• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

What is your most embarrassing death

MorpekoPekoyama

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 22, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes themselves a bit too seriously, but is otherwise friendly. It is most active in the middle of the night.
My first attempt at a nuzlocke in Pearl was very embarrassing, even for my measly track record.

I had barely just started the challenge and was running through some tall grass with my Bidoof, when all of a sudden, a wild Shinx appeared. Knowing my Bidoof was in trouble, I tried to run away but couldn't escape. Bidoof was gone in 2 hits and my challenge was over.

RIP Norbert the Bidoof

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Was playing Ultra Moon for the first time a couple years back, as a Nuzlocke. VS Totem Araquanid. Had my Trumbeak out against it, and I decided to fire off my Max Airstream Z-Move... but accidentally misclicked and nuked the Dewpider assistant Pokemon instead. Trumbeak subsequently went down to Araquanid's power because I didn't have a good switchin. Oops.

To rub the salt in more, that run ended up being deathless (caught a Zorua and cheesed Necrozma lol) other than my one misclick.

limestarly

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 11, 2020
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Flying
oh god ok. one time i was doing a sinnoh run (diamond, i think?) and im sitting here with this fully evolved torterra, bouta go out there and grind up some pokemon and shit. i get out there, i run into a kricketune. i'm like 'eh should be fine, its ten levels lower or whatever' so i GET IN THERE. and it uses BIDE. and im still like 'nah ive got the manpower to deal with this' and hit the sucker twice. i'm absolutely sure the second hit will down it, so when it leaves the kricketune with a TEENY, TINY sliver of hp im just sitting there watching this thing bide my starter to death in slow motion.

i was young and foolish then. i'm slightly older and about as foolish now, but hey. i do my best.

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
Switching into a Durant against a Salazzle. I was thinking about using dig, nevermind there's a rock type pokemon in my party who would do just as well without the 4x weakness. It didn't end well

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Sword Wonderlocke:

My Whimsicott barely survived a 4X Poison Jab from a Qwilfish because I was banking on an OHKO. Next up was a Pyukumuku. I jokingly thought "I'm going to OHKO this and Innards Out is going to kill Whimsicott after she heals."

RIP Whimsicott.

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
In a Pearl run I did not too long ago, I was getting through Mt. Coronet for the umpteenth time in order to stop Cyrus' evil scheme. I still needed some training in order to catch up to his levels, so I decided to battle a couple wild mons.

I was training Diana, my Bibarel who I'd caught right in Route 201 and was the team's longest living member, aside from my Infernape. All of a sudden, a Medicham shows up... and I, in my infinite wisdom, decided that Diana would be fine and that she should stay in.

Medicham immediately OHKOd her from full health with a High Jump Kick.

It was not a happy day.

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Seaking in Shield and Bellossom in AlphaSapphire.

Seaking fell to the Ghost leader, to his (assuming it’s a his behind that mask) Mimikyu. Seaking was at low health, but so was Mimikyu, so I though since Seaking was faster he would get the kill. Cue Mimikyu uses Shadow sneak, kills my Seaking.

Bellossom in AlphaSaph is not really embarrassing, it’s just that it actually didn’t need to happen. Was the first battle into the Delta episode, I sent him out against a Salamence, for Sleep powder as I was worried about a surprise coverage move. Salamence used Fire fang and it... flinches Bellossom. Then it uses Fire fang again and it crits, and kills Bellossom. And then the Salamence turned out to be a non threat anyway. I mean yeah, probably would have been boxed anyway and he got replaced by Fries the Haxorus who helped Sweep the champion, but still...

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
I just wiped to a fucking Butterfree in Blue because I wasn't allowed to heal in battle as per my ruleset. So I just got statused and Confusioned to death. What a fucking waste of time that run was.

• Cry
Reactions: io_

Kirilish

Nuzlocke Heaven, VO Hell
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 12, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is known for its soft, captivating voice; however, those who look upon its punk-like exterior are never allowed to hear it ever again.
All of them, frankly. My Shield run had been nothing but BS deaths for a while...but I think my worst has been my Reborn run.

In my defense, I had been playing Platinum the night before (I've got about three storylocke runs going right now and one just-for-fun nuzlocke, which is the Reborn one), but I had Pippin, my Mightyena, up in the psychic type gym. I had already taken out most of the other 'mons so I thought I was in the clear- I only had to worry about Gallade as far as STAB went, and Pippin was EV trained in SP/AT so he feasibly should've outsped everyone. Gardevoir comes out, and I'm absolutely not afraid, because Dark is super effective against Psychic, right? That should be a good OHKO, maybe a 2HKO with no bad retaliation from Gardevoir, right?

I forgot fairy type existed.

Crunch takes 1/2 her HP as a neutral attack and Gardevoir OHKOs Pippin with Moonblast. It was great.

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
I managed to lose my Dynamax Drednaw against Gordie's Coalossal... because I forgot about Steam Engine and Drednaw was pressured.

Similarly, Leon's Seismitoad is his least threatening Pokemon except maybe Mr. Rime, but I still lost my Gyarados to it since I was hesitant to dynamax that soon.

loser

goldeen apologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 27, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass
i was doing well in sabrina's psychic type gym with snorlax but there was a trainer or two with gastly/haunter. i didn't have a move to hit them so on one of the gastlys i switched into my charizard to kill it with a flamethrower. i got confuse ray'd and just started mashing a and i didn't realize the gastly used destiny bond and of course the one turn i don't hit myself is when i die to the destiny bond ;_;

the run was going so well, at that point i didn't lose a single main party member, then this happened. was pretty lame but my fault completely

RR Sharp

Fatlocker
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Sumo of Legend, and friend to all Pokemon who just happens to be fat.
So.

On the original Former Glory (the images were lost sadly) I had taken out Ai (a female Nidoran that I've trained up to Nidoqueen) and set off towards finishe exploring Kanto and geeting all fly locations so I can hit the Gyms in fell swoop. Then I encounter a Biker that has a Weezing. So I send Ai to defeat it. BUT! I had forgot just one tiny little detail.

Can you guess what I forgot? I forgot Weezing can learn Self-Destruct. Yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)