• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke What's the longest you've raised a pokemon before it died?

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
This is for the pokemon that have been on your team for so long that they leave a gaping hole in your team when they die.

What's the largest number of levels you've raised a pokemon before it died? How much did its death hurt?

Last edited:

Ardomew

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
In my Y Wedlocke, my Pikachu I caught in Santalune Forest made it all the way to Diantha's last Pokémon before she was taken from me. At least her Flygon partner was able to outspeed and destroy that MegaGardevoir in revenge!

A-K-TheLittleFairy

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Tired or inspired. Loves Cappuccino.
My longest Level range I had so far was from Lv. 5- Lv. 82... by an unforeseen death.

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Beautifly. My first catch past my starter in Ruby. Survived through the run, helped to defeat Tate and Liza (The rules stated I could only use as many Pokemon as the Gym Leader, so my team for that match was Swampert and Beautifly) and lasted all the way through to the League, only to die while training to fight the Elite 4. It was also the first death that happened in a while, since the one before her was my Solrock dying to Norman.

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
I believe I had one case of a starter living from the beginning to the E4, died there as I needed to sacrifice him to get past a certain mon.

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
I've lost four starters at the final stretch. Two of them were Primarina, at literally the last battle before the Elite Four. Hau in Sun, and that asshole double battle in Ultra Moon. I also lost an Emboar on Route 10 in a STAB only run and Serperior in White 2's Victory Road to a crit Flamethrower from an Eelektross.

In Soul Silver a while back, I lost Noctowl, my first catch, to Karen's Gengar due to Destiny Bond, but HGSS have a whole 'nother half of the game and I've never lost anything long term between E4 and Red... besides a wipe to Blue in a previous run a couple of years back.

Nimbostratus

Ambitious But Rubbish
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Flying, Normal
in my Pokemon Blue run, my Blastoise was killed in the final battle by Blue's Alakazam.

Then, in my Crystal run, my Golbat/Crobat (after being in daycare for a bit) joined the team after Whitney, helped me beat the E4 and narrowly survived a Psychic from that very same Alakazam... then, while grinding for Red, he got taken out by a cheap shot: Karen's Gengar used Destiny Bond.

JurassicJan

Massive Home of Sexual
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ground
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon subsists on a diet of Fanta Pineapple soda and waffles. Is also nonbinary and gay as hell.
First nuzlocke I ever completed was a Gold nuzlocke, I caught a Wooper right after the first gym and took her all the way to Red, she died to his Charizard at the last second and it broke my heart

Mattman324

Blame this on the misfortunes of your birth.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
Starter to Red, I believe. I’ve never had Starter to 2nd E4/otherwise final boss outside him as far as I can remember.

pikamewphlosion

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
2 close competitors for the title: US, I lost my Incineroar, Grumman, to the last double battle of Victory Road.

In FrLG, I lost the run when my oldest Pokémon, Stardust the Shiny Female Pidgeot, was killed by Blue’s final Pokémon, his Blastoise. To this day, I wonder if I could have saved her by using Fly for more recovery...

Neotornado

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
I think the longest that a party member's been in my party that actually died and wasn't a full wipe was actually in a touhoumon ordinary run, where I had a shiny tokiko (roughly a spearow equivalent) die to the very final attack the opponent made. (thunder) She lasted from roughly level 2 to 49/50.
In terms of strict levels my highest was the same experience Ardo had: Pikachu (well, raichu in this case) dying to Diantha's Gardevior. In that case I don't really count it since she was boxed for most of the game, but I think that was the highest level difference (4/6 to 66/67) I've had die that wasn't a full party wipe. (she was also the only casualty of the E4 in that run as well)

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
It's actually a tie between two mons, both of whom lasted 38 levels.

First, there was Frank the Leavanny, Lvl 3-41. I caught him right at the beginning of my Wedlocke of Black 2, he assisted against Cheren, Burgh, and Elesa, until I lost him to the most incredibly stupid thing I've ever done in a Nuzlocke. I lost him in a Triple Battle to a Gligar because I thought Gligar was Flying in name only. It is not.

Then there's Patricia the Sandslash, Lvl 19-57. She was from the same run, and I originally brought her on as a replacement when I lost two to Clay. She served faithfully and helped against Drayden and Ghetsis, before I was forced to switch her in on the rival's Simisear. My attempts to stall out Flamethrower were cut short by a crit.

redninjapuffle

The Nuzlocke Kid with stories
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
For me it was Messiah my Venasaur in X. Dude was savior to my team as i really needed a water counter since Pansage died due to set rules. I had Messiah from a level 10 bulbasaur to a level 65 venasaur. I lost him due to a mistake, I had my chadelure Shantae out with the kalos steel E4 member and i saw his scizor had night slash, so I had Messiah switch in so I could heal shantae. Sadly, scizor's X-scissors critted him and messiah was down. Shantae could have outsped and killed the scizor but I messed up and messiah was gone.

TheTRUEgge

Ethos is okay, actually
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
The worst that's ever happened to me is a spoiler for one of my runs, but I was devestated when I lost the Vikavolt I had really high hopes for in an... extremely bloody Ultra Sun alphabetlocke. Sometimes, I regret doing that one undocumented, it would have made a neat comic

Obelisk

no sleep only wepears
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
Eccentric 'locker obsessed with Magikarp.
The longest party member I've had was my Chikorita. Lv. 5 - lv. 75. He died in the Lance rematch, having nearly solo'd Lance's Garchomp. I was able to continue without him to the Red battle, but I stopped playing that cart for a week after I beat Lance...So I'd say this one hurt pretty badly.

The runner-up's my starter Magikarp from my Alola run - Lv. 5 - lv. 63. He died during the second Buzzwole encounter in post-game, thanks to an unfortunately timed crit and an impeccably timed Counter. I was super attached to this fish, so I was devastated. Additionally, the ruleset said he couldn't die, so the run ended right then and there.

Everything else either lives about 20 levels, dies instantly, or survives to the end.

Snow Peregrine 0

Sinnohoan Talonflame (Talonfrost? Talonfreeze?)
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 19, 2019
Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Pokédex Entry
An ice-type subspecies of Talonflame that is found in Sinnoh. It is socially awkward as all hell.
My Delphox, Radiant, from my Y team. He died in the Champion battle, and it was an empty victory :(

pikamewphlosion

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
Dassault the Calm Fearow, soul Silver. Level 2 to level 59. In game progress based, from Route 46 to Blue’s Machamp. Real Time, 364 days: from Sept 30th, 2018, to Sept 29th, 2019.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Michelle the Luxray from an old Platinum run. Second catch, went all the way to Lucian's Alakazam. Level 3-59.
I was gutted-the line has always been a favorite, and she pulled me through a lot of tough spots (Fantina particularly). I really thought the run was doomed when she went down...I ended up winning, but two more 'mons went down against Cynthia, and I feel like if she'd been alive at least one of the others would've lived too...

RevenantArcan

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Psychic
Brainstorm the Espeon, who went from Lv.5 to Lv.64 in my HeartGold run.

He'd survived the extremely bloody battle with Lance, even killing two of his Dragonites, and was one of the last survivors from the first half of the game. But then I sent him out against Blue's Rhydon (He had Grass Knot) and forgot that he'd managed to set Trick Room up. And, well... Megahorn.

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
My Totem Togedemaru, Hoover in my first Ultra Moon run. Went all the way from level 35-72. I thought his Sturdy was enabling him to survive, but Kahili's Mandibuzz four hit Bone Rush prove me...WRONG.

He's my precious boi back in my first Ultra Moon run too... :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)