• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Screenshot [UCL2] No name given - A Nuzlocke Extreme played by someone with no creativity for names - Kalos started (4/7 Regions complete)

Thread Description
Now onto Kalos, except with worse screenshots and kinda blind because I really don't remember the game.

Megurine Suika

The fool that runs towards the past
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Hello, I am new on this and will be making the challenge because yes.

Nuzlocke + with an extra twist

1. Only catch the first Pokemon in each Route or Area. Caves count as one area and gifts count in the area they are received. All starter Pokemon however count as the area in which you can first nickname them. Some routes based on game have a Pinwheel Forest Clause applied to them.
1a. Dupes clause: You may not catch any Pokemon that belongs to a evolutionary line you have previously caught (Wurmple exception for Silcoon - Cascoon). This means it is possible in Kanto to run out of new catches. You do not have a limit to the number of times you can try.
1b. Shiny Clause: Shiny Pokemon may be caught and used regardless of any other rule. This includes the Red Gyarados
1c. HM slaves can be caught and used if none of the Pokemon you own can learn an HM to continue progress. HM slaves have to be released once you catch a Pokemon that can learn this move.

2. Faint =Dead. If it reaches 0 HP, it's dead and must be boxed or released. Regardless of any factor.

3. Nickname all Pokemon, they are your partners and need the love of a name.

4. Games end as follows:
Kanto: Pokemon League Champion
Johto: Johto League Champion
Hoenn: Hoenn League Champion
Sinnoh: Sinnoh League Champion
Black/White: Stop Ghetsis
Black2/White 2: Unova League Champion
Kalos: Kalos League Champion
Alola: Alolan League Champion

5. There is no Rule 5

6. Set Mode: You must enable this and play it for the entire game.

7. Level Limit based on the next leader's Ace or Champion's Ace. Pokemon who exceed this limit may not battle in that gym. Exception, while you cannot go over the limit prior to entering the elite 4, once inside the limit no longer exists. This also counts during Gym leaders battles, if a Pokemon goes over the current limit during the leader battle it is OK and continue to be used.:

8. No EXP share in Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS. Sun and Moon are alright as long as you're careful not to exceed the level limit.

9. Legendary Pokemon are banned from use.

10. No items can be used from the bag other than pokeballs (all types). Held items are still ok to use.

And without further ado lets begin

1. Up to Brock (This one)
2. Up to SSAnne
3. Beyond SS
4. Into the Rocket Hideout, up to 6 Badges
5. The grind is real
6. And even more grinding

We doing it.

Give suika.

A theme you will percieve soon is that I have the naming skills of a boiled potato.

Ready, set, go.

Bulbasaur is my favorite gen 1 starter, so it is picked here.

And the first battle is won.

Route 1 and 22 catches.

Wings suck, Potato is food.

Food means "Quick attack spam FTW", for those not familiar with the term.

Weedle for route 2, Caterpie for the forest. (Not-pictured: Weedle's name is Kamina because it will have drills one day, and I suck at screenshots)

And as contractually obligated, pikachu is the second encounter. I don't mind because I like bugs better.

How much do you wanna bet brock is not getting a hit in?

Narrator: Onix is faster than Bulbasaur, even more so if the bulbasaur entered the gym at level 10, and got to 12 by beating the flunky there.

Brock done, onwards to better things, an expression here that means "Decide how long I will keep from grinding a full team".

Last edited:

Stormer

Swamp Wizard
🎇Contributor
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
The expert in all things Swampy
Nice job with Brock! Things will only get harder from here on out. Good luck.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice job with Brock! Things will only get harder from here on out. Good luck.
Thanks, altough I feel I am making things harder on myself by not grinding so far but we will see how far this goes.

I really like the save recap FRLG has going for them, it makes the adventure feels somewhat epic, but maybe it is just me.

Not much happened up to entering Mt.Moon, other than not getting the Nido line OR Paras line :/ I like both of them, but oh well, can't say I ever used a Jigglypuff, just need to grind.

Which means I am going to go into Mt.Moon with the team as is, and do some switch grinding to get a couple evolutions.

And evolutions were achieved.

It chipped at my health somewhat, since I couldn't be bothered to heal between battles and hyperfang seems to have a knack for critting me. Otherwise was fine.

Praise Dome.

Got to cerulean without problem. (And yes, I named my Spearow Jack. Got it on route 4.)

And then finally looked it up, and noticed Jigglypuff learnset is "No" so I just evolved it after getting it both the kick and the punch so it can attack. It is a bit of a sad sack of HP, but I guess if I can get counter it can be a budget wobba.

Then next up was fighting misty before grinding.

And it was closer than it had any right to be because leech seed missed twice, but heh, type advantages, what can you do.

Don't call me like that unless you have booze on you.

He didn't, but this was easier than it had any right to be. Charmander couldn't even 3hko Neptune, so even with a miss on leech seed, I could stall it out to death between poison and healing. As you can see I have yet to do any meaningful grinding.

Route 24 catch. Sena because it has Sweet Scent and Sena kinda sounds like Scent maybe?

Route 25 catch, aka only non-dupe, was it, but it took so long to find it Nin Ana gained 5 levels. Now onwards to Bill!.

And then Potato went back to earth due to a critical confusion. The downsides of not grinding.

This is the replacement. I will need to switch grind it a lot, but I am sure it will be fine.

Bill is a Clefairy because he is into that sorta thing, but I mean have you see how cuddly they are? I cant blame him for experimenting.

Onwards to Surge!

Got Meowth on the way, but can't get anything at Route 6 because of dupes. I can fish there later.

I can however, get Surge's counter, assuming I can be assed to take it from the PC.

But for now, we have a boat to catch.

Team as of entering S.S. Anne.

Last edited:

Stormer

Swamp Wizard
🎇Contributor
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Oh no, not the potato! RIP my friend. Your doing well! Good luck!

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
I am back for more because going HAM on pokemon is nice.

Oh no, not the potato! RIP my friend. Your doing well! Good luck!
Here lies Potato, first of his name. Lets pray for that his soul goes to the big Potato house at the sky.
I agree I am doing well, especially since I can't be assed to grind.

First things first, Sham is now ready to con people.

Kamina is ready to hack it too.

Nailed it.

Here is the team pre-rival.

It was mostly Belloon (A pun on Belle and Baloon) killing stuff. She is good at that.

Case in point, Belloon best girl don't @me.

Sham is slowly becoming useful.

New area, new catch, named a snake after a snake.

New area, new catch, it is a Ball Cat.

Pre-dark cave shot

Why is my Mankey called Monet? Because Monet was the first female name that starts with an M that came to me.

And got to Fuschia with not much to report. This whole thing is going too smoothly, leech seed sustain is OP. Or maybe I suck at screenshoting and miss points of interest. Probably both

Another day, another rival battle.

Another day, another almost wipe. Maybe I should grind.

And then I found a female growlithe with flash fire, but it roared me away :/

One day I will take underleveled bugs from my team. Today is not the day.

Obligatory sexism alert.

This is way closer than it looks like. While I do, in fact, have 2 full health mons, Leech seed/poisonpowder is not doing anything, and without using items I lose a battle of atrition, and while Belloon can in fact deal damage, due to being a sack of HP with no resists, giga drain is always healing more damage than I can dish, especially since its moves are low accuracy stuff.

Give Eevee.

Give fly.

Give Coins.

Belloon got some new moves. Now just need to eventually get it flamethrower/icebeam or something.

But now, since I spent all my money in HP UP instead of buying said moves, I will go farm some grunts.

Stormer

Swamp Wizard
🎇Contributor
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Nice! you swept through that section of the game, though that near rival wipe is terrifying. Good Luck on Giovanni

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Why do I have to grind coins for decent moveset? I spent more time than I care today there.

Nice! you swept through that section of the game, though that near rival wipe is terrifying. Good Luck on Giovanni

I am sure my unwillingness to grind so far will eventually catch up to me, but Giovanni itself should be easy since grass dinosaur.

With Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Brick Break and Counter, I think Belloon's moveset is complete. Everyone else is still a wash what I will do for them. Now onto Rocket Hideout!

I am contractually obligated to show the stupidity of this specific grunt.

I quite like this. The game acknowlegdes it makes no sense for the door to open there, but it does so anyway because it is a game so it needs such things for player convenience.

Pre-Gio team shot.

It was closer than I thought it would be, but that was a hit after 2 leers, so I will take it.

Now I cannot be spooked.

Since the dex mentioned India, I named her Indira, which is actually a decent name.

Pre-Cubone shot (I don't buy potions because I can't use them in-battle anyway, and can always backtrack after every battles, which I do often.)

I remember one theory about the whole marowak thing here. Originally, Cubone would evolve into kangaskhan, and you could only get one cubone, which was the one orphaned here. The marowak you fought would be the half-rotted zombie body of a kangaskhan, and that is why it has all the bones and stuff going for it. Kinda dark, but frankly, one of the reasons I like Kanto is the darkness on it. Feels a bit more real, just unconfortable enough, but without going too edgy and ending either losing all value, or being just plain distasteful. YMMV obviously.

Rocket Gauntlet, Plan is to give all EXP to Neptune cause he is falling behind.

Of course, putting a NFE that can't OHKO a koffing in the lead is a bad idea in hindsight.

Post-Gauntlet team picture :/

This death hit me harder than usual. The whole thing about the tower, and the graves and whatnot put me in a morbid mood, and a koffing exploding my saur from full is sad. RIP Neptune, may you find yourself in a place where your trainer don't name you after a god of the seas because it was the first thing that came into their minds. You was going to be my ace, since you would be tank enough as a Venusaur to not be OHKO, so could almost always be a safe switch in to buy some time, and also a good Leftovers user. Will miss ya fella.

This also means I need a replacement for him, something that can be somewhat tanky, since- ah wait, I can catch a growlithe on route 7, I never got any non-dupe there.

Meet Nainu the (soon to be) Arcanainu!

So majestic. If pokemons were real, I would be a trainer just to have a majestic Arcanine, and together we would chill annd play videogames.

This means more Game Corner orz

Gen 3 Movepools, yuck.

And then I spent 3 hours of my life figuring out how to self-trade to get that next level Sham in.

This is now too personal. I never learned how to play the flute, no matter how hard I tried.

Nothing like being hit several times by a giant poisonous bee using its drills on you as if to break bricks to calm you down.

What are the odds you freeze then unfreeze on the same round?

Okay, screw team Rocket, someone call the cops on this guy! Seriously, just imagine being bit by a giant ball that spews toxic fumes, you would probably die in several different ways.

Doduo is named Dude.

Pictured above. Trips to the center after every battle due to switch grinding Nainu.

How well it went depends on the battle. (Have some antidotes bought since the very beggining, yet to run out.)

Due to dupes, I can't catch anything here, but we made it to Fuschia just fine.

Got a rod.

Got a car.

Got a Pimp.

Got a even better rod.

My first encounter here was the Snorlax, but I didn't try to catch it because it can heal itself and I can't, so it would be too risky.

Best held-item in gen 3, Godbless Leftovers, even if they were buried under a giant bear thing.

I never even went into route 11 besides going into diglet cave to catch a counter to Surge I ended never using, so might as well catch a princess.

Even more leftovers! Time to hit the Silph!

|
Not much happened on Silph.

Wings evolved into Redbull, Kamina almost died, I fought every trainer for no good reason.

Pre-Rival battle shot.

Outplayed.

I always wonder what the rival is doing here at Silph. Is he really just chilling on a place full of criminals to get the drop on you? It is the kind of thing that makes him a good rival however.

I got the Lapras, it is called Larry.

I learned then that you can interact with the open doors at Silph, even from the inside, so to speak.

But now towards Gio!

And thus ends Team Rocket.

Got a ball for my troubles. Maybe I should have done this and used the ball to catch Snorlax.

Some loot. some exploration.

Now towards Sabrina.

This hauntzer used confused ray 4 turns in a row, and Wings hit itself in confusion all turns till it snapped out of it and finished it off. That was the most threatned I felt battling the flunkies.

Now sabrina, aka, spam Shadow Ball with Belloon.

...Okay so, lets see. Belloon is almost dead, check.

Team is all low, and the healing from leftovers is not gonna cut, so everything and anything is outsped and OHKO'd by the Alakazam, check.

I am supposed to wipe here, but the AI is so bad, it does the only thing that allows me a chance of winning.

Two times in a row.

Is there a reverse bullshit rule somewhere? Where you misplay, and feel you deserved to take some losses, but instead you cruise because of how bad the coverage + ai is in earlier games? Because I am feeling pretty cheated out of my comeupance RN.

Look at that, only one that could maybe take a hit was Nainu. SMH.

Up next Koga, aka Sham's time to shine.

Except all trainers have psychic instead of poison, so I get to almost kill Kamina once more.

You better believe I ran back to the pokecenter every battle.

Koga got outsped OHKO'd because unlike Sabrina, I know how to use attacks.

Time to get my catches on.

And by catches I mean just the first mon I met, it is still a nuzlocke.

Well, looks like we are at a crossroads.

Imagine a Ninja just strolling and patrolling.

Luckly strenght is decent, so it is an improvment to Nainu's movepool.

I am biting the bullet here, and retiring both of my bugs. They are pretty weak without a level lead, due to low stats, and frankly, I am surprised they didn't die yet. Since I am not allowed to overgrind, I will box them in here, and put something that can learn surf, as well as get some decent coverage.

Those are my options. On top are those I don't plan on using save a wipe or something (Zubat can't evolve into crobat, but still get the prompt every level up once with enough happiness, ditto sucks, oddish is bad on this gen, drowzee is redundant with alakazam already on the team. diglet is a coinflip, and I am not about to do the whole trading thing again for gengar, when it can't even use STAB properly this gen.)

Below on columns, from right to left, we have surfers, fighters, flyers (Wings is not dead, but since I am going to grind some new mons, might as well get a superior flyer, Pidegots have been done to death.), novelty stuff I never used on a nuzlocke, and Voltorb, which doesn't do anything but I could use just for fun.

Either way, I will decide tomorrow what to pick, and then do some light grinding.

Stormer

Swamp Wizard
🎇Contributor
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
Oh no... not your starter... RIP sweet grass dino.

Nice job with the gyms though. You are steaming along. Good luck.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Oh no... not your starter... RIP sweet grass dino.

Nice job with the gyms though. You are steaming along. Good luck.
RIP the Venusaur dream. And I am not sure how good of a job I am doing at the gyms. It felt like the AI being stupid, at least on sabrina.

This is almost all of my chosen team, Meowth is just there to see if I can pick up a Hidden Power.

It does mean that Wings also has retired to the tropics. Not a fan of boxing alive mons like that, but I feel I need to stop trolling, or else I will just get wiped.

Bunch of catches I am not going to use. I have a plan, and I need 40 owned mons for it to work, so need this fishing montage (Seaking was found on Fuschia, but apparently taking proper pictures is a skill I don't have just yet.)

Using a Candy to get Nina to evolve all the way, and with that...

...I can get the Amulet Coin!

Now, here is the thing: I hate playing for the coins on the game corner. So I will grind on trainers using the VS Seeker. With the amulet coin doubling all my gold, I should be able to to afford anything I want there by the time I am done, and I can also get some juice EVs on my mons, which is nice, potentially.

But before that, I need to get my 6th member.

That is right, it is a Kabuto. I never used a fossil in gen 3 because level 5 but hey, I will be grinding for a while, so might as well.

For Nina and Sham, I will be grinding on this guy, because he has 3 magnetons (Fun fact: Some trainers level their mons when you challenge them with the VS Seeker, depending on how far along the plot you are.).

Target level is 40, may go over it a bit depending on how switch grinding Doom the kabuto goes.

Those 2 trainers give between them 4 attack EVs, so I will do them for Dude and Nainu grinding.

That juicy +7 on attack. Shame this is not gen 4, but I want Nainu to always be able to clean up with Extremespeed once he has it, so attack it is.

Dude has to wait a bit to evolve, because I want him to have actual moves when he does.

Okay, dude is almost there, so time to get ready to grind Doom.

Step one, get him a STAB move.

Step two, get a few heart attacks.

Step three, complain about gen 3 movepool.

Step four, kill all the helix followers.

And this is how you grind. Warning: Grinding like this may make you feel dead on the inside. In case of any ill feelings towards the game, take a break and talk to a friend.

Now, I have all 3 moves on Nina here, + surf, mostly because she has a -attack nature and low IVs, so I am trying to help her out.

This was the most eventful thing that happened on my way to seafom.

Caught the Goldie in seafom.

And nothing much happened on the way there.

Hermione Grimer is my catch.

And Belloon can tank a crit selfdestruct from a koffing, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

I caved in and bought some potions, as well as started using all you get from free across the game.

Now towards Blaine!

Pictured (Poorly) above: Nina will need some macho brace EV grinding later, because her surf failed to OHKO both the rapidash and the arcanine.

And now we into sevii islands, which is the perfect moment to end, because I got bored after all the grinding.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Somehow? I had surf spam, how is that a somehow?

It was an uneventful trip, Ididn't even get a catch because all I met were dupes and I didn't feel like exploring, since I want to be done with gen 3.

Likewise, I swept most of Giovanni with surf Kabutops, then switched in last second for dodrio for funsies. It got poisoned due to poison point but heh.

Anyway, I get this baby, and we can grind some EVs now.

The battle against rival was very onesided, despite being underleveled.

Victory road was equally uneventful.

I bought 21 of those, had already 3, so with 24 I can fully heal my team between all battles (5 battles, but you start the first at full health), and will be fine. PP may be a problem however, but we will see.

But first we EV grind! Here is the pre-grind shot.

Few things are as satisfying to me as seeing those big numbers pop on level-up. I miss it after gen 4.

Pictured above: Sham has learned Thief so he can steal a NeverMeltIce from wild Dewgongs. There is a 50% chance a Dewgong has an Aspear Berry, a 5% chance it has a NeverMeltIce.

Gen 3 Movesets :/

I decided to only grind to level 60, I am sure grinding 5 mons to that level will allow me to get at least 1 NeverMeltIce.

Agility kinda sucks on a glass canon.

Apparently pressing F12 when Nainu hit level 60 was too much for my brain that had been grinding for what, 8 hours.
And no, I didn't get a NeverMeltIce, even thought I have 68 pictures of different Dewgongs I used steal on, and given how bad I am at the screenshoting business, I probably met closer to 100.

Got some Charcoals and Mystic Waters however, so time to go for the E4.

Lorelei was uneventful (Couldn't oneshot cloyster, so took some damage.)

I oneshot everything, including the Onix, with Psychic.

Okay, so here, I decided to use thief on the gengar instead of psychic, to save PP. I almost died to the shadow ball when it wasn't OHKO'd, used psychic next turn and was fine.

Afterwards, came the golbat, and I was sure shockwave would OHKO, no need to use psychic PP right?

The aesop here is: Don't greed out on PP, if you run out just switch the mon out and restore its PP after battle with an ether. RIP Sham, in the end it just wasn't meant to be.

Dude was a boss and dealt with everything very well, helped by the fact it had early bird and leftovers.

Anyway, I decided to stop messing around and use all the rare candies I got from meowth's pickup to make Nina hard carry me to victory.

Lance was perfectly swept.

Run is over, there is only a No name trainer left.

For what 5 seconds?

Pidgeot is gone.

I am NOT risking not oneshoting alakazam and getting oneshot in return, thank you very much, so I will have Belloon take care of business.

See, she tanked a psychic, got sp.def reduced, then tanked a crit psychic. If not for the reflect alakazam setup on the switch, it would have been a clean win. Unfortunately, I can't heal, so Belloon will have to sit out now.

Nerf Reflect.

And alakazam is doomed.

The aesop here is to not switch a 4x weakness into their doom.

Hey look, Nainu's time to shine!

Thanks Nainu, couldn't do it without you

Obvious rule patch when?

What did you expect? You are literally No name.

Well, done like dinner. Time to move up to gen 4.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

I would like to open saying I love Johto, even with the awful level curve, but the emulation of gen 4 is rough altough preferable to playing gen 2 IMO.

Here are the settings.

Starter named Experience because we were talking about JoJo on the chat the other day.

The trip to Mr. Pokémon house was uneventful, other than Experience almost dying in the first battle of the game.

Passerby Boi is gone.

Who gives a damn about him? His new name is Midboss.

Something something grab him by the balls.

Route 29 catch! I always wanted to use one of those on a nuzlocke but they are so rare. Hope we go far buddy. Named Sentry because I am potato.

Something something DS emulation sucks.

Route 46 catch. Bro was going to be Dude, but I already used that name earlier, so I tried something more creative. I failed. He should be able to sweep Falkner anyway

Route 30 catch. Not using it short of a wipe, because I already used (and ditched) a pidgey in Kanto, not keen on repeating the whole thing.

Leveling Bro up, one damage at a time.

Rude Joey :/

I just met you and this is crazy but give me your number so rematch me maybe.

Time for switch grinding.

Route 31 catch, and unlike other, I may use it for a while. Am a sucker for Beedrill, they are so cool.

Brobat for the dark cave catch. Named Sis because it is female and I am still potato.

Give berries.

You better believe I am going to be using this bad boy, because I like slugma line, even if they suck.

I am not up to date with the latest memes, but I believe the one to use here is "yeehaw".

Pictured above: My route 32 catch, whose nickname I forgot because it is boxed and I suck at screenshoting the actual name.

This here is a super strong Unown. Ice type hidden power, 66BP, 31 speed IVs, the works (It is naughty and has only 11 Sp. Atk IVs, but heh, can't be all winners.).
May use it if I can ever be assed to grind it up.

A wonderful move, can't wait!

Tower catch. I wanted to name it Sweet Potatoes, but character limit.

That is not a wonderful move, I got scammed!

Berries and stuff.

Is that a JoJo reference?

Pre-Falkner Screenshot, I am sure I will be fine.

The real power of bird pokemon seems to be sand-attack spam. Luckly Bro is a bro and hit his rocks after a while.

Badge got.

Now if you excuse me, I will go grind for a while.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

We got an egg, but the Slugma egg is the first encounter for here.

So stay there and chill.

Now we grind.

Okay, that gotta be good enough, which means that I am sick and tired of grinding, so onwards to better things.

This was uneventful, only non-dupe I could get on Union cave is onix, but I didn't see any wild ones, and not in the mood to look for one anyway.

I got a Hoppip, might use it if I get the chance, love them to bits even if they kinda suck, which is a theme with this team so far.

Ilex catch is paras, name Yes because I wanted it over an oddish, love those suckers.

Now we in the well, lets do the thing.

Sure thing buddy.

Bug tiem

Pre-leader shot, Bro is holding a hard rock, so I fully expect him to oneshot the scyther, assuming it doesn't just u-turn away.

izi clap

Sure thing Joey, let me just grind one more level on my zubat so she can have bite and eat Midboss' gastly.

...That was a crit from full health after 6 leers. I guess that is what I get for trying to kill it with leech life dealing 1-2 damage per turn.

Alas poor Sis, I was looking forward to using a crobat. Maybe in Platinum.

Time to switch grind a Hoppip oh boy can't wait.

The ability to produce milk in humans is not unique to those with double X chromosomes.

Now Bro is dah bomb.

Come on, don't be so hard on yourself, someone gotta be the weak, so might as well be the one whose mons don't die.

Pictured above: Zil grinding on kakunas with bullet seed. I have nominated it "the no-fun zone".

Obligatory cut sucks.

Obligatory headbutt.

I got lucky and found a drowzee as my route 34 catch. More on that later.

Obligatory Day-Care.

And now, for my next trick...

...I will do some EV grinding. In Johto. Because I hate fun. See you guys when I am done \o.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Here is the plan, I get infinite coins, then buy Subistitute TMs, which sell for 1000, so I can mass buy vitamins to get started.

Pictured above: The point I gave up on EV grinding so early in the game because does it take forever. I am sure it will be fine.

I mean, it is a yes/no question, they tell you when you get something wrong, and you can take the test infinite times in a row, so...

Sure, lets go with that, canonically, I got kicked from game corner for cheating.

Me and the boys chilling before taking on Whitney.

Sentry is now the superior com'mon

Those that can get the reference on those names are degenerates.

Zil is now 100% faster and still useless :/

Pre-Whitney shot.

Plan is for Bro to rock smash miltank till it is at least -1, then he can OHKO with self-destruct if the going gets tough, otherwise spam rocksmash/magnitude.

Bro smash.

Sure thing, Miltank is a boss.

Case in point: She deals ~7 damage per stomp, and I only got 2 rock smashes in, both reducing defenses and the second being a crit. I am sure Bro can get a Magnitude in before needing to go out.

Bruh moment.

Sentry is able to finish her off before it healed itself, which here means "She went for attract instead of milk drink for some inane reason".

Badge aquired.

Sudowoodo battle was harder than it had any right to be.

New area, new catch.

Ecruteak reached.

Surf aquired, and Sentry now has a move to work out of the lowest sp. atk of my team, can't wait.

Sentry also gets some coverage for Morty and another HM, but this one sucks less.

Flame body burned my catch to death :/

Whatever, lets advance the plot.

Another day, another Bro sweep.

I don't need another boomer, but I will take it anyway.

Who let the dogs out?

And then I went to go grind and found a illegal dog. Go away dog.

I always register everyone on my phone, so why would I say no to Safari Zone. I can get good stuff there.

Now I wish I had caught the Farfetch'd before, since dupe :/ (Also, how come I took 1200+ screenshots, and failed to take screenshots of so many nicknames?)

Mood.

I feel for Jasmine here, when your pet is hurtand you are in the middle of nowhere, you can kinda feel hopeless. RIP Life.

Anyway, to help her I need to be able to surf, so onwards to Morty!

Pre-Morty shot, mostly switch grinding Sally to get her some EVs on sp. atk, but the plan is for a solo sweep by Sentry.

Bring it!

Gastly and Haunter were oneshot, and here comes gengar.

TIL: If you are asleep and select an attacking move, sucker punch goes through even if you don't wake up.

Morty is done.

Surfing catch, everything else is a dupe now.

Something something drug joke.

Me and the boys about to do some grinding.

Starting with Bro.

Rock smash led to a non-dupe on Cianwood, even if not the one I wanted :/

Fisher gets the closes thing to a decent STAB he has so far.

It is fine, we got some XP out of it.

And we also get to play Safari.

On the way, Zil achieved his final form.

It is a Seel Leo!

Into dah zone.

As per the rules, Geodude caught and released.

And then we grinded for Chuck while waiting for terraforming with Safari Zone to happen.

Something something muscle for brains.

Pictured above: Fisher got double toxic spikes while the AI went for double team twice, then I put in Experience and spammed magical leaf.

Even more spamming.

Sucks.

Ganked by Fly.

Now time to fly around with a slave!

First Miltank.

No, by the rules sandslash does count, and I want to try my luck and see if I can get a larvitar.

MFW female larvitar. I would put it in my team, but I dont want to do EVEN MORE GRINDING.

Route 43 catch.

Lake catch.

I am sorry, I only accept of naturally occurring shines.

Fancy glasses are part of my secret plan to bring down the pokemon league.

Sure thing Buddy.

Rocket hideout was uneventful.

Sure thing buddy.

Half of my screenshots is me talking to my pokemons, but I never see fit to put them in. Putting this one in to highlight the fact I evolved Bro,which you can see in the pre-chuck picture.

Onwards to better things, namely Pryce.

Step one, Toxic Spikes (which only matter for the piloswine since rest, but still)

Step two, waste all health of the member with highest sp.def on the team.

Step three, waste all health of the member with highest overall stats.

Step four, jesus christ this is a full team wipe isn't it?

Step five, sack something to rack that more poison damage.

Step six, sack something else for more poison damage.

Step seven, fail to KO with strenght barely, but dodge the attack thrown at you.

Step eight, get ready to rebuild. The aesop here is to grind more.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
I am now doing that Pokemon Survivor thing now, so updates will slow down here as a result

First off, I got a catch for each area of Safari Zone, which means I went for the first non-dupe I found, but most run away. Then I was told I could only keep 1 mon, and I am keeping the larvitar, thank you very much, so the rest is released (There was also a sandslash that I released, but I can't find a pic for it.

I have also decided to not rebuild my team for a while, and use the last 2 slots for HM slave + Larvitar.

Preparation for Jasmine.

We all meme the Pokémon Club Chairman due to his rapidash love, but no one ever talks about Jasmine and her love of big steel snakes. I am just saying.

Anyway, I decide to stop screwing around and just go for stalling everything to death.

And stall we did.

Now, I need to do Team Rocket before grinding. Why will be clear soon.

While fighting rockets, Experience achieved an evo, and I am running double STAB because I want the boost in power from petal dance, but don't want to always be locked. Likely endgame moveset is double screens + double STAB.

I am cutting this battle, because stalling produces a lot of screenshots, but it was basically stallfest.

You lose because I have stallfest.

I need a way to conserve PP while stalling doe.

I need a trip to the center every battle basically, but boy is Zil carrying.

Stalling going great, can't wait for-

Wait, I can't leech seed that, and my whole team is either low, or can only attack with grass moves.

Godbless Sentry, for a com'mon, he is sure going all the way.

It was super touch and go.

And then I tried to give some EXP for Sally and almost paid for it, so then I went for good old stall, and could have went badly because I didn't know houndoom could have early bird.

But Team Rocket is blasting off, which means I can do a thing.

Yep, time for trainers rematch by pokegear! But how this goes is for the future, because I am busy with other stuff, as mentioned.

I did finally evolve Sally doe.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

We begin this update with me going to the bug contest to try and get a scyther.

We didn't get a scyther, neither did we actually win anything.

I never caught something on Union cave back then, because only non-dupe was onix, so now I get a goldeen, in searches of a good slave to put whirpool/waterfall/surf on.

Then I noticed I had a magikarp I caught at lake of rage, and gyarados can get all 3 + Rock smash, so I went to level it instead.

I found some random ass dogs while grinding.

Congratulations Carla, now you can fulfill your epic destiny of being a water taxi.

I wonder how many times these things has happened we have a sign for it.

I am halfway tempted to use a delibird just for the meme TBH, but I feel I am memeing enough by leaving 2 spos empty for HM slaves.

Best gyarados ever, don't @me.

Why give a choice if it doesn't matter?

Now I finally have free moveslots (while surf is super nice, Furret's don't really have the special attack to use it).

Onwards to new catch.

Bad doggo.

Now, with pickup, I can maybe farm some rare candies, which can be helpful for taking on the e4.

ahaha.wav

Pre-Clair battle shot, with extra light screen learned since her team is specially focused.

Lets do this.

Stalling is fun.

Kind of a let down yeah.

It won't cut for 6 whole mons however, I will run out of PP before they are all dead.

Badge aquired!

Now to the Kimono girls!

Context: I didn't put Umbreon to sleep because I thought Synchronize worked with sleep (now I know it doesn't, so yeah), so I spammed subistitute tostall it out, and had to actually play the game for once against the other 4 kimono girls, so it was a bit difficult.

Lugia tiem

And then I learned that lugia outsped me, so even if I am holding a berry that reduces flying damage for aeroblast, I cant miss the first sleep powder.

Okay, so I missed, and that was an extrasensory so next turn it will murder Zil, but I can maybe get Sentry in and kill it with a couple of sucker punches? It is a long shot, but if he can't, I am looking at a full wipe, since aeroblast oneshots Experience and Hydro Pump oneshots Sally.

...or the AI can be dumb as a box of rocks. That works too.

And lugia is gone, I used sleep powder on all my turns I had a sub up and it was sleeping, since it moves first, so I can put it to sleep when it wakes up.

Roue 27 catch.

Victory road catch (didn't meet any non-dupe 26)

Pre-rival shot, giving life-saving berries included.

Midboss tiem.

It was uneventful but I ran out of subistitute PP midway through, so I will NEED a better strategy other than stalling.

Or else I won't be able to beat the league with this team.

Luckly at Azalea, I found an Aipom and it has Pickup, so I have a plan to beat the league, and it is not just getting 99 rare candies and feeding them all to larvitar so it sweeps. But it will take a while for the grind, so I will end here. Next time, E4.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

This is the point where I say something witty about the training, or comment on my mons, but instead I will just post the picture of my training because I am salty. The tl;dr is that I grinded the aipom to 21 to get rare candies, then was 1 candy short, so I did pokeathlon andthen did this update and now I am super salty. It will be clear as we go.

Will time.

Will is gone, and that was Sentry moment to shine. Even with full EVs on attack, it couldn't OHKO either of the xatu's with sucker punch. At least shadow claw was helpful.

Post-battle shot.

Healing and rare candy feeding, and yes, I did feed most of them to unown, I am trying to do a meme here.

Koga next.

Pictured above. I stalled out the ariados, even if it had insomnia. After that is muk.

I put the Muk to sleep and put seeds on it, but in the end just used t-tar (it has a choice scarf)

This is supposed to be the shot of Muk dying, but I derped and didn't take a proper screen shot.

Either way, Koga was easy, since nothing could touch Sally, since it has recover and can just burn things to death.

Post-Koga teamshot.

Preparations for Bruno, and pre-screenshot.

Take a guess on wether or not a mon dies here.

The idea here is that I would stall a bit with jumpluff, then switch it out with u-turn when it was at full health again. The reason for that is it has a focus sash, so as long as it is full health it can afford to miss sleep powder once.

But hitmontop has quick attack, so I gotta bring him back here at some point to try and heal up.

Bruno actually switches out, and I setup reflect here.

Reflect OP. That was a fire punch.

Petal dance does have downsides, but luckly I have a defensive tank.

Burn always feel nice on physical attackers. Flame body is a good ability.

Pictured above: Hitmonlee dying, and me missing both the actual death shot, as well as the animation shot.

Onix down.

And here is the shit part. Since sash is not online due to health mismagement on my part, and I don't have a sub up, I can't really afford to sleep powder and miss, since Zil is too valuable and always a trump card so to speak. So I need to u-turn, but nothing can actually tank 2 hits from machamp (only one that could is Experience, setting reflect, but is too low to actually do so here.). Nothing also oneshots machamp short of a crit.

So my plan is to bring in sentry and try to go for a KO with Me First cross chop, since it has increased crit rate.

This here really stung, because Sentry was my first catch, and we were super close to going all the way. I should have stalled the hitmontop at the start harder to either have a sub up, or be full health on the u-turn out, but I was too greedy and Sentry pays the price :/

This is not what made me salty still.

I mean, you once again took 1, that is a win given I am fully grinded.

F

Pre-Karen shot.

Karen was uneventful, even if Earthquacke didn't OHKO the vileplume so it got to paralyze me and giga drain after Karen was done using pots on it.

Lance time + me increasing the PP of Stone Miss.

Time to finally end this run.

Stone Miss doesn't even seem to matter, T-tar too tanky.

Stone hit and got 2 kills.

Stone miss again, and now we paralyzed. So time to bring in the secret weapon!

With a choice specs + level 60 + max EVs on speed and sp.atk, Secret can literally outspeed and oneshot all d-nites with hidden power ice 66BP, and also survive a non-crit to get in. I forgot to account for the sandstorm. I also had it hold the exp.sahre to all other battles to see if I could get it another level. In hindsight, I should held on using the 10 rare candies on it till after all battles, and maybe it could have gotten an extra level or 2.

Sally is still burning people, and the boost from ancient power last PP (forgot to heal pp before lance).

Aero is done after some stalling with recover and using lava plume to burn it again after Lance full restore'd it.

After setting the last d-nite on fire, I decide to be clever and switch out, since I am out of PP on ancientpower, and everything else barely tickles.

So I bring in Experience to setup some screens, but in the meanwhile lance heals d-nite and so the idea is to bring in Sally again to burn it with lava plume/flame body, and then we can be good.

I forgot, however, that the reason Sally seemed so tanky before was not just the burn, but also the def boost she got with the last ancientpower, so a crit KO takes me off-guard.

This is what made me salty. I lost my 2 oldest catches sans starter.

I would say something clever about using an unown on e4, but I am just salty at this point.

I won, but I still feel super bad. I really wanted to bring a furret, a magcargo AND an unown all the way, but it just wasn't meant to be I guess.

I still won, so next up is platinum, which I will begin as soon as I am out of the funk I am right now :/

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
Okay, I am less of funky now, lets do the thing.

Thanks it is good to be back, Sinnoh is one of my favourite regions.

Suika Suika time.

A muffin for anyone that gets the reference.

Those words mean that we are all married to pokémon.

Cinamon has the best plans. By which I mean he lacks bare minimun logical thinking, but he is in a videogame so he gets away with it.

I mean, all I do is stuff the first thing I find in any given route into a ball and have it fight to death with others, so I dunno how much of opening their heart is being done.

It is Suika, not sanic.

Top 10 things said before disaster.

So you are about to change our world?

Why do pokemon ask all those questions like that. You can only answer yes.

Also, with the way everything about this is phrased, it really sounds weirdly sexual.

Or is it just me? Please tell me it is not just me.

We penguin now.

It won't do~~

Pokemon are friends, friends that try and murder you.

You didn't even tell me you were here, Mom was the one that told me to go thank the professor.

Isn't it kinda creepy how supposedly a random pokemon that never shows its face makes us all feel stuff? I don't like the whole "Pokégod of the universe" thing gen4 legendaries have going for them, it is fine for legendaries to just be strong, they don't need to be literally creating everything. I miss mew, when legendaries were awe inspiring, but not literal forces of the 'verse.

Also, I liked pokémon gangster than villains trying to control everything better. Pokémon doesn't lend itself to more nuanced plots when you are not allowed to even entertain the idea that the villains could have a point.

So in conclusion, fuck Unova. Yes I am aware we are in sinnoh.

So lets do some gaming now.

The starters count as the are were they are nicknamed, so I get 3 catches. Also, naming scheme is tarot cards, and I am going to be very liberal with it.

Where I am going, I don't need no healing items.

First catch is Strenght, a starly.

Second one is Expiation, which is the divination meaning of the egypt equivalent to the Fool, as written by Paul Christian. It sure fits, since bidoof are a pain to use, and I dislike boxing mons unless it proves necessary.

Yes, let me show you.

Named Empress because I love shinx, but being female with rivalry makes it suck ass.

And then I grinded and Expiation already died.

RIP, you was just outsped and crit twice in a row by a level 2 Bidoof.

And then I grinded.

Fuck off, I already got a death okay? Don't judge me.

Are you familiar with "Sieze the means of production, the private property, and redistribute to the community"?

Gotcha map.

I am above that. I just don't use items at all or overgrind.

I also got a watch, which means now I can see the time all the time.

Budew is the priestress, and with this we end this update. Next time, more catches and maybe up to the first gym, but I am not making any promises.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Once again, we have a way to remind us when we go on a huge break! That should be useful here.

Ravaged path catch, nicknamed Hope, for Star's divinatory meaning as interpreted by Paul Christian.

Old rod getto.

Magikarp is the hanged man, because I might hang myself if I need to grind it before 5th gym or so.

I took forever to play again because I didn't want to grind. Now I decided to just not grind at all, we will see how this goes.

I killed Cinamon's Turtwig with a budew, mostly because I wanted the XP in it for the gym.

No catch for me :/

Well, lets try again.

Well, got a bat. Named Sirius for the name Court de Gébelin gave to what is more commonly known as "The Star".

I am not grinding you, so just stay put in case I full wipe or something.

I talked to everyone in Oreburgh, but it was boring so I am not picturing it. Instead lets skip to catches.

Got a Machop there. Not ideal, since I like Ponyta better, and getting a Geodude guarantees me an onix at the mine, which in turn means I only need a bronzor to guarantee a Gible encounter.

Geodude at the mine, named Tenacity after Etteilla's meaning of the card that would be Justice.

And then Roarke died and the run was over.

Here are the stats of my newest additions, Sirius was boxed on the argument that grinding a Zubat is suffering.

Gym tiem.

Pre-Roark shot. I funneled all experience on The Priestress, because I need her to hit 13 after the Geodude.

Lets do it.

For my plan to work, I need to get to +2 without dying, so stun spore is helpful for maybe buying an extra turn, and I got to +2, which you can't see because I still suck at taking pictures.

Now, at 13 I get Mega Drain, and with the stats I have on budew (+sp.atk nature), +2 Mega drain oneshots everything else. The issue is that I am slower than both onix and cranidos (-speed nature). The sweep hinges on what onix does. If it screeches, then I am on a tough situation. At -2, Cranidos oneshots with headbutt if I stay in, but not with pursuit, while pursuit oneshots if I switch out, so I am on that 50/50 zone.

So of course it uses Rock throw. Now only a crit can oneshot, while Cranidos die to 1 hit.

Do your worst Roark.

I mean, I guess that IS the worst you could do.

Gotcha badge, which concludes this update. Next time, northbound.

Megurine Suika

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon

Smashing.

This here is good stuff. NPCs telling you how to get pass the roadblock in a way that doesn't make you feel like the roadblock is completely arbitrary, like say, a line of dancers.

No, and I don't plan to <3

Dont worry, I am much more of a degenerate than all of team Galactic combined. Wanna see my links?

Come on, don't you want to see my links? I have some good stuff to share.

I mostly raise in the order I catch them, unless I get a personal favourite, or I am beaten up enough I feel like tryharding.

Ah, I love the smell of flowers in the evening.

I mean in the morning, love flowers in morning.

Sure, lets go free your father.

But first, a catch.

We caught the moon!

Bring it.

I guess the aesop here is that you should grind enough that random ass grunts don't overlevel you.

Fucking Made in Heaven RIP.

I got Tenacity now, and grinding some.

This whole Honey scene sounds very sexual. Is it just me?

Obligatory Galactic dumb screenshot.

So, they were trying to get honey, but you just gave it to me without batting an eye, so why not give it to them when they first asked, or did they bring out a gun first before asking?

I need to make a storylocke in sinnoh that has heavy sexual connotation.

Some more light grinding before tackling Galactic.

Mars tiem.

Having Temperance in the lead kinda sucked, since 4x resist to fighting, so Empress ended being Toxic'd, which sucks.

I keep forgetting how much of a meat grinder Sinnoh can be, geez.

Intimidate saved me, godbless Staravia.
(Also, I am not using Priestress till I have the soothe bell, because it gets Worry seed at level 16, while roselia gets an actual move, so the plan is get the bell, walk up back and forth a lot, level once, if not evolving walk back and forth even more, then level again and hopefully that is enough, but am keeping her in the party so she can soak that passive happiness.)

I did some more grinding, and love the shinx line.

Madness came to eat my sweet honey. Madness is what we now call "The fool", as of Etteilla's interpretation of Egyptian Tarot.

Next route, we get a Buizel. Never used one, but they seem fun, if squishy.

Hey Cheryl, please don't kill my catch thanks.

The fabled double dupe. A rare one, never seen before.