• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot [UCL2] No name given - A Nuzlocke Extreme played by someone with no creativity for names - Kalos started (4/7 Regions complete)

Thread Description
Now onto Kalos, except with worse screenshots and kinda blind because I really don't remember the game.

Megurine Suika

The fool that runs towards the past
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I decided to go for a gible. If I catch one, I grind, if not, I don't grind.

Grinding it is.

The World is the superior pokémon.

I am not teaching World this till it is at least a garchomp, because I get only 1 and they are rather crucial for gym 8.

On the way back, I was throughly whelmed by my first non-dupe, named after Truths as per Etteillia's Lovers card.

Of course I am using gible, it is not as if it has a -atk nature and a low IV on attack or anything. And even if it does, it is cute.

I went underground and got a fossil, and named it Crocodile, Paul Christian's Fool card, mostly because I wanted a cranidos. I would be so down to rock cranidos/garchomp team. Altough I would keep cranidos in the box till a point where I could reliably get it max speed EVs, so it could reliably outspeed OHKO things. But alas, the trainer number meant I get shieldon instead.

Look at that attack stat. Same as defense. Oh boi can't wait.

Mt. Coronet catch, Adjustment is the 8th card on the book of Thoth, more commonly known as Justice.

Priestess grinded, and it is worthwhile because of those stats.

Item finder, but with a twist.

The thing about Cyrus' plan is that I have heard people that think the same way aka "There is evil in the world, the only way to solve it is by scraping it all and starting over, preferably with me in power to make sure no evil will spawn". The point they all seem to miss is that there is no suffering-less way to commit genocide, so you only go all the way if you are so into your own ideology you honestly can't figure out that killing everything would be more evil than anything else anyone else could try, specially so if you plan to enslave the founding pieces of the universe and rule over the world with an iron fist. Regardless, the fact you can't even try to talk to Cyrus and reason things out means that anyone with this mindset will feel justified, and say that being unable to talk, or agree, is just pushing an agenda. More on that later, when I get to Unova.

Anyway, I grinded, it is a christmas miracle! Fuck Unova. I also didn't find a ralts yet on route 208, which is my only non-dupe, but may go back there later.

I got an eevee, named Progress, which is Justice as of Etteilla's.

I also released a chingling I had caught on my trip to mt. coronet where I met cyrus, which I thought was a different area for some reason, which means Prison is now free!

My World is now gabite. I was going to go to the gym like that, but I looked up and I need all power I can because magical leaf, 2 weakness, 3 neutralities, 1 resist, with no resists to ghost and some weaknesses to psychic.

I did get a ralts now! Named after Court de Géblin's name for The World, Time, because I like gardevoir that much, even if it is not male. :/

Anyway, now I have a golem, everyone is grinded. Strategy is to spam rivalry boosted bite to win the day.

Lets do it.

Duskull didn't get OHKO'd, used its turn to future sight, then stalled a turn being healed, which mean when it went down, Empress took the hit.

Pictured above: Empress hit itself in the face so much, by the time it OHKO'd with the bite it was too low for mismagius, so I sent Priestess because it has the best sp.def of the team. Luckly it wasn magical leaf too, so resist. One day I will not suck at screenshoots.

Priestess clutches out the paralysis, which mean the worlds outspeeds and can spam dragon rage while outspeeding.

Grind like hell. For once I grinded, and those extra few points on HP make the difference.

Too close for confort but hey, 3 shiny badges, now forward, but at a later time because christmas.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

So, goodbye~~

Obligatory screenshot. Also, I didn't find any non-dupe on this route, or the route after, so I am going for honey trees for now.

Ruins catch. With hidden power bug there is no way I am using it, no matter how much I may want to meme.

Tower catch, named Love Affair because Etteilla really thought Death = Love Affair.

Now, nothing on my team learns defog, so I don't get the items at the top of the tower, which is okay really, the items kinda suck in Platinum.

I mean...

Route 215 catch, aka Bateleur, aka The Magician, as of the earliest interpretations of tarot.

And this happened, not waiting for even a level to evolve my trade evos this time around. Probably my bulkiest mon.

We are in Veilstone! I plan to hit the game corner at some point, but who knows, may just grind forever with vs.seeker + amulet coin for coins instead of playing.

Porygon is Osiris, which is what the Chariot was refered too by both Court de Gébelin (Osiris Triumphant) and Paul Christian (Chariot of Osiris)

Now time to hit the gym!

Plan for Maylene is: Empress fucks meditite because it is female, try not to status machoke because it has guts, Temperance can OHKO lucario because it is steel.

Meditite OHKO'd by rivalry-boosted spark.

Lucario OHKO'd by revenge, but having to tank 2 drain punches sucks.

Why does it take so long for Gabite to learn a Dragon STAB? Seriously.

Either way, Maylene done, all that is left is to go check for new catches in the trees and maybe the next route.

Empress is now sanic, but slow. And without a better STAB because ???

Oh hey, a super good move for movement, but I can't use due to both staravia AND zubat dying. I guess if I really want, I can happiness grind Togepi, but then I would be happiness grinding Togepi.

On my way to route 210 tree, I ran into some grass and encountered a scyther, so I guess I don't get to use that tree. Name is Paul Christian's the Devil.

On route 209 I found a bee, and to be honest, since it does evolve into vespiquen, I would rather use it than scyther. Name is Etteilla's interpretation of the World, and I am left wondering if wikipedia is right or is trolling me.

This conclude today's update, next time, pastoria probably.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Okay, time to farm infinite money for lategame gamecorner.

Route 214 catch, named after The Magician as per Paul Christian.

Valor Lakefront catch, aka jesus christ that was so close aka Marriage aka Etteilla's other interpretation of Death, thus confirming that past people were crazy, I mean, Death is both Marriage AND Love Affair.

Oh hey, an item I can never use! Why do I even bother doing those quests?

Don't we all get mad when our package is not there yet?

Cinnamon, I forgot I fought you here, all battles with you so far I could literally see you on screen before doing so.

This will be easy.

And by easy I mean I am not grinded.

I know your name~~

Pre-wake, post all gym trainers. I decide to not push my luck so much, and just go for route 212 for some extra exp, at least enough to level to 33 and get golduck.

I like Quagsire, named Urania which is Paul Christian's Empress.

Okay Hope, you are part of the Star name and has yet to die, so I hope you prove your value here.

Trophy Garden catch, not pictured but the name is Opinion, which is Etteilla's meaning for the Tower.

I got Golduck, so I will take my chances now. You and me Wake, loser weeps.

Crit Waterfall is OP jesus chirst. Also, spark is not a OHKO between Rivalry and Intimidate, so I should have been less stingy and bought thunderbolt.

Then we did a double switch, because IDK, he was scared of the 2HP Luxray. It is a free kill at least, Quagsire is cleanly OHKO'd.

Now comes the trouble. Between everything this one has, nothing on my team can really tank it for long so my plan is to try and OHKO with Revenge, but we will see.

Oh. Now Temperance is low enough for brine. Time for plan B then.

Plan B being disable Crunch and pray.

This is the point where I notice I could be playing up the occult aspect of tarot names to get some sick lines everytime I survive with 1HP or something. I got it confused with confusion, and it hit itself in the face twice allowing me to win here. Hope never dies.

World outspeeds Gyarados, so this is easy.

As foretold by the cards.

And then we get actual threatening action by the bad guys.

This quest is so weird. Why does Cynthia not just give you the Charm at the start? Like "Oh I am busy, can you deliver this to grandma? Use this on the psyducks on the way." Instead of just stalking you for a while.

Do not have Defog, so this is sad times.

It was uneventful, other than my general annoyance over everything missing.

I like how losing in a pokémon battle means you can't nuke anymore.

Hey Cyrus, do I get to kick your ass today?

Signs point towards yes.

Get punched.

Get sparked.

Come on, don't you just dodge Rock Blast twice in a row.

Pictured above: 2 Drill Pecks dealt that much damage, but Hope got it disabled, which means Temperance can come in and smash.

Temperance is reversed for you, and thus you get an excessive beating.

And finally Hope has a super good STAB move.

Cool, I will go there next update.

Last edited:

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Montage of me backtracking all over the place for goodies (not everything shown because fucking too much stuff).

Fuego Ironworks catch, The Magus by Etteilla's, which fits here because that is exactly what I wanted on this route. Will probably never use still.

Route 220, got super lucky with Tentacruel, so I went with Etteilla's second meaning for Wheel of Fortune, Convictions.

Route 221, aka "I should have gotten something on 219 so I could try for grass". Named after Paul Christian's Egyptian Tarot interpretation of the Empress (Can be either Isis or Urania).

Punch got.

Time to battle Cinnamon yet again.

It was uneventful, except for not having anything that really hurt heracross so had to throw Empress at them.

Gym tiem.

The World is backup in case Temperance and Tenacity are not up to task.

That said, The World fucking sucks big time. Hopefully it will be better when I evolve him to garchomp and use berries to give it perfect attack and speed EVs.

Byron time.

I actually lead with The World, because I am not sold on Tenacity outspeeding magneton, and it has flash cannon so I am playing it safe.

World almost dies to Ice Fang, but Hope comes in clutch and kills with water.

Temperance then comes in clutch for the crit OHKO. I was scared of metal burst, since it setup Iron Defense while I switched, but crit ignores those.

Izi clap.

Now to do the whole Iron Island to get the Shiny Stone at the end.

Named after Paul Christian's interpretaion of the Emperor. How you get to Cubic Stone from that, and what Cubic Stone even means is not something I know.

Stone got.

I had things to do, places to be.

Obligatory "A bomb that powerful would end the world".

Hey Saturn please go away.

Thanks. I will get to the Mars at a later point, because I have no flier so I need to bike all over the place. Also, I am taking care of what, 10 different berry fields.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Uneventful Galactic battle.

Route 216 catch, named Le mat aka The fool in french, the name the card had in one of the oldest references of tarot, because it is about the last ice type I would ever use.

Obligaroty Maylene Candice are the big gay.

I may redo my whole team just to fit Themis, titaness of justice (among others) and Paul Christian's interpretation of the card Justice in egyptian tarot, because I love froslass to bits. But who knows, maybe I will have a death at some point and just plug her in, team synergy be damned.

Pretty straightforward, Mamoswine are nice, but I already have a potential froslass.

Biggest gay around.

Then I did a bit of an oopsie. I meant to open the menu to heal and change the team before challenging Candice, but I guess buttons are hard.

So this is gonna suck.

Pictured above: Switched in golduck, got the KO on sneasel but took some heat in return. aboma in, and golduck needs to be out.

Fun fact, abomasnow fucking sucks and can't even outspeed machamp, and sucks even more when go for focus blast for some inane reason.

Time for the trial by fire. Temperance can OHKO with payback, but it will take a hit, and I don't know if he can take the hit.

Okay, I have 3hp after hail, which was the amount of HP I gained by leveling.

Not even close.

This is the state my team was in after the battle. The damage on everyone but Hope and Tenacity was from the gym trainers. This kinda sucked.

#mood

Eterna forest honey tree catch, which we are allowed to get as per pinwhell clause. Named Tamed Lion for Paul Christian's Egyptian tarot of Strenght.

At this point I got everything I could with rock climb, but I can't be assed to sort through all screenshots to make a montage.

Oh hey, Cyrus setup a nap zone, I will go thank him.

Hey Cyrus thanks for all the naps, can you not end the world thx

Rock blast sucks so much ass, 2 hits can't even OHKO a sneasel. At least it also can't OHKO with ice punch either, but otherwise it kinda sucks.

Cross chop OHKO, next please.

Ice punch didn't OHKO, that can bite me in the ass against cynthia's togekiss.

Rest of battle was uneventful spark spam. Took forever to kill honchkrow because rivalry, but those are the breaks.

Hey Saturn, Cyrus didn't stop ending the world, can you be more agreeable thx

I feel I am playing with fire here TBH. Its been over 10 days since this gameplay footage, and I am looking at it and wondering WTF I was doing.

Yes yes, we are cutting ahead, time to climb a mountain.

Absol, I might retool my whole team after all. On one hand, all my current members deserve E4. On another hand, so many cool mons I could try to get to E4 with. Time is Court de Gébelin take on The World.

Time for the double battle of the century. I am sure it will be uneventful.

Not even close izi pizi lemon squeezy.

"The world is ending. It is your time to shine, I will go run a lap or something."

Yes yes, cutting ahead, time for Cyrus.

I am sure I will be fine.

One down, 4 to go.

Why is a golduck faster than a gyarados? Who knows, but it means I can disable EQ so Empress can come in for the kill.

That was 2 ice fangs, jesus Empress why do you have rivalry.

Pictured above: The damage I took was 1 night slash and 1 ice punch. The ice punch froze, I went to the chat to bitch and moan, and when I went back I saw I had thawed and KO'd with cross chop. The aesop is that if I want to take better screenshots, I need to pay more attention.

Rock Blast hit enough times the rest of the fight was a breeze, an expression that means "I got toxic'd on the switch in and things could have gotten hairy but Rock Blast hit enough times".

Obligatory fleeing from Giratina.jpg

I quite like that Rowan seems to be the only one doing an effort to help you out when the shit hits the fan, unlike Cinnamon who fights with you once, then goes AFK for some inane reason.

Now with my shiny badges I will cut it here, next time, gameplay I actually remember!

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Art is Temperance from the book of thoth. Never used electabuzz and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

We ready for Volkner.

I literally OHKO'd everything, the only move Volkner made was quick attack on the Electivire. It was hilarious.

Time for Victory Road! I am sure nothing will go wrong!

Law-Maker, the last catch, the Hermit as per Etteilla's.

Okay, here is a story. I didn't buy healing items because no healing in battle. This meant I was in bad shape here. Everything is OHKO'd, Including Tenacity by Close Combat and Temperance by Brave Bird, so I have no way of getting out of here with no deaths.

I made the call to sac Hope (not that good anymore, even if disable feels good) and explode Tenacity (RIP) to win the battle. It worked in that I won, it didn't in that I am still without items.

I did make it out of Victory Road by running from wilds and being able to OHKO everything from the one remaining trainer, but yeah, that sucked.

RIP. The new recruits are Themis the snorunt and Time the absol.

I mean Themis the froslass and Time the murder machine.

And I finally delete cut and get the final moveset for Priestess, so she evolves finally.

The gang goes in.

Ah right, you are here. Sorry already grinded, you didn't stand a chance. I just spammed dynamic punch.

For real, now is the time.

Aaron was "I can't be assed to have World just oneshot everything so I will try and give some playtime to teammembers that are just backup". The end result was a win, even if crits were against me. Also, Coba berry.

For Bertha I clicked Giga Drain till everything stopped moving. Kinda anti-climatic, the closest I got to losing was Earthquake from gliscor, but it couldn't even 2hko without a crit, while I could, so no worries.

For Flint, I OHKO'd everything with Earthquake, hence why I didn't want to abuse World against Aaron.

Here we have an actual battle!

First, Themis oneshots with shadow ball.

Second, Themis setup hail for chip damage, and to test the waters. Since brozong went for Calm Mind, I go for step three.

Which is to send in absol and setup Swords Dance while brozong goes for even more calm minds, completely forgetting its only special move is Psychic, which absol is immune to, so now it bosted its special stages by 3 but it doesn't even matter.

Fun fact, the crit doesn't matter. Sucker punch OHKO's everything at +2, but Night Slash misses the OHKO on brozong by a tiny bit, which is why hail is apreciated.

And then everything died to Sucker Punch while the only damage I took was from hail. Nice one here.

Champion time!

I have a plan.

Had. Had a plan. I needed the first leech seed to hit.

Now I can't set up a layer of toxic spikes for garchomp, so this whole thing might get hairy.

Spiritomb gone, next up is Togekiss.

Empress can tank a hit.

Okay this here is hilarious. Empress hax wins the day.

Chomp time.

I needed one layers of poison to kill garchomp with dragon rush guaranteed, but I guess due to sitrus berry it won't be healed, and eq ko's without me needing to risk another 75% chance on dragon rush. Also, world is holding a Haban Berry, so he should be fine even without the flinch hax.

Now Milotic time.

It got one punched (the damage I took was surf + ice beam). Godbless Temperance, always clutch when it counts.

See that sp.def drop? That will matter in a second.

Since energy ball had a sp.def drop, sludge bomb would almost always KO, so the AI uses it instead of energy ball when ice beam fails to OHKO, so it rolls low damage and ghost resist poison, so Themis lives with 6 hp.

What happens here is that I set up hail for chip damage while cynthia heals, and also for evasion if something funky happens. Nothing funky happens and ice beam KO's due to hail chip damage.

I do. It was at the distortion world, when the world was on verge of being remade/destroyed, and you just pontified around.

Stone edge + Hail didn't do 40 damage.

Pop goes the lucario.

The World is the best stand, and with that we done with Sinnoh.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Okay, so first thing first: Fuck Unova. I hate Unova. So, in order to not have an aneurysm while playing I will be doing 2 things:
1. I will be ranting like a lunatic at everything and anything I want to.

I will be playing on challenge mode. This is to make the game more fun for me, which here means "I need to actually think about how to play, instead of just losing my mind to all the scripted sections."

This also means new level caps, I talked with Stormer back then and it was confirmed I get to use the challenge mode levels for caps, so here we go.

Cheren: 14
Roxie: 19
Burgh: 26
Elesa: 32
Clay: 36
Skyla: 42
Drayden: 52
Marlon: 55
Pokemon League: 63

Lets get into it

Suika as usual. That being said, the art for BW2 character is not that great, at least for the female protagonist. But then again, that is not Unova only.

I like seasons, they add some flair to the game, altough mons not being avaliable outside of a specific season sucks, but I think in BW2 there is none that is season dependent, they are just rare outside of the season. Could be wrong doe.

We are given control, so settings on, lets do it.

Which here means "Run into a scripted section with yes/no answers but where you are forced to answer yes anyway." Why give a choice if you don't want to give a choice. Just be old school and have the person continue talk like you said yes anyway, it is better than pretending you have a choice.

Then, 10 seconds after leaving the house, more scripts. We are then blocked from going into the pokecenter or outside, because we cannot get to explore and learn anything, we just need to get a metric fuckton of tutorials instead. Sinnoh's early game is bad with tutorials, but I feel Unova is worse, mostly because the tutorials, hand holding and scripts never really stop, but it may be my memory fooling me, so lets keep going.

The scenery is pretty. It is one thing I think gen 5-7 did well, is create interesting scenery, even if the graphics are not that great.

More meaningless yes/no questions! Just have her know you already and dump you with the pokedex, like everyone else did. I mean, she even says you look exactly how she thought you looked, so really why pretend to give choice where there is none?

Anyway, I am picking snivy because it is my favourite and was voted the most useless of the starters. I just want to make it hard on myself really, keep me on my toes. Naming scheme is "whatever comes to mind", so we back to super lame names.

Here we have another problem with Unova. They went too hard on plot, so they need characters to talk to each other to advance said plot, so it happens far too often that an event will happen, the main character will just stand there while everyone talks between themselves, then in the end someone will say "Suika! You need to [plot]!" and you go do the plot. This is the best case scenario, the worst case scenario is everyone talks between themselves and you just stand there without input till it ends.

Anyway, battle time. Also, why does female protagonist looks like she has no idea what she is doing?

Since challenge mode, tepig is level 6, and Snake gets to 7 when he beats it rather easily. I will probably not be grinding much at all, because gen 5 experience is trash, so getting Snake up to speed sooner is better.

We then get a force tutorial into pokecenters!

Followed by a tutorial on how to catch things, which the game literally tells you it will. Did you know that in gen 1 you can skip the catching tutorial? It was removed in FRLG, but it was there in the originals. Kinda telling how the experience goes.

Back to pokemon, Snake is brave, which is okay. More attack works, but less speed kinda sucks, since the point of serperior is to be fast, but oh well, can't all be winners.

On the way out, we run into more scripts, and the "Side character talk in your stead" starts showing up. Also, reusing the town map plot of gen 4 is bad. It wasn't a brilliant plot point back then, it isn't now. And for a game that makes so many damn references to BW1, it doesn't get the benefit of assuming people haven't played the past games.

We get some loot on the way to the tutorial. I like the scene transition, they are nice.

Case in point of "You obviously played the previous game" here. Which makes everything more baffling, if it is assuming you played BW1, why give so many tutorials? Or is it supposed to be how people talk, randomly saying "This reminds me of" when what they are doing is literally their job? Call me crazy, but I don't really do that shit. Yes, I remember of my past when shit happens, but I don't talk about it unless it is immediately relevant.

Tutorial is done, so time to get a catch. I am hoping for a purrloin. They generally suck, but I like them so.

Where were you when I didn't get a purrloin?
I was home when Patrat called.
Give me nickname.
No.
Sorry bad englando.

We run into more scripts, this time Alder that jumps off of a ledge and is fine, then he talks a lot of stuff and you are supposed to follow him to train or some shit, and then he goes off.

Which means he is 5 steps ahead for even more scripts. Why not just have him wait at his place.

A yes/no question your answer actually matter! Maybe I should keep a tally on this, but then again, probably not.

And then even more scripts telling me to explore.

Now, here is the thing. I want venipede because scolipede > all gen 5 mons. So I won't be grinding on route 20, will try my luck with Cheren with only 3 mons, and hope I never get encounters till the dark grass, and that the dark grass actually yields a venipede instead of a sunkern or something. Also I don't want to grind and you can't make me.

Got an azurill, which has thick fat. It does mean I only need to grind as much as needed for charm to beat Cheren, but that is about where its use ends because thick fat azurill. I guess I could do some funky tanking of kyurem, but it would not be pretty. I guess it would beat a sunkern, that is for sure.

Hugh was uneventful, even thought I have not grinded one bit beyond trainers battles. Lack of STAB really hurting you there buddy.

I mean, the whole point of you wanting me to get a mon was helping you out, what is the "already" there for. Also, since you raised the tepig from the egg, shouldn't you be training it from before? Or were you waiting till I had one too in case you suck.

Their names are actually wife and owner. I am not sure if that is bad, or just par of course for games and such. Then again, every battler gets a name.

Lets make a drinking game: Take a shot everytime Hugh overreacts or says "Purrloin". Whoever lives the longest wins.

I would say something witty here, but it is basically just a matter of how luck is used to mean things that change based on perspective sometimes.

No I don't know about any team plasma. I deleted that memory from my brain.

I understand you are dumping me some plot and scripts, and I don't care for either, so unless you have something good for me, I would rather not.

Oh hey thanks, I am sure this will have some use on new catches and the very early game.

Oh yeah, I would never have figured out that on my own. Half of the point of writing is letting the reader get to the conclusion themselves so they feel engaged on the activity, instead of being hand held to reach the conclusions you want them to reach.

Back to town we have even more scripts. I honestly don't remember if the scripts get that bad really.

What is grinding? Baby don't hurt me don't hurt me no more.

I mean, I switched to Blue for attacking with a water-type move, but got owned and learned the money had no fire-type moves anyway so Snake took care of it, so I don't know how much types mattered here.

Oh yes, more scripts, this time to shove an optional achievment system on. Why does the guy wait outside in the rain just to go up to a random kid and give them a box of medals, then ask a yes/no question that doesn't even change what he says? Who thought this was a good idea?

Why does he tell me to go away, only to repeat the jumping of a cliff script 5 seconds later to hand us berries? Couldn't he just hand us berries from the start? Also, I am sad I can't grow berries because dreamworld is down. I rarely remember to use them, but I like growing them, it is soothing.

I don't know, my world ends with me, so I don't think it gets broader like that.

Gen 5 exp! I am sooo not grinding.

With how much free healing in between battles you get in Unova, I am not even sure I would need healing items, but the more the merrier.

Cool, I have an azurill, can you just give me the badge?

Then I fought and funneled enough exp on azurill it officially has charm, so might as well take cheren on.

It is night now.

It is time to cheese.

Lets do it.

Now, at this low level, -4 and -6 attack roll for the same amount basically. So by charming only 5 times, I save myself from a hit as I switch out to something else.

I dunno how powerful I am by using frustration, but it worked, killed in 3 hits.

Second verse, same as the first, charm 5 times and lets do this again.

And by "do this again" I mean I leered it as much as possible, with No eating the held berry to be able to get the defense down, so I can reliably kill it without cheren using his potion, since lillipup is by far his tankiest mon, and I would rather it not heal himself more.

Lillipup is down, but Snake had to ate its berry, so pidove might be trouble.

For pidove, Blue charms 6x and then tail whips as much as possible. I am somewhat lucky to not get critted, but I got no crits myself so it is whatever.

Not really, on real pokemon battles there would have been mad switching from your part instead of just keeping a -4 mon in and trying to hit anyway.

But a win is a win.

Now I can setup too! Maybe I can use it to make some gouda for Roxie.

This aside is okay. You beat the gym leader, he says you could go all the way and reminisce a little. Just a little, enough to give a sense of continuity without shoving it down your thorat so damn much.

It was not even close doe.

And of course we get even more scripts as soon as I leave the gym. And we get the whole "We live with pokemon" spiel, but frankly, I don't buy it at all. The game tries to sell that pokemon are perfectly happy with how things are, but what happens is that pokemon are sentient beings that we can't communicate with, but all the time it says "People and pokemon" or "We live with pokemon" or "Follow your dream with pokemon" thus cementing the idea that pokemon are at best second class citizens, and at worst pets with super powers, which makes the whole "They are happy with battling for your sake" questionable. People also say that it is fine because we just treat them as we do with pets IRL, but IRL people think birdcages/multilation to keep pets "safe" is acceptable behaviour, so I don't buy it either.

Tl;dr Fuck Unova

Hugh always overreacting. He is supposed to be older than you, so how old is he?

More scripts! And a yes/no question that matters and is necessary!

We run into a scripted battle, which is eh. Also, on the time it took me to do everything, you could have walked back and forth enough to have a lucario.

And then there is what I believe is the last scripted session for a while till the next city at least.

My catch is super luckly a venipede. Not so luckly it is bold, but I will take it. Named Rolling because it learns steamroller to roll the opposition. No I am not good with names, why do you ask.

Anyway, that is it for now, next time, more scriptsgameplay!

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Very strong, the double sunkern dream team, coming in hot with that combined 360 base stat total.

Hey look, it only took till the next city to hit some more scripts. If not for how many we had till now, it would also be pretty reasonable, since your mom gotta call you sometimes. Instead I am just annoyed due to scripts overload.

Roxie here is my reactions. Like, you can add side stuff on pokemon games all you want, there have been contests, there are musicals in this same gen, and whatnot, but you can't just shove it down the throat of everyone like that. Like, have the guy call you to the studio, you go there and solve the captain thing (in less than 1 minute of scripts thx), then you have the guy say "join us if you like" and you can just walk away. Or better, have the captain come back automatically after you beat Roxie and have the studio thing be completely optional.

So here is a story: I was looking for an encounter, first found a patrat so dupe, second took a while, then the grass patch I was entering happened to start shaking as I entered, so I get audino, instead of say, magnemite.

Shi means four in japanese. And also death because I really wanted a magnemite so I can afford to not grind against roxie.

Hm, elekid, I like it, but it means I have to grind. Also, his name is Joey because elekid -> kid -> youngster -> Joey. Literal deity of naming right here folks.

And then I grinded for so long the seasons changed, because I don't want to audino grind for easy exp but bad EVs.

This is the end result of the grindng. It is going to be a No solo with maybe Shi backup if No fails, it depends on if hypnosis hit and how many turns it lasts.

You and me Roxie, lets do this.

Okay, step 1 sucess.

Step 2 is setting up with Work Up till koffing wakes up.

Step 3-5 is return with STAB, silk scarf and +3 oneshoting everything, but whirlipede outspeeding was a bit spooky.

Either way, No now evolved in his final form, which means he pretty much peaked and may get the boot soon, unlike liepard that has better offensive stats while having comparable bulk. I also got a badge and stuff.

Anyway, script awaits me, but I will take a rain check for now and end this here, peace.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Okay, so lets have a run down on why I dislike Pokestar. The idea of "Hey, lets have a battle puzzle, where you need to think how to beat a specific enemy with only some contextual clues to guide you" is okay, and I might even like it in a vacuum. Just a battle puzzle, you need to think to solve, not too easy not too hard, whatever. But the execution is horrible.

First, we have a whole lot of scripts because of the captain plot, when you could have he not take you to the mainland first by saying "btw beat my daughter first kthx" and it wouldn't make anyone bat their eyes. You could have something like you walk into the captain and talk, something like "I wonder if I could juggle being a captain and an actor... Oh, I am sorry, you need the Toxic Badge to go to the mainland" if you really want to shove the actor thing for some reason. Then, when the scout calls you to the studio, you can choose to go whenever, and they will wait for it in videogame time. Then, you can back off any time you want because you might want to say, battle instead of doing battle puzzles. Make one of the movies be with the captain and that is about it.

Alternatively cut the whole film crap, after you beat Roxie you get introduced to an item or a function of c-gear or whatever that lets you take battle puzzles, and you can do then when you want and ignore them when you want too because frankly, we played fucking kanto when it was nothing but battling, why do we need so much random ass shit shoved? It is not even as if it is a new move or whatever, or a feature, it is just a random side quest thing that gets shoved and you need to go through all motions of it.

Hey plasma, could you raid Pokestar? You would make a killing, and I wouldn't, so it is a win for everybody.

Also, why is challenge mode so easy? I need to prep for gyms, but fodder is still fodder, shouldn't a post-game only mode be, I don't know, harder? Or something? Maybe make the team that wants to take over the world a threat? Or is asking that of a main series pokemon game too much?

Also Blue is now... weaker I think, since it no longer gets STAB on return. The joys of no Huge Power.

Anyway, we into Castelia now.

Take this as a montage of me getting everything I can at Castelia, and then moving on to catches because I lost all the screenshots or something.

Route 4 catch. Didn't picture the name, but it is named Mad.

Sewers catch, named Rats because I wanted a grimer.

Relic passage catch, named Romba because Wombat = Romba.

Castelia catch, named Dina because its leaves are supposed to be edible and I was hungry, so Dinner = Dina.

All battles till Burgh were uneventful, so here is a pre-battle shot. I didn't grind all the way, because I was going to get dinner, then I remembered I haven't done so with any leader so far and frankly, it hasn't been that challenging so far.

So underleveled we go.

For Cheren, I spammed charm and leer, for Roxie, I used hypno work up, so for Burgh, I will do both.

Set up, and then sweep.

Perfectly calculated, as all things should be.

Even got double money by having Blue hold an amulet coin instead of something sensible like leftovers.

Anyway, Burgh beaten now I only need to go to Elesa and meet scripts on the way, but I will probably skip over them somewhat. Hopefuly next update doesn't take literal quarentine to make me do it.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Why even ask ???, if you will say it is for science and look anyway. Also, how does it convince the character anyway? "I didn't want a random ass weirdo that lurks in sewers to look at my mon, but he said it was for science, so I changed my mind" sounds like the kind of thing people would say on support groups for people that got their mon stolen.

Anyway, I smashed Colress and now will get a catch that will likely be unoptimal.

Sigil = Sibil. About the best I could get in there I feel.

I am split on Join avenue. A way to make the endgame of pokemon fun is always necessary, and battle facilities only do so much, but I feel getting it shoved in your face like this is kinda bad. At least you can leave halfway through. Once the assistants say you can talk to them to proceed, you can just walk away and never see that again. The way the answer to "No" is phrased is really creepy however.

Here we have the battle subway, whose battle you can actually skip, but I fought them later while grinding because the exp and money are good.

Route 16 catch. Named Muk because I already have 1 No, but I really wanted a liepard.

Lostlorne forest, named Illa because it was the first thing that came to my mind. May name change later if I ever use it.

Just don't give us an option. Also, I already went into one of those in lostlorne, I don't need the tutorial!

Another day, another missed liepard. Why did the shaking grass start shaking as I step into it? Why did it yield an emolga? Just Y.

This is my team after I fight every avaliable trainer sans Elesa. I should grind for electabuzz and scolipede at least. And heal too.

But I am not paid for that. In fact, being a teacher, I am not paid at all right now, so I will just yolo it.

I tried thunder wave and thunderpunching but got paralyzed for my troubles, so it is already looking bad.

Then I switched out to No, fully expecting to eat a pursuit on the way out. What actually happened was that Elesa thought it could switch for a free motor drive proc, so instead No gets in without taking a hit.

You have been visited by the Watchog of clean sweeps. Good catches and good luck in nuzlocking will come to you, but only if you reply with "Good Job No, but Suika would rather have a liepard instead.".

Good going Joey, now you need a new name because you are no longer a Youngster.

Halfway done with the badges. I kinda like Nimbasa due to the lack of scripts. The "gym leader is away" thing can be grating a bit, but at least it is straightforward to clear and there is no side character ranting or a choice that doesn't matter. Anyway, this is it for the script, next up Charles the heartbreaker.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Buldoze now evolves into his final form, all I need is steamroller for the name to make sense.

Charles was done in relatively easy. That being said, it being a roadblock is kinda meh. I mean sure, have a battler so that you can clear it with a battle, better than a bunch of rocks that move once you are done with the plot, but the whole thing being an arbitrary "You need 4 badges to battle" just feels iffy. Maybe I am being too harsh, it is after all one of the better roadblocks, but I prefer when it is something that stops progress but can be overcome later without a bunch of scripts, like a body of water or a small tree. It also leads to a better exploration experience, where you go "oh, I ca go back to those points and see what lies beyond", instead of "oh, I guess I need to do more plot before these dancing guys disappear".

Okay, what would YOU name a potential Swanna?

Ah yes, the Plasma plot. How does one learn "the hard way" that stealing is wrong? Did someone steal from him and he had an epiphany that he made people feel as bad as he was feeling at that point? Also, why is stealing pokemon a thing again? You can catch plenty of mons everywhere, pokeballs are super cheap, why would anyone steal mons? It is something that from gen 1, always felt super weird to have happen. Is it a grinding thing? Do evil teams just hate grinding and steal already grinded mons? But no one seems to have EVs on their mons, so they don't really feel grinded. Maybe they are just lazy to rare candy level like everyone else.

Also, why is there a non-zero number of people that want to follow Ghetsis and take over the world? It is not as if he was particularly likeable at first point, who would even want to follow the guy? Plus, he already failed once and only went less charismatic since then, why would you want another stab when he went even insaner in this meanwhile. Also, do you really want to take over the world when said world has magical superpowered beasts that can kill you in very painful ways and people that may be very willing to use said beasts to stop you? I don't know, I would rather try the more peaceful approach of talking people into saving pokemon than trying to do some inane plot of freezing the region and dying due to lack of crops and livestock to eat.

And now on to Driftviel, we finally get Low Kick for coverage against steels and rocks, so No can proceed to be slower than everything and never get to move! Its been happening a lot lately.

I like how polite he is. Everyone else battles you when they see you, Rood is "Excuse me kind person, would it be acceptable if we engaged in jolly battling?". I don't know how much a battle tells about me as a person, but it is a pokemon thing.

It would be better if it was consistent about needing to battle to gets people, but I guess the idea is that he knows now you are an awesome trainer, and assumes whoever you friend with is also awesome.

This part here is something. I think we are supposed to not agree with Hugh on how he acts, and acknowledge that people can try and do their best to atone even if said atonement boilds down to "take care of the pets you stole from their owners until you can give them back to said owners", and while there is some sympathy to Hugh point in that he is in pain, his attitude is incorrect here.

This is my mood doe, I have not gotten a purrloin/liepard so far yet. I think there is one in a later grotto, but that is about it. That being said, shouldn't this specific purrloin have a nickname?

Free zorua is free, can't be nicknamed because it is not mine, but I like it.

Got a tranquill, really wanted a deerling instead, but them are the breaks.

Joltik is good, I wanted a tynamo, but that was a long shot.

One day the bridges will be fixed faster than the speed of the plot, but not today.

Since I have no choice, I go fight Clay, without grinding of course, what is the worst that could happen?

Set up nicely.

And this is where I fucked up. Hypnosis is the play here, because the onix has explosion, so if it rock polishes first turn, it survives because of sturdy and blows up afterwards.

So I have to give up on the setup and instead switch out to something that doesn't care that much about being exploded on.

Slug it out a bit to kill sandslash, but the issue here is that without setup, excadrill is a pain.

Luckly I am able to cheese it by reducing attack with growl. I was thinking I would need more pivoting with regenerator, then once exca was at -2 to get blue in for charm, but I got static to proc, so that was nice.

Okay, maybe Clay was hard, but I am fine because pokemon is a fair and balanced game and 25%=100%.

Its been 5 years. Even if it loved your sister, it probably won't even remember her properly after 5 years.

I really like how Clay, the business man called the underground boss, is willing to give shelter to people trying to better themselves, and willing to engage on things he disagrees with for the sake of being exposed to new ideas and thus not growing radical. It is nice how the narrative here seems to be to end the cycle of hatred, and while that is generally a popular line of thought on japan these days, it is still good to see it used here like this. I wish the game was more focused on that instead of freezing the region or screaming purrloin or going on huge scripted sequences. That being said, this scene here is an example of the whole "The characters talk between themselves while you just watch." deal.

And this is the part where they go "Suika! Go to [plot]!".

Luckly this time around said plot has some goodies on the way.

You expected me to spam megahorn on anything and everything to brute force due to the fact my levels are not flattened to 25 on this? That sure seems like a big expectation.

I mean, its been 3 months or so since I started this, maybe my character grew malnourished from all the walking around? Or is it a "Pokemon. Not even once." angle?

Don't you like how, when he reveals that he is looking for the purrloin, he needs to say it every goddamn dialogue? Maybe we would forget he was looking for a purrloin, and the writers sure do love their plot so they will shove it down your throat that a pokemon was stolen and no it was not his it was his sister's and yes it was a purrloin. In another game this would culminate on you being able to either save the purrloin, kill the purrloin, or keep it for yourself, but instead we just have huge scripts with characters talking to themselves so the writers can feel good about their plot.

Thanks Colress, I will do that right after I go back to be 100% sure the bridge has not been fixed yet.

Tip: If you want to go hard on a revenge quest, you need either to make the character on the quest be the main character, or some character involved be someone we care about. So either I am supposed to care about Hugh that much, or it doesn't work here, and given that Hugh has all the personality of stale milk, it doesnt exactly make me want to help him, or be in his story. Because it is HIS story, you might be the DMPC that solves the plot when he fails, but the story is about him going out to find a stolen pokemon and learning a very important lesson on the way.

It also feels like the game is mocking me for being unable to get a purrloin.

They don't kill you or steal your pokemons because that would interfere with the plot too much.

Now, since we have no one to talk too, the NPC talk about what the other NPC told them so we get reminded of what happened 30 seconds ago.

This concludes our obligatory scripted scene.

"The temperature is dropping to a point that could literally kill people, we should investigate. But not me, because I hate cold weather, you do it instead, if you fail it will just end us all.".

On backtracking, this is Virbank's catch. I also was going to get a basculin in Asperia, but I don't have pictures of me catching it and it is not in my box, so I guess I crit killed it somehow.

Then a dog or whatever comes visit me so I get plot dumped somehow. I guess half of the thing that annoys me in Unova so much is that the explanations and scripts are so overdone. You don't need a whole dump on how the musketeers protect the region and him showing up means bad things are afloat and maybe he wants you personally to solve it because you are just that special and btw N could talk to pokemon and oh Ghetsis is evil so evil and you can talk to me later to repeat some things again if you want. You could just do like Eusine does, saying "The dog is Very Special (TM00)", and if you want a whole dump on his story you can talk to random NPCs, or skip and play the game if you would rather.

I would rather have an aron, but I ran into the cloud anyway because I would rather go for a sure drilbur than maybe getting a roggenrola. Also I get a good name, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Now this is a story all about how my starter got horn drill'd out I would like to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you why you should grind even if it is mind boggling boring.

Alas poor Snake, so close to evolving, but yet to far away.

We snow now. I need to climb the tower to ring the bell for my starter, which here means getting loot and grinding.

Got myself an ice mon, which can be useful for skyla, but I feel I will just use evolite electabuzz and oneshot everything.

Mom also calls, because we didn't get any script in the last 2 areas or so, so we must have something random like that.

Celestial tower I got litwick, surprising exactly no one. I would be down for a elgyem, but both catches are good really.

Okay time for Skyla. Calm is here for flying and maybe saccin'g if going gets that tough.

This should be easy, I grinded and electabuzz should be able to outspeed OHKO everything, and even if it doesn't, it has eviolite so it can facetank some stuff..

That was a crit from swoobat, but other than that it should be fine, swoobat is the only mon that outspeeds maybe.

Swanna also outsped. And it only has 1 more base speed than Sigilyph. This is gonna SUCK.

Backup plan 1: Send No to try and outspeed and hypnosis the sigil. Result: Failure, dispite being faster than Joey, No is outsped and killed.

Backup plan 2: Have Shi abuse regenerator to slugfest out the sigil. Not shown is the switches to Blue. Result: Sucess, but Shi will need 2 switches to get healthy again. Luckly all that is left is skarmory, and that is a easy OHKO by discharge electabuzz.

Except electabuzz couldn't OHKO skarmory. With a special attack. When I grinded him with magnemites and nothing else for what, 10 levels? You failed today Joey, but I hope you can rest in peace.

I guess playtime is over, and the game is finally ready to show its fangs.

Got 6 badges now, but need 3 new members. Just sad really, I was looking forward to electivire, starter is always good and No carried me through the early game. Either way hopefully quarentine lasts longer, because getting a team up to speed may take a while.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Last time, I was down 3 mons, now to redo my team.

This is the new team. Blue has been boxed to prevent him from dying soon, because he is not pulling his weight at all. Shi is almost the same, but stays for now because regeneator is fucking broken. Needs a better moveset for support, am thinking something like drain punch/return/aromatherapy/filler, since jolly nature.

And at this point I grinded over 200BP on rental triple battles in PWT, so I could have power items+choice items+ some tms. I could have grinded more, but I got burned out pretty badly doing just that much.

Evolution montage! Light is staying small till level 49 when it learns Shadow Ball, then going straight into Chandelure (assuming I have the stone by then.)

The gang is ready for war.

Pictured above. Me taking a giant break because I got burned out of my mind of doing so much PWT.

Then we get a huge info-dump on how ~~mysterious~~ it is that team plasma says they gonna use a dragon legendary to take over Unova, but reshiram and zekrom are afk. So we need to go talk to the gym leader and have him explain what that could mean. After all that, we get a yes/no question that changes the dialogue ever so slighty, with the professor acknowledging that it is best to not get too involved with a group bent on world domination, but you might want to listen to what Drayden has to say anyway, since it could help with you filling the pokedex and whatnot. Which is exactly what I want from a yes/no question in a linear game. Have the game acknowledge your answer and change ever so slighty due to it, even if the path forward is already set anyway. No need to have the character say "come on be reasonable" on repeat until you says yes.

Reversal Mountain catch, Trap the Trapinch.

Strange House catch, Blob the Duosion.

I for one respect Bianca for not giving me a choice when I don't have a choice. Good job Bianca. Also, if the bike text can change for this, couldn't it also be better instead of the professor speaking from the beyond to tell you it is not the time or place for that?

Route 14 catch, Fluf the Swablu.

Why is this a thing. Why. Why. At every turn, the whole fucking time, if you go anywhere BUT where the plot is, you get blocked and told to go back to the rails, but at least the game try to pretend it is not doing so. Here it does the exact opposite. Instead of having someone saying "this way is blocked", you have a random line of dancing people that are dancing in your path for no reason, and will one day disappear for no reason too. They acknowledge they exist just to block your path, and when you can pass, they will stop existing. It would work if you had freedom to go wherever, and this was one of a precious few roadblocks, but when you can't move past anything before you battle the gym/talk to hugh/fight team plasma, the fact there is a line of dancing people blocking your way feel like a mockery, like the game is saying "Fuck you for exploring, get back on the rails.". It is distressing.

Undella Town catch, Hillah the Staryu, named so because I mashed random letters instead of naming it "star".

Undella Bay catch, Autobots the Spheal, so I can say "Autobots rollout" when it uses ice ball.

Light finally learns shadow ball, so it evolves all the way into chandelure.

See, this here is bad, but at least I can buy a random trainer thinking he is hot shit and hogging the road forward. He will still be here until I challenge him, at which point he will be humbled and open a path. No fucking dancing.

Leaving this here just for posterity' sake.

Hugh tries to stop me, but he gets dunked pretty quickly. I am fell behind in levels because Light was hogging a lot of exp to get shadow ball ASAP.

He really shouldn't mention that literally every scene he gets after the reveal. It takes away from it.

Route 13 catch, from Hidden Grotto, Tang the Tangela. Since it has regenerator, this might be my substitute for Shi, altough yet another weakness to fire might hurt. I will make my mind once I have all catches, just in case I do get a Liepard.

Hey there cobalt lion, thanks for the free exp.

I really like the story of Lacunosa. A pokemon is monstrous enough to eat people and other pokemon, so you hide behind walls and inside houses when it is night. It is a story that makes sense, and shades the world more realistically, since pokemon gotta eat people, and vice-versa, at least in the past, for things to make a modicum of sense.

Pictured above. Npcs talking among themselves while you watch because the writers are in love with their own ideas, and the protag is mute.

Nothing much Hugh, just got some infodump, how about you, has it already been 5 seconds since you last talked about purrloin?

There we go, get it out of your system before you have an aneurysm.

For once, it makes sense for plasma to be here. They are looking for the DNA splicer, so either Lacunosa or Opelucid should have a clue, since one is where kyurem attacked, and the other is where the specialist for dragons live. Either one, or both, will have something for you to learn about, maybe even find the splicer itself there. Good job plasma, your plotting made the bare minimun of sense.

Mood.

I skipped catches in routes 11, 12 and Village Bridge just so I could try and go all the way to Drayden in one afternoon. Virizion is dealt with swiftly, and onward I go.

And after spending the whole game, I finally found it. I have a liepard, with prankster for good measure. Which of course means Shi is to be boxed.

Jolly is a mixed bag. I wanted a special attacker, so I have half physical half special on my team, and nasty plot is better than hone claws, but Jolly is still good, can do some U-turn shenanigans and whatnot.

After some light grinding, I went on to tackle drayden, which was easy.

Easy may or may not mean "Liepard is so squishy why do I keep trying to have it do stuff beyond fake out support".

Either way, my plan for Drayden is to equip a choice scarf on Bearly and then press Icicle crash till everything dies.

So, Bearly is not strong enough to OHKO a Haxorus with a 4 level deficit, but is fast enough to outspeed it after a dragon dance boost with a choice scarf equiped. Either way, Drayden lasted 5 turns and dealt 0 damage to him, so good job Bearly.

Either way, badge acquired. Next up, plasma.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Fun fact, I did the gameplay for this almost a month ago, but am just updating now. Go figure.

We begin with a huge plot dump that before there was 1 dragon, but then truth and ideals fought so the dragon split in 2 and the husk was kyurem, but what could this mysterious kyurem be, no one knows, and somehow this ancient DNA splicers prove kyurem was born in that timeframe and BTW I have no use for it but keep it very safe just in cas-

But everything changed when team plasma attacked!

The dialogue in this part is terribly stilted, but that much is expected from a pokemon game. I really like the concept though. A good part of making conflict feel palpable and real is by having the antagonist be threatening. They need some wins in their book, or else they are just fodder and there is no tension. Platinum figured that, but went too far in the other direction, where the villains always succeed until the very last second, and even at the end it is giratina that stops Cyrus, not you. White 2 does it better, in that you stop plasma several times, but the one win they get instantly rises the stakes high enough it is hype taking them down.

Drayden does randomly take the splicers out of hiding to hand the win on a silver plate however.

At least he knows (Not pictured: Me abusing Excadrill to beat zinzolin/shadow triad)

There is a lot of people talking to themselves, but I cut it all out because frankly, I just want to be done with this. I very much prefer when the pokemon series focus on little "This is how the world works" parts, even if they make no sense, than evil teams threatening the universe.

Anyway, we find the worlds lamest gym, and I have no idea what his character is supposed to mean.

I get that he is supposed to be a "go with the flow" kinda person, but it is just so... bad. Like he goes with the flow to braindead degrees.

I mean, I had a lilligant, but sturdy almost fucked me over. It was still fine.

Why???

I like there is a yes/no choice where you are not forced to pick yes. And he is just irresponsible Hugh, team plasma is trying to literally kill everyone with ice, even if you agree with the base ideology you can stop them now and try to apply it in a more responsible way later.

Mood.

I get the roadblock clearing item when meeting terrakion, because Colress is weird like that.

Terrakion is done. And that concludes the exp.share training of my Liepard.

This is the point where I would complain about this guy, but given it is either him or the dancing line, I take him thanks.

The machine that only exists to forward the plot disapearss when the plot has been forwarded. It would be better if you got the machine waaaaaaaaaay back in route 4, and used it here, with the area being blocked by the roggenrola guy, so you couldn't come here before the plot dictated anyway. It would even work to make it seem Colress put the roadblock on purpose, and by befriending him earlier you won the day.

Ah. So he is not supposed to go with the flow when he ditches his gym to swim, he is just thinking he can't decide ditching the gym is bad just because everyone says so. Is this supposed to be a jab at people that are sympathetic to the "free pokemon" part of team plasma? "Look, this is you when you decide that wanting to interact with pokemon as equals with no tools is something to be considered" or something like that. This is not even an hyperbole, he knows for a fact team plasma wants to freeze the whole region over, so he can look at it and decide for himself if he wants to never swim again because it is all ice or not, so him having a "think for yourself" mindset is bullshit when everything everywhere is in danger.

Hostile guards: No problem. Sleeping guard: Roadblock.

I like that the password actually changes between games, so you need to actually interact with the world around you. I don't know if you can brute force it, for I didn't test.

At the very least, you need to get this card first.

Anyway, I got the password and there was some plot, but...

I would rather not really. I mean yeah, purrloin, plasma bad whatever, just end this already. Challenge mode has not been challenging enough for my tastes. I even been skipped catches just to end this sooner.

Hey Colress, I just skipped over all the plot, can you die easily?

He didn't die easily, but I won without losses anyway, because excadrill is broken.

Why did anyone think this was a good idea?

This is where I would rant about how pokemon human relationship is inherently problematic due to the fact it can't disobey whomever has their pokeball, but I want to move on, so instead I will leave this here and let you think whatever you want.

I feel bad for Hugh, it sucks to do everything to help someone, and they hate you for it.

Anyway, plot happened, and now we fight kyurem.

Choice Banded Iron Head oneshots it.

Ghetsis tiem.

I literally swept with Dinah with a lum berry setting on the coffin.

So pokemon can die in battle canonically. Or at least go away if you suck too much.

E4 time, nothing really happened in victory road, just spammed repels and went back to the doctor anytime I might possibly be in danger sometime in the future.

First up, Marshal!

Setup sweep with focus sash and giga drain, so he is done.

This is the post-battle screencap, as you can see I didnt really grind or use rare candies either.

Next up, Shauntal!

Setup...

Sike, with choice scarf that is faster than Excadrill, but it is locked in a fire move so I can sweep with shadow ball!

2 down, 2 to go.

Grimsley now.

Grimsley down, it was mostly me flubbing around a bit, then getting Dinah in and ending him.

Final one, Caitlin.

First step, Choiced shadow ball to kill almost everything.

Step 2, get some chip damage and control the moves of metagross to get Light in for free and burn it.

Step 3, have Kamina kill everything, which here means "Kill a heavily weakened metagross and reinculus".

That was uneventful. Now time for Iris. And god, the profile for the female character is so bad.

First 2 down.

1 more down. Some switching required so it didn't just destroy me.

One more down.

And it was at this moment that I noticed: With Kamina so low, I don't have anything that can take an outrage and kill it through focus sash. So I will need to sac something.

RIP Bearly, I bearly knew you.

Free switch means I can burn it and Light survives a hit, so I can switch to something else to kill it.

Fun fact: Even burned, it can still kill things.

TBH, if Dinah had died there, I don't even know if I could win this. Bless Dinah (healing is leftovers).

We won, but we lost Buldoze, so is it really a win? Yes it is, just one that sucks a bit.

Wish it went better, but beggars can't be choosers.

My next one is probably X, but I might do Hoenn before it. Jury is still out.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
I have decided to do Kalos first, so lets get into it.

Suika again, but this time black because I have the option.

Anything else would be blasphemy.

Settings on, lets roll.

Thank you, you really impressed me by your strategy of bringing a grass type to fight a fire type.

I do in fact, in more ways than one.

Stop being surprised by everything, girl whose name I already forgot.

Finding a bunny almost made me wish I caught the pidgey instead. Oh well, such is life, now I have a Stuffy bunny.

This was the only picture I took of this capture. It is named 'Jr' because he is a monkey.