• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Teen Mon Undertow - A Moon Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates on Fridays

Riboo

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Riboo's musings

So yes, Kai is one of those fellows that can understand their Pokemon, honestly it made doing the Nuzlocke a lot easier in terms of characterization and conversations that can be approached in ways that a language barrier takes a bit longer to sort of side step around, and for the sake of brevity, I made this choice. Pluuuuus a lot of other Nuzlockes do the same, so I don't feel too guilty about it.

Also sunshine boi is here e we that is all

Undertow Mirrors

Deviantart
Tumblr
Twitter

WOW GOOD JOB KAI, REALLY SHOWS THEM HOW WRONG THEY ARE.

This is a good popplio design, thank you
:D Spite, the bestest motivator! Take that Kukui! Oh wait-

Okay for 1: I adore that Poplio design! I am very excited to see more of this moody water doggo. For 2: Kai, if you're going to introduce urself to a stolen Mon, maaaaaybe change ur shirt first? Might help with first impressions. :V

Also sorry to hear that u basically had a mini-move. Moving normally sucks enough without all the other factors here. Its really amazing the positive attitude you're keeping through it though! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you, and wishing the best for you and your loved ones during this time. ❤
; w; thank you, Fox is best pupper, I luff him and will show him proudly to everyone!

XD Kai, shoulda thought that though boy-o

Yeah its a process but its actually come along pretty well, we're nearly done with everything that needs to be in place to keep my parents safe and all. I've gotten used to my new space and am busily creating comics all the time -w- (with a side of youtube and some RP with my best buddy) So I'm content where I am, the next big step: Going back to work ; u;

Ah, I see Kai used Spite! ...The effectiveness? Debateable! :v: Heh, but in all seriousness, love Fox' serious little face, sure is a departure from your usual Popplio.
Very debatable XD Fox is going to contend that alright >W<

Aw fuck, it's a starter. No worries, Fox, Kai's just a fan of the ~aesthetic~
No one panic, its all good, nothing to see here folks, just a crime boi and his water dog, totes normal.

Now this is a very interesting and engaging set up! I wonder how Fox is going to react when he realizes he's a stolen starter (and his design is a refreshing and lovely take on the Popplio design!)
Thanks, I was worried about the kind of sleepy feel of Melemele in general, but I'm glad its been interesting to readers >W< Fills me with ... motivation :P

Kai u are a genius, this will really show them all how good and perfect you are
IKR? He perf boi, no one say otherwise. What do you mean he stole shit. What. WHAT?!

Oh dang I fell behind on this! Kai you wonderful terrible man. Soft on the kid and lead her to town, and yet goes and steals a starter. Foxtrot looks like he's gonna be a fun foil to our villain protagonist.
He's like those Tootsie roll pops. Crunching on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside... with a dash of crime.

*muffled rap music in the distance*
I commented on this before but- *Quietly screes* MAH CRIME BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI HE READY TO THROW DOWN FOR REAL! TYSM, I'ma go die now<3

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
There he is! Glad to see Hau make an appearance, even if it seems poor Fox isn't too happy about being replaced. Given that Hau is the definition of a sunshine boy, I can't wait to see what kind of dynamic he'll share with Kai!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
oh... oh ouch...

Anyway I got a real chuckle out of the "then understand this" panel b/c it's a fair response to hearing you were stolen. I like Kai but... he deserves the little slap.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
oh? that was a quick change of mind
I wonder why that is, is it becase the Popplio has a beef with the litten?
Hau is just too nice to call the island cop lol

originally I thougth you would use some non starter for thsi run as your starter since Kai is a Skull

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
I think we're missing the real question here: what's HALA thinking sending out a preteen? Like Kukui's sic-kid-on-thug nonsense in Malie garden, I can only ever question what many an Alolan adult is smoking , for I want NONE of it :v:

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Only a little bit stolen, as a treat. Foxtrot has a great response to this whole mess, just slappy the crime man. THough that quick turnaround at seeing Hau's got a starter already, I sense some character conflict and baggage hiding there. Can't wait to see it unpacked.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Is that... *sniff* trauma I smell? Oh, Fox, you fit in with Team Skull already! :0

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric

Riboo's musings

Man this week flew by like nothing. Always super excited and impatient to share the next page but then suddenly: ITS HERE. Really sneaks up on ya XD, I edited a few things going back to this page, the usual when it comes to looking back on older pages of comics and going: WELP EVERYTHING IS MISSING, guess I should do somethin' about that XDDDD Settled into my arrangements at home, but I'm super anxtious about going back into the real world as it were, there's so many things going on out there that it breaks my heart, its just too much to be honest! But I'm proud to see the good that's coming out of the worse of these situations as well, lotta people coming out to show their best and that's what I like to look to in hard times like this, the heroes of the moment<3

Hope you guys have a great weekend! Enjoy!

Undertow Mirrors

Deviantart
Tumblr
Twitter

There he is! Glad to see Hau make an appearance, even if it seems poor Fox isn't too happy about being replaced. Given that Hau is the definition of a sunshine boy, I can't wait to see what kind of dynamic he'll share with Kai!
*Shakes* I can't wait to share that dynamic to be honest, Hau, BEST SUNSHINE BOI!

oh... oh ouch...

Anyway I got a real chuckle out of the "then understand this" panel b/c it's a fair response to hearing you were stolen. I like Kai but... he deserves the little slap.
Rest in pieces Kai's face, we hardly knew ye vov

oh? that was a quick change of mind
I wonder why that is, is it becase the Popplio has a beef with the litten?
Hau is just too nice to call the island cop lol

originally I thougth you would use some non starter for thsi run as your starter since Kai is a Skull
Ugh, the slow drip of story and knowing why but having to wait until that update goes live TT ^TT Torture.

Dude, I would have loved Kai to have had a more Team Skull vibe sort of team from the get go, but that be the nature of Nuzlockes XD

I think we're missing the real question here: what's HALA thinking sending out a preteen? Like Kukui's sic-kid-on-thug nonsense in Malie garden, I can only ever question what many an Alolan adult is smoking , for I want NONE of it :v:
Pf, maybe past thirty, all their bones just become too fragile to do shit any more :P

Only a little bit stolen, as a treat. Foxtrot has a great response to this whole mess, just slappy the crime man. THough that quick turnaround at seeing Hau's got a starter already, I sense some character conflict and baggage hiding there. Can't wait to see it unpacked.
> w> And I can't wait to unpack it either, SO EXCITE!

Is that... *sniff* trauma I smell? Oh, Fox, you fit in with Team Skull already! :0
Mmm, smells like burnt sausage. Must be trauma alright ;3 COME FELLOW REJECT :D

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Hau is surprisingly OK with letting Fox stay with this guy, even if he is Team Skull. I doubt Hala will be, though. ._.

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
I can definitely sense some conflict between Fox and Litten, that will be interesting to see come into play in later battles. That panel of Hau holding Litten is absolutely adorable, but I don't think Hala is gonna be thrilled Hau left his Popplio in the hands of a Team Skull member

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
The conflict set up between these two is really interesting and I can't wait to see where it goes. Also I appreciate Kai just being really nice to this very upset blue child.

slinkyarts

Kanto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 29, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
see he has a heart look at the kindness given to this angry dog seal boy

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Oh, I am enjoying that little big nod to how awful Popplio's reception was at first, and tying that into in-universe terms. Gonna be fun to see their dynamic - two extremes on the good ol' Law/Chaos axis being stuck together is always some good stuff :v:

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Okay I'm really liking this so far! I always love when the protagonists arent the typical excited children just given a pokemon randomly and sent into their adventure lol (not that theres anything wrong with that of course). Anyway my point is i really like the concept so far haha. Your art style is also really nice and clean and I just love everything about this run so far! I'll be following

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Starter pokemon grudgingly sticking along on a temporary basis? Can't wait to see the inevitable warming up and sympathizing with one another's background troubles that led them to this unlikely situation. I love that stuff.

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Hey, congrats on the 1000+ views!

Also...

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Aw man, this comic is just a few pages in and it already ripped my heart out with the look on Fox' face as he realizes that he won't be Hau's partner.
Little do they know that the most suitable trainer to ever be suitable has already been found, it's the start of two misfits' great adventure! I'm excited. :3c

Also I just gotta say that Kai's Golisopod arm tattoos are the coolest thing ever!

holdinglines

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 9, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
ohh i really like how bright your colors are, definitely gonna check this run out!

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric

Riboo's musings

Another week that's just flown by. With this page, I did go back to make some small edits here and there and have diligently been working on pages like crazy, had a wild hair one day where I did nearly 10 pages worth of presketching to get a scene composed a bit more coherently than my script would have initially had me do, it was pretty satisfying, had quite a few moving and developing moments in it that I thought were interesting overall, so I hope when it comes out (*COUGH* over a year from now *Cough*) that it still stands well on its own.

Also, really appreciating all the engagement I've gotten with this comic, I was admittedly, VERY nervous about building the amount of buffer I had, tossing out a few comics and it being terrible, though I suppose most artist's have that anxiety about their work XD;; I'm just glad so many people seem to be enjoying it so far and can't wait to put out more for you guys!

Hope you guys have a great weekend! Enjoy!

Undertow Mirrors

Deviantart
Tumblr
Twitter

Hau is surprisingly OK with letting Fox stay with this guy, even if he is Team Skull. I doubt Hala will be, though. ._.
Heh, I'm sure Hau could take a 6'2" guy with his vim, grit and malasada styled determination >:D

I can definitely sense some conflict between Fox and Litten, that will be interesting to see come into play in later battles. That panel of Hau holding Litten is absolutely adorable, but I don't think Hala is gonna be thrilled Hau left his Popplio in the hands of a Team Skull member
I'm sure Hala is gonna be super chill and 100% cool as fuck with Team Skull ;3 TOTALLY

The conflict set up between these two is really interesting and I can't wait to see where it goes. Also I appreciate Kai just being really nice to this very upset blue child.
Yee, honestly can't wait to show it off, I love my blue water dog babu. He a good quality boi.

see he has a heart look at the kindness given to this angry dog seal boy
PF, don't tell Kai he's being kind, HE TOUGH MAN >:V Grrr

Oh, I am enjoying that little big nod to how awful Popplio's reception was at first, and tying that into in-universe terms. Gonna be fun to see their dynamic - two extremes on the good ol' Law/Chaos axis being stuck together is always some good stuff :v:
Def a knee jerk NOPE from people in general, as seems to be the trend with water Pokemon for the last few gens. Funny enough, I ended up getting Oshawott, Popplio and Sobble and found their kind of derpy designs charming, they just need some good quality squishing.

Okay I'm really liking this so far! I always love when the protagonists arent the typical excited children just given a pokemon randomly and sent into their adventure lol (not that theres anything wrong with that of course). Anyway my point is i really like the concept so far haha. Your art style is also really nice and clean and I just love everything about this run so far! I'll be following
Same, I find myself gravitating toward runs with older characters or ones where the character has quite a bit of background established before the Nuzlocke itself formally began. Def wanted Kai to fall into that so I hope its something you continue to enjoy!

Starter pokemon grudgingly sticking along on a temporary basis? Can't wait to see the inevitable warming up and sympathizing with one another's background troubles that led them to this unlikely situation. I love that stuff.
> w> Mmm, soon it'll be wholesome as fuck and the comic will just start shooting out rainbows everywhere. - w- A day I look forward to indeed.

veeerrrrry casually drops this here what
Hehe, I commented on this already buuuut

HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, the doki doki panic up in here is so damn tangible, I'm gonna just cry. I love this, and will save it in my folder 1,000 times.

Hey, congrats on the 1000+ views!

Also...

*Cri* I can't believe the comic is already there, Kai is such a loser boi yet HERE he is. AUUUUGH.

Aw man, this comic is just a few pages in and it already ripped my heart out with the look on Fox' face as he realizes that he won't be Hau's partner.
Little do they know that the most suitable trainer to ever be suitable has already been found, it's the start of two misfits' great adventure! I'm excited. :3c

Also I just gotta say that Kai's Golisopod arm tattoos are the coolest thing ever!

That moment where you realize that position has been filled.

Heh, ain't a tat type of person, buuuuut if i was, those would be the ones I'd go for.

ohh i really like how bright your colors are, definitely gonna check this run out!
One day, the colors will blind everyone, and my evil plan will have been completed >W> (BUT YES, THANK YOU SO MUCH>W<)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)