• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Eight of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode bids adieu to another story and welcomes in a new one. Protagonists also star in our discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Teen Mon Undertow - A Moon Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates on Fridays

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Cheers to simplifying designs. I really love the way you showed the bracelet coming down! It was super smooth and fun to look at. But uhh, gotta say that if Kai hoped to be talked about any less by the townsfolk then that chance has been thrown out the window...

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Kai's too cool for Kahuna styled bracelet lol
yepyep, no complain with this one, and pretty smart way to do this imo
god speed, man!

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Gotta love Kai's face and body language of "Oh shit, oh fuck, imma get SMITED!" before Big Kroo up in the sky drops the bracelet. I live for the details~

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Riboo's Musings:
Really feeling Kai in this last part, there was some noise making in the house around the asscrack between night and morning AKA 4:50ish???? And try and I might, sleep wasn't havin' nothing to do with me, so I'm up now and waiting for a can of soda to cool in the fridge so I can call myself human again. This post'll be going up a bit later though, when most normal ass people are awake on this side of the world.

As for this page? Did a lot of fiddling and attempted fixing, but there wasn't much I could do to really negate how crowded the panels were by the text, a habit I've since improved on now that I plot text while working on a really rough pre-sketch for the page and do lettering right after instead of after having finished the art for the page like I'd been doing. Also I cannot with Kukui here, any time I draw him without the inclusion of what passes as pants wear in his book, there's always this creeping dred that somewhere off panel, he's freakin' butt naked XD

Hope you guys have a good weekend!

You've been chosen Kai, now prepare yourself! Also jiggles because I love almost all S/M Haus and this one is no exception <3
Sometimes it's better to simplify things to become more comfortable doing a looot pages. I know it's hard to keep a colorful comic ongoing so don't worry hehe
Yeah I'm really happy to see pretty much everyone was on board with the whole shortcut thing XD The visual of the z-bracelet really doesn't come up at any point in the script soooooo, no point in torturing myself.

It's clear that Tapu's got a hit list and doesn't want to raise suspicion by doing it themselves
*Wiggles brows* Oh you know it! It ain't called the Ruins of Conflict cause he's hosting tea parties and shit (Maybe Tapu cocoa parties thou)

The light in the bracelet is a really smart design choice! it gets what it needs to across without making your life difficult, hahaha. You’re right, less complex is absolutely better for designs you’ll have to draw over and over and over. The design traits you choose to keep are super memorable.
Hey, it retains its utility AND my hand ain't gonna be crying by the day's end. (Yeah hands can cry! ... Probably... maybe... not at all)

Love the sparkles from Tapu Koko trailing down to the panel where Kai catches the bracelet, this is such a creative take on the Sparkling Stone item from the game. It simplifies the design in a way that makes sense and is really neat!
Ye, tried to make the purpose two fold up in here, cause I wasn't about to go through the rigmarole of Kai having to explain HOW he got the stone, then peeps not believing him if we were goin' the standard route of things, makes things a tad more on the swift side.

Also Kai may secretly be a magic girl, I mean, sparkles and shit.

I like the Z-ring redesign; it fits our protagonist much better.
:Vc yes, good, glad ya think of it that way ;3 its not me being a lazy artist at all. > -> < -< Nope.

The yellow flying boy is at it again, granting kids armbands and sending them on dangerous quests fighting super-sized monsters.
Heh, yellow flying boy, and thus Tapu Koko was re-branded forever, and there ain't a damn thing they can do about it. Enjoy your hit A to win armband, Kai.

hey man the legendary knows a solid child when he sees one aight
One solid ass bearded child up in here, Tapu Koko knows what's up.

Ugh Hau is such a good kid I love him 😭
I'm always a sucker for "language!" jokes. C'mon kai this is a kids game!
Kai needs his own T for Teen rating plastered onto his forehead.

redemption jewelry (jewelry you get when redeemed)
Now at a Wal-mart near you, for only one easy payment of 59.99, you too will get yourself some nice, wholesome bling that says: I'm a good dude. I totally don't commit crime on the regular.

Cheers to simplifying designs. I really love the way you showed the bracelet coming down! It was super smooth and fun to look at. But uhh, gotta say that if Kai hoped to be talked about any less by the townsfolk then that chance has been thrown out the window...
Oh ho ho, we all know how Alola is, the grapevine is about to be set on FIRE. Shoulda stayed home, Kai.

Kai's too cool for Kahuna styled bracelet lol
yepyep, no complain with this one, and pretty smart way to do this imo
god speed, man!
Kai's a hipster and I never even knew.

Gotta love Kai's face and body language of "Oh shit, oh fuck, imma get SMITED!" before Big Kroo up in the sky drops the bracelet. I live for the details~
The face of: Oh shit, I've done fucked up, this is how I'm gonna die x2

Which, good job Kai, it hasn't even been 24 hours in comic and you still haven't stopped flirting with death and bodily harm.

i have drawn... ala...

grump boi

FUCKIN- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Look at this grumpy ass mo fo, I LOVE HEM, Best water dog boi This is such a Fox mood alright XD *Runs off yelling*

Also if you wanna leave a little tip to help support me, I've a Ko-Fi page now (No pressure though)

Undertow Mirrors

Deviantart
Tumblr
Twitter

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Ah, the perils of having a pet who hates sleep. And wants you to get up. NOW.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Hot damn Tapu Koko is the best Defense Attorney that side of Alola. Jail time taken off just b/c of its recommendation hot dang.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
morning person meet not-morning person. Antics ensue.

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Kukui is usually portrayed as so upbeat and jolly, it's fascinating to see him take this situation far more seriously. Also interesting that Tapu Koko wants Kai to take the trials again! It'll add a lot more meaning and interest as Kai journeys through the trials. It's such a unique set up, and I'm intrigued to see where it goes.
Also, Fox bugging Kai about his posture and waking up is just hilarious. I can tell these two are gonna play off of each other beautifully, and it's good that Kai has someone to keep his sleeping in habits in check.

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
I'm somehow both fox and kai when it comes to the posture thing. I sit so bad I'm probably giving myself scoliosis but when others sit with poor posture I remind them to straighten their back lol
And that last part is the biggest mood. I no longer have to wake up at 6 in the morning for work so that means its sleeping in until noon!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heh, tough choice indeed
I am surprised that Ikaika even agree to follow the shirtless man to his hideout
Is Ikaika around Kukui years old?

Never follow shirtless men home people.

(Also Kai is younger than Kukui, but old enough to drink)

ShiroInu

Unreliable Artist
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
she/her, they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Ooh loving this so far. Kai seems like a fun protag.

slinkyarts

Kanto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 29, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
kai u r my spirit animal even tho i am FORCED to rise early i wish not till noon

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
Normal, ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
the luvdisc are my favorite part of this page

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Well, you heard Tapu Koko, Kukui: You need to start wearing a shirt.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
I really like how you can consistently see people in the crowds wishing for koko to strike Kai down, and the tapu goes and gives him a friendship bracelet instead. Really I love this whole character dynamic Kai has with everyone, all knowing him and him knowing the traditions but still all that friction and conflict borne of a complicated past we haven't even seen yet. Such a good meal you've served here. Delicious. Also 7 is the best time to be awake and the seadog knows it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)