Screenshot [UCL2] Grass Monotype - The Back of Your Bod is Sod

Thread Description
G-get it? It's like your ass is grass but with synonyms...

Lefington

The most legitimate plant you'll ever see.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
You play through the entire chain of games using only a single type of Pokemon. Any Pokemon who has at least one of their types that matches your chosen type may be used. Pokemon who evolve into your type can be used but must be evolved as soon as possible. Pokemon who would lose your type when they evolve cannot evolve. Because of gen issues and certain types not existing in early gens, you may not select the Fairy Type at this time for this challenge. Pokemon who gain your type via Mega Evolution does not count as an eligible Pokemon unless they still have one of your types in both forms. IE - Water can use both Gyarados and Mega Gyarados.

A Mono Type challenge is where you play through an entire game using only one type of Pokemon (dual types and Pokemon who evolve into your type are usable). You may choose a type or have fate decide what you use. You can choose from two styles:

Naturallocke: You play with what is available in the game your playing. Choose a type that is fairly common or hope you get lucky. Natural players can do gift replacements if none of the gifts are of your type.

1. Only catch the first Pokemon of your type in each route or area. This also includes Pokemon that will evolve into your type. Caves count as one area. Suggestion: Make a list of Pokemon in your current region that are legit catches and keep it near you while you play
1a. Gift Clause: You may receive a gift and get a catch of your type in each area/Town/or Cave. You are limited to one gift per area though so you cannot get Eevee and Abra from Goldenrod City if your type is Psychic
1b. Dupes Clause: You may ignore all Pokemon not of your Type (unless they evolve into your type). You may keep getting encounters until you find a Pokemon you do not already have of your type. You may catch dupes if you desire (to use or hold as backups)
1c. Shiny Clause: Shiny Pokemon may be caught and used regardless of its type. This includes the Red Gyarados in Gen 2.

2. Faint =Dead

3. Nickname all the Pokemon

4. Games end as follows:
Kanto: Pokemon League Champion
Johto: Johto League Champion
Hoenn: Hoenn League Champion
Sinnoh: Sinnoh League Champion
Black/White: Stop Ghetsis
Black2/White 2: Unova League Champion
Kalos: Kalos League Champion
Alola: Alolan League Champion

5. There is no Rule 5

6. Legendary Pokemon may not be used.

7. You can either choose a type or you can randomize a type using random.org and this list:

Hi there. My name is , sometimes known as , but you can call me Lef. I'm doing a monotype, but I won't tell you what type. You'll never figure it out. suckers.

I fuggin hate Charizard. Who even likes Charizard? Dragons are overrated. Everyone knows that dinosaurs and turtles with cannons are what's hip and happening. (please take offense if you like Charizard. You know what you did.)

I actually like the name Ephraim. It's a nice name. And I'll need nice things if I don't want to cry during Kanto. (Spoilers: I still cry).

I skipped all the bullcrap stuff and got the first mon: Plant Gang. In hindsight, I realize that I could've spelled the entire thing. But on the other hand, VBA's control set-up made me want to die for the first fifteen minutes since I was still stuck on desume's set-up that I don't really care anymore. Anyways, plant gang.

I uh... forgot to take screenshots until this point. Have a nice scenic view of Viridian Forest. It's scenic af ain't it? Also Plant Gang.

No. Unless dreaming of playing a game that isn't fucking Kanto counts as dreaming big. It... probably is though.

Plant Gang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ask the rock gym leader, as I prepare to steal his rocks and shoes.

Guess how many hits it took to knock-

Oh. We're already done. H-hooray?

My new team member! He's also my main dude against Sabrina! And the only bug move he gets is Leech Life! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

What do you mean that Sabrina isn't my biggest problem? Who tf is Blaine?

gun

These two trainers are significant in that they both swapped out a mon to run away from gunshroom. that had me shook.

I forgot about this guy. I wonder how long-

Oh.

Ok boomer.

Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang

I'm gonna stop this one here for now because God I didn't realize how hard screenshotters have it. How can they deal with copying and pasting and copying and pasting all this images? Heck if I know, but I got mad respect for them. Deuces.

Newfi Cheese

Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 3, 2019
Yikes, good luck with this one! Most games are not kind to grass, and you're gonna have to rely on a lot of utility and luck. Not a lot of grass variety in Kanto either. What do you get, like, 3 poison grass types, poor poor Parasect and Exeggutor? RIP type coverage. Godspeed. Also, dear god are you right about screenshotters! I've done one update and it took a century get done!

Last edited:

Stormer

Swamp Wizard
🎇Contributor
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
The expert in all things Swampy
Nice plant gang. Looking forward to seeing what you do next, shame Oddish is not available for you. Good luck

mint0h

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Fairy
I think you’ll be somewhat fine against Sabrina and Blaine because, for the former, Exeggutor is a big help, and the latter, Pokemon like Venusaur and Vileplume should be somewhat tanky enough to handle most of his STAB save Fire Blast (pick up that Rain Dance TM!). It’s other Poison and Flying-types you should be careful about, especially Golbat.

Also wow, I didn’t know you could battle your Rival on Route 22 even after defeating Brock, I thought it could only be before.

Shark

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a shark! It tends to dislike cynicism and being mean.
plant gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

enjoy your upcoming oddish

go fast be grass

Lefington

The most legitimate plant you'll ever see.
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yikes, good luck with this one! Most games are not kind to grass, and you're gonna have to rely on a lot of utility and luck. Not a lot of grass variety in Kanto either. What do you get, like, 3 poison grass types, poor poor Parasect and Exeggutor? RIP type coverage. Godspeed. Also, dear god are you right about screenshotters! I've done one update and it took a century get done!
I also get Tangela! And Parasect isn't too bad if you remember to not let it die.

Nice plant gang. Looking forward to seeing what you do next, shame Oddish is not available for you. Good luck
Actually, I can get Oddish. Bellsprout is the LeafGreen exclusive. But thanks anyways!

I think you’ll be somewhat fine against Sabrina and Blaine because, for the former, Exeggutor is a big help, and the latter, Pokemon like Venusaur and Vileplume should be somewhat tanky enough to handle most of his STAB save Fire Blast (pick up that Rain Dance TM!). It’s other Poison and Flying-types you should be careful about, especially Golbat.

Also wow, I didn’t know you could battle your Rival on Route 22 even after defeating Brock, I thought it could only be before.
The Route 22 rival is only unavailable after Mt. Moon. And unfortunately, none of the grass types I can get are able to learn Rain Dance. Golbat are annoying as heck though.

plant gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

enjoy your upcoming oddish

go fast be grass
plant gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. I will need all the Oddish.

My speed may vary. Grass types aren't very fast...

We start off this part beating up a nerd and claiming our lord and savior, Lord Helix.

Plants can't punch or kick in the game. Which is dumb.

Rival time. Not pictured: rat and uh... whatever abra is. Because they fell really easily.

[insert witty rebuttal here]

Oddish in Kanto is a lot like fast food. There's a certain point where you start to get access to them. They're plenty and unique, yet similar and boring at the same time. Anyways here's an east vs west thing. Carl's Jr vs Hardee's. Cast your votes to see who lives longer.

Guys we need to beat Misty!

We beat Misty. No plants can fire balls of water this game, so f.

A new fast food chain joins the race! I like BurgerKing the pokemon. He's a nice boy and he's going to fit really well-

fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. My day is ruined and I must declare war on all Squirtle the rest of this run or something.

plant gang evolution! ironically without P.Gang herself. That will be fixed shortly.

gg no re.

Some Surge prep.

Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang Plant Gang

Definitely not trying to rob you, no-siree. haha...

Give me your stuff please. I can't make compost without some trash.

Unfortunately, while there is a plant that can shock wave, it doesn't get it until Gen 4. Because fuck grass type movepools, am I right?

I'm done for today. Remember to stay hydrated kids. Or else plant gang will steal your bones!

Stormer

Swamp Wizard
🎇Contributor
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Water, Ground
Pokédex Entry
The expert in all things Swampy
RIP Burger King, you were delicious.

All hail theMushroom king, may his ran be long and bloody!

Good job! Looking forward to the next one.

Shark

Training to be Cute
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a shark! It tends to dislike cynicism and being mean.
PLANT GAAAAAAAANG

rip burger king but at least you're not out of oddish line mons

nice surge, gl with the future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)