• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke What's the longest you've raised a pokemon before it died?

Ionbird

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2020
The longest level range of any Pokemon I've raised that died are four Pokemon I've raised from the beginning of the game only to die against the Champion. They were Humerus the Charizard, Maxilla the Pidgeot, Sternum the Butterfree, and Incus the Raticate in a Wedlocke. They all were raised from the single digits to around the 50s.

Humerus had a powerful Flamethrower and I used him to immolate enemies one of the hardest hitting special attackers. Maxilla helped with some of the rival battles.

Incus and Sternum were some of the most memorable Pokemon in any of my runs. Incus would wipe the floor with Psychics and dominated Sabrina's gym. Sternum took a Rock Tomb from Brock's Onix thanks to setting up Hardens and generally dominated with Sleep Powder/Substitute/Dream Eater/Giga Drain. She finally died to the champion's Arcanine and that was only after holding her own for many turns and making Arcanine burn through a few full restores and only fell because of a misclick. Sternum was practically my version of Petty's Lulu having helped taken down Brock, Koga, Sabrina, Giovanni, and Lorelei. Incus would rip apart Psychic types with Hyper Beam and Shadow Ball. Because I had Set mode on my Wedlocke, I took advantage of switching after the KO to use Hyper Beam to deadly effect in a manner similar to Gen I competitive battles.

Last edited:

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
From about lv. 4 to lv. 57, from the very beginning of the game to the Elite Four. It doesn’t help that the poor ‘mon was oneshotted by a 2x effective coverage move.
Losing Pokémon in the postgame would have been even worse - I had two close calls with an 1st route catch from the same run that I’d caught at lv. 3 and got all the way up to lv. 62.

Hydrochlorinate

Bard of Mind
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 2, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Preferring to operate in the dark, this pokemon is quick to obtain and discard many behaviors.
Amoeba, the alolan grimer/muk that i used in my (undocumented) Sun Wonderlocke. This tanky lad lasted me from island 1 all the way to Khali's Z-Beak Blast, and was the only death in the run.

MarkedInStone

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
Lost my Leavanny, Snuggle, to a Rock Slide from Marlon's Carracosta in White 2 Challenge Mode. Level 2 to Level 55. Didn't know the thing had Sturdy. Saved my end so many times- she didn't deserve to be the first death (itself astonishing)

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
In my Omega Ruby nuzlocke, I lost a Pokemon in Victory Road that I'd had since it was level 7. It was level 45 at the time of its death.

MaskXP

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ice
Lenon the Magnezone from Level 11 to 51 in Black 2

He was a huge staple on my team surviving from many near team wipes. Discharge didn't take out Marlon's Jellicent and took a Brine to the face, dropping immediately. Definitely an MVP during my trip around Unova.

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
@Polymori You might like this thread! I know you have a good answer~

As for me, it would be the several times my starter died to N/Ghetsis in my various attempts at Black nuzlockes over the years. I think the biggest gap was Lv 5-67.

Polymori

A Hot Mess
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon has an over-active imagination and creates more stories than any sane person should.
@MouseWithADinosaurTail
OMFG you're right! Thank you!
Not counting pokemon that never died, the longest a mon survived before dying was in my Blind Diamond locke (has the highest # of deaths in a locke Ive ever done).
My starter, a torterra by the name of Lime, died vs Flint. And before you judge me on using torterra against him, I only had 2 pokemon alive at that time cause outside ofVolkner's gym, my Luxray died. Then in victory road a mon died. Then only had 4 mains alive after that. Then Barry, the bastard, killed my gastrodon and haunter and at that point i had Lime and my abomasnow left and a team of mons i didnt give a fuck about. So I was all "FUCK IT IMMA TOSS THESE FUCKERS IN MY PARTY AND HOPE FOR THE BEST" and went in, made it to Flint. The rest died, but my abomasnow and torterra, both did as well against Flint as you'd expect :'3
Lime was lvl 5-60 something Its been a really really long time
And my Luxray was Lv 3-44 I only remember this one because it's the most bitter death I've had to date

Other than that, I think my Ribombee named Ambrosia died vs someone in the E4 of my Sun locke I believe!

In more recent lockes, I have a mon I got at level 5, and she died at lvl 63. Actually, I think she's probably tied with Lime if not longer lived, level wise.

Last edited:

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
@Polymori Bro how do you make this entire post and not even bring up your lv 1-50 torracat. That death hit you like a truck, I remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)