• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Six of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode continues our exploration of the new stories, and in our discussion segment we tackle more of the planning process!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Tragic Nuzlocke Deaths:THE RETURN

Arondon

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
All but most to least prevalent types:Male,Gender-neutral,Female
Pokémon Type
Fighting, Psychic
self explanatory

Uncle Pine

This kills the crab
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
I have a fresh one from my very last nuzlocke:

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Oooh, boy. Boog the Vikavolt from my Resolute run. Most of my modern nuzrun deaths haven’t been too depressing due to most of the time I can simply accept it or because I saw it comming but Boog the Vikavolt‘s death was just flat out depressing.

He was my first catch, I didn’t really expect him to go far, but he constantly surprised me and proved to be a very useful asset to my squad. He eventually died out of nowhere to an Espeon... I don’t know what it did but for some reason I just felt nothing but pain from losing such a badass like Boog, and what followed was a massive grinding session still going on to this day.

RIP Boog the Vikavolt

PageEmperor

Currently busy grinding in my nuzruns and studying
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
In my Black 2 randomiser, my starter, who was also my defensive anchor, recently passed to a Swellow (and no, it did not crit her. It flat out one shot her with Brave bird). So then I decided to go look for a new team member after doing the whole Ice city plot.

In the following city, I surfed for an encounter, got an Adamant Steelix with No guard, and a pretty good moveset to work of that ability too. I used him, and I was glad I did. He proved to be an even tankier option and his moveset was so much fun to use. He was almost always leading the party.

So I eventually reached the final Coress or whoever he was battle. I summon Steelix, planning to use Shift gear (yes, he had that, I know it has a shit speed stat but Shift gear has a massive speed boost that could be useful) and then sweep him. He then summons a Bibarel. Knowing that Bibarel is a physical attacker, Steelix should completely wall it on both sides despite the type disadvantage.

So then the Bibarel outspeeds, uses Crabhammer, and.... one shots Steelix with a crit.

And yeah, it actually has Adaptability (I was expecting Huge power) and I did have a reserve plan but wow. A Bibarel managed to one shot a Steelix.

NekoSuave

TFW you lose someone you love to a crit.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Ice
I feel like my Ruby cartridge is cursed or something. A few months back, I completely wiped against Wally in Victory Road. Rebuilding after that sucked, but at least I managed to win that run. Today, however? Sweet RNGesus...

I was fighting Wattson, and I managed to get through two of his Pokémon with ease. Then his Magneton came out, and three of my Pokémon hit their healing item limit (3 per Pokémon) while trying to survive and stall out Shock Wave. And they were all paralyzed, of course. By this point, Magneton's HP was in very low yellow, so I started to wonder if he had a second Super Potion. He already used one on a Magnemite that my Combusken failed to OHKO with Ember. The only members of my team that could outspeed Magneton were also the ones that probably wouldn't survive one Shock Wave. But because I thought he was gonna heal, I sent out Beautifly. Maybe, just maybe, he could survive one Shock Wave and hit Stun Spore. He would almost likely die after that, but at least he would have served a pivotal role in taking Magneton down. I was hopeful.

Wattson didn't heal, and Beautifly got one-shot by a crit Shock Wave. Crap, time for something else. I sent out Combusken and hoped he would survive long enough to end Magneton with Double Kick. Nope, he got one-shot by a crit, too! Dustox got paralyzed before he could use Protect, so he got killed. I got desperate and sent out Wingull to hopefully finish Magneton off with Water Gun. It survived with a sliver of health, and Wingull died. Linoone? Died to Shock Wave. It was Wally all over again.

Literally the only reasons I didn't wipe were: A) Magneton FINALLY ran out of Shock Waves, and B) Linoone Sand Attacked it six times so I didn't have to worry so much about Supersonic and Sonic Boom. If Magneton had at least one more Shock Wave PP, or hit Sonic Boom twice on my Mightyena, I would've lost (and, given that half of the reserves were weak to Electric types, probably restarted). Now I have to rebuild, but at least it's only five Pokémon I have to train instead of six, right?

Last edited:

Alba Corbina

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fairy
I had a Gigantamax Alcremie in a Sword Nuzlocke. I was so excited because it was my first Gigantamax Mon. I send it out against Bea's ace. The first turn we both do more than half-health worth of damage. I figure I don't need to heal because Alcremie's faster. Turns out her speed was tied with the Machamp's. Machamp wins on the speed tie next turn and kills my Alcremie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)