• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto Mon Untraveled Road - A Randomized Leafgreen Nuzlocke (IT'S BACK!!!)

Thread Description
A comic based on a nuzlocke run of a randomized LeafGreen game. Follow Alice and her team as they explore a crazy, unpredictable world! Last updated on 7/7/2020
C

Cas

Misty is such a troll. I agree with Pillow; it's amusing to read, but also if I had to deal with her every day, I'd be quite frustrated. As our protagonist is finding out. Man, her outfit has a lot of functions, doesn't it? Heating capabilities? That sounds like a fire hazard. I just wonder what this next world will hold, what magical mysterious and monstrosities we'll uncover.

Mapsal

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
EDIT: Page 73 is up! Chapter 4 is done!
Jirachi was my encounter for Vermillion, which I got through fishing. Igor (the Vigoroth) was actually the "Magikarp" that is sold in the Pokemon Center of Mt Moon. However, since I had forgotten to talk to the Magikarp guy the first time I was there, I backtracked there after getting Cut and Surge's badge. Thus, I inserted him in the story as one of the freed Pokemon from SS Anne.
So, that weird flashback... Basically, a few years ago, I had joined an OCT (original character tournament), with Alice as my character. All you need to know about it is that it was nuzlocke-related (thus, many Pokemon deaths), and that there was an evil Jirachi. The image is ripped straight from one of my entries for that tournament, though obviously turned into grayscale. Anything else of importance will be explained in-comic!

P

Pillowcase

don't look a gift horse in the mouth, alice :v

... oh hang on it took me like five looks at that page to realise she was putting the mask on her shoulder as a shoulder pad and not just putting it away

E

EmeraldGlee

Oh yay I finally caught up.

1. Barry is such an adorable little thing. Is he based on DPPt's Barry? Seeing V all frustrated is also very entertaining.

2. That mask shoulder pad is a really good idea. Nice touch, Alice!

3. I think my favorite character so far is V. His long-winded, self-absorbed speeches are so amusing. His self-confidence is through the roof and it's funny.

4. Misty is such a troll.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Wow you update fast. That or I really haven't been commenting much.
Can't say I blame Alice for a bit of suspicion, considering what story she comes from.

C

Cas

omg Barry is actually super cute? I love him a lot. And I agree, I think V is pretty great. He's so smug and overconfident and full of himself... Just the kind of character I love to hate on, hehe. The font you're using for him now is perfect, it's legible and not too bright and still suits him!

The mask is nothing special, huh? That's kind of a let down. At least Alice gets a cool new armor piece. But still, it makes me wonder as if there's not something special with it...

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pillowcase said:
don't look a gift horse in the mouth, alice :v

... oh hang on it took me like five looks at that page to realise she was putting the mask on her shoulder as a shoulder pad and not just putting it away
Well, later we'll learn that she has a good reason to be distrusting...

I have forgotten to draw it in half the pages ever since, and always have to go back to add it...
EmeraldGlee said:
Oh yay I finally caught up.

1. Barry is such an adorable little thing. Is he based on DPPt's Barry? Seeing V all frustrated is also very entertaining.

2. That mask shoulder pad is a really good idea. Nice touch, Alice!

3. I think my favorite character so far is V. His long-winded, self-absorbed speeches are so amusing. His self-confidence is through the roof and it's funny.

4. Misty is such a troll.
Thanks for reading!

1. Yeah, he's based on DPPt Barry, as well as Barry Allen, aka The Flash. Frustrated V is fun to write.

2. It's a good idea... But I tend to forget to draw it half the time, so I have to go back and add it...

3. I'm glad you like him. Sometimes is tough to make his speeches long enough.

4. Trollsty.
Bug said:
Wow you update fast. That or I really haven't been commenting much.
Can't say I blame Alice for a bit of suspicion, considering what story she comes from.
Well, I update once per week...

I haven't decided if anything from Snakewood is canon for this story.
Cas said:
omg Barry is actually super cute? I love him a lot. And I agree, I think V is pretty great. He's so smug and overconfident and full of himself... Just the kind of character I love to hate on, hehe. The font you're using for him now is perfect, it's legible and not too bright and still suits him!

The mask is nothing special, huh? That's kind of a let down. At least Alice gets a cool new armor piece. But still, it makes me wonder as if there's not something special with it...
It's good to know you're enjoying them!

Hey, not having any special properties doesn't make it useless ;)

Vivificient

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokédex Entry
Its peering eyes are all that can be seen of its mysterious innards.
Looks like Barry uses Speed Boost on his mouth but not his brain. : D

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Vivificient said:
Looks like Barry uses Speed Boost on his mouth but not his brain. : D
Yeah, his mouth is 10 times faster than his brain. XD

Anyways, new pages are up! (54-56)

P

Pillowcase

well it's a good thing he finally put his money where his mouth is, otherwise they would all have been boned (ding)

E

EmeraldGlee

Ooh! We get to see V in action. He's even cooler than I thought.

And hmm~ That tidbit about Nuzleaf's reincarnations are interesting.

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pillowcase said:
well it's a good thing he finally put his money where his mouth is, otherwise they would all have been boned (ding)
Yeah. He proved he's bad to the bone.
EmeraldGlee said:
Ooh! We get to see V in action. He's even cooler than I thought.

And hmm~ That tidbit about Nuzleaf's reincarnations are interesting.
That tidbit might be just random trivia. Or might be the most important thing in the comic's story. One or the other. XD

Also, pages 57-58 are up!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Oh wow, I really lik the little animated bits. How did you manage to make them so seamless when converting from a traditional media? The background stays ... err, continuous? when you animated the wings. And the image doesn't look compressed at all! I am impressed.

C

Cas

Oh, I just love the animation on this page! It's simple but it's really cute and dynamic? It's great! I also love how V is so "Ugh!!" and overdramatic. I love to hate characters like him, even though I'd squish him to bits. Vermilion looks somewhat normal, too, but who knows what could go on there.

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Bug said:
Oh wow, I really lik the little animated bits. How did you manage to make them so seamless when converting from a traditional media? The background stays ... err, continuous? when you animated the wings. And the image doesn't look compressed at all! I am impressed.
I'm glad you like them! What I did is draw the panel without Barry in it, and on a separate sheet of paper I drew his parts - head, body, wings, arms. Then, in photoshop, I copied the page into two layers. The first was the background layer, which I left untouched, while the second was the top layer, and put the parts in separate layers between the top and bottom.

In the top layer I cut the panel's interior, thus making the parts visible, and using the bottom layer as the background. After that, all I needed to do was coordinate the animation frames.

Cas said:
Oh, I just love the animation on this page! It's simple but it's really cute and dynamic? It's great! I also love how V is so "Ugh!!" and overdramatic. I love to hate characters like him, even though I'd squish him to bits. Vermilion looks somewhat normal, too, but who knows what could go on there.
Thanks! I'm glad the animation achieved its purpose, and since people seem to like them, I'll probably be doing more from time to time.
I really enjoy writing V's dialogue, and it's good to know people enjoy reading it!

E

EmeraldGlee

Wow! Animation! That has to be difficult to do.

And heh, I really love how messed up this alternate world is. I mean, wow, that vertical waterway looks so surreal. I love it~

A

Aozora

Ooh, I didn't expect to see a gif page!

And I love how Barry gets to be the one who always shuts V up XD Poor him.

Oh and just now I realized the panelling shift to the floating boxes style. Any... reason for the change? I mean story wise, or is that just artistic?

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
EmeraldGlee said:
Wow! Animation! That has to be difficult to do.

And heh, I really love how messed up this alternate world is. I mean, wow, that vertical waterway looks so surreal. I love it~
I wouldn't call it difficult, but it's certainly time-consuming. But since you people seem to like it, it's worth the effort!

I'm glad to hear that, because I was afraid it looked dumb instead of surreal.
Aozora said:
Ooh, I didn't expect to see a gif page!

And I love how Barry gets to be the one who always shuts V up XD Poor him.

Oh and just now I realized the panelling shift to the floating boxes style. Any... reason for the change? I mean story wise, or is that just artistic?
Poor V indeed.

I just randomly decide to do it one day, and I liked it, so I kept doing it. It has no deeper meaning. At least for now

Anyways, pages 59-61 are up!
EDIT: I forgot to add page 59 before, so if you read today's pages, reread them to see the missing page.

A

Aozora

Surge's hair. Much wow. Also what's his problem?! But we'll find out soon, maybe.

And dawwww, that's one cute dress Alice had to wear over there. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)b

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Aozora said:
Surge's hair. Much wow. Also what's his problem?! But we'll find out soon, maybe.

And dawwww, that's one cute dress Alice had to wear over there. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)b
I hope people spot the extremely obvious reference. ;)
His problem is that like Misty, he's crazy. Maybe even crazier than her.

I'm glad you like the design!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)