• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Kanto Mon Untraveled Road - A Randomized Leafgreen Nuzlocke (IT'S BACK!!!)

Thread Description
A comic based on a nuzlocke run of a randomized LeafGreen game. Follow Alice and her team as they explore a crazy, unpredictable world! Last updated on 29/06/2020

Mapsal

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
EDIT (29/6/2020): Pages 79-83 added!

EDIT (21/6/2020) WE'RE BACK, BABY! Pages 74-78 added!

Boy, it's been a long time. So long, in fact, that the whole forum has moved since I last updated this. Truth is, between me being unsatisfied with the quality of my art, a lack of ideas on how to move the story forward and my life getting busier in general, I had stopped working on the comic for over two years. However, a while ago I was able to deal with most of those issues and for almost six months I've been able to upload new pages weekly on dA. The reason I didn't update here as well, was because I honestly forgot about the forums... In any case, I'm here now, so, without any further ado...

Hello there!
Welcome to my Randomized Leafgreen comic!

First of all, check out the new cover!

Pretty sweet, huh? Much better than the old one, at the very least. I mean, see for yourselves!

So, as mentioned earlier, I have been uploading a new page to dA every week since the start of the year, so there are quite a few new pages to post here. Therefore, I will be posting 5 or so pages every week until I catch up with the pages on dA, at which point I'll be updating both at the same time.

But I can't leave you just with some new pages - here's some extra art!

A piece I drew for the 2018 Nuzlocke Halloween Collab
A set of Gijinka pictures I'm drawing for the comic's 6th Anniversary!

Igor the Vigoroth

Barry the Ninjask

Vaarsuvius the Gardevoir

Glaedr the Charizard

Cheryl the Sunkern

Last edited:

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
New pages! Chapter 1 is complete!

L

Lord Chair the III Esq.

Jeez self-destructing arboks are unlucky rip Nitress. This seems interesting can't wait to see where it goes! Also I like your cover, the pathways floating in a space like background is really neat.

P

Pillowcase

oh good lord this comic is already one of the wildest rides on the forums and you haven't even started on the first gym :v following!

C

Cas

I can't believe this comic just went from 0 to 110% real in a matter of a few pages. I love it. RIP Nitress

Emilianite

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 22, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Ice
Oh my gosh, this is all kinds of wild and good sort of bizarre and I love it. XD Everything that happens is unexpected and the humor is great. I really enjoy the art too! I really like how you draw backgrounds especially. Please keep it up.

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Thank you very much for your comments, everyone! I'm glad that the comic has made a good First Impression on you!

Lord Chair the III Esq. said:
Jeez self-destructing arboks are unlucky rip Nitress.
Yeah, dangerous wild Pokemon with powerful moves are common thanks to the Randomization, leading to potentially lethal encounters like this. On the flipside, though, it can also mean the chance for equally powerful allies, if the trainer is lucky enough ;)
Also I like your cover, the pathways floating in a space like background is really neat.
Thanks! Though I'm planning to redo the cover at some point in the future.
Pillowcase said:
oh good lord this comic is already one of the wildest rides on the forums and you haven't even started on the first gym :v following!
Cas said:
I can't believe this comic just went from 0 to 110% real in a matter of a few pages. I love it. RIP Nitress
Emilianite said:
Oh my gosh, this is all kinds of wild and good sort of bizarre and I love it. XD Everything that happens is unexpected and the humor is great.
I was lucky that the Randomizer gave me good material for an explosive (Pun intended) and fun start, since I believe that any story, no matter the medium, has to have an interesting enough beginning to capture the audience's attention. Of course, it won't be all explosions and actions, since some exposition and out-of-battle character development has to happen, too. But I'll try to make dialogue-heavy pages as non-boring as possible!

Emilianite said:
I really enjoy the art too! I really like how you draw backgrounds especially. Please keep it up.
I think I should mention that I've been using this comic for experimentation, trying some different techniques and art styles. As a result, some pages have a different feel - though most of the time the changes are subtle. So, if any of you see some change that you're not particularly fond of, please don't hesitate to tell me!

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
First four pages of Chapter 2 are up! Also added, chapter titles since I forgot to put them initially.

P

Pillowcase

that outrage pun

i kinda hate you and kinda love you :v

C

Cas

omg look at all the effort you've put on these pages. What kind of world is Alice on?? It's so futuristic and old-timey at the same time. You could say it's quite... random. Is she outraged by all of these powerful moves this early on?

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pillowcase said:
that outrage pun

i kinda hate you and kinda love you :v
I guess I'll get a lot of kinda hate and kinda love from you, since I tend to make quite a few puns... Not too many, I promise!
Cas said:
omg look at all the effort you've put on these pages. What kind of world is Alice on?? It's so futuristic and old-timey at the same time. You could say it's quite... random. Is she outraged by all of these powerful moves this early on?
Thanks, those pages were made about a year ago, during the week between the end of that February's exam period and the start of the new semester.
You know what they say... The world is never as mad as it could be!

Of course she's outraged! These moves mean that Lance's Pokemon are going to be using Splash and Harden!
I'm kidding I haven't fought Lance yet

S

SammieLily2

i love this already
the colors are wonderful and all of the outrage
i especially enjoy how there's a realistic element to the story: Alice was actually burned in the explosion and needed to be healed, they talk about braille, etc.
it gives it a nice touch and i'm excited for more :)

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
SammieLily2 said:
i love this already
the colors are wonderful and all of the outrage
i especially enjoy how there's a realistic element to the story: Alice was actually burned in the explosion and needed to be healed, they talk about braille, etc.
it gives it a nice touch and i'm excited for more :)
I'm happy you're enjoying it!
I think some realism is needed even in the most wacky and crazy story, to make the world somewhat believable. Otherwise, it will be just random shit for the sake of randomness. :)

L

Lord Chair the III Esq.

I love the backgrounds. They're so cool looking!

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
I love the backgrounds. They're so cool looking!
Backgrounds are one of the things I've been putting an effort to work on and improve over the course of the comic, so I'm glad you like them!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Oh, talk of a zombie apocalypse and a reference to Hoenn. Maybe Alice is from Snakewood? Just a guess. :P
I really do like the basis of the world being a bizarre realm where weird things happen. Alice's initial assumption that she is dead was pretty funny.

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Bug said:
Oh, talk of a zombie apocalypse and a reference to Hoenn. Maybe Alice is from Snakewood? Just a guess. :P
I really do like the basis of the world being a bizarre realm where weird things happen. Alice's initial assumption that she is dead was pretty funny.
Bingo! She was my player character in Snakewood (where I had named her Shade, since I was a dumb teenager and thought that edgy names like that are cool. Eventually I decided that it would be better as a last name and gave her the name Alice as a reference to "Alice in Wonderland", the classic tale of a girl exploring a bizarre world, as well as a refernce to the Resident Evil movies, which are about a zombie apocalypse and have a protagonist named Alice). She has a little backstory outside of the comic, which I will be revealing in the comic when needed. Her assumption that she is dead will make perfect sense once you know what is the last thing she remebers before awakening in this world.

Mapsal

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
5 more pages in Chapter 2!

P

Pillowcase

oh wow that's a creepily constructed route

it looks almost like the earth but everything except half the crust has been blown off by a meteor or something

C

Cas

I just love the scenery in this story? Everything is so warped and twisted; it honestly reminds me a lot of the Distortion World. I also love how Brock basically says, well, you know, if you just said please and asked me to move, I would have. Oh, non-violence, where have you been all my life?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)