• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

What’s the reasoning behind your nature?

Rhema

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
Credit to @Rubombee who posted a similar question regarding typing, but I want to hear your reasoning for whatever nature you’ve chosen for your profile on the forums!

For me, I just consider myself a careful person in the sense that I’m hesitant and guarded. I suppose careful can also mean “full of care” as well, and I’d definitely consider myself a pretty emotional person.

How about you?

Last edited:

Time Master Eon

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon switches rapidly between passion and apathy
Honestly, because I'm kinda lazy and I think Lax fits that best.

Also, why are you crediting me? I wasn't the one that started that thread, it was @Rubombee, I was just the person who responded before you.

Thanks for crediting the right person.

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I'm Quirky because I'm quirky. I mean, I write weird Twitch Plays Pokemon fanfiction. If anything makes someone quirky, it's that.

Rhema

Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
She tries her best, but doesn't succeed. She gets what she wants but not what she needs.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly, because I'm kinda lazy and I think Lax fits that best.

Also, why are you crediting me? I wasn't the one that started that thread, it was @Rubombee, I was just the person who responded before you.
Lol I’m tired and stupid, I apologize! Will fix that ASAP

surfe

I am SHOPKEEP. I desire ALL RUBLES.
Hacker
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
hi
Timid because I'm a timid and anxious person. It's pretty much self explanatory! Although statwise I'm not sure I fit +speed -attack...

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
As a kid, the PMD 2 personality test always told me I was rash. Cue Young Me declaring angrily, "I'm not a rash!" and looking up the answers to "game the system."

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
I'm a careful person, very rarely wanting to rush into things and often thinking/worrying about consequences. (Although if we were involving flavor preferences, I'd definitely be Timid.)

d'angelo russell

tomorrow ain't promised to no-one
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he - him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
it was banished for its violence. it silently gazes upon the old world from the distortion world
adamant bc I'm fiercely proud and opinionated and don't make a habit of backing down. also committed to whatever I pick up, it's brittle strength but it's a strength nonetheless. lonely probably fits too tbh (+atk 4lyfe)

(e: hundredth post lol)

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
I'm on the autism spectrum, which gives me a few traits that aren't quite what would be expected of a neurotypical person. My mannerisms and fixations made the choice of Quirky easy.

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
I chose Quiet because... well, I'm quiet in real life. Don't talk a lot, that's about it. Pretty self-explanatory.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
I used to have it as Lonely, which I think is pretty self-explanatory. Now, though, I prefer to think of myself as Hardy because life keeps throwing difficult stuff at me but I always fight through it and keep going. (Well, mentally hardy, that is. My body is hella fragile...)

csidvuL

Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
When I’m not on the clock in some fashion I’m pretty dang laid back. Hence, lax.

io_

planning things is easier than writing them xdfbgn
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
preferably they/them please :) please don't be mad at me over it
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This friendly ghost lurks around sites of interest and tries to say hi. They may project a little too much onto their writing.
i may mercilessly tease ppl on here but irl i feel guilty about even hurting bugs and i do my best to care for others

Ephemera

Faerie of the Viridian Forest
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tries to find the wonder in everything. Hopes to be more kind as each day passes.
I had my nature as Quirky until recently – I'm a pretty eccentric person in real life (read: I'm weird). I don't blend in at all, haha.
I guess I could also be Timid or Bashful? I'm anxious about a lot of things IRL, and I'm shy to post online.

But, I'll stick with Lonely for now. It took me a while to join any online communities, and I feel slightly out of place, even though I love the communities I'm in now. Also, a lot of the things that got me into these interests years ago have changed or ended before I got here, and it feels like I'm too late.

Haha, that got almost too real. Anyhow, I'm Lonely because I'm lonely, I guess. 🙃

OrdoSkirata

Space Nerd
🎇Contributor
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Wild Ordo will often hide alone; however, caught specimen are loyal until their death.
I used to be Quiet but I got over it (there's Backstory Mess behind that). Now Modest fits better, in the sense that I'll do all the work and absolutely want none of the credit. Seriously, don't do it.

mykehroo

holy moly i am worry
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 23, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
i'm a dude brooooo
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is currently kerfuffled by this feature. Kerfuffled isn't a word.
Honestly, I picked Adamant as my nature when I played White so long ago. I never knew what it meant.

Now that I do know what it means, I know it's definitely not my nature. But I still picked it out of some pointless nostalgia.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
I'm a very quiet person-especially IRL-hence my Quiet nature. (Admittedly I'm not as quiet online, but I still think it fits :v: )

mondograss

Bard of Life
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pokémon Type
Dark, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is infamously irritable, but it comes down from its rage quickly. It is quite loyal to kind, patient Trainers.
PMD 2 gave me a Naive nautre. (Chimchar!) I feel it's the most accurate nature. My personality can flip-flop between forward and shy, calm and furious, quirky and reserved. But through it all, I am very naive. I don't really pick up on a lot of what should be common knowledge, and I generally expect the best of people.
I feel like the PMD 2 text says it well enough.
You seem to be... the naive type! You're so open and innocent! What a strong sense of curiosity you have! And you state your opinions purely, sharing exactly what you think. You also have an artistic spirit that isn't restrained by social conventions! You startle people with your spontaneity and vision. But when you overdo it, other people can have a hard time keeping up with you... Have you noticed people looking at you oddly? As if for no apparent reason?
It's a bit of a flattering description, but not too inaccurate.

MorpekoPekoyama

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 22, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Takes themselves a bit too seriously, but is otherwise friendly. It is most active in the middle of the night.
People have been telling me that I take myself "too seriously" since as far back as I can remember. They're not wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)