• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

What is your most embarrassing death

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Psychic
Mine is either thinking that my Ferrothorn could tank a Lucario a Tangela could tank a SE attack. But honestly my favorite is me putting in Abra against Mars (with the intention to switch out obviously) and then me clicking on the fight button and using teleport because I wasn’t paying attention, and suddenly my Spoon guy was a Ghost.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Leaving an unevolved Rock-type in front of a fully evolved Ground-type just because it had an SE move and I thought it could outspeed.

Also, a certain incident with Jessie's Arbok outspeeding a Pokemon I'd just received and was about to use in what was practically its first battle, getting a SE OHKO. I won't give details because it's an important plot moment in Ori's Gift, but it should be noted that Pokemon had already become a favorite of mine in the short time I'd had it, and losing it right out of the gate really hurt.

Ardomew

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Normal, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Violet Wizard. Passionate about art, food, and games.
My first attempt at Pearl had my Geodude die to a Pachirisu thanks to Magnitude derping on me and Bide.

Another would be in Sun, where my Wimpod burned a trainer's Machop with Scald, triggering Guts and allowing it to oneshot my isopod. That was so disappointing!

Duke_Maniac

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok when I mean “Most Embarrassing” I mean “You could’ve seen this death coming from a mile away ie letting your swampert face a grass type

Neotornado

Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
Mine was, yet again, a touhoumon purple story. Shoutouts to getting a level 52 Rinnosuke (steel/fighting dream) get killed by a level 16 Chibi Rin (unevolved beast-type) by a combo of fire spin and confuse ray. (I was trying to steal an evolution shard, I forget what happened but fire spin + confuse ray is a FUN combo to get locked into)
As for canon pokemon, there have been a few times where I've had a mon just barely survive an attack with awesomeness... only to get picked off by sandstorm/hail/poison point/flame body right after.

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
As for canon pokemon, there have been a few times where I've had a mon just barely survive an attack with awesomeness... only to get picked off by sandstorm/hail/poison point/flame body right after.
This happened to me twice in the same run of Ultra Moon, on Mount Lanakila. Losing my Shiny Noivern to Hail and Primarina to Sandstorm damage. The former's death was one of the angriest moments I've ever had in a nuzlocke as I predicted Zoroark wrong and it was obvious in hindsight. Primarina's death pissed me off too, because it was the second Primarina that died literally right before the Elite Four.

SimplyUnknown

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Mine was probably on my first X nuzlocke, non-recorded. I sent out my Goodra against a Victory Road trainer to beat his Golem. Got it down to the red and thought, oh, I should use a 100% accuracy move instead of STAB Muddy Water because I didn't want to miss. So I used Thunderbolt. On a Golem. One crit Stone Edge later and I was off to the box to mourn. God, and I realized my mistake the second I pressed down.

Sterling-Starlight

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Addicted to carbonated beverages and chocolate. Can, and will, talk forever about her interests if she finds someone who will listen
It was Touhoumon Merry... I think? In any case, I had gotten my hands on a coveted Yuuka, which is grass/dark in those games. So, what does young Starlight do? Decide to train her in Yamame Cave. Which is full of bug types. That Yuuka was 4x weak to. She didn’t even last a day.

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Can’t remember for now, but I predict once I do a gen8 run it will be against a high leveled mon in the wild area.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
There were a couple of really embarrassing deaths in my abandoned Moon wonderlocke. First I lost Houndour to a Fletchling because I'd forgotten it was Normal/Flying instead of Fire/Flying, used Smog instead of Ember, missed, and got Flailed to death. Then I lost my Lucario to a freaking Bonsly. Low Kick on a fully evolved Steel-type is nothing to sneeze at.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
I was the idiot who kept a Leavanny in on a Flying type in a Triple Battle in Black 2.

I assumed Gligar was Flying in name only, because in my competitive experience, Gliscor almost never runs Flying moves.

I was horribly wrong, and Leavanny paid for my idiocy with his life. RIP Frank, Lvl 3-41.

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
In Platinum I sent my Level 20 Onix out to face a Kadabra. I figured that since Kadabra was Level 16, it would only have Confusion to worry about, and so long as I survived one hit, I could take it out with a Rock Tomb. If it didn't kill, at least I'd have reduced its speed to make getting the first shot more likely in the next round.

Cue Hidden Power Fighting and my Onix dying. The first of four deaths during that run.

SirKillalot98

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 27, 2019
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
One that stands out was a Pokemon Platinum Run. I had Rotom to take care of Crasher Wake's Gyarados and maybe Floatzel. Said Rotom had Shock Wave. I end up pressing the wrong button and lock myself to Uproar.

Then said Rotom was killed. So many regrets

Couples-Consoling

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
A married couple Nuzlocking together!
Uuuuughhh, mine's on TAPE. We had a Watchog we'd gotten REALLY attached to out fighting a wild Zebstrika we were trying to catch. It used pursuit. We talked about how it used pursuit, and how that meant we should be careful about switching out. We then got hit down low, IMMEDIATELY forgot about pursuit, and tried to switch out. Bang, dead Watchog. And that's when the problems really started.

Snow Peregrine 0

Sinnohoan Talonflame (Talonfrost? Talonfreeze?)
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 19, 2019
Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Ice
Pokédex Entry
An ice-type subspecies of Talonflame that is found in Sinnoh. It is socially awkward as all hell.
Hoo boy... A Y nuzlocke I did earlier this year comes to mind. Almost, if not all of the deaths were stupid.

Berserk the Gyarados had joined just after gym 6, I believe, but I became attached to him quick after he beat Lysandre's Gyarados all three times. He seemed invincible... Then, I ran into a Haunter on Victory Road. Despite thinking it might have Destiny Bond, I still had him attack. Sure enough, Destiny Bond.

I had almost reached the end of Victory Road. Sediment the Hippowdon was in the yellow, and when given the switch prompt for a Snorlax, I switched in Masamune the Aegislash instead of keeping in Sediment and healing her. Sacred Sword didn't OHKO. The opposing Snorlax used Earthquake!

My plan for Diantha's Gourgeist was to have Radiant the Delphox use Calm Mind a few times to protect against its attacks and then OHKO with Shadow Ball. I didn't realize it's ghost moves were physical, not special.

Afterwards, I used Orichal the Lucario to avenge Radiant (I probably should've just used him against it in the first place). I noticed that Tadpole the Poliwrath's special defense was higher than Orichal's, even though he was mega evolved. I sent her out against Gardevoir and tried to have her use Poison Jab, having forgotten she was weak to psychic and fairy.

The moral of the story: I'm a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
Having my nidoking use dig against a dugtrio that knew earthquake.

( ':

SilverDoe

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Reading through this thread makes me feel a lot better about the myriad of times I've had embarrassing deaths.

I have a tendency to forget things. Case in point, in a LeafGreen run I was battling against a Haunter in Saffron Gym with my Venusaur. I forgot my venusaur was confused, tried to use razor leaf, he hurt himself, and then the Haunter finished him off with night shade. Forgetting about Pokemon being confused has happened more than once... too many times. Luckily it mostly results in close calls.

I also have a terrible habit of forgetting about type match-ups or just straight up confusing even obvious ones. Such as when I sent out a Flygon against Diantha's Gardevoir in a Y Nuzlocke and didn't realize my mistake until it moonblasted him out of the sky. (It had only used Psychic up until that point and I forgot it was also fairy type. In my defense, it was my first time playing Y. But against my defense... I had a Kirlia at one point during the run and should've known better.)

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
There's been a few that made me want to facepalm really hard.

Very first run in Ruby, training up a Vibrava. For some reason I thought training him in Shoal Cave was a good idea...weirdly enough, it was actually going okay until one Spheal randomly survived an attack.
You can guess what happened next.

A few runs later, I'm playing LG and have a Rhydon against one of Bruno's Onixes. I figured "oh, I have Dig and Onix is weak, what could happen?"
Cue Earthquake. Worst part is, I still had my own EQ TM that for some reason I didn't give her?

Then just a couple runs ago in Moon, I somehow managed to lose a Gyarados against a damn Ditto. Granted it was 2v1 and it got a lot of flinchhax, but...yeah that one sucked :cybercrime:

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 25, 2019
I have a bunch of these... my first ever nuzlocke was in Y, I chose to try to grind a Litleo from level 6 on the desert route. The one with Dugtrio. You can imagine how that went.
Later that run, I left my Tyrantrum at half health in on a Durant, because obviously that's going to go well.

Kadabra used Miracle Eye on my Stunky. I didn't know what Miracle Eye did so I assumed it would be ok. It was not ok.

Lost my first encounter in White 2 (was level 4 at the time) to multiple crit tackles from a level 2 wild patrat.

I got swept by the Inverse Battle Surskit in an ORAS wonderlocke... that one hurt.

Not mine but I saw someone lose a full team to a male Combee once. T

Garnet

Hater of the Monty Hall Problem
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
Dark, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Spoiler for a run I swear I will someday post a comic or something of: Lost a Liepard, who only a level prior managed to defeat N's Sigilyph without taking damage, to... a 5 hit Double Slap crit from a wild Audino. Twas a hell of an anticlimax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)