• Ash has been all over the news lately and this site is no exception! Check out Ashes to Ashes, the latest featured run!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes recieving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our new Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • Happy tapaversary, Guest! It's been about a year since the Tapatalk Takeover; if you'd like to make a donation to us to celebrate the fact that we tapped out of that site, please click here.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about the new Critique Level Tags!
  • The second episode of Nuzlocke City Radio is here! Tune in for our discussion on the history and analysis of gijinkas, catch up on the biggest forum news, and we finally settle the score between Team Aqua and Team Magma in The Debatelockers!

Whats a good way to promote comics on here?

Tjman461

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2019
I made a comic on here and it hasn't gotten much attention and I consider it on the same caliber of the original ruby nuzlocke art wise lol. So how do I promote it here?

Last edited:

Emperor ServingSpoon

The original AND the 16th!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Adept at procrastination. If he ever seems productive, it's likely because he's ignoring something far more important.
If you add a link to it in your signature (like a small banner image with the title and some artwork), then being active in other topics around here will inherently be advertising for your comic. Also commenting on other people's comics probably helps, too, as if you say nice things about their comics, they'll be more likely to want to check out your comic and do the same back. That's not gonna guarantee it'll get a lot of attention, but that's probably the best way to do things without it getting annoying.

Minty Electronica

heeeeeeeyyyyyy, adora~ <3
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It's an azumarill. You caught an azumarril.
P much what Emperor said. It also might help to interact more with folks in general and do R4Rs. Some of my most reliable readers here and elsewhere are people I kinda befriended, so we read each other's stuff and comment whenever we can. (I'm currently behind, but, uh. orz) That and straight-up being like, "Hey, I'm doing R4Rs (read-for-reads)" helps a bit too because you'll draw in folks who'll happily read your work if you read theirs. (Currently working on one of those. D: )

Good luck, yo, and welcome to comicing! :D

Bug

My mind is racing but my feet just move too slow
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Hey, welcome to the forum! The points above will do it, but I really reccomend getting to know and find your niche of people in the community. It becomes a lot more fufilling when you talk with other users. Generally if you're solely after people reading your run, it'll sour your experience with the forum.

Good luck with your comic, and happy Nuzlocking!

Tjman461

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone I'll try befriending some people lol that doesn't seem like a bad idea. I'll also try out the banner thing. However I don't know how to do it. Could someone help me out? Oh also how would I go about asking for an R4R without sounding rude?

Reactions: Bug

mykehroo

holy moly i am worry
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 23, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
i'm a dude brooooo
Pokémon Type
Grass, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is currently kerfuffled by this feature. Kerfuffled isn't a word.

You can edit your signature here. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)