• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Seven of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode concludes one reading and premiers another. Also, we brought back several guests for an extra long discussion segment!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

"Top 6" Team Maker

Thread Description
Building creative teams based on "top 6" lists

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Ok so I had an idea for a silly new game which can hopefully be creative, amusing and possibly even educational 🤓, we’ll see whether it sticks or not.

Each poster gives the following participant a title of a top 6 list. It could be anything they desire, for example “6 deadliest animals”, “6 favorite beverages in the UK” or “6 most popular horror films in the world”. Whatever you want as long as it is 6.

The following user then googles up the answer (do make the subjects simple enough and make sure you can find the answer yourself in a few moments of search, no more than that, this is not a riddle game. And the answer doesn’t have to be totally accurate in case there is debate about it, this is not a test). That user then fits a pokemon to each of the items on the list. For example the team based of the 6 deadliest animals in the world:

1) Buzzwole – (Mosquitoes kill ~700,000 people each year).

2) Seviper – (Snakes kill ~50,000 people each year).

3) Houndoom – (Dogs kills ~25,000 people each year).

4) Cutiefly – (Tsetse flies kill ~20,000 people each year).

5) Feraligatr – (Crocodiles kill ~1000 people each year).

6) Hippowdon – (Hippopotamus kill ~500 people each year).

(Pretty feral and balanced team except for Cutiefly. I went with an easy yet morbid example. Others can be less obvious).

The user then ends by giving a top 6 list for the next player to make a team out of, and so on.

Hope that’s clear, let’s start.

Make a team based on the top 6 oldest countries/nations.

SimplyUnknown

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A silent watcher who speaks only when something needs to be said. Offers free hugs to those who need them.
Make a team based on the top 6 oldest countries/nations.

Alright, I'll take this on.

1: Cofagrigus (Unovan Form): The Pokemon most closely associated with ancient Egypt, which was founded circa 3100 B.C.E. Chosen because of the association with sarcophagi and mummies.
2: Pangoro: The Pokemon most closely associated with ancient China, which was founded circa 2070 B.C.E. Chosen because the Panda is from China and Pangoro is based on the panda species.
3: Copperajah: The Pokemon most closely associated with India, which was founded circa 1500 B.C.E. Chosen because it is based on the Asian elephant and the name Copperajah is a blend of copper and Maharajah (Indian title of great king).
4: Zebstrika: The Pokemon most closely associated with Ethiopia, which was founded circa 980 B.C.E. Chosen because Ethiopia is home to Grévy's zebra, which is also known as the 'Imperial Zebra', and Zebstrika is based on a zebra.
5: Crobat/Swoobat: The Pokemon most closely associated with Greece, which was founded circa 800 B.C.E. Chosen because Greece is home to about 20 different species of bats. Given the different species, I felt that having both of them would be fine for this list.
6: Ninetales (Kanto Form): The Pokemon most closely associated with Japan, which was founded circa 660 B.C.E. Chosen because the kitsune is heavily associated with Japanese mythology and Ninetales is based on the kitsune. While there are other Pokemon based on Japanese mythology, this is the first one that came to mind and also came from generation 1.

It's a pretty decent team with no real type overlapping, though they are missing a surfer. At least they can fly with Crobat.

Make a team based on 6 different ancient mythologies.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
  1. Manectric, closest resemble to Anubis, Of Egiptian Mythology
  2. Honedge: Excalibur, Iconic Sword of Celtic Mythology.
  3. Thundurus: Literally based on Raijin, Japanese God of Thunder
  4. Pidgeot, A.k.a Bird Jesus, form the Bible
  5. Hydreigon: Based on Hydra from Greek Mythology
  6. Machamp: Hercules from Roman/Greek Mythology.
Make a Team based on 6 Power Rangers.

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
I went with basing them on the original team's Zords, rather than color (unless I can do both):

1. Tyrantrum, based on the Red Ranger's Tyrannosaurus Dinozord.
2. Mamoswine, based on the Black Ranger's Mastodon Dinozord.
3. (Shiny) Arcanine, based on the Yellow Ranger's Saber-Toothed Tiger Dinozord.
4. Archeops, based on the Pink Ranger's Pterodactyl Dinozord.
5. (Shiny) Bastiodon, based on the Blue Ranger's Triceratops Dinozord.
6. Tyranitar, based on the Green Ranger's Dragonzord.

Make a team based on the top 6 movies of all time, as considered by Rotten Tomatoes.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a great idea for a team! Unfortunately though I strongly disagree with these choices, and thanks to this task my opinion of Rotten Tomatoes has fallen dramatically, but I guess that's not such a bad thing :P. Anyway, here they are, top 6 movies of all times according to Rotten Tomatoes (notice almost all movies are from the last 3 years):

1) Liepard - (Black Panther 2018)
2) Mewtwo (Avengers: End Game 2019) (I considered Nidoking for the looks, but Mewtwo gets the vibe of the super villain far better).
3) Gengar (Us 2019) (Didn't know much about this film, but from what I read about it, it seems fitting).
4) Klefki - (Toy Story 4 2019)
5) Hatterene (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz 1939)
6) Orbeetle (Lady Bird 2017)

A surprisingly creepy and other worldly team, I rather like it!

Make a team based on the 6 greatest artists of all times according to the RollingStone

The Man of Many Names

Formerly of the 4000+ Posts Club.
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Water, Steel
Pokédex Entry
With the pokedex number of 493, this Pokemon is essentially Arceus and fully intends to let the power get to his head.
1. Palossand (Castles Made of Sand - Jimi Hendrix)
2. Banette (Oh Baby Doll - Chuck Berry)
3. Rapidash (Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones)
4. Crawdaunt (Crawfish - Elvis Presley)
5. Golem (Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan)
6. Solgaleo (Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles)

This team is very physically oriented, and quite slow with the exception to Rapidash and Solgaleo. I could see this winning some battles, but it's probably gonna be losing more battles than it wins.

Can you make a Pokemon team based on 6 of the 7 deadly sins? You can pick which sin to omit.

VGBM

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Watch this, I can fit in all 7,

Leafeon (Wrath)
Glaceon (Lust)
Jolteon (Sloth)
Flareon (Pride)
Sylveon (Gluttony)
Umbreon (Greed)
Espeon (Envy)
My sincerest apologies to anyone who gets the joke.

The actual answer,
Salazzle (Lust)
Mimikyu (Envy)
Primeape (Wrath)
Cofagrigus (Greed)
Persian (Pride)
Snorlax (Sloth AND Gluttony)

Alright, now make a team based on ign's top 6 videogames of all time.

localhoney

~either i'm careless or i wanna get caught~
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Pokédex Entry
Localhoney, the Sweet Toxin Pokemon. It's said that the sounds it emits can paralyze even a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl.
1. Shiny Bagon (Super Mario World) - introduction of Yoshi
2. Necrozma (Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) - Ultra Space/Dark World
3. Alcremie (Portal 2) - the cake is a lie
4. Aerodactyl (Super Metroid) - looks like Ridley
5. Yveltal (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild) - brings destruction, much like Calamity Ganon
6. Zigzagoon (Super Mario Bros 3) - introduction of the Super Leaf aka the Tanuki Suit

Make a team based on Pitchfork's top 6 highest rated albums of all time.

AnOddEncounter

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
The Sun Hating Pokemon. Many AnOddEncounters have become addicted to nuzlocking and see playing pokemon normally as a sin to their culture.
I decided to use this list for my options (https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/1-pitchfork-highest-rated/all/1)
6. Audino - Dr. Dre, The Chronic - Audino = Dr.
5. Cinccino - Carole King, Tapestry - Tapestry = Fabric, Cinccino wears fabric.
4. Smeargle - Björk, Post - Smeargle = Art, the style listed was art pop.
3. Aegislash - Herbie Hancock, Head Hunters - Aegislash = Sword. Head Hunter made me think of swords.
2. Xurkitree - Fiona Apple, Fetch the Bolt Cutters - Xurkitree = Circuits which are cut
1. Exploud - Talking Heads, Fear of Music - Whismur could also make sense because of the Rattled Ability, but whatever, Exploud is a sound based pokemon, need I say more.

On the topic of Pitchfork lists...
Make a team based on Pitchfork's top 6 WORST rated albums of 2020.

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about fire emblem
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
using that list....

1. Vileplume - Asher Roth, Flowers on the Weekend. ...well, you wouldn't want to get a bouquet of rafflesia, would you?
2. Thundurus - Niall Horan, Heartbreak Weather. gloom and doom storms seem appropriate for a heartbreak.
3. Stakataka - Louis Tomlinson, Walls - i mean, uh, it's a pokemon that looks like a tower. towers have walls.
4. Duosion - Duke Dumont - Duality. easy enough, right? duos!
5. Mew - Field Music - Making a New World. mew's all about being discovered, and making a breakthrough in the scientific world, right? it's a NEW world of pokemon related research!
6. Smeargle - Remo Drive - Portrait of an Ugly Man. smeargle's stats + sketch just fit this for me.

for my list... world's 6 most popular pie flavors!

QuietGuardian

Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
I couldn't find a definitive ranking, so I just used this link, which seemed potentially credible.

1. Appletun (Apple pie)
2. Blaziken (Pot pie)
3. Gourgeist (Pumpkin pie)
4. Klefki (Key lime pie) (apologies for the bad key pun)
5. Pachirisu (Pecan pie) (because it's a squirrel and they like nuts)
6. Slurpuff (Cream pie)

Let's try the top 6 least populous countries next.

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That should be interesting, I'm guessing lots of islands, tiny European states, and of course the Vatican. Let's see if I'm correct:

1) Persian (Principality of Monaco - 38,100) - known as the playground of the ultra-rich, a classical elegant pokemon that hold the power to generate money fits it well.
2) Falinks - (Republic of San Marino - 33,55) - A tiny Roman influenced brave defender fits this country perfectly. An extremely small European republic, located in the heart of Italy with no other borders, has survived any attempts throughout history of invasion against all odds. Its system of law is heavily based on the Roman law and it is the oldest surviving Republic and is a direct descendant of the Roman Empire.
3) Corsola (Republic of Palau - 17,900) - This tiny Micronesian island country consists of an archipelago which includes lots of coral based island and impressive barrier reefs.
4) Galarian Corsola (Republic of Nauru - 11,000) - Another Micronesian island country, it is surrounded by a coral reef. This country underwent decades of abuse and damage to its ecology, natural resources, coral bleaching, and even the destruction of most of the island land itself due to excessive mining. Also after hundreds of years of being conquered and reconquered by different empires not much is left of the original culture, only a few customs remain, sort of a ghost shell of its past identity. It is now hopefully on its way to recovery and creating a new path for itself.
5) Alolan Exeggutor - (Tuvalu - 10,200) - Much like Naruu and Palau, Corsola (most of the islands are in fact coral atolls) and Galarian Corsola (they suffered massive coral bleaching) could have fitted this one well, but I decided to go with something more positive . Tuvalu has a rich and unique Polynesian culture, and most of its agriculture is based on Coconut.
6) Slowking - (Vatican City - 825) - Ok this was a hard one. I considered picking Klefki because of its Coat of Arms, but it felt too silly. Falinks could have worked well for the Swiss Guard but I used it already. There are also many pokemon gods but picking them to represent a Christian Theocracy felt a bit off. I decided to go with Slowking because A) It has an impressive tall crown, which is both a known feature of the pope (the Mitre) and is on the flag/coat of arm. B) It is a calm and non-physical Psychic type, which felt fitting for a religious country, and also Water which fits well with its proximity to water (even though it currently doesn't have access to the sea, it used to when it spread over larger portions of now day Italy).

Well that's a pretty decent team,,and can certainly pose a challenge for a late game player with a variety of types and coverage.

Ok, that was fun (and much harder than I thought it would be!).

Next I want to see a team based on the 6 most popular sports globally (pick whatever list fits you).

BadgerDaddy

DISAPPOINTED!
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 4, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Pokédex Entry
This was a mistake!
According to This site, those are the most popular sports:

6. Hariyama (Volleyball, you need to hit the ball with your hands, and big hands are a bonus)
5. Bibarel (Tennis. Bibarel's tail seems to be the right shape)
4. Sneasel (Field Hockey. A fast Pokemon, and the hands should be the right shape)
3. Sandshrew (Basketball. It can roll into a ball that kinda reminds of a basketball)
2. Galarian Farfetch'd (Cricket. A game where you hit a ball with a stick, which it has. Also, earliest mentions of the game come from Englush history, so the Galarian form fits the best)
1. Dubwool (Soccer. It's literally a soccerball but a sheep)

Ok... I wanna see a team based around the main cast of Friends!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)