• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

What’s the reasoning behind your nature?

Exoskellet

Novice bone collector
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 29, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Likes skeletons
I consider myself as pretty chill and trying to see the bright side of life , that's pretty much it

MouseWithADinosaurTail

A Comedian At Heart
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
She's like a sea urchin. Tough and prickly on the outside, but delicate and easily wounded if hit the wrong way. Please handle gently.
I went with Quirky because Im kinda a weirdo irl. I dress like an adorable hobo, I walk into peoples houses without even announcing Im coming or show up in the middle of the night, I tend to SCREAM at random times, et cetera. I have a reputation as the Weird Friend or that One Quirky Family Member, always running off doing random, inexplicable shit at weird hours of the day. Its just who i am. ^w^ Hence, quirky!

starmouse

All in service of some implacable "just cause".
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is said to be scared of its own shadow. It can often be found sitting in the rain.
Impish because I'm a pretty playful person and I like pranks. My mother in law also chose "impish" to describe me when presented with a list of Pokemon natures (long story), so yepyep.

Aureum

All it takes is just one smile.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
From the Country of the Ketchup Chips, Aureums are an anxious bunch with a love for games of all sorts. Batteries not included.
Lonely because...
I’m lonely.
Social Anxiety Sadness Noises

pinkshellos

oh man oh beans oh m
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates her more than companionship is food.
I took two quizzes and they both gave me Calm, so I went with it. I took the PMD 2 quiz after reading another answer that mentioned it and the description fits me pretty well too.

Blacksheep28

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
I tend to be eccentric, off the wall, come at things oddly, and not generally interested or focused on what others are, even if we're enjoying the same thing. So definitely quirky

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
I picked lonely as it's the overwhelming feeling that prevails when depression hits me. Isolation, all that unhealthy nonsense. Trying to stave off such tendancies. Maybe one day I'll change it to careful or lax.

Though if there was a tired nature, I'd be that.

Abigail

Harmony Princess (ハーモニープリンセス Hāmonīpurinsesu)
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 10, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ice
Pokédex Entry
A girl with magical abilities, Abigail is willing to help her friends no matter the problem.
I'm Adamant because I usually don't have time to upload things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alchemy

One of those casuals
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 17, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/Her & They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Cabbie Alfie is a more reliable trainer than this idiot.
Calm? I rarely react to things that normally incite panic, surprise, excitement, etc in others these days. That's about it as far as reasoning goes.

khorale

Ruler of the Pillow Fort
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 22, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
She enjoys showing off her artwork to others, and constantly discovers new techniques to experiment with
I'm pretty hasty, and I often rush into new projects - like I'm not done my Sun nuzlocke but already I want to start a comic run! I like to post my updates as soon as possible, and I just feel like I lose momentum if I slow down.

sormaru

Head in the clouds
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 3, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Likes making food and sharing with people. However, creatures may be driven away due awkwardness and excessive puns
I've had plenty of people in irl tell me that I'm weird but in the good way. So ya quirky fits. I enjoy being that way tbh.

Fuguhui-8

A pika-boy
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him or They/Them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This creature tends to lurk in the shadows, only coming out when it feels necessary. Despite this it seems to enjoy playing around with other pokémon.
Tbh I actually had my nature as Rash up til some time ago, because I've done more than my fair share of dumbassery.

Recently I picked up the PMD remake demo and got "hardy", I admit I cried while reading the description when I realized "Shit this game is right"... Gonna get real for a minute; I haven't had a very easy or pleasant life and recently it's gotten worse than I could have imagined, but it got me thinking I made it through the rest of my life and if I keep it up maybe I'll make it through this too... Aside from that I'm more stubborn than a couple of tectonic plates trying to move back into Pangea shape and have a level of patience that could probably rival Buddha! If "dense" were a nature it'd be the only other part of my personality that doesn't 180 lol!

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
I went with careful because I'm, admittedly, very very risk averse. So, natural fit right there, I'd say.

CompleteWingback

Professional Overgrinder
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Ice
Pokédex Entry
often forgets that selfdestruct exists
"hardy" usually applies to people who are less likely to suffer from stressful environments, traumatic events, and such - which definitely would not describe me

but I'm going with my own definition of "hardy", which is summed up by the fact that I'm still myself after all the shit I went through

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
I chose careful because I'm a very, very cautious person who doesn't like to take risks, I'm pretty hesitant and overthink my options before I make a decision, so careful seemed to fit the best.

Couples-Consoling

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 8, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever
Pokédex Entry
A married couple Nuzlocking together!
I found when I was a kid, my intelligence was the thing I was consistently praised for. Not athleticism, or toughness, or bravery, or anything like that - intellect. So I overvalue intelligence and have attempted to groom it in myself. So... cleverness it was.

SkeletonCupcake

☣Trash Panda☣
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 28, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Poison
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is prone isolating themselves. They can usually be found lurking in the dark, drawing, writing, or avoiding sleep.
I am a quiet person, at least generally. I tend to avoid talking too much, but I can type up a storm, and laugh pretty loud. It just depends on who I'm talking to. But, Sassy, Quirky, and Lonely were all considered too, for various reasons.

AnomalousReadings

MissingNo.
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 21, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
???
I take a while to warm up to people & actually come out of my shell, which is also affected by my social anxiety disorder (although its been helped by various resources, i.e. medication, therapy).
Quirky would most likely fit how I am with people I know & trust.

RadiantBeam

Evil Good
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water
I'm just generally a pretty calm person. I try to keep everything chill and keep a rein on my temper, which I think probably comes from working in a job that involves managing people/being one of the older members in a few of my Discord servers.

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
I'm a very shy person irl and on the net,, so...timid fits me more than anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)