "casual gamer" and "Game Freak", which also happens to throw in the joke that I'm also a massive nerd about the games I like, thus being a "game freak" myself.

It was one of a long chain of names that I came up with in junior high, and it happened to be the one that stuck.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Also a major Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I used to have a blog called eurekatrollcat.com, which died after a year due to my being unable to pay the hosting fees. The blog was still going strong when I joined Twitch during the Twitch Plays Pokemon Crystal run, but Trollcat was already taken as a Twitch username, so I chose Trollkitten. This later changed to Lorekitten when one too many people mistook me for one of the internet trolls that were always hanging around the stream. My Reddit username is still Trollkitten, though, and my DeviantART account remains Eureka Trollcat.

The original Eureka Trollcat name came from the Oz series, as Dorothy had a pink kitten named Eureka in the fourth book. Eureka was a very naughty little kitten, thus the Trollcat descriptor. At the time, I didn't really realize what kind of effect labelling myself as a troll would have on other persons' impressions of me, and it didn't help that at the time I was dealing with massive emotional issues and had a tendency to lash out at people. Buuuuuuut that has nothing to do with how I actually came up with the name.

surfe

I am SHOPKEEP. I desire ALL RUBLES.
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
surfe is a shortened version of surfer treecko, a name 9 year old me came up with by combining my favourite (at the time) Pokemon and a word I thought sounded cool together.

Tookie

The Immoral Bard
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Poison, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
This user does not exist. All impressions to the contrary are propaganda pieces and not to be trusted.
oh god this story goes well back

in 2004 i first played this fairly rad strategy game called fire emblem, and in it there's a class called the Swordmaster- which is not the greatest but my 12 yo ass thought was the coolest thing ever, so it spawned my first username, Swordmaster_2000, which inevitably got shortened to SM2K.

enter, in early 2006, on an FE fansite, former Nuzforums moderator ItsKinkajou. in a fit of... well, something, possibly a sugar rush, she decided it needed another nickname, and Two Kay became Tookie.

I hated it, so naturally it stuck.

It stuck harder when she dragged me from FE fansite hell into some Skype chats from around 2013, but at 20 I was a lot less inclined to give a shit about muh EdgyMcCoolName of SMDeathwind than I did at 13.

starmouse

All in service of some implacable "just cause".
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is said to be scared of its own shadow. It can often be found sitting in the rain.
I was previously ratikate because it seemed like a nifty pun (my first name is Kate) and I love rats. I go by starmouse now because I decided I basically prefer to have a made-up internet nickname rather than a spin on my actual name (though I don't really mind if people use it if they're used to it).

Stars are a cute motif, and mice are rodents, and rodents are excellent, so voila. I also like that it sounds kinda like a species name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)