• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

What is your most embarrassing death

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Ooh boy, I think I just generated the first gen8 casualty ever. RIP Babbie, that poor little round bird. Most early route Electric mons don’t get Electric STAB until like 9 or 11 or 13, and I just assumed that would be the case here, I was wrong...

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I have a new one from my Omega Ruby navlocke:

Never let a Shuppet hit itself in its confusion.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
On a run of Fire Red from around years ago, I made the embarrassing mistake of trying to level up my Diglett, on Diglett´s cave.

celebrandas

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 3, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ice, Steel
I’m sure I’ll have more later as I play through more runs, but losing my latest catch from not paying enough attention due to speed hacks right after saying I should turn of speed hacks for that very reason is pretty high up there. My current team is nowhere near ready for Brock’s gym now.

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
My Seviper vs some random trainer's Ampharos. I sent her in paralyzed and told her to use dig on the first turn. Ampharos went first, as expected, and dealt over half health. Seviper went underground, but then it all went wrong. Shed skin activated causing her to go first, and die to Ampharos in retaliation. There's just something insulting about getting screwed by your own ability.

Chimeric

i’m gonna munch, i’m gonna crunch
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 11, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him, they/them
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
I was button spamming while grinding and ended up losing a Starly to a Kricketot because I didn’t notice it had used Bide. Have lost a lot of Pokemon due to careless mistakes like that.

Also a few minutes later I got wiped out at the first gym, so I guess that whole run counts as embarrassing.

Fennec

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 9, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
he, him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Poison
Forgetting how poison worked in Gen 2. Don't think I played in that generation since Gen 4 came out and pokemon couldn't faint from poison outside of battle. I felt kind of dumb having forgotten that.

pinkshellos

Black Lives Matter !!
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I just lost a Tentacool to a Koffing’s self-destruct, one level from evolving. I knew that the Koffings in this area had self-destruct... wasn’t thinking at all, just wanted to grind her up to evolve for that sweet sweet pokedex entry (I have 48 out of 60 required for the postgame.) She was just box fodder and probably wouldn’t even have made the team if a spot opened up... but the death was completely avoidable. I did end up going through 1 or 2 more battles with her corpse to get that evolution...

R.I.P. Toxin. Maybe in another life.

RocketVulpix

So cute yet so evil.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 27, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found on Nugget Bridge begging to be allowed to join Team Rocket.
I’m working on an undocumented X Nuzlocke with no healing in battle, and I was fighting Lysandre the other day without a clue what to do about that stupid perfect coverage Mega Gyarados. Not too embarrassing, really, considering that thing is one of the few difficult spots in Kalos. Where it gets bad is that I decided the best ‘mon for the job was Mimi, my Granbull. Now, I was not thrilled to get her, but she’d proven herself to be surprisingly tanky with an incredible Attack stat and some good coverage, including Thunder Fang without the Ground weakness. I’d had a couple close calls in the previous two Lysandre battles with the Gyarados knowing Iron Head, but she took the attack like a champ every other time. Mega Gyrados obviously has buffed stats, but she took one Iron Head beautifully. I mathed it out and figured she could handle one more as long as it didn’t crit.

Guess. Fucking. What.

It's three days later and I’m still so mad at myself.

Fullmental

*Fódlan Winds intensifies*
Administrator
Tech Team
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Rock, Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon can sometimes be found meticulously editing and re-editing it's own content, never satisfied with the results.
I don't have a specific most embarassing death, but several times now I've sent in a dual type Pokemon into battle (especially gym battles when things start to go south ever so slightly), completely forgetting the second type, and of course it happens to be a weakness to the primary or secondary type I'm fighting. Then, surprise, surprise, I get outsped and 1HKO'd and I feel like a total idiot.

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
Renegade Platinum Nuzlocke. My Parasect (Gumbo) died after taking two Air Cutters (the second one was a crit) from a ninja boy's Zubat because I kept chanting “Gumbo prove your worth” even though I knew the Zubat would attack first and Air Cutter has a high crit rate. The Zubat was in red health after one Slash too... This isn't event the first time I've done something stupid and risky like that.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Never send a Bug/Flying type against a Mega Camerupt. With Rock Slide. And Sheer Force.

I don't know what I was thinking. I could have cheesed the battle with Latios' Surf, but the idea never occurred to me until I was already cleaning the smear off the Magma Hideout floor.

RIP best bug. I'm not saying the species because I have to leave something to be a surprise.

Candle the Cat

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 11, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pokémon Type
Fire, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon constantly bursts with energy, but be careful or it may burn out...
I was grinding in an area that had wobbuffet. Thought that cuz I could see them I could avoid them. I was a clumsy idiot tho.

Perpetually Underleveled

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 6, 2020
I once lost a Pokemon because I forgot focus sash doesn't regenerate when you heal to full health, and the opposing Pokemon used a trapping move while I was in range of being KOed by a crit...

I also had once incident that was even more embarrassing but didn't result in a death because I was very lucky - against Wattson in a Ruby Nuzlocke, I tried to kill the Magnemite with my Loudred's Uproar but forgot I was on Set Mode. I only didn't lose my Loudred there because of her +Def nature and breaking out of Uproar on the first possible turn.

Arondon

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
All but most to least prevalent types:Male,Gender-neutral,Female
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Psychic
As mentioned before, this happened

I forgot fairy wind existed
Fairy wind crit and killed my combee

i cry-facepalmed

Ionbird

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2020
My first ever death had a Fearow succumbing to a Venomoth of all things. Sabrina's Mr. Mime baton passed defense buffs to Venomoth and some shenanigans I don't remember ensued. The result was a Flying type falling to a Bug type. A Gurdurr also one shotted my Unfezant with Rock Slide when I tried to switch him in. Last but not least, I had a legendary (Virizion) die to a Starmie.

MarkedInStone

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Over Mt. Silver and down in the Valley Windworks
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This POKéMON is struggling to figure out what interesting stuff he can put into his Pokédex entry.
Thought "Hey, Beautifly can one-shot the Gym Trainers' Geodudes, who says I can't one-shot at least one of Roxanne's?"

Instantly proven wrong.
So sorry, Adelaide.

antingaround

Nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes plenty of siestas, somewhat of a clown, impetuous and silly
i've started making a compilation of them, actually. these are the best of the best!
honorable mention goes to my mega lucario in eternal x. with a justified boost, i thought he could take out calem's absol with a mach punch. turns out i had vaccuum wave instead, and mega lucario immediately got one shot by superpower :)

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
My Most embarassing death would be my Shiny male Ralts on my Pokemon Star Sapphire(Dio Vento hack of Alpha Sapphire) run.

Seriously, Pokemon hacks is freakin' unfair sometimes, I thoughT my Ralts could one-shot a Bellsporut, only it survives a super-effective Confusion and it has Weakness policy, you guess what happened next...

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
So, in my Sword Nuzlocke, after getting my last badge, I decided, "I don't think I have a catch from Lake of Outrage yet. I'll go do that"
So I encountered a Ditto. That Ditto ends up killing my Musharna, so I decided to cut my losses and just forfeit the encounter. Then I went to the PC to bury the Musharna and pick out a replacement. It was at that moment that I realized that I already had a catch from Lake of Outrage (Doublade).
Said Doublade was then added to my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)