• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke General What are the luckiest moments you've had in your nuzlockes?

Thread Description
When RNG blesses you

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
I got pretty lucky in VC Crystal recently. Not only did I get a shiny Elekid from the Odd Egg (2% chance), but I also encountered Miltank at 5% via dupes clause. Even then, it was only my second encounter and I run a three chances rule where I have to get whatever the third thing is so I could have easily duped out or gotten one of the other more common non-dupes (Pidgeotto or Magnemite for example). Then I encountered Mantine AND Skarmory without invoking dupes clause at all, plus a shiny Onix while Victory Road grinding.

OmegaAlphaDelta123

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 24, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
They
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fighting
I just caught an Adamant Darumaka in Black 1, probably the best possible nature for it apart from Jolly.

It gets better though, I checked it's Attack stat through Psypoke's IV Calculator and it's Attack is somewhere between 26 and 31 IVs. Close to, if not at maximum.

If this thing manages to survive and become a Darmanitan, I'll have a freaking nuke on my team!

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
I’ve been having amazing luck rolling female starters as of late. 2 out of the 3 starters I got in Fire Red Advanced turned out to be female, as did my one in Shield and one of the ones I got in Fire Red Omega.
Same! I feel like I've been getting so many female starters lately (which is great because it's SO much easier for me to think of good female names vs. male names).

During my blind Ultra Sun run my Pokemon Refresh benefits kicked in and my Incineroar survived a Photon Geyser from Ultra Necrozma with 1HP. It still killed three of my other pokemon, but I felt lucky that the one it did save was my starter, who was also the only one with a super effective move against Ultra Necrozma, which then allowed me to take it out. It was quite cinematic, with my Incineroar surviving a hit that would no doubt have killed it and then striking back and completely decimating this unstoppable force of death and destruction.

Couples-Consoling

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
A married couple Nuzlocking together!
Probably our fight against Raihan. He had MULTIPLE chances to take out MULTIPLE Pokemon on our team, and he somehow went the EXACT wrong way each time. I think he COULD have wiped us if his AI hadn't decided to wimp out.

If you want to see, the fight starts around 16:15:

Shruikan

Bookwyrm
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 10, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon appears shy and quiet, but bring up a subject that interests them and they can speak for hours nonstop.
Ok, so mine would be when I was training up a Petilil on route 4 forgetting that there were Darumaka there, which were also faster than said Petilil. Not wanting to risk failed escape, I swapped out to a stronger pokemon, severely underestimating how strong that random Daruamaka was. It's first attack knocked my Purrloin to red HP. (Can't remeber if it was a crit or not) Then the local sandstorm kicked in. I though they were a gonner, but it seems cat pokemon really do have nine lives, as they survived their third near-death experience of the playthrough with exactly 1HP left.

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
I was going up against Lucian in my UCL Pearl run, and he was down to his last mon, Bronzong. Its only weakness is Fire type attacks, but it had Earthquake so using any actual Fire types would be a grave mistake. Instead I went with my Gastrodon, set up rain, and started spamming Surf. Bronzong immediately sets up 2 Calm Minds, so I hit it for less damage with Surf and it can absolutely destroy me with Psychic.

Then comes the lucky part... it never once used Psychic, instead opting for Gyro Ball and Earthquake, both of which Gastrodon resists. Still, I wasn't taking it down anytime soon, especially considering Lucian had just healed and Gastrodon's Surf had 2 PP left... and then it hit a crit, demolishing Bronzong from nearly full health. If it hadn't been for him, I'm pretty sure I could have wiped then and there.

Duke_Maniac

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Psychic
I'm fighting Claire, my main hope to defeat her, went down and my Main counter remaining is my Meganium. If Kingdra Crits once, Meganium is dead. She proceeds to not get crited once, and possibly saving the run for me.

Then I lost to the komino girls :P

InfiniteRiver

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Is most often observed trying her hardest. Whether it really is has never been verified in the wild.
My SoulSilver team got Pokérus right after entering Azalea town. After flipping out from excitement and infecting everyone on my team, I promptly retired my Beedrill to be my eternal Virus Carrier in her own special PC box.
(Pokérus fact: the countdown "recovery" timer only advances each day if the mon is in your party when the clock passes midnight)

I still put the rest of my team in the PC at night because i'm paranoid and like the aesthetic.

Riboo

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Oh man, the famous one HP left thing happened to me a number of times. I would have def have lost more mons if not for their amount of affection or just want to hang on because of that. In particular a 'mon surprised me with a move I didn't think it could have had and would have OHKO'd mine if not for that.

Then, lucky/not so lucky, ran into a shiny Zubat in another run that was a rom, then ran into a legit shiny Magikarp only to find out that HEY they were remaking Gold and Silver, you could see why I was unhappy with that. TT UTT;;;;

Perpetually Underleveled

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 6, 2020
On my Platinum nuzlocke against Aaron, I had my Crobat out against the Vespiquen and it's set up a few defense orders and healed to full health. I try switching in my Staraptor for just a bit of extra power and it immediately lands a crit Fly, killing Vespiquen from full health... and then comes the Scizor, which my Staraptor proceeds to also crit and kill from full health.

I've told this one a lot, but back when I was relatively new at nuzlocking and my brother was even less experienced, we were doing a HeartGold nuzlocke that was essentially no grinding allowed, so we were going into Chuck with a lv. 23-24 team. Our lv. 23 Bayleef set up a Reflect but got smacked with Focus Punch through the reflect and got left with exactly 1 HP (said Bayleef had a +defense nature and wouldn't have survived otherwise). We switched out and the Poliwrath ended up killing everything else on the team except the Bayleef. At this point it's at full with its Sitrus used, but due to the level difference even overgrow boosted Razor leaf only knocks it down to 2/3 (I am able to hit a razor leaf becaause it tries to focus punch). The Poliwrath uses Hypnosis and then prepares a Focus Punch... and our Bayleef wakes up on the first possible turn and crits Razor Leaf, winning the battle!

Last edited:

NekoSuave

TFW you lose someone you love to a crit.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
I've got several ongoing runs right now (like, way too many runs), so I've had plenty of moments like this.

In my recently completed Red Nuzlocke, one of my first encounters was an Abra. She broke out of a ball and tried to Teleport away, but the move failed. She broke out again, and I prepared for the worst...until Teleport failed again! The third ball caught her, and she (now named Timpani) tore through Kanto. She's sitting pretty in a box in my non-Nuzlocke Gold game (fun fact: she was the only girl in my Red Hall of Fame team). I might actually do a Genlocke once I'm done with my Gold Nuzlocke (which will hopefully be soon, since Red's the only guy I have to beat now).

Some time ago, on my Pearl Nuzlocke, I was training my team up for Fantina. Turns out I caught the Pokérus at some point, because the final two Pokémon that I was training had it along with a bunch of the boxed ones that I brought along to evolve. Needless to say, the boxed Pokémon are now carriers. But then, not long after that, I ran into a Shiny Meditite! I have a Medicham on my team, but if something happens to him, at least I've got an immediate replacement. All of my fights (including the one with Fantina) have gone swimmingly since.

My Black Nuzlocke gifted me a savior in the form of a Shiny Purrloin. I always fret over the first gym if I don't catch a Purrloin, since it's the only Pokémon that gets Growl and Sand Attack at that point in the game. Yeah, she might not make it far, but she helped me when I needed it the most, so I'm grateful.

In my Black 2 Nuzlocke, my encounter in the Virbank Complex was a Magnemite. Roxie stood no chance.

That being said, my good luck in some runs probably explains my utterly abysmal luck in others... *glares at my Ruby and White 2 Nuzlockes*

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
So my Emerald Nuzlocke is going incredibly as far as catches go. I have a Gardevoir, Azumarill, and Absol. I got teased with a 2nd encounter Skarmory. This is my second time catching a Pikachu in a Nuzlocke, and this one also has a light ball. What is going on?

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
Ground, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
when my mamoswine dogded 2 sludge bombs at 23 hp from red's venasuar winning me the battle

Last edited:

pikamewphlosion

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
In Pokémon White, my Vanilluxe, Diamond Joe, seemed to get Crits and Freezes like she was kissed on the forehead by an Angel at birth. But that really came to a head vs Ghetsis: his Hydra did almost half with Dragon Pulse. I was praying that it missed focus blast so she could kill: it wouldn’t end the run if she went down, but id seen enough bloodshed.

Fire Blast. My heart sank, until....

“DiamondJoe avoided the attack!”

she then proceeded to score a critical hit just to insult the hackdreigon for everything it was worth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)