• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Alola Teen Mon Undertow - A Moon Nuzlocke

Thread Description
Updates on Fridays

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Hey, with Nebby and Tapu Koko, the numbers are even now! Hear that, dude? Math is going to save you!

Riboo

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Riboo's musings

So ordinarily I'd upload both on Deviant Art and the forums at the same time (unless there's some weird circumstances going on) but with site maintenance on the forums for my usual posting day, I decided to post Saturday instead rather it just get forgotten in the mix. Regardless, expect Friday updates per usual going forward.

Also yes, Lillie apparently has a lot of strength in that little body of her's to help pull up a full grown man to his feet. I mean, how else would she lift Cosmoem and its heavy ass self? MUST BE THEM WHEATIES!

Tapu Koko: Oh HELL naw, you ain't dying before cleaning that shit off my shrine!
I mean, look at Tapu Koko's ridic arms, it can't do no cleaning of any short v ov GET IN THERE KAI!

God those expressions so perfectly encapsulate the design that is Spearow. Pesky birds.

As for Cameos! :D I’m happy to contribute a character I have no qualms about being a total pain in the ass, plus some extras if you want to pad a scene wherever you need, if designing NPCs is wearing you out.

Aaron (the asshole)
and then extras, Natasha, Joseph, Wava, Brinley, and Jamie. (I know it’s a lot, it’s more just so you have a wealth of options to pick any single one if you find any that would seem fun to draw, because thats important that you have fun okay thank you and best of luck with big crowd scenes)
Grumpy birds are the BEST birds tbh.

And thank you so much for the designs, I've safely tucked them into some reference folders for myself, glad to have some variety when it comes to Team Skull as a whole >W<

Heh, Nebby's expressions continue just giving me life. Hang in there, you anxious little cotton candy baby!
Mmm, bet Nebby tastes like vacuum of space. Deadly, but a taste that is out of this world~

Hey, with Nebby and Tapu Koko, the numbers are even now! Hear that, dude? Math is going to save you!
Here lie angry Spearows

2020-2020

Math done did them in vov

Dschubba

Has forgotten she's a diurnal creature.
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
It's okay, Lillie, being a big tsundere towards anyone and everyone is just that Team Skull life, yo :v:

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Omg this is so much fun right out the gate! I really like this Local Crime Boy a lot so far! Any trainer willing to take on a flock of angry spearow near-barehanded is alright in my book.

Also, this panel makes me giggle every time I see it:

Can't wait to see more!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Kai: *doesn't want to die*
Also Kai: *complains about being saved from death too roughly*

Tapu Koko:

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric
Riboo's Musings

So I did this page nearly.... *Looks at date* ten months ago now. Looking back on it, I realized there were some issues when it came to my spacing with speech bubbles and the like. Now I do speech bubbles after I do the initial presketch stage that way I can adjust the characters rather than try to conform the speech to fit around the characters XD;;; This page was SLIGHTLY adjusted, but not in the way I would ordinarily like it given how I used to do things. Also rereading it made me realize I should add the chibi heads to make it clear who was talking in the second to last panel (though i think contextually it was fine buuuuut visual medium, yo) So.... yeah. Also I discovered as I've worked on the comic that its really important to make yourself seperate files for patterns you intend to use over and over rather than redrawing them each time. In this case, the logo on Kukui's hat was remade recently (the old one was really lopsided) and fixed. Part of what's pretty great about having a monster buffer is being able to fix little things on your old pages with a fresh perspective.

It's okay, Lillie, being a big tsundere towards anyone and everyone is just that Team Skull life, yo :v:
It's an initiation requirement :P

Omg this is so much fun right out the gate! I really like this Local Crime Boy a lot so far! Any trainer willing to take on a flock of angry spearow near-barehanded is alright in my book.

Also, this panel makes me giggle every time I see it:

Can't wait to see more!
Heh, thanks man, I really had a fun time making that panel, cackling- I mean.... totally serious the whole time while doing it :P

Kai: *doesn't want to die*
Also Kai: *complains about being saved from death too roughly*

Tapu Koko:

Tapu Koko all like: you do me like this after you fuck up my ruins? THEY ALREADY RUINED, WHY YOU RUININ' IT MORE!?

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
so his full name is IkaIka KaiKai? lol
And the mystery why this nice guy is part of Team Skull deepens
Kukui's reaction is understandable considering how his fellow Skull grunts act.

Tapu koko has yet to give him the Z ring
I wonder how he will acquire his z-ring!

slinkyarts

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 29, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
im in love with this trainer Kai, he is perfect and beyond sin. a 10/10 boy. kukui has no clue what hes saying

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Let's be real, Kukui has that effect on a lotta people. Go wooo again, I double dare you, Noshirt :v:

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Kai seems to have a good heart all-in-all. Tbh I can't blame Kukui for being a bit hmmmm about Kai helping- especially cause Team Skull learning about Nebby could be big trouble- but come on dude, dont talk crud right in front of the guy.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Kukui's chibi reaction faces are so cute! Something tells me his reaction to Kai's outburst isn't going to be, though... :(

Riboo

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
Electric

Also, this is the new cover art on page one in the forums, If it looks dif from the current comic quality... well that's because the comic was started in August 2019 XD;;

Deviant art mirror
Riboo's musings

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, good job Kai, you totally proved Kukui wrong about you. Buuuuuuuuuuuut, you know what they say about spite :B

Finally FINALLY. I've been waiting so long to introduce Fox, I really love my moody water doggo, he is the best, I hope you guys like him too. Going back to this page, I did edit some things on it before uploading, wasn't too happy with the sunrise colors and some of the dialog in how it was written/flowed, so I fixed some things along with some speech bubbles. Realized at some point I did change my font, not sure why???????????? BUT ANYWAY HERE IS THE PAGE, ENJOY!

--

Outside the page itself, its been a loooooooooooooooong week, I've been readying myself to return to work, and with returning to work there's inharent risks in just BEING there because my parents are both part of the venerable population when it comes to the big C. So I've had to move myself to another room in the house entirely, which for me, is basically like moving into an apartment, as I've had to get my own mini fridge, some kitchen stuff food, etc. It's going to be a challenge because once I go, the room will be sealed up from the rest of the house so I'll be cut off, so to speak. But no worries, I won't be alone! Its just a different and new challenging way for me to adapt to the current climate of things while keeping my loved ones safe.

so his full name is IkaIka KaiKai? lol
And the mystery why this nice guy is part of Team Skull deepens
Kukui's reaction is understandable considering how his fellow Skull grunts act.

Tapu koko has yet to give him the Z ring
I wonder how he will acquire his z-ring!

Yup ^ ^ Ikaikai is his first name, he goes by Kai

:Vc perhaps all shall be unveiled in time *Wiggles fingers* ooooooOOooOOOo, MYSTERIES
im in love with this trainer Kai, he is perfect and beyond sin. a 10/10 boy. kukui has no clue what hes saying
Prime boi, this is good boi, may I show and share all the good boi that is crime boi?

Let's be real, Kukui has that effect on a lotta people. Go wooo again, I double dare you, Noshirt :v:
Psh, bet his one weakness is a well fitted dress shirt and tie. Then again... that miiiiight be Kai's weakness too @ [email protected]

Kai seems to have a good heart all-in-all. Tbh I can't blame Kukui for being a bit hmmmm about Kai helping- especially cause Team Skull learning about Nebby could be big trouble- but come on dude, dont talk crud right in front of the guy.
He's standin' RIGHT THERE. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut to be fair. I mean... this page is self explanatory XDDDDD

Kukui's chibi reaction faces are so cute! Something tells me his reaction to Kai's outburst isn't going to be, though... :(
Yup, cause yellin' at folks always makes things 100% better, Gua-ran-teeeeeeeed, guud job there Kai.

Bug

👉😎👉
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
WOW GOOD JOB KAI, REALLY SHOWS THEM HOW WRONG THEY ARE.

This is a good popplio design, thank you

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Okay for 1: I adore that Poplio design! I am very excited to see more of this moody water doggo. For 2: Kai, if you're going to introduce urself to a stolen Mon, maaaaaybe change ur shirt first? Might help with first impressions. :V

Also sorry to hear that u basically had a mini-move. Moving normally sucks enough without all the other factors here. Its really amazing the positive attitude you're keeping through it though! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you, and wishing the best for you and your loved ones during this time. ❤

Dschubba

Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Female
Pokémon Type
Bug, Normal
Ah, I see Kai used Spite! ...The effectiveness? Debateable! :v: Heh, but in all seriousness, love Fox' serious little face, sure is a departure from your usual Popplio.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
Aw fuck, it's a starter. No worries, Fox, Kai's just a fan of the ~aesthetic~

oliviamakesanart

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Obsessed with cowboy hats
Now this is a very interesting and engaging set up! I wonder how Fox is going to react when he realizes he's a stolen starter (and his design is a refreshing and lovely take on the Popplio design!)

slinkyarts

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 29, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Kai u are a genius, this will really show them all how good and perfect you are

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Oh dang I fell behind on this! Kai you wonderful terrible man. Soft on the kid and lead her to town, and yet goes and steals a starter. Foxtrot looks like he's gonna be a fun foil to our villain protagonist.

Bug

👉😎👉
Tech Team
🌱Featurer
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)