• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode will be the last one featuring chapters from Call of the Divines and Solstice! Tune in to hear what the story's creators have to say about these audio adaptations of their runs.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Comic Unova Teen Mon Ties that Bind - A Blaze Black 2 Nuzlocke

Thread Description
May 12th - Production/Hiatus Update

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Great to see this is back, but that cliffhanger oof my heart.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Cheren is a frightening fight, even in vanilla! But with Metronome, ah! 0-0

Hugh as "Little Shit" is perfection. And that exchanging numbers scene? For those curious, yes, you are third-wheeled that much in vanilla too.

No, Timothy! No fire on your friends!

Is that..? Drayano, no, you didn't...

Rubombee

the ace that stays up the sleeve
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
shey/her
Pokémon Type
Water, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't even eat baguette, are you sure she's French
SO YOU'VE PROBABLY SEEN MY COMMENTS HUH

I love this so much!!!! Omg!!!! Sorry I have come down to spamming exclamation marks in hope to convey my excitement well enough
You art is drop-dead gorgeous and every single one of the Pokémon you draw are absolutely so fucking adorable jfc I love them all so much!!! Precious children we must protect at all costs!!!
And,, your paneling ang lighting and background skills,, and,, hhhh I fucking can't this is so awesome I don't even have the words anymore ,,

I am totally gonna follow the living heck out of this!!! hlneclinhcfchfscj

ssandshrew

tired but trying her best
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's an update except I come bearing Bad News

First, take page 9 ;w;

Second... please accept my apologies... unfortunately due to personal citcumstances I won't be able to continue ties that bind, at least not as I have been working on it. I do want to finish ties that bind (it's all written!! it's written and i spent a lot of time writing it so fuck it!! maybe i'll do a mixed media storylocke situation... we shall see)

For now, expect at least 2 more pages. I may post the unfinished other two pages, and continue with a sketchy/unfinished style after that, but that's all up in the air for now... I want to share the rest of ties that bind in a way that doesn't make me chug bone hurting juice and goddamn it i'll figure it out somehow lol

i'm sorry, but i hope you can at least enjoy this page ;w;

Last edited:

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Don't worry, life happens to all of us

this ride was good while it lasted, hopefully the future will treat you better

NyanCheetos

self-proclaimed queen of the sea slugs
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
if the cheddar ain't sharp, i don't want it.
BLAZE BLACK 2
BLAZE BLACK 2
BLAZE BLACK 2
ahem

I remember reading this a while ago, and I wanted to say thank you for sharing the story that you have! sometimes hand machine break and your head moves on the more feasible things, even if your heart sometimes get left behind. I'm excited to see how you choose to share the rest of TTB! I've toyed with the idea of making a run that updates in prose but has at least 2 or 3 pictures per update (like a picture book for grown ups). Im sure whatever you choose, as long as it makes you happy, will make all us happy too :)

As for the content, VESPA!! So cool! Cooler than a real vespa!!!! I feel like he'd wear a leather jacket and beat up Nazis when he's not out battling.

ssandshrew

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
Hey everyone! I hope you're staying safe and healthy during these unprecedented events.. The world's been pretty crazy over the last month ;w;

I come bearing an update! Here's page 10!

I plan on uploading page 11 soon as well and doing a sort of batch reply to all the replies y'all have left ;w; I'll be back soon!

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal
Glad to see an update (and don't worry, the backgrounds look fine)

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Thank goodness Ava has someone like Cheren around to talk her through this difficulty. Love seeing your art as always, that windy beach has precisely the right color scheme for me to almost feel the brisk wind and overcast salty air

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
touches the photo of Cheren and his friends
Something terrible happened here...

It's good to hear that Roxie's behavior wasn't the norm and most trainers aren't out for blood. ;v; Knowing that, I'm very curious (without any pleasant anticipation, I swear!) what the circumstances of the rest of the deaths will be like.

Also I'm so excited about the possibility of the comic continuing after all! Please don't worry about not being able to do full colour anymore. Reading a full colour comic is a wonderful treat, but without colour there still are the character designs, poses, expressions and compositions - so many things that are enjoyable and that show your skill, and that's just the visual side of things. I love this comic so much (I really regret that I've only managed to comment once before) and would love to see the story unfold!

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
"woke up on the wrong side of the bed?' asked Mr.Bed hair
Hugh's dialog is going back and forth between serious and joking in this page in contrast to Ava, lol
anyway good to see this series is continueing! god speed!

ssandshrew

Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 17, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Psychic
Hey everyone! Long time no see ;w;

First as a quick update, I’m hosting Ties that Bind on ComicFury now! Not changing platforms, just another place to keep it^^

I’ve been dropping in every so often to post new pages, but I never really let myself say I was ‘back’ if that makes sense? For a while I wasn’t planning on continuing Ties that Bind and so I felt bad saying I was here again if I’d be gone right after. But over the last few months after saying I was cancelling the comic, I still found myself on my outline document, or sketching out future pages and I sort of just realised that I didn’t want to? I really loved working on the comic and more than anything I was upset with the idea of not working on it anymore.

So!! It’s compromise time

I still want to work on the comic, so I’m going to, it’s just going to be a little bit different. I lost motivation working on it because it was hard to see the light at the end of each page, they just took so long to create and being in school just made the whole process so much longer. But now I have my degree! And I can’t leave the house! My schedule has freed up and I’ve had a chance to revamp my process and I feel like I can actually work on the comic again. Currently I’m looking for full-time work while doing some freelance work on the side, but once I have a more stable life schedule I’ll be able to create a proper comic schedule, too. In the meantime I’m going to work on making a bit of a buffer in case real adult life kicks me in the ass, but I do think that I can keep working on TTB without losing steam like I had before.

If I can be honest, I weirdly feel like I'm not.. Super welcome here? Sort of like sitting at the wrong lunch table in high school, its not wrong but it just feels a little bit off… that’s a dumb analogy since I’m 21 and I haven’t thought of high school in 4 years lmao but, you get the point. But at the same time I'm sure it's all in my head so I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing ;w; The last year has been pretty rough on me and a lot of things have been rocky, but I feel like getting back into working on TTB is sort of the only constant I can give myself.

I really appreciate everyone sticking with me and continuing to read the comic, even after I pretty much cancelled the comic. I can say with confidence that Ties the Bind is not cancelled - just on a bit of a hiatus for a bit longer while I get back into working on it regularly. I’m also going to put in more effort to be more active here - there are so so many runs I’ve been reading, and so so many kind replies from you all on my run, but I’m so terrible about commenting on things and that ends TODAY I want to support the community like you guys have supported me ;w;

For now I’ll leave you with a couple reference sheets I made to get back into drawing Hugh and Ava and I hope you’ll continue looking forward to updates in the future^^

Kadew

*bird sounds*
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
Grass, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Doesn't actually like birds all that much.
Wrong lunchtable feeling or not, I for one am happy to see you back and with a rekindled passion for working on this comic. You've got some real intense drama going on with these kids and I feel terribly for both of them, you just gotta keep going so that I can see their friendship mended, at the very least ;m;

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Your dialogue is so good and real!! Here we can see that these two, uh, have a lot of room for character development! But first, they will probably fight more and it will be very painful. I'm invested ;w;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)